Wedding Etiquette Forum

Engagement.

Re: Engagement.

• Sounds like she has bigger things to care about than you getting engaged, then.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • And it sounds like you need to MYOB and not be spreading her business around town.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• AddieCake said:

Sounds like she has bigger things to care about than you getting engaged, then.

Yeah like how they hell she going to pass that background check. She's going through it, I know that.
    It would be a waste of time, money, and school if it was ruined over him. I feel horrible for that situation. However, it was her choice too.
  • Wow, you are just a little pot stirrer aren't you? You should be blissed out that you are in Hawaii with your new fiance. Stay out of it, off the internet, and grab a drink!
  • luckya23 said:

Not saying that. She doesn't really want to be around the family and she obviously needs time alone.

HOLD UP

Are you including yourself in "the family"?  As in, her actual family? 

And when you say "there are now 5 of you so you had to move rooms" - did you horn in on this vacation bc of your engagement, or were you always scheduled to go?

No not at all. This was scheduled last year. I've been before all together.
  • luckya23 said:

I still haven't congratulated my "future sister in law" (we'll see) who almost got engaged at my wedding (thanks, MIL!). 

I only came in here to see if this was about me! lol

It might be lol. :wink:
  • I want to know how your sister found out about your engagement.  Did you or her brother tell her? Was it from an FB post?  I see nothing in your posts about you or your brother calling and telling her. Presumably, if you had actually told her, she would have said "Oh how nice, congratulations!" 

It sounds like she found out via social media or another person, and honestly, I would be incredibly hurt if I found out that way about a sibling's big news.  Maybe she's hurt that you guys didn't make the effort to tell her in person or at least give her a call.
    My FI told his family at the same time. Group text, probably wasn't the best way but that's how they regularly stay in touch.
  • AddieCake said:

Are you going to stick around? If so, please change your username one of these times while you're on here and not enjoying Hawaii.

I'm enjoying my time at the resort laying out. I can spend my time how I'd like. TK or not.
  • Are you going to stick around? If so, please change your username one of these times while you're on here and not enjoying Hawaii.
    I'm enjoying my time at the resort laying out. I can spend my time how I'd like. TK or not.
    Seems like a lot of TK to me...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I want to know how your sister found out about your engagement.  Did you or her brother tell her? Was it from an FB post?  I see nothing in your posts about you or your brother calling and telling her. Presumably, if you had actually told her, she would have said "Oh how nice, congratulations!" 

It sounds like she found out via social media or another person, and honestly, I would be incredibly hurt if I found out that way about a sibling's big news.  Maybe she's hurt that you guys didn't make the effort to tell her in person or at least give her a call.
    My FI told his family at the same time. Group text, probably wasn't the best way but that's how they regularly stay in touch.
    So you didn't tell people individually, but you expect individual congratulations?

• Congratulations on your engagement, OP!

...There, are you happy now? ;)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• MagicInk thing?

What'd I miss?

Or is it another one of those "we don't talk about it" things?
  • laceykeo said:

MagicInk thing?

What'd I miss?

Or is it another one of those "we don't talk about it" things?

"She" turned out to be a catfish.

• hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    Andddddd we've got ourselves a DD! Didn't see that one coming from a million miles away ;)

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited July 2015
    I want to know how your sister found out about your engagement.  Did you or her brother tell her? Was it from an FB post?  I see nothing in your posts about you or your brother calling and telling her. Presumably, if you had actually told her, she would have said "Oh how nice, congratulations!" 

Well, I know I'd be hurt if a sibling told me engagement news via a group text. But a group text does not necessarily call for everyone to respond immediately or give a call back.

As for catfishing, I'm lame.  I don't suspect anyone.  I don't pick up on any of these things.
  • luckya23luckya23 member
    edited July 2015
    Ever since the MagicInk/VulgarGirl thign went down, I've found myself being more and more suspicious... even about a semi-reg who I'd feel REALLY guilty about questioning if they were in fact real.
    Me too. I ask KR for IP checks all the time. I think we're all on high alert. 
    You can do that? Do they tell you (the mods) what they find? Because the person I'm suspicious of is well liked and I don't want to be lynched lol
    You think this person is well liked. Just look at the MI situation. Most people thought she was well liked, but many people were suspicious of her. 

I can't even think of anyone "well liked" enough to cause a virtual lynching.  I don't think there are really any teams right now, but maybe I'm oblivious.

ETA: But I'm glad it's not me! lol

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Can we please stop using "lynching" to describe a group of women on a wedding planning message board? Because that is wildly inappropriate. 

Also, "Lol I think someone is a catfish but I'm not going to say who someone please pay attention  to me" is AWing of the worst sort.

It's vaguebooking on a message board.
  • Because I'm 12:

• arrippa said:
    Can we please stop using "lynching" to describe a group of women on a wedding planning message board? Because that is wildly inappropriate. 

Also, "Lol I think someone is a catfish but I'm not going to say who someone please pay attention  to me" is AWing of the worst sort.

It's vaguebooking on a message board.
    Exactly.

FFS just say who you think is a catfish!

The worst that can happen is the person laughs at you and is like, "Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm real."

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards