Chit Chat
Options

So who is in the blizzard zone?

Re: So who is in the blizzard zone?

• Options
    sarahufl said:

Yeah, we only got around 6 inches. What a bust!

Oh well, I will watch Law & Order on my couch instead of working :)
    Some people would be really happy to get 6 inches.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    We are only halfway through the "fun" and this was the view to my backyard 5 min ago
    Oh man; looks like you're getting hit hard.

We got about 4 inches overnight. Just enough to be annoying, but not ebough to stay home.
  • Options
    Y'all can send me about 1/2". It would still shut us down. We Alabamians are ridiculous about snow. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Y'all can send me about 1/2". It would still shut us down. We Alabamians are ridiculous about snow. 
    I am from Michigan.  Back in 1987 I went to an Army school in Little Rock, Arkansas, in February.  Well, there was the tiniest dusting of snow - like someone was sprinkling powdered sugar on a cookie.  Talk about pandemonium! It didn't even stick and parents were going crazy that school wasn't called off.  The news was uber dramatic about the horrible weather and I'm wondering what in the hell they are talking about.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    We are only halfway through the "fun" and this was the view to my backyard 5 min ago
    My deck and backyard pretty much looked the same. We shoveled a path for our puppy, poor thing sunk right into the snow. But it's still snowing hard, so we'll have to go out again. Certainly not a bust here.

• Options
    It is already up to about 2 feet here, and still supposed to be going hard until like 8pm. God knows how I'm going to shovel this. It is REALLY heavy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yeah. The governor lifted the travel ban for western CT bUT I'm still snowbound inside. Luckily the power is on.

The good news there is that I still get to work out of my house.
  • Options
    I don't think I've seen one this big since middle school....these mailboxes are 3 feet high 

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

I don't think I've seen one this big since middle school....these mailboxes are 3 feet high 

Holy cow!
  • Options
    We've got about 6-7" now.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

stuck in box.

wow. that is a lot. i dont think i have ever seen that much in my area of ohio. i think we would all freak out over that here.
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:
    jenna8984 said:

stuck in box.

wow. that is a lot. i dont think i have ever seen that much in my area of ohio. i think we would all freak out over that here.
    yea it's been coming down for 12 hours and my street hasn't been plowed once. I've never seen that happen, usually they keep up with it every few hours. 

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    mrsk616 said:
    jenna8984 said:

stuck in box.

yea it's been coming down for 12 hours and my street hasn't been plowed once. I've never seen that happen, usually they keep up with it every few hours. 
    Sounds like the DOT from my town has a relative in yours. They haven't done shit here and it's coming down FAST.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I've got a friend that was heading for NYC for business this week. She realized that The Weather Channel was on the plane behind her (She flies from ATL-NYC)... then realized it wasn't Jim Cantore. When Jim is coming your way, you best leave the state. Dude's got moves.

And he's the Grim Reaper of The Weather Channel.

• Options
    Yey! We still have our power. There's about 2 feet of snow out there.

• Options
    I'm kinda sad cause I'm supposed to go to the gym today with friends.....but with the snow, I figured we wouldn't go, so I have beef marinating for a stir fry, but I'm going to look like an ass if I bail....

Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes, the desert could also use just a tiny bit of snow. I would love to have a snow day just once. 
  • Options
    I've got a friend that was heading for NYC for business this week. She realized that The Weather Channel was on the plane behind her (She flies from ATL-NYC)... then realized it wasn't Jim Cantore. When Jim is coming your way, you best leave the state. Dude's got moves.

And he's the Grim Reaper of The Weather Channel.
    lol, I grew up in Florida and now live in NYC. Growing up, we were afraid of Jim bc of hurricanes but now it is the snow. Anytime Jim shows up, you better hunker down!
  • Options
    Sorry if someone has already posted this Onion article, but <<clicky>>.

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options
    I'm so disappointed we didn't get any thundersnow. But the power is still on! So yea, bundling up to remove the 2" from the top of my car. Whoo. Hoo.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    2.5 hours WITH a snowblower....love him!!!

• Options
    Flakes are getting bigger and heavier here. It's gonna get ugly.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I'm so disappointed we didn't get any thundersnow. But the power is still on! So yea, bundling up to remove the 2" from the top of my car. Whoo. Hoo.
    We didn't get the thunder snow and green lightning they were predicting, either. Although we got a massive amount of snow, the historical storm didn't live up to the hype. But I'm happy about that.

• Options
    Not too shabby here.  Didn't think it was going to be bad at all.  Got maybe 4-5?  Sun is out and is melting it already.
    Anniversary

• Options
    We didn't get the thunder snow and green lightning they were predicting, either. Although we got a massive amount of snow, the historical storm didn't live up to the hype. But I'm happy about that.
    I was reading an article this morning and they said the storm formed further east than they expected and then some air pressure that was inland kept the storm from moving westward as quickly as anticipated - meaning NJ/NYC/CT was pretty much spared but areas north and east of us are getting hit hard.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

Yes, I'm sorry for those that a dealing with that. I heard on the news that Nantucket took a beating and is without power. I know how that is and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Options

Yes, I'm sorry for those that a dealing with that. I heard on the news that Nantucket took a beating and is without power. I know how that is and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Yea, my grandparents live on the Cape. They are 88 years old in a house (not a facility). They normally don't get more than 3 inches but they even got 20 inches! 

• Options
    edited January 2015

Wow, jenna8984, 88 and they're still independent? You come from hardy stock :)

• Options
    All I can say is, who's doing the happy dance that she isn't working for the airline industry anymore?

That would be me.
     I'm not rebooking, watching flights canceled/reinstated/canceled again, listening to how badly planned the reroutes are, hearing people scream about how they haaaaaave to be to work tomorrow without fail (hint- don't travel in January if you can't risk it. Snow happens.) or hunting down translators to explain things to stranded Moravians, or trying to explain how Travelocity/ Expedia/ Cheaptickets has completely effed up your ticket and if I touch it, things will get much, much, worse. 

I just get to marvel at everyone's snow, and enjoy all your Knot weather reports.
  • Options
    All I can say is, who's doing the happy dance that she isn't working for the airline industry anymore?

That would be me.
     I'm not rebooking, watching flights canceled/reinstated/canceled again, listening to how badly planned the reroutes are, hearing people scream about how they haaaaaave to be to work tomorrow without fail (hint- don't travel in January if you can't risk it. Snow happens.) or hunting down translators to explain things to stranded Moravians, or trying to explain how Travelocity/ Expedia/ Cheaptickets has completely effed up your ticket and if I touch it, things will get much, much, worse. 

I just get to marvel at everyone's snow, and enjoy all your Knot weather reports.
    I'm ex-travel-industry too and I have a serious case of schadenfreude when stuff like this happens. I'm just so glad it's not me...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards