Not Engaged Yet
Options

Just another manic Monday

Morning, ladies! How was your weekend?

Friday, I got home and didn't feel like doing anything. H made us dinner on the grill and we went to bed pretty early. 

Saturday, I tried to sleep in with the pup, but I woke up at 7am. I did all of the laundry and continued my SATC marathon. When H got home from work, we drove to Asbury Park for a punk rock show. Definitely not my scene but I tried to make the best of it. We got home SO late though, I'm such an old lady. 

Yesterday, we drove to Philly where we met my family for a brunch cruise to celebrate my grandmom's birthday. The tables were set up inside and between the windows and the mirrors, I was NOT feeling well and I've never been seasick before. I tried to eat what I could and then I sat outside on the upper deck most of the rest of the day to avoid puking everywhere. Also, NO GIANT RUBBER DUCK! I was so disappointed. Apparently she was damaged and needs to be repaired. 

I stopped at the grocery store, prepped all of my lunches for the week, made and ate dinner, took Lucy for a long walk at the park with H, and watched Big Brother then went to bed. 

Overall, a lovely weekend but way too short! If anyone running for president next year promises to give 4 day weekends and 3 day work weeks, they've got my vote. 

Re: Just another manic Monday

• Options
    @Swazzle No giant rubber ducky? I'd demand a refund!!

My weekend was not long enough. Friday I went home at noon, and called my mom to see if she was coming to paint, and she couldn't because she had a bunch of stuff come up, so I just cleaned a bit around the house, read HP and caught up on SYTYCD. BF came home and we grilled the london broil on the grill.. MAN it was YUMMY!!!

Saturday we got up and watched Mad Max. I didn't really like it, but whatever. Then my Aunt called needing some things for my other Aunt's surprise anniversary party, so I went over there to help while BF helped my Uncle put in our new water heater. Turns out the one we had was just about to go so we did it just in time. Then I came home, took Tess for a walk/run, and then got ready and headed back to my Aunt's for the party. It was a nice time.

Yesterday we got up, and BF downloaded GoT to start watching, so we watched the first 2 episodes. Then we had to do a huge clean up around the house, and go grocery shopping. We ate dinner and then just watched some mindless TV until we fell asleep. I really could have used an extra day this weekend!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    And then, your oatmeal explodes all over the office microwave and your Monday is ruined. #fwp

• Options
    Morning ladies!

Today is my first day back at work- we were on our HM last week. Being back at work SUCKS. Tomorrow is month end close so there's lots of work to do. 

Saturday night we got back from Mexico- we ordered a pizza for delivery while we were still in the cab coming from the airport lol. We ate dinner and watched Salem, then went to bed. I was so tired but didn't sleep well- our cat missed us while we were gone and she just kept crying the whole damn night and moving around in between us. She's a needy little girl. Sunday we slept late since it was a really crappy day. We hung out in bed most of the day and then went to dinner with H's parents and talked about the HM (which was awesome!). Every time we go out with his parents lately I just get bitter that my parents are in another state and I want to be having dinner with THEM :(

Today I need to go food shopping after work and maybe unpack a little more- it takes me weeks to unpack, I hate it. Hopefully H will be doing lots of laundry. My goal is to write some TY notes tonight too. Can't wait to have those done so everything wedding will be officially over. 

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 - Welcome back! Tell us everything!

• Options

Definitely could use a longer weekend.  Luckily it's a short work week this week.  I've been battling on and off headaches this weekend and tylenol hasn't helped much.  It sucks, so I feel tired and out of it.  I had a decent weekend though.

Friday I was at the theatre, the show was good and I got to see some friends.  Saturday I ran a bunch of errands then H & I went to BJ's and stocked up on a few things.  I got Cracker Barrel for dinner, or breakfast.  It was so good, except for the eggs, still can't eat eggs. Sunday I studied most of the day. H & I made our announcement on FB about the baby Cards Against Humanity style.  We watched episode 1 & 2 of True Dectective last night.  We're not so sure about it yet.

I'm hoping somehow my headaches go away over the next few days, they are pretty annoying.

Anniversary

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 welcome back! Pics???

@Swazzle I am extremely disappointed about the lack of giant rubber duck :( BOO!
  • Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @lavenderfields13 - AW your HM please!!

@swazzle - oatmeal explosions are the worst.

it was rainy and COLD here this weekend. Friday i WFH for the afternoon and bf and i went to Olive Garden and saw Ted 2 for our anniversary. it was funny in parts but too long  for that type of movie, IMO.

Saturday i ran errands and then went to my cousins rehearsal dinner. it was nice but chilly (got down to mid 50s over the course of the evening) and the RD was held in a tent on the harbor, so it was a little unpleasant.

also on Saturday BF got some terrible news from home....one of his best childhood friends was killed in an ATV accident. he was pretty distraught (and still is).
    Sunday was my cousin's wedding. i wasnt sure if i should still push BF to attend the wedding or if i should let him stay home. but i told him i really thought it would be good for him to get out of the house and that we could leave any time after the ceremony if he was upset. so we ended up going and actually had a great time. again, the ceremony and reception were outdoors (at least in a tent since it was pouring rain all day/night). it was in the 50s so it was uncomfortably cold (note to New England brides: have a couple heaters on back up no matter what time of year you get married). also the food was cold. but the cake was delicious! we danced a little, which was fun. this is the first wedding BF and i attended together. but by about 9pm we were ready to call it a night.

on the way home we found out BFs brother and his GF had a miscarriage. this is probably for the best as the pregnancy was unplanned, but its still sad. good thing BF is off work today and can just take a day for himself.

ETA: @untouchablets - cant wait for a report on all the celebs!
  • Options
    Oh wow, what a crappy weekend for your BF @jenjen047  :(  thinking of him

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle No rubber ducky??? Not cool! :( Your H should just buy you that shirt to make up for no rubber duck and get you another present for your birthday. ;)

@cu97tiger Porch drinking is the best!!

@lavenderfields13 Welcome back from the HM! Share some pics please!

@jenjen047 So sorry for your brother and his gf's loss. :(

@TwoDimes I love how much you spoil Indy! Did you get any fun ideas from the shower this weekend?

Like everyone else, I definitely could've used a longer weekend. Tomorrow is end of quarter so I did work work in between working in the yard and doing some other stuff. Saturday H and I met my parents to see Jurassic World and it was great! I really loved the nods to the original movie and the way in which they explained some things. The only bad thing about the movie was some idiot parents took their three year old child in to the theater. Jurassic World is definitely NOT a kids movie. In fact, the youngest age I'd even consider bringing would be a mature 10 year old because of all the gore. So anyway, this 3 year old kid was a couple rows back from us but we could hear him talking and crying for at least 45 minutes before the parents took him out of the theater - this was when he had finally escalated from crying to screaming. That kid is going to have nightmares for at least a week...I don't get why they didn't leave him at home with a babysitter!

Sunday H and I did a ton of yardwork. I got up early and started on putting down landscape fabric. Noon rolled around and H was still in bed so I finally went inside and got kind of snippy with him for not helping out. I think I made him feel bad because he made me a breakfast burrito, took the dog out, and made me coffee this morning. Anyway, we finished our project yesterday and now we're all set to order a bunch of mulch and rock. I can't WAIT to be done with this! This is the last major project we really needed to get done before the shower and we're running out of available weekends so I'm super happy.

• Options
    My weekend was pretty uneventful. Saturday BF and I both had to work so it felt way too short! But we both get this Friday (which is my birthday!) off so we are going to go camping next weekend. I'm so excited, we haven't had a chance to get out yet this year and it will be nice to spend a few days in the mountains!

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 that looks amazing! Glad you had a great time!

Anniversary

• Options
    Ugh, Monday. 

I slept terrible Saturday night and last night, so I am a tired panda today.

Friday night was lazy. Saturday I lounged around most of the day, and then H & I went to a friends wedding that evening. It was really fun. I felt bad because the ceremony was supposed to be outside, but it started raining just as we were leaving, so they ended up having to do it inside. It was small, even smaller than ours, I think. The food was fantastic, the bride was GORGEOUS, and we had a lot of fun.

Yesterday I woke up with a migraine because I didn't sleep well. We had a date with friends to go see Ted 2, so I took some Excedrin Migraine and forced myself out into public. H & I went to a couple furniture stores first, because we need to get some sort of storage solution for the kitchen, since we aren't really going to be able to afford to add all the cabinet/counter space that we'd really like for a while. We found a couple hutches/buffets that we really like, so hopefully we can get one of those soon. I haven't even been able to unpack a lot of our wedding gifts, because we literally have NO WHERE to put anything!!

After furniture, we went over to the mall. I bought a new planner for my new job (YAY!) because I'm old school and like to write things down. Ted 2 was okay. It definitely had some funny parts, but the first one was WAY better. Then we all went to Chilis and had some delicious foods.

H & I went home, I watched Big Brother while texting with the girls, and then H & I watched True Detective, which I'm LOVING. 

I'm really glad it's a short week!!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 - that looks amazing!! So glad you had such an awesome time!!! :-D

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin I can't remember if I was gone already for your announcement but congrats on the new job!!

• Options
    @caseface5 - I'm jealous that you are just starting GoT. The first season was so good!

@twodimes - You're such a good pup-momma!

@Lavenderfields13 - Your HM looks like it was fabulous!!! 

@Peaseblossom55 and @GoldenPenguin - I really want to watch True Detective! Hopefully I'll have time to start it once Big Brother is over :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @lavenderfields13 - that looks and sounds amazing!!!

@goldenpenguin - i saw Ted 2 also, and i agree it was ok. there were funny parts but i think it could have been cut down by 45 minutes and been overall more enjoyable.

@everyone - thanks for the T&P. :)
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - congrats on moving!!! the cake and party looks awesome!!!! good work!!
  • Options
    @swazzle NO GIANT RUBBER DUCK? that stinks.

@lavenderfields13 Yay! Welcome back from your honeymoon...and yes it takes forever to unpack!

@untouchablets My FSIL would love to work events in the Hamptons, totally her thing. She did it before on Block Island and Martha's Vineyard. 

@jenjen047 I feel so bad for anyone who got married this weekend and ended up in the rain. I really hope it doesn't rain on my wedding day, but you never know. That's why plan b is a good idea. Too bad the food was cold though :(

@labro Is Jurassic World really that gorey? All of my FB parents are bringing their little (like under age 10) kids to Jurassic World...yikes.

This past weekend was very relaxing for me. FI had his bachelor party so he was gone the entire weekend! He left Friday for a weekend at Mohegan with the guys. So, I spent the weekend watching TV, online shopping, organizing in the house and emailing some vendors with questions. The weather was pretty rainy so outdoor activities did not happen- no beach for me. 

Today I plan to create a packing list for Alaska. Lots of layers and hats and gloves need to be found in winter storage. I'm thinking we will need to use our bigger luggage and check bags this time. We usually only take carry-ons, but with sweaters and layers I think we will have to check our luggage which kind of freaks me out...because what if it gets lost?! 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 That minion cake is so cute!!! I love it! Yay on moving in too!
  • Options
    @500days - yeah it was a bummer, weather wise. but what can you do? heaters would have made it immensely more enjoyable, though.
  • Options

@TwoDimes - If you have a chance, I'd love to see pictures of Indy's decorated collar!

@Peaseblossom55 - What do you mean by Cards Against Humanity style?

@jenjen047 - I'm so sorry to hear about all the bad news this weekend.

@labro - Kids love dinosaurs, DUH.

@lavenderfields13 - I'm so glad you had such an amazing honeymoon!

@bethsmiles - Camping is going to be so awesome! I hope you have a blast! Damn, do you deserve it too.

@futuremrshistorian - The cart looks incredible! What cute colors!

@speakeasy14 - Your party looks like it was hilarious and awesome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards