Chit Chat

There are people missing.

Re: There are people missing.

• ladyamanuetladyamanuet member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited June 2014
    beethery said:
    So, how about that bean dip?

I like a little cheese on mine, and those scoop tortilla chips.
    Seven Layer for me

ETA: And HELL YA to scoop chips for dip
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • Inkdancer said:
    beethery said:

One of my local grocery stores makes a layered bean dip with beans, sour cream, guac, tomatoes, cheese, and olives. I can eat an entire package in one sitting. And then I am filled with regret and tummyaches.
    Oh my that sounds freakin' AMAZING.
    Anniversary

• Rebl90Rebl90 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Now  I want bean dip!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just want guacamole. All the guacamole. 
  • Sometimes my dinner is home-made guacamole, black "bean-dip" and tortilla chips. Best thing on the planet!
    I recently moved out to California from the east coast, and had such a sticker shock at how much cheaper they are out here...so of course I've stared incorporating them into every meal.  Salad?  Avocados.  Eggs?  Avocados.  Chicken?  Totally needs some fresh guac on top, I'll run down to the corner market and grab some avocados.  Om nom nom.
    Anniversary

• One of the best things about California. Also, if you're a kid, avocado trees are great to climb, and mushy avocados are excellent bombs to throw at your enemies. A multipurpose fruit.
    My grandma calls them alligator pears, which I think is hilarious.
  • I mash avocadoes and put them on sandwiches. I also enjoy HUMMUS!!!! I can't find it anymore so I'm going to have to mix up my own, but I used to get horseradish hummus and use it on roast beef sandwiches. MMMM!!!!!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I regularly come home from work and eat an entire heart (?) of celery and half a tub of roasted red pepper hummus. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • beethery said:
    I want to know if LAM's MIL was ever located. She was actually missing...
    I think she chimed in the other day and said they have not found her yet. I feel horrible for her.

I've also been thinking of her.  I hope they get some resolution soon.  How awful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Who knows?  My bi-polar uncle was missing for 18 months.  They found him in Alaska, living with his 18-year-old girlfriend.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Also hoping that Pumpkins has simply moved on, both from the incident and this site, and that HGF is just busy and maybe backing away a little. I missed the LAM thing but that sounds awful and I hope for the best for her.
  • KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Those who are concerned where HGF has been, she said she's been very busy with work lately.  

I LOVE avocados.  I don't eat meat, and avocados make foods heartier and more filling for me.  I love to make wraps of avocado, tomatoes, and mayo in a wrap of iceberg lettuce.  I first tried a lettuce wrap at Which Wich and now I love making them.

Also, roasted red pepper hummus is the tits.  Do not leave me with a tub of that and a bag of Stacy's pita chips unless you want an empty hummus container.

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014

I have been wondering about LAM. I haven't heard any updates recently so she is still in my thoughts and prayers.

• I can't speak for anyone else that mentioned "old-regs" on this thread, but FWIW I was not talking about ANYONE who has popped up on this thread.

@AddieCake, @muppetoverlord, @offensivekitten2, @misshart00 (sorry if I missed someone) -  I've never had a problem with any if you, and I don't have a problem if you don't like anyone on these boards.  That was not my point.  People disagree all the time - that's life.  You are ABSOLUTELY allowed to disagree with whoever you disagree with.  I was talking about the ones on the thread who were trying to convince people they shouldn't like HGF simply because they don't.  I didn't see that from any of you. As I said, you can not like her and disagree with her all you want. No one cares if you don't agree or like her - well, I don't at least. 

Disagreement is one of the spices of life.  How boring would these boards be if we all agreed and blew sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns up each other's asses all day?
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • beethery said:

Oh, I LOVE the scoop tortilla chips. I bought some non-scoopy ones the other day. Not the same.
  • TL;DR - Man, you are WAY too invested in this. Seems exhausting.
  • RajahBMFD said:
    I can't speak for anyone else that mentioned "old-regs" on this thread, but FWIW I was not talking about ANYONE who has popped up on this thread.

@AddieCake, @muppetoverlord, @offensivekitten2, @misshart00 (sorry if I missed someone) -  I've never had a problem with any if you, and I don't have a problem if you don't like anyone on these boards.  That was not my point.  People disagree all the time - that's life.  You are ABSOLUTELY allowed to disagree with whoever you disagree with.  I was talking about the ones on the thread who were trying to convince people they shouldn't like HGF simply because they don't.  I didn't see that from any of you. As I said, you can not like her and disagree with her all you want. No one cares if you don't agree or like her - well, I don't at least. 

Disagreement is one of the spices of life.  How boring would these boards be if we all agreed and blew sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns up each other's asses all day?
    So, who were you talking about then? Whenever a newbie makes a generic post complaining about posters, we tell them to just call them out instead of being vague and overgeneralizing. Your first few posts in this thread did the exact same thing- overgeneralized to the point where multiple posters thought it may have been them you were talking about. So just call out the actual posters that rubbed you the wrong way so this can be a real conversation. ETA: I hate knotting on mobile. Damn autocorrect.
    I've stayed quiet on this issue but...by asking to call someone out will just stir up drama that is irrelevant because many of us (as Lady said) don't know the details of what happened.

• rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2014
    emmaaa said:

RajahBMFD said:

I can't speak for anyone else that mentioned "old-regs" on this thread, but FWIW I was not talking about ANYONE who has popped up on this thread.

So, who were you talking about then?

Whenever a newbie makes a generic post complaining about posters, we tell them to just call them out instead of being vague and overgeneralizing. Your first few posts in this thread did the exact same thing- overgeneralized to the point where multiple posters thought it may have been them you were talking about. So just call out the actual posters that rubbed you the wrong way so this can be a real conversation.

ETA: I hate knotting on mobile. Damn autocorrect.

I've stayed quiet on this issue but...by asking to call someone out will just stir up drama that is irrelevant because many of us (as Lady said) don't know the details of what happened.

But this is not about what happened last year. This is about her vaguely complaining about how specific posters posted in that thread. If her complaint is sufficiently vague that multiple posters felt it was directed at them, she just needs to come out and say exactly who bugged her. Otherwise it's just a cycle of "this is what I said and why" and "sorry, I wasn't talking about you".

Plus it we don't expect regs to call out posters for posting methods they don't like, how can we fairly expect newbies to do it?

ETA: fucking quote boxes fucking suck on mobile.

Anniversary
  • edited June 2014
    emmaaa said:

RajahBMFD said:

So, who were you talking about then?

Whenever a newbie makes a generic post complaining about posters, we tell them to just call them out instead of being vague and overgeneralizing. Your first few posts in this thread did the exact same thing- overgeneralized to the point where multiple posters thought it may have been them you were talking about. So just call out the actual posters that rubbed you the wrong way so this can be a real conversation.

ETA: I hate knotting on mobile. Damn autocorrect.

****quote***

All of the background is stuff she's publically said, so I'll share.

Details: HGF used to be in a large off board FB group called The Treehouse (yes the namesake of the PB group). When some of the old regs were banned, shit turned into a firestorm because half of the Treehouse (or more) didn't agree with the banning. HGF posted that she was one of the people who asked for the banning via KJ. Things were said, she quit, the end.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I can't speak for anyone else that mentioned "old-regs" on this thread, but FWIW I was not talking about ANYONE who has popped up on this thread.

I'm not really sure what you were expecting. You wrote several super long generalized posts ranting about a group of people and their feelings on a topic and declared that we should be over it unless we were raped or murdered, while admitting you know nothing about it. Then, you declared the discussion closed and there was bean dip.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • I think calling out posters after the fact is pointless. If we have a problem with what/how someone is posting, then we should say something directly to them, by tagging them, at that moment or just ignore it. If you choose to ignore it, it shouldn't be brought up later.

So in a sense, I agree partially with y'all saying she needs to say something directly. But in my eyes, that ship sailed on the 28th. By asking her to call people out now, is just asking for drama. 

• and incredibly interesting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards