Wedding Etiquette Forum

Engagement.

123457»

Re: Engagement.

• hellohkb said:

laceykeo said:

MagicInk thing?

What'd I miss?

Or is it another one of those "we don't talk about it" things?

"She" turned out to be a catfish.
    Wow...

Her advice/views were always so interesting, too...

I guess you never really know who you're talkin with.
  • arrippa said:
    Can we please stop using "lynching" to describe a group of women on a wedding planning message board? Because that is wildly inappropriate. 

Also, "Lol I think someone is a catfish but I'm not going to say who someone please pay attention  to me" is AWing of the worst sort.

It's vaguebooking on a message board.
    Exactly.

FFS just say who you think is a catfish!

The worst that can happen is the person laughs at you and is like, "Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm real."
    Yea, at this point people are going to get on you more for this shit, than for actually saying who you think the "catfish" is. Just come out with it.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• laceykeo said:

hellohkb said:

laceykeo said:

MagicInk thing?

What'd I miss?

Or is it another one of those "we don't talk about it" things?

"She" turned out to be a catfish.
    Wow...

Her advice/views were always so interesting, too...

I guess you never really know who you're talkin with.

To read what went down, go to Chit Chat, page three, about half way down to the "so uh hi" thread that's 20 pages long. Get a drink before reading.

Hearts to you :)

Be back later
  • I agree this was to stir shit up. It makes no sense to make this claim but then be afraid to say who. Now everyone is annoyed and wondering who it is and annoyed at you for the "teaser." Why say anything at all if you aren't going to follow through? Just keep it to yourself or privately tell someone you're close with what your suspicions are. If you won't say, I'm going to assume there isn't anyone and you just said it to cause drama. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Dammit! I missed all the fun. Pout.

• I think @loveislouder is a catfish and "she's" trying to throw the scent off of herself.
  • I think @loveislouder is a catfish and "she's" trying to throw the scent off of herself.
    I was going to joke that maybe this is her big catfish announcement lol. 

But are you So Mean? ;)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I totally feel like @loveislouder is Magic Ink.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I think someone mentioned catfish and it got me hungry, so now I'm having it for lunch: beer-battered and deep-fried, baby!!! It's delicious!
  • We have been catfished. linky
  • It's me. My name is really Bernard, I'm 47, single. and live in my mom's basement. I'm not even cold. I stick around here for TMI threads. 
    That was sufficiently creepy enough to give me a shiver!  Nice touch w/the TMI threads.  
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Wowsers. 

I didn't have the patience to read the OP wall of text but immediately thought it sounded fictitious. Like an overly dramatic Yelp review. But then, if you're gonna make up a story, at least make an interesting one, geeze. Throw in some dead bodies or something (just don't hide the bodies with potential bridesmaids. That doesn't make for good bridesmaids AT ALL). 

I'm happy to call out people that I think are full of shit. I wouldn't be offended if someone called me out if they thought I was full of shit. It's the internet- it's a fair question. 
  • @MobKaz and @MariePoppy; perfect, thank you :)
  • FiancB said:
    Wowsers. 

I didn't have the patience to read the OP wall of text but immediately thought it sounded fictitious. Like an overly dramatic Yelp review. But then, if you're gonna make up a story, at least make an interesting one, geeze. Throw in some dead bodies or something (just don't hide the bodies with potential bridesmaids. That doesn't make for good bridesmaids AT ALL). 

I'm happy to call out people that I think are full of shit. I wouldn't be offended if someone called me out if they thought I was full of shit. It's the internet- it's a fair question. 
    unrelated to this thread, but your sig picture makes me laugh every single time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards