Wedding Woes
Options

Open Letters -- Add your own

Dear Person Who Wants Me To Advertise in Your Crappy Publication After You Wrote An Editorial Slamming My Organization In Your Crappy Publication:

Perhaps, if your behavior and actions in our community were more professional, I would be more inclined to support your publication. However, since your behavior and actions are not, I'd like to kindly invite you to go fuck yourself." [am I still allowed curse, b/c I need to]

Love,

The people that work in this community while you sit on your ass and bitch and Varuna, their spokesperson

Re: Open Letters -- Add your own

• Options
    Dear NHL

Sidney Crosby should have gotten at least a fucking penalty or a game suspension.
    Slashing isn't allowed.

Get off his fucking dick and make proper calls.

Sincerely,
    Anyone who saw the play, even this girl who doesn't like or know hockey.
  • Options
    Dear Fedex Smartpost,

I still don't know why you exist.

Sincerely,
    Someone who NEEDS her foundation. 
    what kind?
  • Options
    Dear Fedex Smartpost,

Sincerely,
    what kind?
    I'm trying coverproof by wunder2 since I LOVE their line (I have the wunderlift, wunderbrow and wunderextension).  I know shipping is "free", so I should shut my trap, but shipping is free on amazon and only 2 days.

http://www.wunder2.com/product/coverproof-foundation

• Options
    Dear Fedex Smartpost,

Sincerely,

I hate FedEx Smartpost with the heat of 10,000 suns.
  • Options
    Dear Bossman (again),

We are busy.  No argument there.  My task list is a mile long, and I'm sure yours is, too.  But I cannot manage to meet ANY of my imminently looming deadlines if you are coming into my office every five minutes with a fifteen minute conversation about how this also needs to be done AND IT'S A PRIORITY, and I need to do this laundry list of things to accommodate that.  I agree that it needs to be done. Not everything can be a top priority.  Especially if you make what should be a 30second conversation last much longer than necessary.

Sincerely,

Your excitability is overwhelming me, derailing my productivity and already frazzled train of thought, while also adding hours to my day.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Dear Bossman,

You are literally one of the worst human beings that I have ever had the misfortune of knowing for more reasons than I can even put into words. 

Sincerely,
    And you want to know why I don't like you?

-----------------------------------------

Dear everyone I work with except for maybe 2 people,

Y'all suck. You are mean, conniving, backstabbing SOBs. You are lazy, disorganized, and rude. Take some responsibility if you make a mistake. Quit spending all your time trying to get other people fired and mind your own business. Also, refill the water in the Keurig if you use the last of it. That's called being a decent human being (which you might not know anything about). 

Sincerely, 
    One tired and miserable TFB

• Options
    Dear Arkansas B&B,

I want to show my SO the beautiful country of USA. We've never willfully hurt anyone; we don't even kill insects and spiders in our home. We're sorry we practice a religion you despise (and likely don't understand). But please don't try to mandate me to remove my head covering so I can stay with you. 

Sincerely, 
    We just wanted to support a local business in the town my father used to volunteer. 
  • Options
    Dear Arkansas B&B,

I want to show my SO the beautiful country of USA. We've never willfully hurt anyone; we don't even kill insects and spiders in our home. We're sorry we practice a religion you despise (and likely don't understand). But please don't try to mandate me to remove my head covering so I can stay with you. 

Sincerely, 
    We just wanted to support a local business in the town my father used to volunteer. 
    Ugh, really? That is awful.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Dear People,

Do you know how much I hate having to walk behind you all, asking and re-asking and following and re-following up to see if you've done your work?  Just do it.  You're all grown ass people, you all seem to have a vested interest in this event, so just freaking do it.  I recognize and understand that we are all volunteer and have lives, I've had to reprioritize mine right now to focus on this.  You can and should do the same.

Love,

The person who is tired of wiping your ass too
  • Options
    Dear Student, 
    Read the damn syllabus. All of the questions you emailed me repeatedly about are answered, clearly, in that document. Or try coming to class on time when I answered these questions in the last two class periods. 

Signed, 
    A broken record. 
  • Options
    Dear Mutt:

When we take you out to go potty, that is not the time to bark at cars, other dogs, birds, or squirrels. That goes double when I have to go to work and FW has to go to class.

Love,
    Your moms
  • Options
    Dear Neighbor-Colleagues,

We work in an open-office configuration.  When you invite 30+ teenagers to visit for the week, it would be nice if you could keep the shrieking to a minimum.  I don't really need to know how done with senior year they are.  I'm not that interested in what they thought of the dining hall.  (However, if they can explain the whole Becky with the good hair thing, I might listen.)

Sincerely,
    I won't have come back from vacation if I'd known this was happening this week
    Anniversary

• Options
    JaxInBlue said:
    Dear Neighbor-Colleagues,

We work in an open-office configuration.  When you invite 30+ teenagers to visit for the week, it would be nice if you could keep the shrieking to a minimum.  I don't really need to know how done with senior year they are.  I'm not that interested in what they thought of the dining hall.  (However, if they can explain the whole Becky with the good hair thing, I might listen.)

Sincerely,
    I won't have come back from vacation if I'd known this was happening this week
    I've heard a few theories fyi
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    levioosa said:
    Dear Professor,

No, I'm not impressed that you volunteer at a "Life Center."  I'm not impressed that you convinced a 16 year old considering abortion to watch an ultrasound for "proof of life."  And I think it's really fucked up that you are trying to formulate a study that has women visiting health centers watch their ultrasounds before they get their abortions.  And then you have the gall to talk about morals and ethics as it relates to research?  You are manipulating people to fit your own agenda. Fuck you.  Fuck. You. 

Sincerely,

So Done With This Conservative College

P.S. Qualitative research is not the same as quantitative research.  Stop trying to make them equal--they're not.  
    Dear Leviosa,
    I agree with so much of this except for a few things; as a quantitative researcher, good qualitative research is just as rigorous, just as valuable to the scientific community if done right. Not acedotes, but actual case studies or field work developed within scientific standards. Science is about the method, there can be good (or bad) qualitiative research just as easily as there can be good or bad quantitative research, it's not the method but if it follows the scientific method. 

Also, while I find what she's doing it dishonest at best (personally I find much of these "life centers" pretty dishonest in their approach) the academic freedom that allows her to do this, protects me when I research the effects of abortion, BC access, and TRAP laws. If in order to do what I do I have to tolerate what she does that's the bargain we make for academic freedom; and trust the peer review process keeps her work from being published. 

Signed,
    Someone in a state where tenure, academic freedom, and abortion are under threat from the legislature. 

ETA: didn't mean for that to come off super snarky. I would be frustrated as a student as well. 
  • Options
    Dear Left Eye

Quit watering. Enough of this b.s!!

Thanks

Dear Mother Nature,

What did we do to piss you off? I thought we had spring and now the forecast has 10cm of snow coming between tonight and tomorrow?

Whyyyyy

Sincerely,
    Sick of Winter
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    levioosa said:
    Dear Professor,

No, I'm not impressed that you volunteer at a "Life Center."  I'm not impressed that you convinced a 16 year old considering abortion to watch an ultrasound for "proof of life."  And I think it's really fucked up that you are trying to formulate a study that has women visiting health centers watch their ultrasounds before they get their abortions.  And then you have the gall to talk about morals and ethics as it relates to research?  You are manipulating people to fit your own agenda. Fuck you.  Fuck. You. 

Sincerely,

So Done With This Conservative College

P.S. Qualitative research is not the same as quantitative research.  Stop trying to make them equal--they're not.  
    I hate this so, so much.  Women are not stupid.  We know what an embryo/fetus is.  Your study says a lot more about what you think of women than what women actually think. 

Also, I have read that this is absolutely devastating for women who have to terminate a wanted pregnancy.
    YUP. If we had had to terminate ours, there was this kind of bullshit plus mandatory education, and a waiting period. Like I couldn't just go to a clinic and get it done. I would have had to go, talk about options, get education on "alternatives" (i.e. staying pregnant with a baby that won't survive), and have time to mull it all over....just in case I wasn't heartbroken and distraught enough. Please, rub in all the salt. 
    *********************************************************************************