Not Engaged Yet

Introduction Post (just a little late!)

wiggsajwiggsaj member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
edited March 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Hello beautifuls! 
So I've been here for a year doing other things like constructing my website and taking care of other wedding tasks, but I've somewhat recently began making posts and I kind of love this little forum! I copied and pasted this activity, although it really tells nothing of my story or who I am. I'm sure we will get to know each other soon enough. 

Screen Name: wiggsaj

Significant Other's Age
: 17

What You Do: Receptionist

What SO Does: food Industry

State of Relationship: Engaged

How Long You've Been Together: 3 years

How You Met: An overnight church event

Wedding Date
 (if you're engaged/married): 7/27/14

Real Babies: None

Fur Babies: None yet :(

Loves: Jesus. & music. 

Hates: Not a whole lot.

Pet Peeves: When people don't appreciate things I do for them.

Hobbies/Activities: piano, guitar, and singing.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the most wonderful Man of God. 

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His infrequent lack of ability to stop the car when the light is RED. 

Describe Your Personality: I consider myself to be patient, outgoing, and very kind :)

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 300. or like 4.

I've Been On TK Since: March.... of 2013.. sailed ship over here.

How You Came to Be On TK: I came to TK when I became engaged :)

How I like my potatoes: Because that's relevant. 

Favorite book/author: N/A

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a 17 year old making a 28 year old's life decision :) interesting enough, right?

Re: Introduction Post (just a little late!)

• Oh - and why is your favorite book/author N/A? Also relevant. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • wiggsaj said:
    Hello beautifuls! 
    So I've been here for a year doing other things like constructing my website and taking care of other wedding tasks, but I've somewhat recently began making posts and I kind of love this little forum! I copied and pasted this activity, although it really tells nothing of my story or who I am. I'm sure we will get to know each other soon enough. 

Screen Name: wiggsaj

Significant Other's Age
    : 17

What You Do: Receptionist

What SO Does: food Industry

State of Relationship: Engaged

How Long You've Been Together: 3 years

How You Met: An overnight church event

Wedding Date
     (if you're engaged/married): 7/27/14

Real Babies: None

Fur Babies: None yet :(

Loves: Jesus. & music. 

Hates: Not a whole lot.

Pet Peeves: When people don't appreciate things I do for them.

Hobbies/Activities: piano, guitar, and singing.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the most wonderful Man of God. 

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His infrequent lack of ability to stop the car when the light is RED. 

Describe Your Personality: I consider myself to be patient, outgoing, and very kind :)

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 300. or like 4.

I've Been On TK Since: March.... of 2013.. sailed ship over here.

How You Came to Be On TK: I came to TK when I became engaged :)

How I like my potatoes: Because that's relevant. 

Favorite book/author: N/A

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a 17 year old making a 28 year old's life decision :) interesting enough, right?
    Quoting because I have a feeling this will be a DD.

OP, holy shit you're 17. At 17 I was having fun and NOT planning a wedding. I can't even. Why do you want to get married at 17? Are you pregnant or just eager? Are you "saving yourself"? Is it a religious-based thing (I"m thinking it is...).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Nope. Nope nope nope.

I wish I was on the computer so I could gif the shit out of this.

*******************************************************************************************

• @buddysmom80 ARCHIVE! ARCHIVE! ARCHIVEEE! 
  • It's wonderful that you've found someone that you care so much about. But, I'm wondering, what will you do after you get married? Where will you live? Will you go to college? Have you figured out how you'll manage your finances?

These are important things to consider before any marriage, and I'm just wondering how you envision your life unfolding...
  • Can you independently pay for your life? Are you done with high school? Why rush now? If it's right, won't it be right later?
  • No. Just no. Jesus. No.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• FoxandBunnyFoxandBunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    First off, welcome. I'm glad you decided to join our community here. I'm going to preface this with we are really blunt and honest and we mean everything with the best of intentions and our comments are not insults.

Next, oh gosh. I'm young and have been with my SO since I was 16 and we thought about marriage then (not very seriously though, just decided we were dating with the intention of marriage), but I can't say I support your decision. There is no reason to rush this. None. If you are meant to be together, you'll stay together while you make big life decisions, such as going through college, becoming financially stable and able to support yourselves, ect. 

And let me just say, you will change so much in the next few years that you will look back and not even recognize yourself. I do it now. I look back to when I was 16 (I am currently 20) and I have no idea what I was thinking or why I made the decisions I made. And you will hate me for saying this, but it's scientifically proven, but you aren't totally mature yet (you don't finish maturing until you hit about 25) and I would really suggest postponing the decision of marriage until you are a little bit older. If you are compatible, you'll stay together even if you aren't married.

I shall step off my little soap box now, as you will probably ignore it anyway. 

ETA: I'm hurt you don't think potatoes aren't relevant. They are always relevant. 

• It's best if you come back to reply to your posts FYI. Also, how can you be a receptionist if you're still in high school? Or are you not in school? I'm just confused. Religious or not, my parents would have killed me if I was engaged at 16.

Also my boyfriend from then...yea, we were not meant to be.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I was reading this out loud to FI, and he wants to know, if you don't love literature, why isn't your favorite book The Bible? 

• F.r.i.e.n.d.s gif tumblr 6 by Dreamscometrue711

*******************************************************************************************

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Ugh...this is just unreal.

Also...I'm sure this has a lot to do with tomorrow being April Fools....so just no.

• Don't you need parents to sign off so you can get married before 18? Why would you want to have to do that???

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Kait duh because she wants to have 15 kids before I even get married. This is why when I'm like 60 and my kids are finally graduating from high school, some of their friends' parents will be like 35.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Actually, @Kait, most state laws require consenting adults to be 17 years of age. In Texas, you can get married between 14 and 16 with parental consent. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @audrewuh, didn't know that. I think CT/MA is 18. Wow. Even then 17 is cutting it close.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • audrewuh said:
    Actually, @Kait, most state laws require consenting adults to be 17 years of age. In Texas, you can get married between 14 and 16 with parental consent. 
    This is only one of the many reasons Texas terrifies me...Though I have little room to talk, in OH guys need to be 18, but girls only have to be 16. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards