Chit Chat

What do you do if you hate the engagement ring?

Re: What do you do if you hate the engagement ring?

• littlepep said:

Golden nuggets.

I don't know if I want to associate delicious chicken nuggets with balls. Dang it. Next time I'm at Chick-fil-a that's all I'm going to think about. 
    Hahahaha, whoops! I actually heard it in a Macklemore song and it stuck.

Sorry for ruining your hate chicken!
    I don't think anything can ruin my love of those delicious nuggets. But now I will laugh and think of balls haha. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meatballs.

Smoked sausage.
  • maeday2 said:
    DAMN IT. You are the thread winner.
  • But also, mushroom tip.
  • No worries, everyone, I promise not to cry about the Internet today...

Unless I watch that video of the dog who can't catch any food again, but that will probably be from laughing.

Yesterday I read a news story about two elephants that helped hold a semi-truck up, preventing it from rolling after a highway accident though and I thought it was so nice of them that I had to cry a couple tears at my desk. I'm not kidding even a little bit, it's pretty terrible. I talk tough online sometimes but in real life I'm pretty much full Disney princess, holding conversations with every dog out for a walk and bunny in the park and making dinner for sixty people at house parties and apologizing to virtual cars I run into when I'm trying to play Grand Theft Auto with FI. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I'm super hungry right now so all you're doing is making me think about food and it is TORTURE! 44 minutes till lunchtime.... 
  • Some general "yous" here...for those who may need to hear them.

It must be exhausting trying to please everyone but yourself. It's healthy to put yourself first from time to time.

The people you work so hard to keep happy, should take stock and worry about how you feel. No one deserves to be a doormat to their loved ones. 

You are important and deserve to be treated like you and your feelings matter.

It's very possible your SO and loved ones already believe this and want to put you and your feelings before theirs, but your never let them bc you are too busy being a martyr.

*****************************************************************************************

@Nymeru, pretty she is suggesting you are the "friend." @larrygaga, you can cut the pass aggressive crap and stick with being up front, since the OP got married last year it's clearly not a "my friend has a weird rash" type post.

The bolded, yes!

I'm super hungry right now so all you're doing is making me think about food and it is TORTURE! 44 minutes till lunchtime.... 
    Ugh, me too, girl!

Hmmmm, non-food dick names...

Clit commander!
  • novella1427315864 said:

I'm the kind of person who talks to animals I meet on the street and cries at commercials and thinks about the most mildly critical things people say to me for weeks or months, and I've never raised my voice in anger to FI in the ten years we've known each other, though. I'm pretty much just a pile of three-day-old kittens in human form, so you can all feel free to be completely baffled about my pathological need not to hurt my loved ones' feelings.

I am this person too, so I get it. I really do.

And. My mother is worse than you are about putting other people before herself. She has reached true doormat level: she won't even express an opinion about where she would like to eat. Her stomach is not a happy creature. She only eats at night, because every time she eats before or during work, she has to go to a bathroom on a different floor (a public one, as opposed to her office's private one) to hide her stomach issues. Well, when we're traveling as a family, we all eat at Zaxby's. Every time. It's a treat, because Zaxby's is a fairly expensive fast food restaurant, and we just don't have the money for fairly expensive fast food restaurants all the time. Every time we travel, my mom has an upset stomach brought on by said Zaxby's. I know this because she has confided in me. However, when the suggestion is made that we get Zaxby's AGAIN, she doesn't speak up and say, "I'd rather not eat there, let's eat at Arby's instead." She eats the Zaxby's. She gets sick off the Zaxby's. She is physically uncomfortable and sometimes in real pain because of the Zaxby's. Because she's concerned that her speaking up will make the rest of my family unhappy, because eating Zaxby's on a road trip is a special treat for everyone else. I say, every time, that Mom doesn't like Zaxby's. Mom's reply? "I'm fine, Zaxby's is fine!" And, because my voicing Mom's dislikes doesn't mean shit if Mom doesn't voice those dislikes, away we go into the restaurant that is going to make her sick for hours.

I know comparing stomach issues to protecting FI's feelings seems kind of like comparing apples to oysters, but I promise it's not: I never saw my mother's e-ring, and once, several years back, I asked her why. It was because she hated it. It was too big, and too gaudy, and not her taste, and she hated it, but she never told my dad she didn't like it. She didn't wear it, and she doesn't care that it's gone forever. Her mom's e-ring? Bawls about daily. Her dad's mandolin? Bawls about daily. My dad's grandmother's handmade blown-egg-and-glitter-glue Christmas tree ornaments? Bawls about daily. But her own e-ring, the one my dad chose for her, that symbolized at one time the love he had for her and his commitment to her, and the one she accepted to symbolize the love she had for him and her commitment to him? Yeah, she doesn't much care that it's probably a pile of melted ruined gold and sooty diamond.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Sock puppet.
  • amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    I should also add @photokitty that I don't feel like a doormat, I don't make other people happy at my own expense, and I don't play the martyr. Making my loved ones happy makes me happy, so everyone wins. My current approach to my life is the only one that's ever made me feel really, genuinely good every single day, so it's working for me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't stop thinking about tacos now.

@ashley8918 ftw!

• Pocket rocket.

@ashley8918 ftw!

I am seriously considering ditching my lunch and hitting up Taco Bell now, haha.

@ashley8918 ftw!

I am seriously considering ditching my lunch and hitting up Taco Bell now, haha.

Have you had the cinnabon bite things the have now? OMG.

@ashley8918 ftw!

Have you had the cinnabon bite things the have now? OMG.
    I detest cinnamon and frosting, and really most sweet things, but H is going to fucking shit his pants with excitement when I tell him about this.
  • Fur burger.
  • I don't really ever use nicknames for penis and vagina. I just say penis or vagina...lol. I guess I am boring!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OOH, can we talk about boobs too?

Fun bags. Chest balloons. Chesticles. Tittays. Bewbs.
  • Boobs: I usually just go with chest ladies or tatas

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepeplittlepep member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Fur burger.

My actual face when I read this

Ugh. ETF image.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm the kind of person who talks to animals I meet on the street and cries at commercials and thinks about the most mildly critical things people say to me for weeks or months, and I've never raised my voice in anger to FI in the ten years we've known each other, though. I'm pretty much just a pile of three-day-old kittens in human form, so you can all feel free to be completely baffled about my pathological need not to hurt my loved ones' feelings.

I am this person too, so I get it. I really do.

And. My mother is worse than you are about putting other people before herself. She has reached true doormat level: she won't even express an opinion about where she would like to eat. Her stomach is not a happy creature. She only eats at night, because every time she eats before or during work, she has to go to a bathroom on a different floor (a public one, as opposed to her office's private one) to hide her stomach issues. Well, when we're traveling as a family, we all eat at Zaxby's. Every time. It's a treat, because Zaxby's is a fairly expensive fast food restaurant, and we just don't have the money for fairly expensive fast food restaurants all the time. Every time we travel, my mom has an upset stomach brought on by said Zaxby's. I know this because she has confided in me. However, when the suggestion is made that we get Zaxby's AGAIN, she doesn't speak up and say, "I'd rather not eat there, let's eat at Arby's instead." She eats the Zaxby's. She gets sick off the Zaxby's. She is physically uncomfortable and sometimes in real pain because of the Zaxby's. Because she's concerned that her speaking up will make the rest of my family unhappy, because eating Zaxby's on a road trip is a special treat for everyone else. I say, every time, that Mom doesn't like Zaxby's. Mom's reply? "I'm fine, Zaxby's is fine!" And, because my voicing Mom's dislikes doesn't mean shit if Mom doesn't voice those dislikes, away we go into the restaurant that is going to make her sick for hours.

I know comparing stomach issues to protecting FI's feelings seems kind of like comparing apples to oysters, but I promise it's not: I never saw my mother's e-ring, and once, several years back, I asked her why. It was because she hated it. It was too big, and too gaudy, and not her taste, and she hated it, but she never told my dad she didn't like it. She didn't wear it, and she doesn't care that it's gone forever. Her mom's e-ring? Bawls about daily. Her dad's mandolin? Bawls about daily. My dad's grandmother's handmade blown-egg-and-glitter-glue Christmas tree ornaments? Bawls about daily. But her own e-ring, the one my dad chose for her, that symbolized at one time the love he had for her and his commitment to her, and the one she accepted to symbolize the love she had for him and her commitment to him? Yeah, she doesn't much care that it's probably a pile of melted ruined gold and sooty diamond.

I'd upset my own stomach for Zaxby's EVERY. DAMN. DAY.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• OOH, can we talk about boobs too?

Fun bags. Chest balloons. Chesticles. Tittays. Bewbs.

What's that song? My humps? Lady lumps? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

Fur burger.

My actual face when I read this

Ugh. ETF image.
    Hahaha, same when I was typing it. Yuckkkk.
  • I laughed about the "hate chicken" too.

Also, chicken nuggets were already ruined for me by beethery's story on snarky brides. Hilarious, but ruined all the same.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards