How Long You've Been Togeth er: YEAR AND A HALF
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):
    When You Got Married (if you're married):
    Fur Babies:
    Favorite Color: PINK
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: HE LOVES ME LIKE NO ONE ELSE
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: HE'S DEPLOYED TO AFGHANISTAN
    Hobbies/Activities:
    Describe Your Personality: QUIET,SHY, MORE OUTGOING WHEN YOU GET TO KNOW ME. SIMPLE. CLASSIC.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name:
    frosted kels

Significant Other's Age:

What You Do:
    marketing student at UF

What SO Does:
    health education student at UF/ contracted air force health consultant (currently on reserves until he graduates)

State of Relationship:
    dating. spending every minute of every day with each other or texting each other.

How Long You've Been Together:
    17 months

january 2012

Fur Babies:
    7 month old pomeranian, Ellie

Favorite Color:
    light purple, chocolate brown, teal, light yellow, kelly green

Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    how we're made for each other

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    how the air force will take him away from me all the time

Hobbies/Activities:
    vegetarian cooking, painting, fashion, yoga, baking

Describe Your Personality:
    down-to-earth, unique, fearless, sweet, fun-loving, funny (or so i'd like to think), perfectionist

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
    2. i am a perfectionist, but i will always avoid confrontation.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:
    i want to open my own bakery
  • edited December 2011

Screen Name:
    roma125

Significant Other's Age: 24

What You Do: tour guide and freelance artist

What SO Does: translator/ substitute teacher

State of Relationship: "Shacking up" as my grandmother calls it :) We've lived together for about 2 years, and I recently moved to his native country, Italy. We've had the big talks about marriage and have timelines for everything. Right now we're just enjoying our relationship and this exciting time in our lives.

How Long You've Been Together: 4.5 years

Fur Babies: a sweet little black kitten who gets into everything and farts a lot

Favorite Color: turquoise

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's honestly THE best friend anybody could have. He always puts everybody else before himself.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His lack of ability to make decisions about anything. 90% of the time, if I don't decide where to go for dinner, we'll just end up driving around starving.

Hobbies/Activities: painting, pottery, traveling, decorating

Describe Your Personality: Pretty mellow, painfully honest, and sometimes a little naive (though I like to call it optimistic). I generally tend to believe the best about everybody unless they prove me wrong.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Online, like a 2. IRL probably a 4 if somebody is just completely idiotic.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I live in Italy
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: tamtam828
    Significant Other's Age: 29
    What You Do: Social worker
    What SO Does: IT Technician
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: Total, 4 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): December 4, 2010
    Fur Babies: Chiquita, our golden retriever
    Favorite Color: Red
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so thoughtful and sweet
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He takes everything seriously.
    Hobbies/Activities: Working, skiing, knitting, reading.
    Describe Your Personality: I'm a pretty laid back chick but I can have my freakouts. I love to love and to make people laugh!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I used to be a competitive skiier, and almost qualified for the Olympics. I had to stop when I injured my knee.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: SopChick
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: music geek
    What SO Does: computer geek
    State of Relationship: living together
    How Long You've Been Together: >5 years
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can always make me laugh
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is so stubborn!
    Describe Your Personality: I'm a planner, I hate not to know what's going on. (BF is the opposite... drives me crazy sometimes!) I avoid conflict whenever possible, and I always think talking it out calmly is better than a screaming match. I give people the benefit of the doubt, and trust them unless they give me a reason not to.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2? It really depends on my mood, and how BSC you come across!
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have a day job that I love, but the dream job is to play dress-up for a living. (on the stage)

Lovely to meet you all! :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • DeAnna783310DeAnna783310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:
    DeAnna783310

Significant Other's Age:21

What You Do: A full time student/Secretary

What SO Does: A pipefitter in the fire sprinkler industry

State of Relationship: dating.. been living together.. speaking of marriage

How Long You've Been Together: little over 1 year but have been best friends for almost 7 years now

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): not engaged..yet.

Fur Babies:
    I have a rat named Nessa. Yes she is a rat but she is adorable. We also have a minature weenie dog named Sophie!

Favorite Color: Black & Pink

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His eyes are gorgeous. And how even after this time I still get butterflies when he kisses me.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can't cook, so I have to go to school/work/ and cook. But he does help clean...sometimes.

Hobbies/Activities:
    I love reading, bloging, listening to the rain. I love all types of music. I enjoy being outside and going 4 wheeler riding.

Describe Your Personality: I am very outgoing but at the same time very shy until I get to know people. I am a pretty happy person most of the time. I am sometimes considered "eccentric". I understand everyone has their own views and I respect that.

Probably a 2. I will not be just flat out mean, but if someone does hurt my feelings or say something that is inappropriate, I am not afraid to stand up for myself.

I could eat mexican food all day every day. I am in school to for a business major in management so I can start my own career as a wedding planner!
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: mellimel19

Significant Other's Age: 30

What You Do: I'm an editor that writes newsletters and web content for a supplement manufacturing company.

What SO Does: He's a project manager for a production company that puts sets together for fashion shows, and does design/construction for store openings, parties, events, etc.

State of Relationship: Living together, not yet engaged

How Long You've Been Together: 5 years

Fur Babies: Our kitty Loki, who is a little devil, but we love him! ;)

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Thing About Your SO: I love that is always so supportive of anything I want to do, and also that he always thinks of us as a team, particularly when it comes to making any major decisions. He always thinks how it will affect "us" as a team, and never just himself.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can be indecisive sometimes, fortunately that's limited to pretty trivial things, like what he wants for dinner, and not about major life decisions. Also, he can be lazy about housework. The funny thing is, these are both qualities that apply to me as well, and they annoy me about myself too! haha

Hobbies/Activities: Camping, bike riding, going to concerts/music festivals, baking, reading

Describe Your Personality: I'm a pretty laid back person, I try to focus on all the positive things in my life, and surround myself with family, friends, food and hobbies that make me happy. Wow, that sounds pretty lame! Wink

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've driven almost 24 hours to camp on an Indian reservation in Florida, spent 41 hours in standstill traffic, and also flown halfway across the world, all just to get to a music festival (3 different instances btw, don't think I would have survived that all in one trip! lol)

Hello everyone! Even though I'm not engaged yet, I've really enjoyed lurking on these boards, and hope to find lots of useful tips and info from you gals when my time comes! Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: anderia_06
    Significant Other's Age:45
    What You Do: currently unemployed to finish my degree
    What SO Does: business owner
    State of Relationship: pre engaged, as i call it
    How Long You've Been Together: almost 4 years
    Fur Babies: 2 dogs
    Favorite Color: turquoise
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: very giving and generous
    Hobbies/Activities: arts & crafts, traveling
    Describe Your Personality: good 'ol southern gal, I'd like to think I'm classy and somewhat conservative, but fun!
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I recently gave up my job and wonderful salary to move to Wyoming for the summer and live in an RV with my BF while he does work here. It is an amazing break from reality and can't thank him enough for supporting me and breaking me free from "the grind"
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: lehigh.m.r
    Significant Other's Age: 29
    What You Do: Tech Assistance-AT&T (going back to school too)
    What SO Does: Restraurant Manager
    State of Relationship: Great :) We are completely honest with each other and talk about marriage on the regular...
    How Long You've Been Together: A little over a year
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):?
    When You Got Married (if you're married): na
    Fur Babies: uhhhh
    Favorite Color: Green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he always makes me laugh! :)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his fear that i will leave him for someone else (which trust me will NOT happen)
    Hobbies/Activities: music music music, movies, yoga, running, reading
    Describe Your Personality: Im pretty outspoken and talkative. I am also pretty honest, almost to a fault, but have learned to keep people's feelings under consideration...
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Hmm i'd say i'm mid snark-5
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have a bit of wanderlust but I think i am finally ready to settle down in many matters, I have lived in many states and cities and love experiencing new things, only now i want to experience those things with my man!:)
  • flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: flyawn
    Significant Other's Age: 45
    What You Do: health policy analyst
    What SO Does: mergers and acquisitions
    State of Relationship: pretty damn good.  not engaged yet but ring shopping
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): fall/winter 2010
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his sarcasm
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: how much he travels for work
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7.5-8.5
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: uabasl
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Law Student
    What SO Does: US Army 1st Lt.
    State of Relationship: Different states for the time being (my school and his army stuff)
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    Fur Babies: Roxie, the boxer-mix pound puppy
    Favorite Color: Red for me, Blue for SO
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He always makes sure I never need a thing and that we get to spend as many days together as possible given our current living situations
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He is very strong-willed and opinionated, as well as passionate about his opinions...even when he just needs to let it go sometimes. 
    Hobbies/Activities:  camping; horses; swiming; boating; NPR and BBC
    Describe Your Personality: relaxed; old-soul; easy-going
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  hmm...  3; I don't instigate snarkiness, but I will respond to it.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I spent my 4th of July weekend as a volunteer for the Let Freedom Sing concert & fireworks for Nashville and got to meet Trace Adkins when he came onto our boat!  As well as Jesse James (the singer, not Sandra Bullock's ex), Ayla Brown from American Idol, Julianne Hough, and a few other performers!
  • sosweetmelisssosweetmeliss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:
    What You Do: Music Therapist
    What SO Does: Counselor
    State of Relationship: Moving In Together in th fall
    How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 yrs
    Favorite Color: Purple
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me smile, and  always loves me.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Snoring... but we've been getting better with that one
    Hobbies/Activities: I like to make music, and have recently been doing some drawing
    Describe Your Personality: Friendly, usually outgoing, love to make people smile, and have fun
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Usually around a 2... though there's always bad days
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I LOVE my job, and love telling stories about what I do
  • edited December 2011

Significant Other's Age: 36

What You Do: law student

What SO Does: finance

How Long You've Been Together: three years in October

Fur Babies: a puppy named Serafina

Favorite Thing About Your SO: his intelligence and his heart

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his indecisiveness

Hobbies/Activities: reading, writing, dancing, exploring NYC

Describe Your Personality: I think I'm a pretty typical Type A

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've been published in poetry anthologies.
  • AngelSong76AngelSong76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: AngelSong76

Significant Other's Age: 28

What You Do: Public Relations

What SO Does: Software Engineer

State of Relationship: Living together (not engaged yet but soon!)

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years in September since the day we met, 1 year this May since our first date.  (he's shy and had a really hard time working up to asking me out)

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):  sometime in 2011

Fur Babies: Kaylee - beagle/lab mix who is just over a year old

Favorite Color: all shades of blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO: the way his nose wrinkles when he laughs, his kind heart, and his gorgeous brown eyes.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his mother (it's a joke.  sort of)

Hobbies/Activities: Community theatre and chorale, gaming, writing, watching movies, going to stand-up comedy shows, knitting, crochet.

Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, compassionate, and extremely loyal to friends and loved ones.  I'm an ENFJ on the Myers Briggs personality scale if anyone cares.  It just means I love people!

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  pretty high - probably 8

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I've directed and acted in shows at several local community theatres and I love it!  There's nothing like putting on a costume and pretending to be someone else for a few hours every day.  My SO likes to come watch rehearsals and performances - always with flowers for opening night, of course!  In fact, our first kiss was an opening night of The Odd Couple.  He brought me flowers and I kissed him on the cheek!

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: mermaid+cricket
    Significant Other's Age:24
    What You Do:  I am the properties designer and actress at a theatre in Ohio
    What SO Does:production assistant and actor at the same theatre
    State of Relationship: living together and moving to NY in the fall!!
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): n/a
    When You Got Married (if you're married):n/a
    Fur Babies:none right now, but I am hoping to get a daschund puppy within the next couple of years
    Favorite Color: purple
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  the way he completely understands me, even when I don't understand myself and his killer smile :)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  he is not a planner
    Hobbies/Activities: theatre, music, movies
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  I would think that it is very low...  I'm pretty laid back and I want to think the best of people.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: StinaPie14
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    What You Do:
     Simple data entry at an insurance company.
    What SO Does:  Student, Air Force Reserve, volunteer firefighter. I think that's all right now. Smile
    State of Relationship: Dating
    How Long You've Been Together: Just about 8 years.
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Still up for debate. Smile Not engaged yet.
    When You Got Married (if you're married): NA
    Fur Babies: None. We really want a dog! But the condo I live in doesn't allow dogs...
    Favorite Color: Pink!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He balances me out. He knows how to calm me down and destress me. He cooks me yummy dinners.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He likes to leave all his clothes lying around. He also does not like to plan. And I am a major planner.
    Hobbies/Activities: Scrapbooking, reading, puzzles, playing volleyball.
    Describe Your Personality: I'm a major introvert. I'd rather stick with my little circle of friends than make new friends. I love to talk, but I'm also a good listener. My friends come to me for advice quite a bit.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'd say probably like 5. I don't really know. I don't comment on here much and when I do it's nothing snarky.
     I bought a condo in September and I was super excited to paint and decorate and everything like the other homeowners on here. Yet I learned in that time that I'm a horrible painter. Horrible. I will hire people from now on.
    Also, BF is 4 days older than me. I like being able to celebrate both of our birthdays together. He teases me for the whole 4 days about being soooo immature. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: violet_grewe
    Significant Other's Age:26
    What You Do: PH.D student, researcher
    What SO Does: Carpenter
    State of Relationship:  just bought a house together
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 years in Oct
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): We are planning Oct 2011
    Fur Babies: Levi, mini dachshund, love him like crazy!
    Favorite Color: Blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is quite literally the nicest person I have ever met!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Smoker- boo!
    Hobbies/Activities: Shopping, out with friends, gym
    Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, chatty
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): humm 6
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: We are not engaged yet but have talked about it alot, cant wait!!!
  • edited December 2011

Screen Name: SassyBrass
    Significant Other's Age: 25, 26 next month
    What You Do: Restaurant Team Lead, getting my feet wet in destination and travel event planning
    What SO Does: Nursing student, Army combat medic.
    State of Relationship: Engaged, living together for about a year in a half.
    How Long You've Been Together: A little over 3 years. Met in middle school though.
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): August 16th, 2010. Dang, that's soon.
    When You Got Married (if you're married): Not quite there just yet.
    Fur Babies: None currently. My old pets live at my parents' house, we lost our dog last month and our cat is 14.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How we always have a great time with one another doing anything. Oh, and he always cooks since he's better at it.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When he's all mopey about class, because it's not easy to get him out of that state.
    Hobbies/Activities: I really enjoy swimming and wrapping presents. Other than that I work .
    Describe Your Personality: Optimistic, cheerful, humorous for the most part.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): pretty low, like a 2, sometimes as high as a 5 at work... some customers...
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have been injured on National TV. When my friend and I went to Price is Right, this guy ran down the aisle and she reached behind me to give him a high five. I was on the aisle seat. When he slapped her hand, she ended up hitting me over the head, and you see it.
    Like a trooper I just got back up and started clapping.
    Night swimming in the ocean= pretty sweet reception!
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: mals8706

Significant Other's Age: 26

What You Do: Full Time Student/Soon to be Teacher

What SO Does: IT Storage Administration

State of Relationship: Living Together (and hopefully, engaged soon!)

How Long You've Been Together: 2 Years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): We aren't engaged yet, but Spring 2012

Fur Babies: A goldfish named Puppy :)

Favorite Color: Pink!

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His patience, kind heart, and generosity.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His stinky socks.

Hobbies/Activities: Baking, Crafting, Reading, Swimming, Riding my Bike

Describe Your Personality: Quirky, silly, perfectionist
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5-ish. . . I generally mind my own business

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: SO and I met on Match.com but quickly realized we had about 10 friends in common. How we had never met BEFORE our fateful internet meeting is beyond us both.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: AngieD&JoeD (our middle names both start with D)
    Significant Other's Age: 41
    What You Do: currently unemployed (usually do admin assistant type things); once we're married, we're hoping that I'll be able to be a stay-at-home mom and hoping to start my own home-based business (handmade cards/announcements/invitations)
    What SO Does: security guard
    State of Relationship: engaged (on my birthday 7/25/10)
    How Long You've Been Together: almost 10 months (known each other almost 1 year)
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): we're talking about March 2011
    Fur Babies: my 9 year old shelter dog, Maxy (she's my baby), a tank full of fish (including a Chinese Algae eater that thinks its in a show at Sea World) and BF has 2 cats, Prince & Princess (isn't he original)
    Favorite Color: blue (any blue, but Navy blue is my absolute favorite)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his smile is what first attracted me to him; I love his heart of gold and how he doesn't know a stranger; he loves to take care of me (sounds a little old-fashioned, but it's really very sweet and perfect for us) and he loves the "simple" comfort food meals the best - no gourmet meals for him (which means no gourmet cooking for me - I love to cook, just not big on the fancy shmancy stuff)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can be so "male" sometimes - doesn't like to ask for help
    Hobbies/Activities: card-making, watching NASCAR, volunteering, Sunday School teacher
    Describe Your Personality: I'm usually pretty shy (esp around people I don't know very well or if I'm in a large group - definitely the wall flower); I'm very caring and appreciate the simple things in life but I can get an "attitude" on occasion
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a HUGE Goofy fan (yes, Disney's Goofy) - I have probably close to 1000 Goofy things (anywhere from stickers, buttons and keychains to figurines and a phone, a clock and even my license plate)...and BF loves this about me and the fact that it's all in my bedroom and he has no intention of ever wanting me to change that - he says the room is fun and happy

*EDIT -changed status
  • Ashes90Ashes90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:
    Ashes90
    Significant Other's Age:
    What You Do:
    I am currently a CNA working on the gen ed's to get into the Nursing Program at my college and ultimately get my Master's in Pediatrics.
    What SO Does:
    He's a sales rep at a trade-in store but his ultimate goal to receive his PhD in Planetary Science.
    State of Relationship:
    Dating, moving in together in December/January.
    How Long You've Been Together:
    (This is going to sound really bad) but just over a week. He and I have known each other/been friends for a quite some time, though.
    Not engaged, yet, but I've always wanted a fall wedding. So 7 September 2013.
    N/A
    Fur Babies:
    He has a black tabby named Peewee; unfortunately I do not have any pets.
    Favorite Color:
    Mine: Green and Black; His: Orange and Black
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He's everything I ever wanted and needed in a man.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He's already going bald. But that's not a huge deal, haha.
    Hobbies/Activities:
    I love to read/write, listen to music, go window shopping (though it gets boring a lot of the time), hang out with my boyfriend and my friends, and go exploring.
    Describe Your Personality:
    I'm probably one of the most sarcastic people you will ever meet. I'm such a smart-ass, haha. I'm a nerdette and damn proud of it and can not wait to have my Harry Potter cake at my reception!
    I'd have to say an eight... but not in a bad way. It's actually how I get people to laugh.
    I'm just awesome. I know I sound conceited... but I'm just awesome. =]
  • HolyOne87HolyOne87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: HolyOne87

What You Do: Currently a graduate student working towards a Masters in Social Work (2 more semesters left!)

What SO Does: Works in a public school

State of Relationship: Dating

How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): N/A

When You Got Married (if you're married): N/A

Fur Babies: None

Favorite Color: Black

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His caring and loving nature

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: How he does not think things through sometimes

Hobbies/Activities: I love helping at my local parish, reading, writing, and listening to music.

Describe Your Personality: I am very quiet and reserved. When something is presented to me, I think of all the possible outcomes before making a decision. I love animals and I am into my religion and faith.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was not, at first, interested in my current boyfriend. When I met him, he was actually thinking of going into the seminary to become a priest. Eventually, he ended up deciding that he wanted to date me and not go into the seminary.

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: sherrbearr22
    Significant Other's Age:
    What You Do:
    Asset Specialist
    What SO Does: At Risk Youth Counselor
    State of Relationship: engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 10 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): May 28, 2010
    Fur Babies:
    no babies of any sort
    Favorite Color: pink and green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's hilarious and I can be my crazy self around him :)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: when he snores!!
    Hobbies/Activities: I've been hip hop dancer for 11 years.  I love shopping, reading, watching movies, playing with my nieces and nephews, cooking and EATING, working out and I'm currently training for a relay with 11 other lovely ladies!
    Describe Your Personality: I'm a morning person and I'm happy/bubbly/perky all the time!  (well let's call it 98% of the time). I laugh at pretty much everything.  I don't take things too seriously, I'm always cracking jokes and finding humor in every situation.  I'm wickedly sarcastic (one of the many things I love about you ladies her on TK!) I love my family and FI and would do anything for them!  I'm having a great time planning our wedding and getting advise from you all on the board...as well as being thoroughly entertained by some of the posts :)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2/3
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My fiance and I met in college and I thought he was insanely attractive so I spent the next day trying to find him on myspace (ya know, when myspace was cool) but both of us were in a relationship at the time so after that semester ended I never talked to him again.  Well low and behold, a year and a half later a mutual HTML Messageacquaintance of ours randomly brought up the fact that she'd seen him, we became FB friends, he asked me out a week later and we've been inseparable ever since!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Screen Name:
    jgcohn
    Significant Other's Age: 22...23 next month =)
    What You Do: I'm a kindergarten teacher
    What SO Does: He is a marketing sales analyst
    State of Relationship: Dating--living together
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years, 8 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): n/a
    When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a
    Fur Babies: I have a beautiful kitty named Piper
    Favorite Color: A paler version of lime green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His sense of humor and easy-going personality
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't want us to get another fur-baby yet =(
    Hobbies/Activities: I love being crafty, puzzles, reading, going to the gym, being outside, recently I have been enjoying planting flowers, eating, trying to get into cooking...
    Describe Your Personality: Effervescent (I love words...). I am usually optimistic and love being around people.  I adore kids and helping them learn and grow.  I enjoy being around interesting people.  I love learning new things.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Maybe a 3
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am fascinated by cultures so I studied abroad in Morocco and learned a little bit of Arabic while living with a family in Fez.  I can also walk on my hands =)
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name:Magnoliagirl88

Significant Other's Age:24 going on 25

What SO Does:Works for Wal Mart in the Tire and Lube department

State of Relationship: Living together but not engaged

How Long You've Been Together: 3 years (will be 4 on October 1st this year)

Fur Babies:Two cats Molly and Leo

Favorite Color:Crimson

Favorite Thing About Your SO:He is so sweet and caring and supports anything I do.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:He can take too much time

Hobbies/Activities:Reading, Working out, swimming

Describe Your Personality:I am fun and easy going unless someone insults me or my family. I can be picky. I was an only child till I was 15 when my little sis was born and I love her to death. I do consider myself spoiled to an extent but I try not to let it effect the way I act. I love football (Alabama Crimson tide!).I am on here just trying to plan as much as I can and get ideas.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):5
  • shihtzulover1shihtzulover1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: shihtzulover1

Significant Other's Age: 26

What You Do: I got my bachelor's degree in health information management, and then got my first job in the field - decided I didn't really like it, and left the job after seven months.  Now I am currently unemployed and not even sure if I want to pursue something else in this field, or if I would rather go back to school for something else.

What SO Does: He's a software engineer.

State of Relationship: We will be engaged within the next month or two.  He already has the ring, but wants to wait until after his cousin's wedding, which is a couple of weeks away.

How Long You've Been Together: A little over a year

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): We are not engaged yet, but we plan to get married sometime around next summer (but maybe spring or fall).

When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a

Fur Babies:I have a shih tzu, and he is pretty much my baby (hence my screen name), and he has three dogs and a cat (all rescued).

Favorite Color: Pastels

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the most thoughtful, caring man that I have ever met, and he is a great listener.  I honestly never knew how wonderful a man (and relationship!) could be until I met him.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When I want something, I want it done right away - he is more laid back about it, and this drives me crazy sometimes!

Hobbies/Activities: I love summertime and swimming, so I am in my glory right now.  I also love spending time with my SO (of course) and cuddling with my dog.  Shopping is also one of my favorite hobbies (LOL).

Describe Your Personality: I tend to be shy when I first meet someone new, and then you can never get me to shut up. :)  I am a bit of a perfectionist with some things, but I am impulsive with others - it just depends on the situaiton.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'm not sure.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am very petite and have trouble finding some clothing items that fit me properly, like pants and dresses - this worries me, because I'm not sure how difficult it will be to find my perfect wedding dress.
    "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different" - Coco Chanel
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Megan

What You Do: Marketing Assistant

What SO Does: IT Professional

State of Relationship: We have been talking about marriage for like a year and a half! I told him I needed to wait till after I graduated college (two months ago...) :)

How Long You've Been Together: 2 and a half years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): N/A

When You Got Married (if you're married): N/A

Fur Babies: Our little devil, Milo

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is extremely nerdy, hilarious, and I have never seen him get angry... he is the most level-headed, intelligent person I have ever met

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: HONESTLY can't come up with anything... I was looking for perfect (for me), and I was lucky enough to find it

Hobbies/Activities: Trying to stay outside as much as possible, but really I love just hanging out with movies, video games, and my computer.

Describe Your Personality: Easy going

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3

I'm a bit of a tom-boy... I've always loved video games, horror movies, and going to hardcore shows/concerts... but at the same time I love getting dressed up and going shopping :)
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: BreanneZ (Bre)

Significant Other's Age:  34

What You Do:  Human Resources Manager for an engineering firm

What SO Does:  Instructor and Personal Trainer

State of Relationship:  Just signed the contract for our venue next June (does that mean we are engaged?  LOL)

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years next month, just bought a house in December (signed the purchase agreement before ever living together.)

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): June 26, 2011

When You Got Married (if you're married):  N/A

Fur Babies: None yet

Favorite Color: anything PINK

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  His sense of humor and the way he takes care of me

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  Let's just say we have different living styles.  I am very neat and tidy and organized, he is the complete opposite.  One of our biggest challenges

Hobbies/Activities:  Traveling, reading, fitness, spending time with friends and family

Describe Your Personality:  Fun, outgoing, loyal, a little OCD, cautiously optimistic

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): probably in the 6-8 range with people I know.  I try to keep it low with anything in writing so it's not taken out of context.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  If I am ever able to be a stay at home mom, I would love to run my own mommy boot camp.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • sxcTsxcT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: sxcT

What You Do: Purchasing Agent for an aircraft parts company

What SO Does: Account Executive for Time Warner Cable Media

State of Relationship: head over heels in love with each other - soon to be engaged (he took me to Robbins Bros to pick out my ring after we came back from Jamaica where we celebrated 1 yr together)

How Long You've Been Together: 1 yr 2 months

Fur Babies: Ferret named Booboos

Favorite Color: Turquoise/Aqua

Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is a comedian all the time...always making me laugh no matter what the situation is

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he likes to mess with me when I am sleeping...talk to me, kiss me, play with me - I do NOT like being messed with when I am tired lol!!

Hobbies/Activities: soccer, weight training, VACATIONING!!!

Describe Your Personality: I'm a gemini so I flucuate =) 
    Out-going, humorous, loud, aggressive and brutally honest at times

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I take it that means bitchiness....well it depends on my mood...it can range from a 4-9 probably

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I competed in a fitness competition

YAY MY FIRST POST!!!  Tongue out
    (I've been lurking for months)

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." ~Dr. Seuss

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    AVENTURA SPA/COVE PALACE RESORT ~ RIVIERA MAYA ~ 11/18/11
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Teacup
    Significant  Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: Sales
    What SO Does: Field Management
    State of Relationship: Engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Sept 4 2011
    Fur Babies: English Mastiff 19 months best dog EVER
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Everything
    Describe Your Personality:Bubbly, easy going
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):2
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:My fiance and I met because he hired me

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards