Not Engaged Yet

Just another manic Monday

Re: Just another manic Monday

• @casefac5 - HUGS. ive been in therapy 3 separate times in my life and have found it wonderfully helpful every time. taking the first step to reach out and make an appointment is huge, i give you credit for that. we're here for you!

@labro - idk why but i found the phrase "real NEYers" wayyyy too funny.  i think i need to go home.
  • thanks @goldenpenguin, hoping to get everything done this week! 

@beanbot2002 I hope Bean feels better ASAP, poor kid. It always sucks when something like that happens and the regular doc isn't open. That is sweet that he was thinking of the little girl- he sounds like he has such a good heart and is a really good kid. 

• @labro OMG I am dying

• labro said:
    @beanbot2002 That's the exact gif I shared. ;)<3

@mrsspence87 Hi! And welcome (and I mean that!)! Like I said, we love talk about everything (including weddings)! Many of us are OMHs or are engaged and there are some real NEYers around too.
    Really??? Fantastic! Same brain!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @caseface5 Sending lots of hugs I hope everything is ok.

@mrsspence87 hi and welcome!

Anniversary

• first - @jenjen047 love your sig gif! Have you seen the vid of the koala holding it's mother while she's in surgery? you might love :)

Thanks guys! Completely slipped my mind for an intro *oops!*

FI - Matt - is a sweetheart. He's a computer programmer {specifics I have no idea, but I refer to him as my person IT hahaha} We've been together 4yrs as of last March, and we've been living together 4yrs as of this past May. We are not entirely a typical relationship because after 2 months we lived together {extenuating circumstances - he was kicked out, but all is good now}

Everyone keeps asking if i'm nervous. Not even close! Anxious about making sure everything goes smoothly, and speaking in front of a crowd? Of course!
    We're getting married by a judge that his step-dad helped us find {his step-dad is an assistant crown attorney}

I have a short dress {Nicole Miller "cut the cake - jessica" if you're curious} and Christian Louboutin shoes. {*dying!*}

Matt got his suit this Sunday before my bridal shower, and my gosh the boy looks amazing! I got a tad emotional seeing him dressed up because I started to picture us at the end of the aisle.

Uhm .... OH! Our "aisle walk" is a tad different because I lost my dad suddenly April of 2014, so Matt and his mum are walking, then my mum and I are walking. Idea is joining of families, not "giving away bride for a goat"

Anything else, just ask!!
  • @caseface5 sending you all of the positive vibes <3
  • @caseface5 - Lots of hugs!! I've done therapy on and off and I've always found it to be really helpful. Good luck with your consultation!

• Thanks ladies for all the love. I'm just feeling really overwhelmed all of a sudden and still unable to make myself happy. Hopefully this will find out the issues and how to treat them. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @mrsspence87 - i will have to check out that video. i am obsessed w koalas because my last name sounds like koala (and because they are precious). but for my entire life whenever ive introduced myself and said "hi im Jenn K____" everyone has said "like the bear?????" (sdienote: koalas are not bears).

also BF and i moved in together unofficially 3 months after we met, so no judgement there. i say unofficially because he kept his own apartment for the next 5 months, but i think in those 5 months before he officially moved in, he slept maybe 10 nights total at his apartment?
    i love your dress! care to share a ring pic if you wear an e-ring? how did you and FI meet? what part of the country do you live in?
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @mrspence87 You should start an intro thread so we can give you all of our NEY hazing questions!

• @mrsspence87  - Hi! Welcome to NEY. Where are you from? How old are you? What do you do for a living? Do you like guacamole? Can you show us your best poop face (internet pic or gif, that is)?

• @caseface5 T&P your way lady! And lots of hugs.  Also, all the wine for you.
  • @jenjen047 Oh good I'm not alone! Haha! Matt ended up moving into my parents place {I was living at home} so it made a relatively good buffer.
    They are marsupials {i had to google the spelling lol} I get mad when people call them bears ;)

We met at a bowling alley. His best friend was dating a girl who was a mutual friend. He was to be set up with one of my friends, creeped her facebook and felt they wouldn't work out {but he was willing to try} and ended up seeing me in a shot with her. He creeps my fb.
    I previously made a joke to another friend - knowing my friend was suppose to be set up - "wouldn't it be funny if he liked me?"

Later, the friend who was suppose to be set up ended up pushing Matt and I together. There's no hard feelings, she realized quick it wouldn't work out with him and she's happy for me.

And I live in Canada {Ottawa specifically}

I hunted down a link to my engagement ring AND a pic of Matt's wedding band {side note: my wedding band is just plain white gold since I wanted to match my engagement ring}

my engagement ring {I chose it lol}
    {based on website, I wouldn't have bought it. much nicer in person! also, I bought at kiosk so amount is different}

Matt's wedding band:

It's such a good fit for him, but fair warning to any you ladies who enjoy this ring - if something happens, they can't cut the ring off. Matt has promised if he does anything on car or paintballing he will take ring off. The jeweler even said that "the finger would have to come off" 
  • Swazzle said:
    @mrsspence87  - Hi! Welcome to NEY. Where are you from? How old are you? What do you do for a living? Do you like guacamole? Can you show us your best poop face (internet pic or gif, that is)?
    Ottawa, Canada
    insolvency clerk {fancy name for 'i work at a bankruptcy firm and i'm basically the receptionist' lol}
    guac is good minus spice. i've had with lettuce mixed in, and that tasted quite good :)
    i can, but i don't have gifs right now. {doing this at work lol} but i can do my best later ;)
  • @caseface5 - Huge hugs.  I hope therapy is helpful for you...I've been when I lost my Dad and it was very, very helpful.  

@mrsspence87 - Hi and welcome.  Any fur babies?  Favorite adult beverage?
  • @caseface5 - Big big hugs, lady. Therapy is awesome, and good for you for doing it!!

@beanbot2002 - Sending so many hugs to Bean!! Poor guy :( Tell him Auntie BBQ loves him!

@jenjen047 - Being a Boston girl, did you appreciate the Tom Brady scene as much as I did?? That might have been the best part of the movie!

@mrsspence87 - Welcome! Just a couple FYI's - You may want to adjust your user name if it is in fact your future last name. The internet is a scary place. Also, the "can't cut off tungsten" is a myth. It CAN be removed in the event of an accident. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @labro - working on it!

@minskat30 - 2 fur babies :) and depends on mood. i love fruity girly drinks. When I was going to bar weekly {karaoke ...} I would have a vodka-cranberry
  • @caseface5 - Big big hugs, lady. Therapy is awesome, and good for you for doing it!!

@beanbot2002 - Sending so many hugs to Bean!! Poor guy :( Tell him Auntie BBQ loves him!

@jenjen047 - Being a Boston girl, did you appreciate the Tom Brady scene as much as I did?? That might have been the best part of the movie!

@mrsspence87 - Welcome! Just a couple FYI's - You may want to adjust your user name if it is in fact your future last name. The internet is a scary place. Also, the "can't cut off tungsten" is a myth. It CAN be removed in the event of an accident. 
    really!? Jeweler said otherwise! Good to know :D
    I'm kinda testing it out as potential future last name. I'm actually quite torn between changing or hyphenating.
  • for everyone who is curious more about me, I made a new thread to ask away:

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1060332/new-here-send-away-with-your-questions?new=1

really!? Jeweler said otherwise! Good to know :D
    I'm kinda testing it out as potential future last name. I'm actually quite torn between changing or hyphenating.
    What I'm saying is that you've given your first name, your FI's first name, and (I'm assuming) his last name. So we know your FI's full name, where you live, and what he does.

Internet security FTW.
    *holds hair* super blond. Wow didn't even think of that! I'll change things hahaha .... thank you!!!
  • @goldenpenguin - yes, LOVED the brady scene. i appreciated how they added a comment about his balls :)

@mrsspence87 - your ring is gorgeous!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @KeptInStitches Any online photos of the dress? I LOVE navy dresses! It's so flattering on anyone and great for any event!

I know how you feel about lawn equipment charges. Ugh. It seems like we figure out we need one thing, and then something else, and then something breaks down, and pretty soon we've spent $500 at Lowe's after 30 minutes. Hopefully you get a break on the big charges for awhile!

• @keptinstitches - pics of haircut please? :)
  • @labro, I don't recall the brand. If I get time to GIS later tonight, I will, otherwise I think I left the receipt in my mom's car (stupid me) ...

@jenjen047, maybe not this time. I'm a little sensitive on this one - there was a moment later that day when I was practically crying with my mom that "I look like a boy!"
  • Awww @KeptInStitches - I'm sure it looks lovely, though I can imagine it must have been a bit of a shock.  Did you say anything to the hair dresser?  Hugs.
  • @keptinstitches - awwww im sorry!! i second @twodimes that i hope it grows on you. and im sure it looks great, but i know what you mean. im always way more sensitive about my hair. *hugs*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards