Not Engaged Yet

Let's Shop for Cake Toppers

2»

Re: Let's Shop for Cake Toppers

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We requested a custom topper on Etsy that's going to be two parakeets being all adorbz but the seller seems flaky and we're like ... 90% sure she's going to forget about it, and 9% sure that if she doesn't, it'll be made incorrectly. So we'll default to rolled chocolate flowers on top.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • We are doing flowers on top or side or something...FI doesn't want a cake topper and I really don't care and would prefer fresh flowers...probably ivory hydrangeas and plum dahlies and some green.
  • THERE ARE SO MANY CHOICES!!!!

Thanks everyone for the input too, I appreciate it. I'm going to show FI some options and see what he says.

On a side-note, I also feel like I have nothing done for the wedding and it's like 6 months away on Thursday.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I know I'm totally late to the party on this. H and I used 2 burlap birdies as our cake topper. I love them because they are actually something I've used in our home now...they're sitting next to a framed wedding photo on our mantle. I found our little guys as a set on the Save On Crafts website (clicky).

I also love the idea of using a last name initial as a cake topper (assuming you're taking your FI's last name). Personally I would purchase one that could be used in the home later (not one with prongs in the bottom). We had a big "G" on our program table and I have it on my baker's rack in the kitchen now. There are always some fun ones at Hobby Lobby if you have that store in your area.

• We were going to order something on ETSY but the ones I wanted were SO expensive.  So I did a little research online and found a pattern for the birds that I wanted.  We made them from left over burlap and lace (clearly our theme).  They are in the lower left hand corner of the picture on the cake plate.  They took about 2 hours to make. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My cousin got a personalized one from Etsy of her, her H, and their dog. It was super cute and it's one of her favorite keepsakes from that day. I think it's sitting on a shelf in their living room.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @buddysmom80‌ Our florist is exclusive to our venue and our baker works primarily with our venue too so they are familiar with each other. She told us just to tell the florist we wanted flowers added to the cake and that she would help coordinate with the florist on delivery.

• @buddysmom80 Honestly, because of my sickness last year, we didn't have anything done except for booking the venue and DJ until seven months out.  Most of the wedding preparations were done in Nov-Dec for an April wedding (so about 5-6 months).  You can do this! :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • The love bunnies ring holder/ caketopper  from urban outfitters was on sale for $8. Free shipping. I just bought them! $8 was too good of a deal to pass up for something so adorable with potential multiple uses. 
  • http://www.modcloth.com/shop/jewelry-storage/hare-and-now-ring-holder

AHH! just found (very) similar bunnies on Modcloth. I'm going BSC. I think I want to buy this too, and then decide which one I like better. Is that insane? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards