Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• Options
    In Response to Re:Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?:[QUOTE]You are welcome here. Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I feel like this thread has gone from confessions to how much Star Wars rocks. I was a huge fan of the books up to a certain point. Read 'em all when I was like 12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LP I am unemployed right now so I have tons of time. :P I recently watched the first 8 seasons of SG1 all in a row until I finally had to take a break. I just want to get through it so I can watch Atlantis and Universe or whatever. Heh.

Oh, and just so no one thinks I'm really that lazy I watch this stuff while knitting, which is work for me right now. Heh. Although, really, lately I've been a lazy bum.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:954940c3-e750-46b2-9778-d5df5aed9918">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never seen Star Wars. My irritation is Yahoo articles. Well, not the articles, but the comments. I admit, I like reading the entertainment ones at work because they are mindless and give me a break when needed. The comments are always "Yet another piece of oh-so-steller journalism, " WHY should we care about this?", "What a piece of garbage, who cares about these people" and the like. If you don't want to read them, then don't click on the effing article. No one is forcing you to open them. I don't know why it annoys me so much, but it just gets me pissy.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I have given up on most of humanity after reading most comments on articles.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0b1b9e74-2be4-4b84-8a50-e85b3b926ef8">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I bet she's 22yo too.
    Posted by retz62[/QUOTE]

<div>Another Un Pop Op, I hate it when people assume someone's age by their behavior. I'm 22, I don't write posts like that. My FI is 28, and is way more immature (grammar?) than I am. </div>
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0bab35fd-2aef-4aa2-a030-ad244388d07b">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My other contribution to this thread: Kenny Chesney should never be allowed to take his hat off. Ever.
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree with this. I'm going to see him in 9 days, I'm excited. Hopefully the hat stays on.

I'm irritated that the blue shoes I bought online from Amazon (the link you found me, Muni) are not the same color they were online and I don't like them as much. They're kind of between the way the torquoise and the teal looked online. In all fairness, they're called torqouise and they look torquoise. But online they looked more blue and that's what I wanted. Irrational or no?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:0b1b9e74-2be4-4b84-8a50-e85b3b926ef8">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I bet she's 22yo too.
    Posted by retz62[/QUOTE]

I don't know. She's said something about being a nurse so I'd put her at 23-24, unless she just graduated and got a job right away.

Regardless, if I was having a $50k wedding (I think that's the number she threw out), that I wasn't paying for, the people paying for it could do whatever they wanted. And my guests could wear whatever they wanted. But that's just me.
  • Options
    I have a unpop opinion and it's pretty sad as well. I was on The new P&CE board and they were talking about child abuse. Someone posted a link to the Brianna story. WHY I LOOKED I HAVE NO IDEA. I thought abut it all night. Anyone who rapes a 5 month old and inflicts the type of abuse that baby endured should be tortured and then killed. The sentences they received just were not enough.
  • Options
    I don't even know who Kalpi or kwill or any of those people are.

I'm also thinking I should probably resent that comment, yet I have no idea why.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:f169d42e-e4f6-45b0-9f29-0318818f26f1">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a unpop opinion and it's pretty sad as well. I was on The new P&CE board and they were talking about child abuse. Someone posted a link to the Brianna story. WHY I LOOKED I HAVE NO IDEA. I thought abut it all night. Anyone who rapes a 5 month old and inflicts the type of abuse that baby endured should be tortured and then killed. The sentences they received just were not enough.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of this and I know I will probably regret it, but I have to google it now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:107519a5-903e-4a08-816f-f605586eb907">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Star Trek = awful.  Star Wars = amazeballs.  I confess that my horse needed his annual shots and his teeth done, and it was almost a $300 bill, so I sold my sewing machine to my mom, put the money in my old account to pay it off and never told H any of it.  I feel mildly guilty about keeping it from him, but the horse thing is a sensitive subject. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

It was only$300?

My horses are way more than that for teeth/shots. :(
  • Options
    Damn you Rachers. Now I'm all skeptical.
  • Options
    Habs, I agree with adamar. Those are necessary costs, not just blowing money on unneeded items.

Kind of along the same lines, I confess that I'm getting really frustrated with Whisky and his meds. Everything I do he keeps rejecting. We've gone through so many med forms and ways to administer them and they work for awhile, but eventually he refuses. Like, wrapping pills in pill pockets, then cheese, then treats, or going with liquids, and it always goes back to force-feeding them. I dread medicine time now because I just feel guilty and frustrated and sad and I dont know what to do.
  • Options
    I guess my UO is I hate Kenny Chesney, with or without a hat. I can't stand his voice, and he just seems like a little b!tch.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:516f90ce-ab2b-4798-be1a-029a5d9a6f46">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I haven't heard of this and I know I will probably regret it, but I have to google it now.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]
    Don't Angel it's way fuckedup!
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:1ee703ea-bea1-470a-9c47-8ff9dc8ebd1e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still have TY notes to write. I suck at life. Sometimes I think I'm forgetting where my 'roots' are. H and I are so lucky to have nice things and great jobs and sometimes it shocks me to think of where I came from<strong>. I struggle with whether I feel accomplished or ashamed.</strong> I'm also not unconvinced that bruno is Kalpi. Or kwill or somebody.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I definitely understand that one. It also leads me to often feel as though I don't quite fit in anywhere.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Irrational irritation: My friend's wedding pictures are up, but she says that only people with the password can see them.  The password was on the tables at the wedding.  I was a BM in the wedding, and I have no memory of any card with the password.  I messaged her asking for the PW, but she hasn't responded.  I want to see the pictures!

Confession: I'm going to RI this weekend to a friend's house, and I'm really anxious about it.  I want to see her, she's my BF, but she has a ton of plans for the weekend for me to hang out with other people that I don't know and I have severe social anxiety.  She knows this, I just don't think she realizes the extent to which I have it. 

Also, the counseling meeting that H was supposed to have after his nervous breakdown last weekend got canceled due to a death in the counselor's family, and even though I know I probably shouldn't give a rat's ass about what happens to him, I'm still worried.  He'll probably be fine, I know, but the way he was acting last weekend (and all this week) has me worried for his health.  We have a joint counseling appointment on Tuesday, so I'll feel better after that.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Since Hannibal Lecter was brought up - I read something recently about a remake of "Hannibal".  Why can't anyone come up with an original movie, instead of remaking ones that were made in the 80s and 90s?  It is not like it was not long ago, people. 

I guess I can understand re-makes of movies from the 30s and 40s, but I swear I will boycott and not lay my eyes on a remake of "Some Like It Hot" - no one can fill Marilyn's shoes.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    A - I don't actually have to hide it from him, I did it to make it easier on me.  Roux is actually not costing us a penny right now other than insurance and vet bills, but thanks to my part boarder and her taking lessons, my board and feed is covered, so H is much happier.  Plus, he gets over his little horsey freak outs really fast when he looks at bank statements and realises that even though I have a horse, I spend less money than him on wants.  I know it's a crazy expensive hobby, so I try to take it easy on H.  Vet bills came at the same time as a big farrier bill and my insurance was due... so I chose to take a bit of the sting out of it.  Plus we needed new tires on both vehicles and all this crap. It's been a spendy month. 

Oh, I'm also pissed because the government made a mistake when issuing two HST refund cheques to each of us ($400 total), then they realised they had our incomes wrong and sent us a letter saying we owe them the money back.  AFTER it had been spent.  Awesome.  Flucking government. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have an irrational irritation.  I bought a whole bunch of books on a used book website 17 days ago and they STILL haven't arrived.  They claim they shipped them on the 22nd via USPS.  I went on the post office's website and the cheapest shipping method I could find would have had it here a week ago. It's irrational b/c it says right on the website that it will take 4 - 14 business days so they still have until next tuesday, but I just want to read my books!
  • Options
    Posted by retz62[/QUOTE]

This is based on what exactly?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I wondered if she was Kalpi too, Rachers (:  There's someone else who I think is kwills, but I can't think of the UN ATM.

Angel, I don't think that's at all irrational.  It's really irritating when the color isn't close.  I bought some shoes that looked BRIGHT orange in the picture, but they're more of a coral (Do you remember the sandals that I was debating getting blue or orange?)  I still really like them thought.

Sesh, Poor Whiskey.  I have no advice, but that's sad that it's so difficult for you and him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:1ee703ea-bea1-470a-9c47-8ff9dc8ebd1e">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still have TY notes to write. I suck at life. Sometimes I think I'm forgetting where my 'roots' are. H and I are so lucky to have nice things and great jobs and sometimes it shocks me to think of where I came from. I struggle with whether I feel accomplished or ashamed. I'm also not unconvinced that bruno is Kalpi. Or kwill or somebody.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>Rach, I think that's fairly normal/common to feel conflicted in that situation. My mom grew up in a trailer with 7 brothers and sisters.  She never even had her own bed once her younger sisters were born/old enough to not sleep in a crib.  My dad was also pretty poor growing up, though not as much as my mom.  They both worked hard and while they aren't millionaires or anything, they are definitely comfortable and my mom was able to retire at 55.  My mom told me she feels guilty sometimes, especially since all of her siblings expect for 1 sister are still in what most people would consider to be a lower class SES. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Edie - I've never seen a remake I liked, except for Footloose. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:8f647c0f-500c-44c3-ab8c-e2559d11f0a9">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll unlurk to give you guys entertainment since I enjoy reading your flames. You guys all need to get a life. You're married. Move on with your lives. There. Have a nice day :)
    Posted by snuff9861[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not married yet and even I think this is stupid. You just said yourself you like reading what the married ladies say. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:76f9399b-e277-4333-8d10-a74e1982dcc9">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A - I don't actually have to hide it from him, <strong>I did it to make it easier on me.</strong>  Roux is actually not costing us a penny right now other than insurance and vet bills, but thanks to my part boarder and her taking lessons, my board and feed is covered, so H is much happier.  Plus, he gets over his little horsey freak outs really fast when he looks at bank statements and realises that even though I have a horse, I spend less money than him on wants.  I know it's a crazy expensive hobby, so I try to take it easy on H.  Vet bills came at the same time as a big farrier bill and my insurance was due... so I chose to take a bit of the sting out of it.  Plus we needed new tires on both vehicles and all this crap. It's been a spendy month.  Oh, I'm also pissed because the government made a mistake when issuing two HST refund cheques to each of us ($400 total), then they realised they had our incomes wrong and sent us a letter saying we owe them the money back.  AFTER it had been spent.  Awesome.  Flucking government. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

I think you're rationalizing.  I'm not trying to attack you at all, I just feel like you shouldn't have to hide it or tiptoe around him just because of your horse.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Bay, I totally feel you on the social anxiety and not wanting to hang out with a bunch of people you don't know. I didn't used to be like that, but since my depression/anxiety has worsened, I've developed that too. Sometimes I even get it in a group of close friends. Can you just explain to her how you feel? You've been through a lot lately, she should be understanding that you just want a low key weekend with her. She probably doesn't realize how anxious it's making you and hopefully she'd be willing to cancel at least some of the plans if you talk to her.
  • Options
    Confession: After so many people had so many great things to say about the DivaCup, I ordered one on amazon and am nervous about trying it out. I feel like I'll be one of the few people it doesn't work well for.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:78ffd287-e8be-4be0-b1de-36a84ab0a540">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What Stargate is the one with Robert Carlyle in it (aka Rumplestiltskin)? Cos I might have to watch that one. He's awesome. Djhar -- I follow you on the vow renewals thing. It's like "I don't get trashy reality TV!" Wow. I've never heard that before.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

He was in Stargate Universe.  I didn't like that one nearly as much as Original Flavor Stargate.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:e27e2e1d-5f04-4bd4-9020-2c90722f9993">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a total Star Wars nerd. I even went to a convention! My obsession has quieted down in the last few years, but I'm still an unabashed SW lover. Too bad the prequels kind of blew. Have you ever seen the review from Red Letter Media? It's like an hour long but it is one of the funniest things ever. CLICKY <strong>Confession: I'm annoyed with H. He hurt his knee somehow and just had to get an MRI. He's quitting his job and going back to school in a few months. I had this awesome budget laid out, and now it's all effed because we're going to have to pay for this MRI. ALSO the MRI didn't even show anything. So now he has appointments for an Xray and a follow up with an orthopaedist. He had knee surgery several years ago and I'm so scared of the cost if that has to happen again. I agreed to and totally encouraged the job/school plan but now that he could end up with mucho medical bills, I'm nervous. I know it's not his fault. It's a freak occurance with his knee. But I want to like, threaten him that if it costs a lot of money he can't quit and go back to school. But that's crazy, I know. Also, he whines a lot about how much it hurts. And he went home sick from work today. I have a low tolerance for his whiny butt right now. I'm trying not to be mad at him to his face over something that he has no control over, but it's hard!
    </strong>Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]

This is probably why it's not smart for BOTH of you to quit jobs and go back to school. That's what you're doing IIRC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards