Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

• Options
    I've never been to 5 guys. Heard good things though. I really want a whataburger now but I already promised h Jambalaya.
  • Options
    Mica's post reminds me of the first time H cooked for me at his house.  He did fried chicken (not knowing yet I don't eat anything on a bone) and there was a typo in the recipe and it said to put 1 cup of salt in the breading, and he did.  I took one bite and I swear my hands started swelling immediately. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:e81bb466-c9e5-4065-be44-e4fbf9ad90bc">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whit...glad you are done! I could be wrong, but I thought you taught?  Are you going for your masters while you work?
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

Yep yep!<div>
    </div><div>I love 5 guys too. We go anytime we're near one. I also have a new favorite, Texas Roadhouse. Sadly we are at least two hours away from one :(</div>
  • Options
    eeeeeeks! I cup of salt!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:a5ac9266-1ee0-45e0-a3c4-c047ef5bf612">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mica's post reminds me of the first time H cooked for me at his house.  He did fried chicken (not knowing yet I don't eat anything on a bone) and there was a typo in the recipe and it said to put 1 cup of salt in the breading, and he did.  I took one bite and I swear my hands started swelling immediately. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Haha your poor H. Although I probably would have done the same, I literally know nothing about cooking.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Texas roadhouse has awesome ribs....and pretty good chili!

ok really I promise, I don't eat fast food all the time! :)
  • Options
    Turns out my mom is making meatloaf and baked potatoes so I'll wait on that. It's not my favorite, but it's worth it to not have to spend money for dinner. And then I'll go out and get a huge butterfinger blizzard, haha.
  • Options
    Angel - I gave him credit for trying.  Plus, he's terribly cute.  :)

All of this food talk is making me hungry now. 
  • Options
    My tongue just puckered thinking about all that salt.

Other than roasting pigs (done about once per year), H does not cook for me.  He cooked exactly one meal for me, and that was in January of 2009.  I believe it was the 25th.
  • Options
    I love Five Guys - but I found a place called Cheeseburger Bobby's that I actually like better. They have yummy chilli cheese fries. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:f643ef2a-e6c6-4084-af57-b237883c55d3">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]My tongue just puckered thinking about all that salt. Other than roasting pigs (done about once per year), H does not cook for me.  He cooked exactly one meal for me, and that was in January of 2009.  I believe it was the 25th.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's a good thing you like to cook Mica!

</div>
  • Options
    I am waiting for H to stop stomping around the kitchen so I can get some ice cream :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:f643ef2a-e6c6-4084-af57-b237883c55d3">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]My tongue just puckered thinking about all that salt. Other than roasting pigs (done about once per year), H does not cook for me.  He cooked exactly one meal for me, and that was in January of 2009.  I believe it was the 25th.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>That's kinda sad. It's def a good thing you like to cook! I like that FI can/will cook whatever is planned for the evening if I'm too tired to do it. </div>
  • Options
    It is a good thing.  Also, H can only make pork chops and roast pig and black beans.  That's it.  When he was living in Los Angeles, he called the nearby Taco Bell "his kitchen." 
  • Options
    FI doesn't have a problem cooking dinner but he's not adventurous. He's not going to do anything "fancy" either. But like a stereotypical man he does love to BBQ. The dinners he cooks are going to be very simple easy stuff while my dinners will probably be more involved.
  • Options
    I hope I'm rich enough someday to hire a full time chef, ha. Actually, if I was really rich, I'd hire a sushi chef because I could literally eat sushi everyday. Not that I should because of mercury poisoning and all that jazz, but yum.
  • Options
    H can actually cook pretty well.  He's fully in charge of the turkey at Thanksgiving which I'm thankful for (ha) because prepping those things makes me squirm. 

Anybody have any big Cinco de Mayo plans?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:59e72d74-19e2-4248-8342-c754068d2b33">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI doesn't have a problem cooking dinner but he's not adventurous. He's not going to do anything "fancy" either. But like a stereotypical man he does love to BBQ. The dinners he cooks are going to be very simple easy stuff while my dinners will probably be more involved.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

We're the opposite. I'll do things like baked chicken, instant mashed potatoes and frozen veggies you pop in the microwave. He's more adventurous and would be much more likely to try a complicated recipe. I get exhausted just looking at a complicated recipe.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:23671f3c-58d0-409b-ac4e-7fcf1a4978fb">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope I'm rich enough someday to hire a full time chef, ha. Actually, if I was really rich, I'd hire a sushi chef because I could literally eat sushi everyday. Not that I should because of mercury poisoning and all that jazz, but yum.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>I really want to learn how to make sushi. I don't actually like fish - but I love the non fish sushi. My favorite is the sweet potato roll. They fry the sweet potato so it's got a nice crunch and cover it in this delicious sweet sauce. I also love a good seaweed salad roll. </div>
  • Options
    My H cooks almost every night...unfortunately he just cooks meat...and perhaps some microwaveable rice.

I love the summer, because I love to grill...

grilling and breakfast food are the only thing i like to cook.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:6bf1d696-6169-4e04-b74c-996aac636f8f">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Texas roadhouse has awesome ribs</strong>....and pretty good chili! ok really I promise, I don't eat fast food all the time! :)
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

<div>Right?! And I live near Memphis, which is known for its BBQ and ribs, so I've eaten all kinds. But I seriously think that's my favorite.</div>
  • Options
    5 guys is delish.
    And I fail, I didn't realize this was already the night thread, I tried to start one too.

My monday went speeding by. I can only hope the rest of the week is like this. My bach party is this weekend and I'm getting really excited. :)
  • Options
    Whit: that is funny...H always says he wants to go south to try some real bbq....I think he might be disappointed by your statement :)
  • Options
    What are you all doing for your b party, chels?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:d30e5390-ac23-4dc8-8c21-efa5f7e21f4c">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Anybody have any big Cinco de Mayo plans?
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

<div>We're having a cookout to celebrate my pretend graduation! I didn't realize til later that it's also Cinco de Mayo so I'll probably add a nacho bar along with the burgers. Maybe margaritas as well :) </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:beb62ff6-f985-487c-9989-eeefbf354056">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]5 guys is delish. And I fail, I didn't realize this was already the night thread, I tried to start one too. My monday went speeding by. I can only hope the rest of the week is like this. <strong>My bach party is this weekend and I'm getting really excited. :)</strong>
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Do you know what you're doing for it?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:f8634eb8-206c-40ed-853c-2841a99dddc4">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are you all doing for your b party, chels?
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

We're starting at my place with some games/drinking/etc.  Then we're heading downtown, our town has a great stretch of road with some great bars.  Didn't even realize until a couple weeks ago that it'd be Cinqo de Mayo.  Should be a great night :)
  • Options
    Aryn, that sounds like fun!

I don't think we'll do much of anything... FI has a final that day and he's always really exhausted after finals since he usually stays up all night studying. Probably not the best system, but he says it works for him. A week from tomorow he'll be done with finals and then he graduates the 18th. I'm glad, I know he's really burnt out on law school now.
  • Options
    Chelsea  - do you know what ya'll are doing or is it a suprise?
  • Options
    Ali092011Ali092011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:26997469-d50d-4f36-9ed3-0a63fe2f9530">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays : We're the opposite. I'll do things like baked chicken, instant mashed potatoes and frozen veggies you pop in the microwave. He's more adventurous and would be much more likely to try a complicated recipe. I get exhausted just looking at a complicated recipe.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

That's so me. I don't really enjoy cooking, but I like reading recipes. Just reading the recipe is enough for me though. FI went to culinary school and works as a chef. Luckily, he's not one of those people who doesn't even want to look at food after work. He's making dinner right now--my favorite tuna tacos!

I really, really want DQ, and it is perilously close to our house. We haven't been since we moved here, but tonight might be the first trip.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards