Wedding Woes
Options

Open Letters -- Add your own

Re: Open Letters -- Add your own

• Options
    Dear bladder:
    I do not have time to pee every 30-45 minutes. And when my morning/evening commute each lasts an hour or more, this is highly inconvenient. It's also irritating to have to leave a meeting. If you could please get yourself sorted out I would really appreciate it. 

Thank you,
    Sparkle[dry]pants
    Shall we start calling you TinklePants? :);)
    OMG I'm CRYING right now I'm laughing so hard at this!!!
  • Options
    Dear @ourwildkingdom,

ever since you brought up the song "(cell block tango) He had it coming" in the other thread, I've had the song in my head and I'm looking for tickets to see it on stage again. 

Ironically enough, DH and i just saw the movie since it was listed in the "whats new" section on netflix. 

signed, 
    someone who just swore off musicals 

• Options
    Dear @ourwildkingdom,

ever since you brought up the song "(cell block tango) He had it coming" in the other thread, I've had the song in my head and I'm looking for tickets to see it on stage again. 

Ironically enough, DH and i just saw the movie since it was listed in the "whats new" section on netflix. 

signed, 
    How does someone swear off musicals? {i'm really having a hard time not quipping NPH right now}
  • Options
    Dear @ourwildkingdom,

signed, 
    How does someone swear off musicals? {i'm really having a hard time not quipping NPH right now}
    I spend a lot of money on them, and lately, all I get are people's heads in my way.  It makes musicals a nuisance more than enjoyable.  I think I'm "front row or bust" at this point. 

• Options
    Dear Toll Free Number,

Quit calling us after 11:00 P.M. You wake us up and we don't want whatever you are selling anyway.

Signed,

I'm pretty sure we are on the do not call list.
  • Options
    Dear Toll Free Number,

Quit calling us after 11:00 P.M. You wake us up and we don't want whatever you are selling anyway.

Signed,

Idk how true this is, but being on that list pops you up on other people's lists. It's irritating.
    Also ... look into telemarketer laws, I'm pretty sure they have only certain times they can call.
  • Options
    Dear Toll Free Number,

Signed,

Idk how true this is, but being on that list pops you up on other people's lists. It's irritating.
    Also ... look into telemarketer laws, I'm pretty sure they have only certain times they can call.
    They can only call between 8am-9pm.
  • Options
    Dear Toll Free Number,

Signed,

In Canada I think it's 9am-8pm
  • Options
    Dear Toll Free Number,

Signed,

They also can't robo-call.  Which pretty much all of them do.

Though I think robo-calling is allowed if a company has legitimate business with you.  Because I "love" getting those from my medical insurance company.  A robo-call telling me it is very important to call this number (says the number).  I call that number and it's also a recording.  To remind me of how important dental visits are to one's general health.

I'm not their 5-year-old child.  They're my medical, not dental, insurance people.  I hate them and their pointless, time wasting calls with the heat of 1,000 suns.  But I always call the number they give me, just in case and for once, it actually is an important call.  I'm such a sucker (sigh). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dear Toll Free Number,

Signed,

Sounds like a scammer. The rules for the no call list and/or bill collectors only apply to legit companies (not that all adhere).
  • Options
    Dear Toll Free Number,

Signed,

Sounds like a scammer. The rules for the no call list and/or bill collectors only apply to legit companies (not that all adhere).
    I was wondering about that. I checked to verify that I signed up for the do not call list - yep many years ago! Does anyone know what can be done about these calls. It seriously has happened the last two nights!
  • Options
    Dear Toll Free Number,

Signed,

I was wondering about that. I checked to verify that I signed up for the do not call list - yep many years ago! Does anyone know what can be done about these calls. It seriously has happened the last two nights!

If it's your cell phone, you can block the number.  Different companies have different ways to do that.  I have Metro PCS and have to pay $1/month to have that feature, but I think a lot of plans include a blocking feature for no additional cost.

Though, at least with my phone, it will sometimes still ring for a couple rings.

If it's your landline, probably something similar.  But I haven't had a landline in ages and am out of touch with how they do stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dear Toll Free Number,

Signed,

If it's your cell phone, you can block the number.  Different companies have different ways to do that.  I have Metro PCS and have to pay $1/month to have that feature, but I think a lot of plans include a blocking feature for no additional cost.

Though, at least with my phone, it will sometimes still ring for a couple rings.

If it's your landline, probably something similar.  But I haven't had a landline in ages and am out of touch with how they do stuff.

Landline not cell phone.I'll check with the phone company. Thanks.
  • Options
    Dear Flyers;

Release yourselves!!!

xo
    anxious grocery shopper
  • Options

Dear TK (and your associated website The Nest),

There are millions of websites on this planet who manage to never/rarely have login problems.  So WTF is this never ending goddamn login problems with you?  BTW, when you don't have users, nobody wants to advertise with you.  I think the fee for an IT consultant every once in awhile would give a 1,000x ROI.

Signed,

A Miracle I Was Even Able to Login and Post This

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rude/Inattentive Drivers Everywhere,

Shaving 5 seconds off your drive is NOT worth causing an accident that kills or badly injures someone and/or causes thousands in property damage.  PAY ATTENTION to what you are doing on the road and/or stop being that worthless human being who thinks their time is SO much more valuable than everybody else's.

Signed,

Driver Tired of Swerving and Slamming on My Brakes to Avoid Your Dumb Ass

I legit assumed I was the only one having this problem w/ the log in.
    Drives. Me. NUTS.

• Options
    @QueridaSara  go to your local pet store and as about a pheromone plug in. I had same issue when we got our cat and that helped her calm tf down :)
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger - a pheromone plug in? Neat!  our friend owns a doggie daycare / boarding / pet store, and he has tons of cool stuff.   I'll look into it.  Thank you :)

• Options
    @QueridaSara  No prob. Idk what it's called but it works ;) good luck! and i wanna see a picture of kitteh when you can!
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Feliway is theh phermone plug in for cats.
    (my devil is immune :P)
  • Options

Dear TK (and your associated website The Nest),

There are millions of websites on this planet who manage to never/rarely have login problems.  So WTF is this never ending goddamn login problems with you?  BTW, when you don't have users, nobody wants to advertise with you.  I think the fee for an IT consultant every once in awhile would give a 1,000x ROI.

Signed,

A Miracle I Was Even Able to Login and Post This

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rude/Inattentive Drivers Everywhere,

Shaving 5 seconds off your drive is NOT worth causing an accident that kills or badly injures someone and/or causes thousands in property damage.  PAY ATTENTION to what you are doing on the road and/or stop being that worthless human being who thinks their time is SO much more valuable than everybody else's.

Signed,

Driver Tired of Swerving and Slamming on My Brakes to Avoid Your Dumb Ass

I legit assumed I was the only one having this problem w/ the log in.
    Drives. Me. NUTS.

Nope, you're definitely not the only one. It's a very common complaint here.
  • Options

Dear @ourwildkingdom,

signed, 

I spend a lot of money on them, and lately, all I get are people's heads in my way.  It makes musicals a nuisance more than enjoyable.  I think I'm "front row or bust" at this point. 

More than once, I have politely asked the person in front of me to please slump down or slouch because I'm vertically challenged :) it does actually work!
    Met: 5/4/16
    Dating: 6/21/16
    Engaged: 3/20/17
    Wedding: 2/24/18
  • Options

Dear Digestive System:

I'm not sure what's going on with you, but cut it out. I'm going to a GI doctor next week and I'm requesting a colonoscopy. I'm not 50 and will have to pay, but I just want to be sure there is nothing going on.

• Options

Dear Body,

I realize I am swiftly approaching 40, but a Friday morning hangover after 3.5 glasses of beer over a 4.5 hour period with plenty of water in between?! What the heck? Thanks for making Friday awesome.