Wedding Woes

90 Day fiance

Re: 90 Day fiance

• Ed at the pig farm was ridiculous. 
    To be fair, I was a little bit side-eyeing the dad for ridiculing Ed's footwear.  Umm, your daughter over there...who knows exactly what to expect...is wearing flip flops.

I bet both Ed and Lisa (to buy the goat) are wishing they'd brought some galoshes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • See, I took the dad's side-eye as more to Ed not wanting to get his sneakers muddy, and putting the bags over them. Which clearly created an even worse situation lol. 
  • I noticed the flip flops too! I mean his athletic shoes weren't bad if it weren't for the fact he was trying to prevent them from getting muddy.
  • There are so many 9DF’s going on now!

before The 90 days:
    I said the exact same thing lauren said about David & Yolanda.  They should get together.  No moving.  They
    both live in Vegas, they both can talk about catfishing on the first date, and they’re both gullible AF. 
    Ash.  Don’t like him.
    Tom. Go home!! You’ve stretched this story line as far as you can.  

Pillowtalk: 
    Annie and David are my couple goals.  I sincerely think they love each other, love being with each other and are best friends.  By far my fave couple. 

Quarantine:
    eh.  Nothing was super thrilling with this special event thing. Maybe seeing how Annie and David act outside of pillowtalk? 
    The guy from Vegas (slot machine tech) who was doing his own interview “I don’t know what the future holds”
    mom “no one does”
    thanks for ruining my dramatic moment ma!

what now?:
    found this to be boring too.  I can’t even remember who was on it to be honest. I’m interest in Rebecca and Zeid though, even though they weren’t on this ep. i likw that couple. 

• There are so many 9DF’s going on now!

before The 90 days:
    I said the exact same thing lauren said about David & Yolanda.  They should get together.  No moving.  They
    both live in Vegas, they both can talk about catfishing on the first date, and they’re both gullible AF. 
    Ash.  Don’t like him.
    Tom. Go home!! You’ve stretched this story line as far as you can.  

Pillowtalk: 
    Annie and David are my couple goals.  I sincerely think they love each other, love being with each other and are best friends.  By far my fave couple. 

Quarantine:
    eh.  Nothing was super thrilling with this special event thing. Maybe seeing how Annie and David act outside of pillowtalk? 
    The guy from Vegas (slot machine tech) who was doing his own interview “I don’t know what the future holds”
    mom “no one does”
    thanks for ruining my dramatic moment ma!

what now?:
    found this to be boring too.  I can’t even remember who was on it to be honest. I’m interest in Rebecca and Zeid though, even though they weren’t on this ep. i likw that couple. 
    I quoted you just so I can remember all the 90DF shows I watched, lol.

--That would be awesome if David and Yolanda got together!  Oooohhh, on the David story, teasing us with the door starting to open and the the show cuts out.  You are WRONG for that TLC!!!  Wrong!!!  Though then I was laughing during Pillow Talk when everyone else had the same uproar that I had just felt.

Pillowtalk:
    I like Annie and David also.  Which is funny to me because I didn't care for them when they were on their own season.  But one of my all-time fave couples is Loren and Alexi.  They have always been crazy about each other and it's sweet to see.

I enjoyed a recent conversation snippet they had.  I think it was the previous Pillowtalk episode, but Loren said something about how she's been to Israel 11 times but still isn't fluent in Hebrew.  Alexi scoffed back, "Fluent?!?  You don't speak Hebrew at all."  She then told him, in Hebrew, to sit there and shut his mouth.  He replies with that great dry wit he has, "Oh, that you know."

Quarantine:
    I only saw the last 20 minutes, but I taped it.  Your post reminded me about it and I'm about to hit play, lol.  That is despite the fact that I found what I watched so far to be deathly boring.  Apparently Elizabeth and Andrei were especially unclear on the concept.  Viewers like me want to be regaled with updates on what's been going on in your lives.  Not a stream of consciousness about your daily routine.  I'm not interested in my own daily routine!  I definitely don't want to hear about someone else's, lol.

I cannot stand Colt and his mom.  I find them so off-putting.  They also both always seem like their miserable.  Especially the mom.

What Now:
    I actually always like the "What Now" shows.  Though this one was really Jesse heavy, yuck.  You think Tom has overworn his welcome?  That's nothing compared to Jesse, who never goes away!  Apparently TLC thought a shower scene was "pivotal" to his story line, lmao.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Quarantine episode wasn't that great, I mean I still watched it but ugh. I did like David and Annie in it which was weird because i never liked them before (mostly him...) but they do genuinely seem happy together and having fun. 

Andrei is his usually A-hole self, ugh.

WTF on Courtney and the German guy? She could leave if she wanted to and if she's afraid of her parents getting sick she could quarantine in her room at their house. Just bizarre all around. 
  • kvruns said:
    The Quarantine episode wasn't that great, I mean I still watched it but ugh. I did like David and Annie in it which was weird because i never liked them before (mostly him...) but they do genuinely seem happy together and having fun. 

Andrei is his usually A-hole self, ugh.

WTF on Courtney and the German guy? She could leave if she wanted to and if she's afraid of her parents getting sick she could quarantine in her room at their house. Just bizarre all around. 
    Courtney, ugh.  She has always been so annoying.  Of course she could leave!  Girl, do you know how ridiculous you sound saying you were "trapped" there because the quarantine hit while you were at this guy's house?

Oh!  But then did you see how nice his house was?  His car?  He's bringing her a fancy breakfast in bed.

And she gets all of that for just the minor inconvenience of half-pretending that maybe there's a chance of a relationship.  I hear your frustration, Courtney//s.  If only there was some way to tell him that you're not his g/f.  Hmmm, how can you convey that information to him (eyeroll).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She also contradicted herself by saying they're not in a relationship and then later asking him how he thought their relationship was going. I fully believe it is all some sort of PR stunt for them

• kvruns said:
    She also contradicted herself by saying they're not in a relationship and then later asking him how he thought their relationship was going. I fully believe it is all some sort of PR stunt for them

True!  They certainly made a point of having one of their "photo shoots" for his company, though I don't think they said the name.

Speaking of, I normally try to be gender-neutral with what people choose to do.  But it struck me as extremely odd that a guy owns a company that produces menstruation cups.  How does that happen, lol?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tonight’s episode was 3 hours.  That’s a lot of time to commit. I think 1 hr of that was supposed to be for next week?

With the whole Ash seminar thing, I felt like that was staged. There’s no way if he taught like that, that he’d get recommendations and good reviews and still be in business. That was for the tlc.  Alexi counted.  7 people.  He cant do what he does for a living with only 7 people attending on a regular basis. But also if she really DID sit in on one of his seminars, he would know not to be as “charming” as he would if she wasn't there. About the nothing box: I wanted to say “maybe not all men have a nothing box - maybe it’s just you?”

I actually went to one of those seminars before with a British love coach, Matthew Hussey. He’s really good. Less sexist.

I loved the Mr. T ring box Usman had to chose from. The choices... the choices....

Do ulcers give you bad breath? I didn’t know that. As a bariatric patient I have to be careful of that, it’s easier to get. I missed the part when he told her about the breath.  And I’m torn.  Half of me would like to know if I’m smelly so I could change it, but the other half of me says they have to do it diplomatically.  Was the way he did it really bad? They all called him rude but how was he suppose to know about the ulcer without talking about her breath? 

I hate Tom. If he doesn't get his own way, or outcome he disses her.  Then tries again.  And fails.  Then disses her again.  I never wanted you anyway he says.  Well what if she did fall for it.  Would his song change then.  Probably. 

• Wtf I think my TV screwed up. It recorded 2 old episodes (original Angela/Michael Rachel/Singing guy,Darcy/Jesse). wtf 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2020
    I think they were playing those all day.  Ugh!  Do you have ondemand?

im also glad Erika and Stephanie rekindled.  But I half expected Erika to be “we’re going boomerang throwing! Oh.... and it’s topless”

by the way what person asks 2 girls hanging out “so you’re friends or something?”.  So unnatural to even ask that. Stephanie just wanted a reason to say “special friend”. 

• Sling has On Demand but when I look at it the episode is completely missing. It does show a More to Love coming up so I guess I'll watch that whenever it appears. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2020
    I'm with you, @CharmedPam.  I also thought the Ash seminar was staged and so was the weird question by the boomerang guy.

I almost started to type Jesse instead of Tom, lol.  I felt like Tom going to Connecticut was probably staged also.  Because, otherwise, who does that!?!  "I know we already broke up.  Because I started dating someone else without breaking it off with you first.  And I broke up with you by forcing you to come to NY.  Just like Jesse did and like you were worried about.  But I''m SO SORRY about how things ended.  Since I need more closure, I'm here in person which will reopen the wound and hurt you even more.  But please read my heartfelt letter."  At least he didn't call her fat this time?  So.Many.Eyerolls.

I would have given Big Ed more credit about the bad breath issue, if it wasn't for the fact that he's been such a patronizing jerk with her the whole time.  I do feel this should have been a conversation instead of giving her oral hygiene "gifts".

Edited to add: I liked Geoffrey's Russian friend.  That guy, even with his limited English, was hilarious!  Varya is so nice.  I like her every time she is on and wish she would wake up and dump Geoffrey.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah but did you see Geoffrey’s arms?  You don’t leave a guy with arms like that 😉 

• Finally got to watch, it was added to On Demand last night.

Ed: I just don't like him. At all. Talking to her as if she didn't know what toothpaste or mouthwash is. Not to mention you don't have a convo like that on TV! Just think of all the things he's rude to her about - leg hair, bad breath, living conditions, etc. Poor girl just takes it because she wants a better life for her son. 

Ash: that seminar was just weird. I like that he said they are lucrative and then 7 people are there. Yea notsomuch. I will say when they were having their discussion/fight outside by the water it felt like me talking to DH as he does the same with getting defensive, digging in his heels, refusing to accept anyone else's opinion or thought bc he thinks he is always right about everything but yet he will tell you that I always say he's wrong and he can never do anything right in my eyes. Ugh it was like therapy watching that LOL

Run away from Geoff....run. He'll beat you with those arms. 
  • quarantine was less bad this week.  I could watch Molly and Cynthia all day.  To bad their show didn't take off. Her daughter is cute.  “You don’t have to cry about it”
    yeah...yeah you do, kid. I would absolutely get virtually fitted by them! Now Darcey and Stacey in quarantine I want to see.  I had to buy some of my own gel polish and hair extension remover.  I’m already thinking of reapplying my extensions on my own but I may as well wait. Unless my thinning hair disgusts my zoom call peeps. I do know I have to take them out soon though, since it’s their time.  And I want to see how Cesar virtually dates.  I’m kind lucky in that I’m not ready to date so I don’t think Im missing out on anything, but intrigued on how people get by doing that.  

What now:  I feel bad for Laura. If Aladin wasn’t using her for the green card, then why did he marry her?  That relationship ended fast.  I still can’t stand her son.
    lauren and alexei they are super cute.... but without drama I don’t see a story line.  Lol.  Her mom seems awesome though.
    Tiffany and Ronald: they annoy me. And I don’t know why.  They didn’t do anything wrong, they’re just annoying. I liked her in the other 90 day series.

• Me: Wait I thought Quarantine was on Mondays...how did you get to watch it?

Also me: ohhh today is Tuesday
  • What happened with Laura and Aladin? As much as they seemed weird it also seemed like there might be a real, strange relationship there. 

I never watch the What Now so I feel lost now
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2020
    Quarantine:

Matt & Alla : I'm laughing about her making him quarantine in the RV. I think just the way he said it struck me funny like she was mad at him and didn't want him around. Don't video call and drive dude! His car place must be doing well to have a nice house and a porsche for her!

Molly: why was her daughter in the front seat?? I'm not a car seat nazi but that didn't seem like the safest option. I thought it was interesting they had someone willing to be shirtless on TV for their fitting segment
  • I also thought that was a better and more interesting Quarantine show than the last one.

That's awesome that Molly and Cynthia are spending 12-14 hours/day sewing face masks.  I know it's not just out of charity.  It's helping them keep their business afloat too, while their retail store is mostly shut down.  But it's still awesome.  They've got the skills, machinery, and the materials.  I appreciate them putting it to good use!

@kvruns, oh yeah, Matt is money.  I remember that from when they were on the show.  Not at all something he bragged about or flaunted.  But you could tell.  Plus I think he did talk about his business some.  They always seemed like such a nice, well-suited couple.  I'm glad things seem to be going well for them.

They were on the same Tell-All with Jorge and Anfisa.  Anfisa started getting really upset and Alla starting speaking to her in Russian to help soothe her.  That always struck me because Alla wasn't doing that for the cameras or the fame.  If she was, she would have spoken in English.  She was doing it to be kind to someone who was hurting

What Now:

I was really disappointed that Steven and Olga aren't going to appear on the original 90DF series!  Come on!  I think there has yet to be a couple who appeared on "Before the 90 Days" and then followed through on the original "90 Day Fiance" series.

I don't understand Laura and Aladin either.  But then, they got married on her first trip to visit him.  Though they did the big multi-day celebration on her next trip, which I think was also her trip to move there.  But they had only known each other for 10 days for the original ceremony!  I'm sure that's what went wrong, lol.  They just didn't know each other well enough to see if they were compatible.

I was surprised how long Tiffany had spent in the US!  I assumed she was just going there to give birth, stay a couple months for them both to recover and head back to Ronald.  But apparently she'd gotten a new job and everything and that was a much older baby.  I'm waiting for the next episode to see if they've moved back or if that was just a visit, lol.  ((Spoiler)) This couple is kind of "ruined" for me on the show because I already know they've filed for divorce and she is back (again) living in the US.

The Loren and Alexi gender reveal party was ruined for me also because I already knew from reading it online that they had a healthy baby boy a couple weeks ago, lol.  Though it was interesting to hear that, in Jewish tradition, it's considered a bad omen to have gifts or anything for a baby who isn't born yet, in the parents' home.

I can't help it.  I still side-eye Avery for making huge changes to her life within a 6-month period at the ripe, old age of 19.  But, since it's too late now, I hope she proves me wrong, lol.  It was nice to see that her and Omar are still excited about and happy with each other.  I hope things go well with his family, though it sounds like she has at least video-chatted with them before.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where are Omar and Avery living? 
  • kvruns said:
    Where are Omar and Avery living? 
    Omar is in Syria and Avery is in Ohio.  At least I'm pretty sure she is in Ohio.

The "What Now" episode was her second visit seeing him and 8 months after they got married.  They got married on the same visit where they meet each other IRL for the first time, yeesh.  This second meeting is also in Lebanon because Syria is still too dangerous for her to go there.  His family is driving to Lebanon to meet her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ah ok, I thought maybe she had stayed over there (meaning whatever country would allow them)
  • kvruns said:
    Ah ok, I thought maybe she had stayed over there (meaning whatever country would allow them)
    That's one of the things they've talked about.  But she's been living in the US the whole time.  Her immigration attorney from a previous episode strongly recommended that she stay living in the US or it would make their case for a spousal visa even weaker.

Last it was mentioned, they were going to exhaust all other options of bringing him to the US and then they would start looking more seriously at either her moving to Syria or moving to another country where they could both more easily establish residency.

In the previous season they were on, Omar tried to warn her how bad it is in Syria.  Not even so much about the danger, but what living conditions are like.  No hot water ever.  Sometimes no running water at all.  Electricity is iffy.  It works sometimes, but its also common for it to be off for long periods of time.  Sometimes its even off for days.  But she wasn't hearing any of it and had an attitude of "love conquers all and none of that matters as long as I'm with you".  Oh, honey.  No, lol.  You really can't say that until you've lived it.  His description is a far cry from the cushy, middle class existence you've had so far living in your parent's house!  

At least according to her attorney, it's already unlikely she'll be able to get a spousal visa for him at this time because he's from Syria.  I think they've already been denied and she went to this attorney for an appeal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm finding What Now and the Quarantine episodes so boring. 

Why is Courtney back? So weird with the German guy. Why is Jesse going to back as well? He's the biggest tool. 

I feel bad for Erica and I can't stand Stephanie. 
    Ed - he's the grossest. I almost can't even watch their scenes. All of this with the shaving, and toothbrush. What a fucking asshole. 
  • I do remember the segments about her not being afraid of life in Syria or thinking it would be fun and I was like oh cmon girl, you're too young to realize what you're trying to get yourself into!
  • Geoffrey: did all this stuff happen with his ex and kidnapping and all that AFTER this was filmed or before? 

• kvrunskvruns member
    Before. So it was strange TLC let someone on the show with that kind of record 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I just watched Sunday's episode. 

Ed & Rose: the more his episodes proceed the more I dislike him. I'm so glad Rose stood up to him instead of sacrificing herself just to get out of the Philippines

Stephanie/Erica: yawn

Yolanda: just stop

David: just stop

Avery & Ash: What a baby, ugh, I really dislike him and what a joke of a "relationship coach"

Lisa & Usman: if you were flying to another country to possibly get married you would bring every document known to man just in case, including your divorce decree. Although it also seemed like if she had said she was never married they could have proceeded. Probably all just staged anyway.....