Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

• Pretend graduation Aryn?

Have a great time Chels. 

I'll be spending the weekend getting the house ready for a Knottie from my month board that's coming to visit.  I'm so excited to see her again!  Will hopefully find some time to squeeze in some margaritas and chips & salsa with the BF Saturday night though.
  • Hey all. I'm in and out, since I'll be studying for finals & researching/writing for my internship for the rest of the night. I'm frustrated because I really can't find ANY law that is supportive of what my attorney wants, so my memo is basically telling her that she can't argue what she wants to argue. She told me a few more things to research before sending in the memo, but I still can't find anything to help her. I've researched for like 15 hours total on this issue and came up with nothing. I think I'm gonna quit and move on to the next issue she wants me to figure out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:03f51ac9-33e2-4251-9e15-db3b6c34918a">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea  - do you know what ya'll are doing or is it a suprise?
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

I know where lol. The girls refuse to tell me what kind of games we're playing or anything.  I do know ne though based on the invite.. everyone brings a piece of underwear and I have to guess who brought what, and I drink when I'm wrong. I don't stop till I get them all right haha
  • Chels: your puppy is so stinkin cute!
  • Have fun chels!!

Hockey, you should still come down to Memphis for bbq :) There's lots of good places.
  • H is a good cook but rarely has time to do so. He makes awesome hashbrowns. He's good at seafood but I rarely eat it. Gah I'm so hungry. But he still is mowing.
  • Also - I usually do the normal go to a Mexican restaurant for Cinquo de Mayo. But I'm on a diet. My day off is supposed to be this weekend, but my bridal shower is the 6th so I can't really justify taking two days off haha.
  • Evening.  I just finished my note cards for micro and I'm taking a break.  I can only read about STDs for so long.  I'm so ready for a good workout schedule again.  I've been such a pig these last few weeks and have had no time for exercise.  My pants are getting tight.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Girlie, I'm walking but will be finishing my degrees over the summer. Officially done in August. Pretty excited! Although really, I'll prob just start studying for the GRE so I can go to grad school. 
  • Hi there.

What are we talking about?

I found out today that I get no paid holidays. What the what? I have to use PTO if I want to take a holiday. I was shocked.
  • I'm crossing my fingers that things go as planned.  I'm supposed to be in Kentucky this weekend (the Derby!  Woot!), and with any luck, I'm going to meet up with the KY girls.
  • That's horrible, MK.
  • MK - That sounds sucky : (
  • Congratulations Aryn!
  • Shane is very helpful in cooking. He won't actively search out recipes and try them, but I'll email one to him if I have to work late and he'll do it.

No cinco plans here. I have an activity for the kids to do but that's about it.
  • Wow, that blows MK.  I work for the cheapest company ever and I still get holidays.

We're going to a Derby party for the 5th.  I'm still iffy on my hat.  Maybe I should just wear a sombrero with my dress.

• PokePoke it's Cinco de Mayo. Spanish doesn't even use the quo letter combination. At least not that I've ever seen. That's the weirdest way I've ever seen that word spelled.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:1c71c6d9-e410-4143-ac98-58ce1ff2607b">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels: your puppy is so stinkin cute!
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

I wish she was mine. She almost was! But she's FSIL's actually. Once this puppy has puppies, we get one of those :)  We just weren't ready for one yet, which sucked because we were offered one for a wedding present.  FSIL took it instead haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:05693b6d-3e0c-41b6-88eb-debdf43719f1">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, that blows MK.  I work for the cheapest company ever and I still get holidays. We're going to a Derby party for the 5th.  I'm still iffy on my hat. <strong> Maybe I should just wear a sombrero with my dress.</strong>
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Please do this. And take pictures. </div>
  • Heyo.  I just got back from my pedicure.  I wish I could have stayed in the chair another 15 minutes.

I should not have read this thread.  I'm now starving. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Eeesh, that sucks, MK. :( Even at my crappy college job w/ the bank, I got 24 hrs of PTO for a year. I don't get why companies wouldn't offer some PTO for a full time position. What a load of crap. Is there a way to accumulate them over time with the job or something?
  • Fezz. <3 Baby Kane is just cookin' right along!
  • I think in my fist 18 months I earn up to 14 days, then it goes to like 18, after two years, then 20 after five years. It's something like that. They tried arguing that it's a 24 hour a day 365 day a year operation. Yes it is, but this isn't my first trip at the rodeo. Every other hotel I've worked at has PTO AND Holiday pay. Hell my last place in Williamsburg had PTO, Holiday, AND Sick pay.
  • MuSu - Sorry you can't find any information on the issue, that's got to be frustrating. Law school and law jobs sound so stressful and time consuming to me, I don't think I could do it. I hope the next 2 weeks fly by for you!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow even my company offers a few paid holidays. That sucks. No Cinco plans for us. Just another day.
  • Are you ready for your shower Fezzy?  No smelling diapers right?

• MuSu I get PTO, I don't get holidays. Usually you don't have to use PTO to take a holiday. Everyone's off. That's why it's a holiday. If you worked the holiday you got double pay. So now to eliminate double pay, the whole company just stopped having holidays and if I want Christmas off I have to use one of my vacation days.
  • That's the one thing that really sucks about nannying... I get no vacation time. Not only do I not get any, but to take a day off, a parent generally has to use some of their vacation time and I feel bad making them do that, so I basically go to work unless I'm dying or I can give them a lot of notice to find back up coverage. Oh, and the no benefits part sucks too... especially right now since as of tomorrow, I have no health insurance.
  • LTB it's the craziest thing I ever heard, and no one gave me a good explanation as to why. My husband gets 15 vacation days a year and like 10 holidays. So if I want to spend any with him I have to use one of my 14 vacation days. That I still have to earn. I don't get them off the bat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:b8f9c1ee-587d-47c5-961a-8d844aa57e78">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you ready for your shower Fezzy?  <strong>No smelling diapers right?</strong>
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Do people actually do this? I assume there isn't actual poop in the diapers.... right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards