Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Super early evening thread

Hey everyone.

I spent about 3 hours at the mall today looking for new work clothes.  I came home with 4 new goblet glasses for beer.

Sometimes I wish one of my friends would submit my name for What not to Wear hahah

Re: Super early evening thread

• Options
    Hey hockey! I had my friend submit me for WNTW but didn't ever get picked. 

It's hot, and there have been some earthquakes today and last night. Exciting times over here.

• Options
    Ditto! I wouldn't want the embarrassment, but the $5000 to shop, heck yes!

We did grown up things today.. got our car insurence combined, applied for passports and had a job interview today..

• Options
    eeks!  The idea of earthquakes scares me after the huge one in CA in the early 90s.
  • Options
    Hello. 

I had to take Cooper to the emergency vet last night. I was terrified. H and I fully expected he would not come home with us. Several hours and a fuckton of money later, the dog was sleeping on the sofa. He'll be fine, but he does have to have a follow up surgery to the one he had two weeks ago. Poor dog.
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I would love to be on WNTW for the $5000... but I'm not really a bad dresser, so I'd never get picked. I could definitely be more stylish with a $5k shopping spree though!

I got my save the dates mailed today. I forgot to send one to my FILs, haha. I sent one to FI's nana, who lives in their house, but not one to them. Whoops.

ETA - Special, I'm sorry to hear about Cooper. I'm glad he's going to be okay, but it sucks he has to have more surgery :(
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Earthquakes don't really scare me. The one this morning woke me up though. I guess there is talk of 'the big one' happening soon, but I don't really believe all that talk. It's been said for years, and hasn't happened. I'm sure it will eventually, but I don't think anyone can predict it.
  • Options
    What happened to cooper? That sounds like a terrible night Cry

Fvck earthquakes. I have been on edge all day.
  • Options
    It's too late for a nap, right? I think I'm planning to go to bed super early. 
  • Options
    The sad part is, I am great at shopping for other people.  And I know what would look good on me, I just can never find it/anything that fits.

I have such an awkward shaped body, shoulders like a football player and then a big ole tummy.
  • Options
    Hello, I've never experienced an earthquake.  I feel like I freak out and be completely useless and play the movie Volcano in my head.

Special, what happened to Cooper?  Sorry if you've already mentioned it and I missed it.  I'm glad he's okay though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aw, special, what was wrong with the pup? I'm glad he's going to be fine!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:179f6083-3eb9-4916-a797-72b916aca42c">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's too late for a nap, right? I think I'm planning to go to bed super early. 
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I'm actually thinking about taking a nap, haha. I actually want to stay up late tonight to get some things done (I'm more productive at night) so I'm thinking it's a win/win.
  • Options
    Awww poor Cooper.  Sorry you, your H and Cooper have to go through this.  :(
  • Options
    Hola all.  I'm going to the movies in a bit to see DKR.  Not really looking that forward to it, but I promised I would go.  I just have this thing about watching people get tortured, and I heard DKR has quite a bit of that.  Blech.

I'm sorry about Cooper, Special :(

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Shan, was is strong where you were? It was such a weird quake! It felt like something crashed into the house. More of like a bump feeling than a shake feeling.
  • Options
    Shan, he scratched open a mole a few weeks ago. It got infected, so they had to remove it (and a slew of other moles). He had his stitches out last Thursday. The incision for the infected mole didn't close properly, so the vet put that glue stuff on it and said to take his cone off on Monday.

Monday, we took off the cone. Coop licked it once. The glue came off, and the incision opened up. We went back to the vet, where the whole thing was bandaged and he was scheduled for surgery to fix it on Tuesday.

Tuesday, the vet called in sick. The surgery is rescheduled for tomorrow. Last night, he started whimpering, barfing, and bleeding from his butt. (Sorry. It was gross and scary.) He wouldn't eat or drink, and he refused to be active. We took him to the doggie ER, and they said he did not have Parvo or anything life threatening. They took a bunch of x-rays and said he did not have a blockage or anything weird in his intestines. He was drugged up, sent home wth a bundle of meds, and had subcutaneous fluids. 

I've been watching him most of the day, feeding him a few tablespoons of chicken and rice every few hours. He looks pissed at the world.
  • Options
    OMG special, how scary! Poor baby :(
  • Options
    Thank you all for the support. It's just been kind of overwhelming. He's usually so healthy and rarely has any problems. Watching him suffer is just so completely taxing, and the financial strain is starting to worry me.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh my Gosh Special, that sounds terrifying! I really hope Coop starts feeling better soon. Poor baby.

Sarah, my work is in Fullerton so we are almost right at the epicenter. It was scary, and felt a lot longer here. We have already felt 3 today. I didn't feel the one last night though since I live so far away. I know 4.5 isn't big or anything, but I just hate any shaking at all. It's not normal!  
  • Options
    Aww, Special that sounds absolutely terrifying!  I hope he starts feeling better.  Poor doggie.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I'd pee my pants if the earth started shaking under me.
  • Options
    Good afternoon/evening.

I've been working on color coded recipe cards today and I have just been hungry the whole time.  I've had breakfast, lunch, and two snacks and I still can't wait to eat dinner.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:90a6db95-1872-4f29-8f59-5682a0b1504a">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bay, you mean TDKR?  I don't remember anyone getting tortured.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    Oh good.  My sister was the one who was going on and on about how graphic it was.  But she hated it, so she's probably just being biased.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Yeah, I didn't think TDKR was too graphic either, and I can't deal with that kind of stuff either, Bay.

Rach, what are you buying a dress for? I want to go clothes shopping really badly, but can't, so I'll live vicariously through you :)
  • Options
    Oh you were closer than me! I thought it was weird that the one this morning and the one last night were in almost the exact same spot. Usually they're more spread out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_super-early-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2926b7d3-436d-4caa-9150-9d34943a8818Post:ee8aeda4-de61-4a3a-aeff-ce523deec641">Re: Super early evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Super early evening thread : Yeah, I don't recall anything graphic but to be honest, I was so caught up in the action scenes and seeing Pittsburgh, so maybe I've just forgotten.  There might be one or two scenes. <strong>Brandi, why are you color coding recipe cards?
    </strong>Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

By ingredient so it's easier to meal plan.  There is a chicken, pork, beef, pasta, side, etc..  I'm going to alphabetize them so I'll just pick certain meats out when I plan so I don't end up with 4 chicken dishes.
  • Options
    Brandi that's an awesome idea. I should organize my recipes, but the idea of it overwhelms me!
  • Options
    Ok I am having a brain fart....tomorrow I am going to a farwell party for a coworker....should I get them a card, card and gift, or nothing...and if card and gift what should I get?
  • Options
    Brandi, you have just reminded me I have no freaking idea what to make for dinner tonight. I'm so very tempted to say fuckit, it's time for chicken nuggets.
  • Options
    I've had kind of a crappy day today. I can't wait to leave work in a little over an hour and head home.

Special, I'm glad to hear Coop is resting and will have his surgery. I know how scary that can be and it is the worst feeling. Hugs to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards