Chit Chat

Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

Re: Walking Dead!!! *Show Spoilers only!!*

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Thanks @melbenso!!!

Anyway, does Gabriel remind you of Keegan Michael Key?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I kept trying to place the actor playing Gabriel.  I know I had seen him before.  Turns out he was on The Wire (as was the actor who plays Bob).  Some people get to work on all the best TV shows....
  • So if Bob did get bit by a walker in the basement like a lot of us thought, and then they ate Bob's leg at the BobBQ, do you think they'll all turn? Or will it matter? Do you have to get bit to die or can you get infected by eating an infected person? (I know everyone already has the virus in them, but getting bit makes you die right away, remember?) 

Also, don't you kind of wish the group would have listened to Rick and just killed the rest of the Terminus people? Cuz now they're still out there doing terrible things and being cannibals. Sometimes I hate Rick, but he seems to always be right. Which makes me think even more that Father Gabriel is super terrible, cuz Rick does not trust him. 
  • melbenso said:
    I kept trying to place the actor playing Gabriel.  I know I had seen him before.  Turns out he was on The Wire (as was the actor who plays Bob).  Some people get to work on all the best TV shows....
    DH said there are like 4 or 5 former Wire actors on the show.

• Let's say that Bob was bitten and that would make him turn, and people eating him would make them turn.  But wouldn't they not turn because his leg was cooked?
  • So if Bob did get bit by a walker in the basement like a lot of us thought, and then they ate Bob's leg at the BobBQ, do you think they'll all turn? Or will it matter? Do you have to get bit to die or can you get infected by eating an infected person? (I know everyone already has the virus in them, but getting bit makes you die right away, remember?)
    doeydo said:
    Let's say that Bob was bitten and that would make him turn, and people eating him would make them turn.  But wouldn't they not turn because his leg was cooked?
    Since we already know that there is enough of the infection in every living person/in the air to make them turn when they die, no matter what the cause, I think the question is more if Bob was bitten and the full blown infection was in his leg, would eating that infected flesh be enough to kill someone, like getting bitten by someone who is infected is? And would cooking kill the infection? 

If he has been bitten, there could be a lot of dead cannibals really soon.  But my guess is that it won't turn/kill them, at least not right away.  These guys are supposed to be the Big Bad of the season (to borrow from Buffy nomenclature).  I'd be surprised if the show runners killed them all off that quickly.  Maybe one or two will die from eating tainted leg (typing that is weird), but I bet Gareth sticks around for a while.
  • I just watched it!  Had to wait for it to load on the official website.  Holy crap!

I don't think Bob got bit and the leg is tainted.  Because don't you think they would have seen a bite mark?
    My theory on Gabriel is that he turned people away and wouldn't let any of his parish in when they came for help.  The car with the cross certainly has something to do with it.

I really need to stop watching because I keep getting attached to characters and they kill them off!
    Anniversary

• I just watched it!  Had to wait for it to load on the official website.  Holy crap!

I don't think Bob got bit and the leg is tainted.  Because don't you think they would have seen a bite mark?
    My theory on Gabriel is that he turned people away and wouldn't let any of his parish in when they came for help.  The car with the cross certainly has something to do with it.

I really need to stop watching because I keep getting attached to characters and they kill them off!
    It was pretty dark and maybe they were too hungry to bother with checking?

Hey, maybe they already expereienced eating someone who was bit. Maybe they already know what happens. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Is everyone ready to get some answers tonight? I am stoked! Yay, walking dead.
    If you want some great (maybe a little juvenile) entertainment till then, this killed me. The governor goes Broadway on us at about 3:52. Brilliant.

http://youtu.be/44qJPQLxJu8
  • ohannabelle!! I didn't even know they did walking dead!!

"Are you ready or do you need something else before we start?"
    "My lips are so sore already."

I have another funny.

SO excited for tonight!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

edited October 2014
    Okay, new episode was pretty great. I thought it was really strange that sasha wanted to run out and kill those guys instead of staying with her boyfriend. If it were me, I think I would soak up every last minute with the dying. I know I said I didn't care for Bob, but his dying scenes made me tear up. I totally cried at Lori's death. I cry at most of the deaths, lol. Hershels was the worst.

Michonne got her sword back!!!! YES

I still like the preacher. To me he just seems like a gentle soul not fit for this world. What he did was pretty awful. Maybe he will become the new empathetic leader to replace Hershel and Dale? (Nobody can replace Hershel!) I honestly think he is going to be in the show for awhile, and he will get better at surviving. I'm not super into the bible or anything, but I do love watching how people relate this new world to their faith. My favorite quote from the entire show was when Hershel said, "I can't profess to understand God's plan, Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.". I have always found faith so fascinating

I totally thought Carol was dead when Daryl came out of the woods like that. I thought he was going to start crying. And I'm excited to see what's up with Beth, although I'm sure it will be creepy and horrifying. 

Judith is precious. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    Okay, new episode was pretty great. I thought it was really strange that sasha wanted to run out and kill those guys instead of staying with her boyfriend. If it were me, I think I would soak up every last minute with the dying. I know I said I didn't care for Bob, but his dying scenes made me tear up. I totally cried at Lori's death. I cry at most of the deaths, lol. Hershels was the worst.

I still like the preacher. To me he just seems like a gentle soul not fit for this world. What he did was pretty awful. Maybe he will become the new empathetic leader to replace Hershel and Dale? (Nobody can replace Hershel!) I honestly think he is going to be in the show for awhile, and he will get better at surviving. I'm not super into the bible or anything, but I do love watching how people relate this new world to their faith. My favorite quote from the entire show was when Hershel said, "I can't profess to understand God's plan, Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.". I have always found faith so fascinating

I totally thought Carol was dead when Daryl came out of the woods like that. I thought he was going to start crying. And I'm excited to see what's up with Beth, although I'm sure it will be creepy and horrifying. 

Judith is precious. 
    I totally stuck my arms up in the air and yelled "YES!" when I saw Michone grab the sword. I was also super happy that the group killed Garreth and the other Terminus people. They were annoying the crap out of me and I really didn't want them to be lingering around the whole season. My heart was pounding when they came into the church, though. Too bad we didn't get to find out what happened to them for eating tainted Bob, but I love that Bob got the last laugh on that. 

Do you think Father Gabriel is being 100% honest? Are you satisfied that we know his full story now? I'm still just a little skeptical. 

Also, I'm not completely sure that Carol is the only person coming out of the woods with Daryl. Or maybe she's not with him at all. Maybe Beth is with them? And next week will be like a flashback of what happened to her and how Daryl and Carol rescued her? I don't know. I couldn't sleep last night cuz of that cliffhanger they left us with!!! 
  • larrygaga said:

Judith is precious. 
    I totally stuck my arms up in the air and yelled "YES!" when I saw Michone grab the sword. I was also super happy that the group killed Garreth and the other Terminus people. They were annoying the crap out of me and I really didn't want them to be lingering around the whole season. My heart was pounding when they came into the church, though. Too bad we didn't get to find out what happened to them for eating tainted Bob, but I love that Bob got the last laugh on that. 

Do you think Father Gabriel is being 100% honest? Are you satisfied that we know his full story now? I'm still just a little skeptical. 

Also, I'm not completely sure that Carol is the only person coming out of the woods with Daryl. Or maybe she's not with him at all. Maybe Beth is with them? And next week will be like a flashback of what happened to her and how Daryl and Carol rescued her? I don't know. I couldn't sleep last night cuz of that cliffhanger they left us with!!! 
    I thought this too. He definitely had a sort of regretful look on his face. Like Carol was with him but she was hurt, or had Beth but she was just a shell of her former self. It's definitely not going to be a warm fuzzy reunion, whoever comes out of the woods.

I was SO HAPPY Michonne got her sword back! I told DH that was just as good as the Maggie/Glenn reunion.

The way they killed Gareth et all really creeped me out. Really, you wanted to save 6 bullets? No, you're getting even more savage. I thought it was interesting how that seemed to bother some but not others.

• larrygaga said:

Judith is precious. 

I thought this too. He definitely had a sort of regretful look on his face. Like Carol was with him but she was hurt, or had Beth but she was just a shell of her former self. It's definitely not going to be a warm fuzzy reunion, whoever comes out of the woods.

I was SO HAPPY Michonne got her sword back! I told DH that was just as good as the Maggie/Glenn reunion.

The way they killed Gareth et all really creeped me out. Really, you wanted to save 6 bullets? No, you're getting even more savage. I thought it was interesting how that seemed to bother some but not others.
    I wonder if the group is morphing now into being more savage. They were sticking to this great moral compass for a while (and kind of still are because Rick told Garreth he couldn't let him go to cross paths with other people and eat them) but a lot of Talking Dead has focused on the effect that the Terminus experience will have on the group, and the purpose of showing the Terminus backstory and how good people can go bad. It was an interesting moment when Father Gabriel saw the chopped up bodies and said "but this is a house of god," and Maggie replied, "No, it's just four walls and a roof." 

Speaking of Maggie and Glen... um, they left? Do you think this season will follow their story at all, or will there just be a reunion sometime later? I really like Maggie. I was bummed out that she left the main group. 
  • novella1186 I don't know why but I trust Father Gabriel. I think he is just too gentle and cowardly for the new world they live in. I kind of expect a priest to act like that in that situation. I wouldn't expect him to lock out his people, though. 

I bet there will be scenes from both groups and maybe beth until they are all reunited. I don't think this is the last we have heard of Glenn and Maggie and Abraham.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I wasn't that bothered by how they killed the Termites. I never understand why they use bullets in situations they don't have to. Either way, I'm really glad they dispensed of the Terminus threat early on this season. I really thought it was going to be another 2 seasons of the Governor.
    edited October 2014
    I really didn't think it was that savage. When Rick gets pissed, he gets pretty cold and I think he has always been that way but just hasn't many chances to show it. Where rick goes, the group follows.

Honestly, I think it was more about revenge than saving bullets. Rick just said that to be a dick.

I like this show being more fast faced. I thought they were going to be stuck in that train car for an entire season or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    I really didn't think it was that savage. When Rick gets pissed, he gets pretty cold and I think he has always been that way but just hasn't many chances to show it. Where rick goes, the group follows.

Honestly, I think it was more about revenge than saving bullets. Rick just said that to be a dick.

I like this show being more fast faced. I thought they were going to be stuck in that train car for an entire season or something.
    Right, and then they smashed the fuck out of them instead of dispatching them quickly. They wanted to kill them slowly and painfully and brutally.

• Honestly, I would have little to no patience or empathy for people in a zombie apocalypse. That group fucked right up. They weren't just killing and eating people, they were also making sure they were terrifying them before they did it. 

Everyone is starving right now, do what everyone else do and scavenge for food or go hunting. Or at least make sure someone dies naturally before eating them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    Honestly, I would have little to no patience or empathy for people in a zombie apocalypse. That group fucked right up. They weren't just killing and eating people, they were also making sure they were terrifying them before they did it. 

Everyone is starving right now, do what everyone else do and scavenge for food or go hunting. Or at least make sure someone dies naturally before eating them.

I thought it was funny that last episode Gareth made a comment about them not being good hunters, because based on how the stalked the shit out of the group, you could have fooled me.
  • Well, now we know Rick keeps his promises. I wondered at Terminus, back at the slaughterhouse sink (when he gave Gareth the inventory of the hidden weapons) if he somehow really would use that knife to cut his head off, and how that was going to happen.
    Savagery, or justice? 

And yes, a huge hooray at my house when Michonne took her sword back!

One character is always the voice of humanity. The moral voice of the group. It started as Dale, then Herschel. The next could be either Tyreese or Father Gabriel. 

Honestly surprised that Father Gabriel's confession was as simple as it was. I expected something more complex, a tie-in to more sinister characters. There was less to that than met the eye. In which case, I think he'd make an interesting addition to the group.

Fucking annoyed that Glenn and Maggie left. Just...annoyed. We better damned get a storyline of some sort there. 

Fully expecting Beth to come out of the woods with Carol. Not expecting her to be singing for a while. 

(And where the hell is Morgan? Still skulking through the woods watching? Because he's obviously been shown to us with a reason, like Chekhov's gun- you don't show a gun in the first act unless it's going off in the second.)

Great episode. The pace this season is good, questions answered swiftly, action moving right along. 

And we called the tainted meat. Hah! I really wanted to see a little more food poisoning suffering, but I guess beheading was an adequate substitute.

Okay, ready for next Sunday.
  • Everybody called that Tyrese didn't really kill that guy either. Did you see him with the black eye?

• Everybody called that Tyrese didn't really kill that guy either. Did you see him with the black eye?
    No, I totally missed that! I watched very late, though. I need to watch it again, fully awake.
  • ohannabelle I was really mad last night about the Morgan thing. That was what, two episodes ago? What was the point of showing him to us if he doesn't come into play at all yet? I was thinking he'd be the one to come into the church and help save the group from the Termites or something, but obviously that didn't happen. We had to wait 2 seasons for the story line to circle back around to him the first time. They better not do that again! 
  • Maybe he's in the shadows with Carol and Beth?
     Probably not, but we know he's around somewhere! But yes, they need to address that shit. And not two seasons from now.
  • Good stuff, good stuff, good stuff!

Don't trust the priest. Happy danced with the sword reunion. Still can't stand Rick (…is it possible for him to do anything without oozing in dramatics??). Bye Bob. Excited to see Beth again, though I don't think it's her that is with Daryl. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards