Wedding 911

Bridesmaid with Hot Pink Hair

Re: Bridesmaid with Hot Pink Hair

• I should mention too, that I personally will not be asking my bridesmaids to change anything about themselves. It will minimize my stress levels to give the stylists a guideline/idea of what I'm going for and let the bridesmaids pick from what they have to offer. That way I avoid having someone insist on pigtails and the sea urchin-encrusted headband they brought along. I'm not a terrible person for wanting that.
    Let me guess, you aren't going to pay for the styles you are mandating upon them.

SITB

Of course not, this is her day.  @madeleinefoster, so you are going to tell your hairstylists that they have to present styles to your bridesmaids and they HAVE to pick something from those selected styles? 

• esstee33 said:
    I wish I could just report posts for stupidity. 
    *SIIIIGH* People report shit for "rudeness" all the time. They really just end up reporting their own stupidity.

Best just to tag us on shit if we haven't already seen it ;)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• mim29mim29 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2014

It's possible; I haven't decided. I will probably do what my sister-in-law did and let them choose whatever they want. They can show it to me and (as she did) and only say no if it is too close to resembling mine. To answer your question though I will, in fact, be paying for their hair and make up. It is likely I will talk to the artists before the wedding and say "here is the look I'm going for, please do your best to keep it within that realm." Ex: If I say I want elegant, suggest neutral tones for makeup, and show [the artists] some examples of what I mean, I avoid them busting out hot pink lipstick and bright blue eye shadows. I have no reservations or insecurities about it whatsoever. Another ex: If one of them doesn't like blue and that's the color dress I picked for the wedding? Sorry I'm not sorry. She can handle wearing blue for a day; it's not like I'm asking her to change her body weight, tattoos, "insert permanent aesthetic here", etc., etc. THAT would be unforgivable and obscene. If this bridesmaid was dying her hair in support of say... an aunt dying of breast cancer, that's different. It does not however, sound as if she is supporting any type of cause/act of honor.

• It's possible; I haven't decided. I will probably do what my sister-in-law did and let them choose whatever they want. They can show it to me and (as she did) and only say no if it is too close to resembling mine. To answer your question though I will, in fact, be paying for their hair and make up. It is likely I will talk to the artists before the wedding and say "here is the look I'm going for, please do your best to keep it within that realm." Ex: If I say I want elegant, suggest neutral tones for makeup, and show [the artists] some examples of what I mean, I avoid them busting out hot pink lipstick and bright blue eye shadows. I have no reservations or insecurities about it whatsoever. Another ex: If one of them doesn't like blue and that's the color dress I picked for the wedding? Sorry I'm not sorry. She can handle wearing blue for a day; it's not like I'm asking her to change her body weight, tattoos, "insert permanent aesthetic here", etc., etc. THAT would be unforgivable and obscene. If this bridesmaid was dying her hair in support of say... an aunt dying of breast cancer, that's different. It does not however, sound as if she is supporting any type of cause/act of honor.

First off, if that is your real name, maybe you should change it. You know, internet safety is cool.

It's great that you are paying for their hair and makeup. In fact, it is one of the only things that I agree with you with.

Do you really trust your bridesmaids so little that you think they would show up in bright pink lipstick and blue eyeshadow? I mean, unless they do this on a regular basis, that is not something I think someone would try out as a BM at someone's wedding.

Also, being forced to wear a dress in a color that you don't like for a day is a lot different than having to make a semi-permanent change to your appearance for one day. It is apples to oranges and just doesn't work.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I seriously fucking can't with this thread.  But here's a new point that I want to comment on....

It's possible; I haven't decided. I will probably do what my sister-in-law did and let them choose whatever they want. They can show it to me and (as she did) and only say no if it is too close to resembling mine. To answer your question though I will, in fact, be paying for their hair and make up. It is likely I will talk to the artists before the wedding and say "here is the look I'm going for, please do your best to keep it within that realm." Ex: If I say I want elegant, suggest neutral tones for makeup, and show [the artists] some examples of what I mean, I avoid them busting out hot pink lipstick and bright blue eye shadows. I have no reservations or insecurities about it whatsoever. Another ex: If one of them doesn't like blue and that's the color dress I picked for the wedding? Sorry I'm not sorry. She can handle wearing blue for a day; it's not like I'm asking her to change her body weight, tattoos, "insert permanent aesthetic here", etc., etc. THAT would be unforgivable and obscene. If this bridesmaid was dying her hair in support of say... an aunt dying of breast cancer, that's different. It does not however, sound as if she is supporting any type of cause/act of honor.

Like what the fuck?  Who gives a shit if hairstyles are similar?  I let my bridesmaids know that I had a stylist booked, and they were all welcome to make user of her services, if they were so inclined.  They asked me what hair I wanted them to have.  I said fuck if I care; HOWEVER, it will be outdoors in California, so I'm wearing mine up, and you might want to as well.  They were kind of lost, so I sent them a picture of my trial.  They loved it and all three actually ended up getting similar ones the day of the wedding.  Guess what?  I was still the star.  No one confused a BM for the bride.

It makes me SO HAPPY to look at my pics with my girls.  They are all so fucking beautiful and it's largely because they were all so comfortable and thrilled with how they looked.    
    Right? I was going to comment on that, too, but then I actually had to accomplish some shit before I left work. 

I just can't even fathom how self-absorbed you have to be to dictate that nobody else's hair looks like yours. YOU'RE THE FUCKING BRIDE. HOW MUCH MORE IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION? Literally nobody is going to be like "OH MY GOD ETHEL DO YOU SEE THAT FUCKING BRIDESMAID'S HAIR??? HOW DARE SHE STYLE IT SO SIMILARLY TO THE BRIDE!!!"

Get. The. Fuck. Over. It. 

Furthermore, what are you going to do if a guest accidentally styles her hair like yours, too? Will you be pissy then, too? 
  • esstee33 said:
    I seriously fucking can't with this thread.  But here's a new point that I want to comment on....

Like what the fuck?  Who gives a shit if hairstyles are similar?  I let my bridesmaids know that I had a stylist booked, and they were all welcome to make user of her services, if they were so inclined.  They asked me what hair I wanted them to have.  I said fuck if I care; HOWEVER, it will be outdoors in California, so I'm wearing mine up, and you might want to as well.  They were kind of lost, so I sent them a picture of my trial.  They loved it and all three actually ended up getting similar ones the day of the wedding.  Guess what?  I was still the star.  No one confused a BM for the bride.

It makes me SO HAPPY to look at my pics with my girls.  They are all so fucking beautiful and it's largely because they were all so comfortable and thrilled with how they looked.    
    Right? I was going to comment on that, too, but then I actually had to accomplish some shit before I left work. 

I just can't even fathom how self-absorbed you have to be to dictate that nobody else's hair looks like yours. YOU'RE THE FUCKING BRIDE. HOW MUCH MORE IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION? Literally nobody is going to be like "OH MY GOD ETHEL DO YOU SEE THAT FUCKING BRIDESMAID'S HAIR??? HOW DARE SHE STYLE IT SO SIMILARLY TO THE BRIDE!!!"

Get. The. Fuck. Over. It. 

Furthermore, what are you going to do if a guest accidentally styles her hair like yours, too? Will you be pissy then, too? 
    I just love that you said the name 'Ethel.' It made me picture my Memaw with her hair in curlers clutching her pearls haha
    Anniversary

• @MadeleineFoster do you shit a brick if you see someone wearing something similar to you when you're out? Do you get offended if you go to a store and they still have the shirt you bought last week on display for others to buy?

Have you ever gone up to a stranger and yelled at them for having the same purse as you but in a different color? What if they braided their hair on the same day as you?

I mean, those are all things that a delusional person with no idea what the hell their priorities are about would do. You meet the hallmarks for that so I just wondered.

If so, please tell me the stories about how things like that have all gone down because I loooooooove reading about a mess like that.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• mim29mim29 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Sigh, go find something better to do with your time and cry along to a Fall Out Boy album. I've stopped caring.
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Sigh, go find something better to do with your time and cry along to a Fall Out Boy album. I've stopped caring.
    You care about people's hair choices, go micromanage somebody's scalp.

You and I at least agree on one thing, Fall Out Boy is awful. Congratulations.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• It's possible; I haven't decided. I will probably do what my sister-in-law did and let them choose whatever they want. They can show it to me and (as she did) and only say no if it is too close to resembling mine. To answer your question though I will, in fact, be paying for their hair and make up. It is likely I will talk to the artists before the wedding and say "here is the look I'm going for, please do your best to keep it within that realm." Ex: If I say I want elegant, suggest neutral tones for makeup, and show [the artists] some examples of what I mean, I avoid them busting out hot pink lipstick and bright blue eye shadows. I have no reservations or insecurities about it whatsoever. Another ex: If one of them doesn't like blue and that's the color dress I picked for the wedding? Sorry I'm not sorry. She can handle wearing blue for a day; it's not like I'm asking her to change her body weight, tattoos, "insert permanent aesthetic here", etc., etc. THAT would be unforgivable and obscene. If this bridesmaid was dying her hair in support of say... an aunt dying of breast cancer, that's different. It does not however, sound as if she is supporting any type of cause/act of honor.

You are the absolute worst. ever. In the history of ever. I feel awful for your bridal party who has to clear their life choices by you first because they accepted the invite to be in your wedding.

I'd shave my head just to spite you. Considering I already had pink hair. BECAUSE I WANTED TO.

• ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Ohmygod, truly funny. Moose informed me that I do know who Fall Out Boy is. They're the stick figures that sing "going down to the luleeloorah."  I think that's hilarious. 

Has fuck all to do with anything, though.
  • chibiyui said:
    I googled Fall Out Boy. Should I know them? Do they have something to do with hair? Or is that supposed to mean something else? 
    Either way, it doesn't make you any less rude or shallow. Or less wrong.
    F-.

I think she was trying to infer that I am an emo tween or something. She was incorrect. I'm the fucking pope.
    I like that listening to Fall Out Boy is apparently a thing people still try to make fun of. Or maybe she's a time travellet from my high school in 2005. Signed, Girl Who Listens to Fall Out Boy, GIves Zero Fucks About Unimportant Shit Like My Bridesmaids Hair Color.
    I have no issue with those who enjoy FAB. People have different taste in music, at least we know better than to try to use it as a dig ;)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I don't mind them. At least based on the luleeloorah song, and not being entirely certain what they're actually singing. There is much worse sounding music out there.
  • esstee33 said:
    Hahahaha, wait, what? Did she seriously just take a random shot in the dark to try to insult someone based on musical preferences they may or may not even have? 

Somebody was trying to play with the big girls and couldn't keep up  :(

Anniversary

• She was trying to defend an indefensible position. Unarmed.

This thread needs a puppy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards