Wedding 911
Options

Bridesmaid with Hot Pink Hair

Re: Bridesmaid with Hot Pink Hair

• Options
    I'm fascinated by that weird little dog gif. That one right up there.That just cracks me up.
  • Options
    mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    I'm fascinated by that weird little dog gif. That one right up there.That just cracks me up.
    It just cracks me up for some reason.  I read a story on the dog, which has no front legs, so it walks upright.  And then someone added arms, and it was magic.

ETA: I think it's the jazz hands at the end that makes it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    I just want to say that I think I could rock a sea urchin headband.
    Right?  Ms. Foster clearly does not keep up with wedding trends.  If it's on Pinterest and Etsy, you know it's right.
  • Options
    "As for whoever compared her to getting pregnant, having limbs removed, or getting cancer.... you're ridiculous..."

No, it isn't ridiculous. It's a more heinous degree of exactly the same principle. That principle being, in it's simplest form "the way you look isn't good enough for me, and I have the right to ask you to look the way I want you to look."

And here's a big mind fucker for you, young lady. Get ready.

IT'S NOT YOUR DAY.
    Think about it. I have seen a lot of terrible behavior in my time, and when brides behave like terrible people, they usually offer the self centered excuse, but, it's myyyyy daaay.

It's not your day.
    There are roughly 7 billion other people in the world. The day belongs to all of them.

It may be the day that you (and many thousands of others) get married, but it doesn't make it "your day."

It's not your day. There are no official decrees on the national calendar, the planets don't realign themselves to put you at the center of the solar system, no special mystical karmic pass is issued decreeing that you and your wants are superior to any other person in the universe, and there is no social standard of behavior that is suspended, allowing you to treat other people as lesser than yourself, or disregard the feelings of other people, because you happen to be getting married on that day. 

You do not own the day, or become dictator for the day, or have the right to proclaim yourself Queen of All Asshats for the day. You have no special magical wedding powers for the day. 

Maybe 5 or 6 hours of that day involve you getting married. But the day belongs to the rest of the seven billion, equally. You are still obligated to treat them with human respect and decency.

This does not include having the right to dictate the appearances of any of those seven billion. It is not okay to ask them to. 

I am sorry to divest you of your imaginary powers. But it is not your day. 
    Mama has spoken.
  • Options

"It's HER DAY."

nothing else matters.

• Options

Sigh, go find something better to do with your time and cry along to a Fall Out Boy album. I've stopped caring.

I think you meant to say Morrissey.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    loveislouderloveislouder member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I literally havemt taken a second look at this thread since I posted on the first page, but I just sat down and read the entire thing and holy shit.

One of my maids has purple hair and told me she'd wear shit brown and shoulder pads if I wanted her to, but begged me not to ask her to change her hair colour cause she loves it. What a shock? I love it too. She looks hot and that's all I want on my day. For my girls to feel like they're the sexiest people in the room because a) they are (I have some pretty sexy friends) and b) they've put up with my bullshit for years and they still love me so they deserve it.

If someone asked me to change my hair colour for their wedding day because they didn't like the do I was sporting, I'd come up with something hella worse just to spite them.

Preemptive ETA: I swear I have paragraphs.
  • Options
    Don't worry! If your bridesmaid knows you (and your style), she'll happily tone down the hair color for the wedding day. I actually worried about the same exact issue, until my first official meeting with all of my bridesmaids. I had the girls over for a nice dinner, and we sat down and talked about expectations for the wedding (dress styles, budget, colors, dates, etc.). The pink haired bridesmaid actually volunteered to tone down the color for the wedding! She even insisted on covering her tattoos. I never even had to mention it! She knew me (and my fiance), and respected that we were traditional. 

That being said, my suggestion is to have all of the girls together for a casual gathering. Get to talking about what type of wedding you envision, and if you need to, politely ask the bridesmaid in question if she would be comfortable with toning down her hair. I bet she won't be offended. She's your friend, she loves you, and she wants you to be happy! Best of luck!
  • Options
    Don't worry! If your bridesmaid knows you (and your style), she'll happily tone down the hair color for the wedding day. I actually worried about the same exact issue, until my first official meeting with all of my bridesmaids. I had the girls over for a nice dinner, and we sat down and talked about expectations for the wedding (dress styles, budget, colors, dates, etc.). The pink haired bridesmaid actually volunteered to tone down the color for the wedding! She even insisted on covering her tattoos. I never even had to mention it! She knew me (and my fiance), and respected that we were traditional. 

That being said, my suggestion is to have all of the girls together for a casual gathering. Get to talking about what type of wedding you envision, and if you need to, politely ask the bridesmaid in question if she would be comfortable with toning down her hair. I bet she won't be offended. She's your friend, she loves you, and she wants you to be happy! Best of luck!
    This has to be trolling, right? 
  • Options

Gag.
  • Options
    2Have&2Hold2015 you are a terrible person and a terrible speller.

I think this thread will outlive us all...

• Options

• Options

Does anyone remember Sherri Lewis and Lambchop?

This thread reminds me of The Song That Never Ends, It just goes on and on my friends, somebody started singing it, not knowing what it was, and now we keep on singing it forever just because, it is the song that never ends......

Nooooooooooo!

In all reality, this thread is really making me want to dye my hair...pink perhaps? (Just kidding. My company would fire me.)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Stay pressed.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @sarahwifenow - I didn't think anyone would know Lambchop!

• Options
    sarahwifenow - I didn't think anyone would know Lambchop!
    I don't know if I can ever forgive you for getting that song stuck in my head. It brought the duration of second grade back to me because I sang it for almost the entire school year.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

This thread reminds me of The Song That Never Ends, It just goes on and on my friends, somebody started singing it, not knowing what it was, and now we keep on singing it forever just because, it is the song that never ends......

• Options

Hahahahahahahahahahhaa! This is funny. You're funny. 

• Options

I LOVED that show.

Lambchop's Play-Along, where kids come to play along and fun things are ALL WE EVER DOOOOO...

• Options
    Sorry about the brain worm. I've been singing it since 12:23. I hate myself.

• Options

Thanks a lot, Maire.  Not only do I now have Lambchop in my head, but he is cavorting with Captain Kangaroo, Mr. Do-Bee, Bobby, Annette, Cubby, and Karen!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards