Wedding Woes
Options

90 Day Fiance

15678911»

Re: 90 Day Fiance

• Options
    Memphis did look great - but the dress? Not a fan of the top cut.

I thought the same thing for the promo/commercial.  They really went all out!

on my FB page, someone said “oh no Ben didn’t just call her a preditor!”
    my response: I think, for Kim, she handled herself pretty well though. She just stared him down and then told him what she thought of him.  She could have poured water all over Ben.  Or slapped him.  Or had Will Smith do it. 🤣 (too soon?)

• Options
    @CharmedPam, so true, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The whole tell all was hypocracy. Everyone commenting on everyone eles’ realationships. Did they forget the last three months of their scripts?

Pillowtalk was worth watching for Veronica and Tim though. 

• Options
    @CharmedPam, That was a terrible Tell-All!  I usually really like them.  That's typically where some of the questions I've had during the season get answered.  But they didn't dive into anything!

Jasmine was my favorite person on it.  She was almost the only one calling people out and asking for their response.

And, yes, so much hypocrisy.  I was LMAO when one cast member was calling someone out for things they totally did themselves.

Like every comment Ben said about Mike or vice versa, lol.  No, you both are pathetic for chasing women that obviously don't want you.

Or Jasmine berating Ximena so many times because Mike paid her way.  Girl!  You met Gino on a sugar baby website!  I realize that Jasmine genuinely loves and cares for Gino, while Ximena does not have those feelings for Mike.  But still.  Gino's paying her rent and bills, so she shouldn't be slamming Ximena for doing the same thing with Mike.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Right! Jasmine and Hamza are my season faves but she’s also hypocritical because he’s paying for a lot of her shit too.  I loce when she told Mike she had friends for him, and they weren’t crazy like her. 

It was lackluster. 

Some speculation that Memphis left early because she wanted her story skipped.. because there are rumors the baby isn’t Hamza’s…

• Options
    Right! Jasmine and Hamza are my season faves but she’s also hypocritical because he’s paying for a lot of her shit too.  I loce when she told Mike she had friends for him, and they weren’t crazy like her. 

It was lackluster. 

Some speculation that Memphis left early because she wanted her story skipped.. because there are rumors the baby isn’t Hamza’s…

SIB:
    Yes!  That is a main topic of conversation on the sub-Reddit.  I'm not doubting the baby is Hamza's.  I think that's a lot of internet gossip because people don't understand she could have had a pregnancy test be positive that quickly.

But I do think she ducked out because she didn't want to be grilled like the other cast members.  I'm side-eying her on that.  I hope TLC only paid Hamza and not her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This cracked me up

• Options
    My thoughts on the new cast.

holy crap! I like them all.  They all seem reasonable. And I like the family & friends of them too.  They all seem like a good support systems.  Especially the ex of Bilal. It’s great that they can remain amicable. This season doesn’t seem like it would have crazy drama so far (so that can be boring lol) and they DON’T seem to be actors. Good! The Ben/Mahogany thing was so stupid but I know they needed a filler. 

I did kinda raise my eyebrow when Kara said Guillermo was a young boy. Ummm there’s only 6 years difference? She’s also young! But I guess meeting him at 21, he really was young.

• Options
    I like them also, except Bilal.  One of the things I've always preferred about 90DF-the OG, is NONE of the relationships will be fakes.  There might be made-up drama.  But no one is going through the K-1 visa process in the hopes of being on a tv show.

I'm also happy that there are finally a few good looking guys, lol.  The entire 90DF years of cast members have had a lot of good looking women.  But the cute guys are few and far between.

I don't like Bilal because he gives off a controlling vibe and whatever games he is playing with his fiancee when she first gets there, sound cruel and childish.  But agree I liked both his ex and his sister.

I also liked Jibri's (sp?) parents.  Especially his mom.  She wasn't putting up with any of his bs.  Someone on the sub-Reddit nicknamed him Jibberish.  So appropriately named, lmao.  But I don't think he's a bad person.  I just think he and his fiancee are both young and immature.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I’m going to be real with you.  If I had money, I may test the person I’m dating and do what Bilal did too.  Of course not for weeks on end, but I’d like to know someone is with me for me and not my money.  But this will never happen because unless I win on some scratch offs, I’ll never be in money. 

I like Yvette. The balloon girl annoys me. I forgot her name.  Lol.  Also how can you support someone on a visa when your job is balloon creations? Is there that much money in that kinda stuff?

When Emily was holding up her lingerie I was like… um… I hate to be rude, but from one big girl to another…. are those gonna fit? But my fb pages were blowing up with the same comments.  I feel like TLC just threw a bunch of them on the bed for props.  I see why SHE would want a night alone with him, she’s with her son 24/7 but it looks like on the next ep, he’s a bit mad that he can’t see his son right away.  And I get that (but also if she has sitters for that one night - and lives with them - why does she have to be away that one night? Why not change it for a romantic getaway later?).

If you want a good cry, watch 90 Day Diaries. Ukraine (although David’s part is a bit weird) and then the last ep had Anny and Robert apparently (haven’t seen it) are on it with their son’s issues. 

• Options
    The biggest problem I have with Bilal is I don't feel that was a fair test.  It's one thing to take her to a modest house in good condition.  But that house had years of deferred maintenance.  Plus, he had told her he was a REA and flipper.  So I could see where she might be freaking out that he lied to her about one of his sources of income.  Because if he was a flipper, than his own home wouldn't have the ceilings about cave-in and no faucet for the kitchen sink.

He's actually the only person I don't like, so far.  Some of the others definitely have their issues, but he has actively been a big jerk in a few ways.

There is a lot of hate online for Kara (balloon girl) and I'm not really sure why.  She seems to really rub people the wrong way, which is fair enough, but I don't have an issue with her (yet).

I like Yvette also, but there is always going to be online hate for the May-December romances in the show.  I don't have those same feelings, because people often love who they love and age isn't a factor for them.  Though I realize it can sometimes be a power imbalance.  But I felt bad for her when she was talking about comments like "why would he date you, he's so much younger, it must be for a green card".  As if she's "not worthy" because of her age.  When in reality, she seems like quite a catch!

On Emily.  Ugh, it's sometimes why I hate TLC even for all the amusing trash they bring.  Emily's a beautiful woman who is already sensitive about her weight.  I wish she had refused to film a scene that was for no other reason than for people to make fun of her.  Yes, that lingerie is obviously the wrong sizes.  But, if she'd held up lingerie the appropriate sizes, than people would have been making fun of how "big" they were.

I did watch the special 90DF Ukraine.  It brings the sadness and tragedy so much closer when you see peoples' individual stories.

On a lighter note, Mylah was so cute with each pigtail bow, one of the colors of the Ukranian flag.  And I recognized that protest/awareness event was at the Lakeside mall parking lot in Metairie (suburb of NOLA).  I think there had been another one, at some point, around NOLA's City Hall.  I heard Yara and Mylah went to that one also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think it was Karla’s making fun of him being a toddler that grinded my gears.  Just the stuff she was saying aboutt the age difference.  There’s 6 years.  We get it. You’re older. Treat him like an equal though.

Bilal and Shaeedah’s welcome and drive home was probably the most unromantic one to date.  Their chemistry level is zero to me.

i love Mylah, she’s so cute! I thought I heard they were out of the whole NOLA area though? And that Jovi quite his job that made him travel so much?

• Options
    I think it was Karla’s making fun of him being a toddler that grinded my gears.  Just the stuff she was saying aboutt the age difference.  There’s 6 years.  We get it. You’re older. Treat him like an equal though.

Bilal and Shaeedah’s welcome and drive home was probably the most unromantic one to date.  Their chemistry level is zero to me.

i love Mylah, she’s so cute! I thought I heard they were out of the whole NOLA area though? And that Jovi quite his job that made him travel so much?
    They left New Orleans proper.  But are still in one of the suburbs.  They live in an area called the Northshore, which is on the other side of Lake Ponchartrain from NOLA.  There is a 26-mile causeway bridge that connects the north and south shore.

On the South Shore side, that causeway dumps out into Metairie.  The end of that bridge is only about half a mile away from the Lakeside mall, that was having the demonstration televised in that 90DF special.

I had also heard Jovi quit his job, that required so much traveling.  But it sounds like he is still doing the same thing...which means he is still making $$$$$...just in a position that stays local. 

Both her and his brother were making way too big a deal about their "age difference", but it still didn't put me against her.

Though that reminds me.  I went out on a couple dates in my single days with this guy, who was two months younger than me.  So, just for context, we were in our early 20s.

He mentioned a number of times how he had never dated an older woman before.  And not in a joking way.  I let it slide the first time he said it, but then pointed out the obvious and said something like, "But, I'm really not older than you.  We're the same age."  He replied with, "Yeah, but you're still older."

I know it was a minor thing.  But it was really off-putting.  Like, what is wrong with him that he has such a weird fixation on something so trivial.  I gave him a second chance with the second date, but he still brought it up and I just couldn't anymore, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I heard the funniest comment about Jibri on the 90DF sub-Reddit.

The poster claimed it's a saying from TX.  I've never heard it, but now I'm hoping to have the opportunity someday, lol.

"He is all hat...and no cattle."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good one @short+sassy.  Btw, I’m massively attracted to cowboys.  The ones with hats and cattle though. 

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2022
    Wake me up when this season is over. I guess I need drama? I did get emotional watching Kobe get emotional meeting his son for the first time. So far, they’re my favorite couple.  
    I like Yvette and Mohamed too.  He said something last ep like “you’ll get the bidet done” or something which alot of people didn’t like but I’m chalking it up to him just not interpreting his language into English.  He meant “we’ll get the bidet done” I’m sure.
    Kara and I couldn’t be a couple.  She’s to responsible with her money.  Or maybe she’s only responsible with it because it’s not something for her? Maybe if she wanted a laptop, she wouldn’t be so hesitant to dig into savings. Sorry, I still don’t like her. I like Guillermo though. He’s so cute & innocent.
    I’m in Ari’s side. Bini’s sister’s are rude. Can’t even say bye like civil people? Seeeeee ya. Nope, you don’t need to say goodbye to Avi. It’s cold out.  Lol. Btw, I really think Bini is hanging onto the relationship for his son’s sake. I forgot about his situation with his first born and how his ex keeps him from his son. That’s got to hit double hard for Bini. He’d be torn into two again to have a repeat situation.
    And the new couple, Patrick and Thais… not feeling either of them either.
    edit because I missed the first go around.  Jabril saying he’s being treated like a child because they’re asked to make dinners. LOL. That’s opposite of being treated like a child. You’re being treated like an adult who has to provide their own meals. And also - those pre made pasta bags aren’t THAT bad !

🙄 

• Options
    This gave me anxiety. No way was OCD Bilal
    ok with it. I don’t even have OCD and I was cringing.

Speaking of cringing. Did you see Guillermo’s face during the interrogation- I mean dinner? The poor guy.  He’s so even keeled.  Let him have a nice dinner ffs. And I’m starting to like controlling Kiara more than I like controlling Emily.  I felt bad for Kobe.  There’s honestly not a lot of women this season I do like.  Yve is still OK in my books, but girl, take a day off to show Mohamed around for one day! UNLESS she used all her vaca days visiting him in the past?  I don’t like the fact that he needs her to cook for him. Btw she uses the same olive oil spray that I do.  Costco. Lol. When she left I was like “um did you even show him how to use the Stove? I’m a gas stove girl.  That’s electric. I’d need a run down myself! He’s gonna burn the place down!
    Ari’s apartment fiasco seems fake. Don’t tell me her and her parents didn’t do a run down on what they think Ari could make once she gets a job and what they can afford monthly?

• Options
    So far, I like Shaeeda.  Yve seems fine as a person, though I think she is a total idiot for getting involved with such a massively chauvinistic guy.  Nobody is good looking enough for that bs.  From what I've heard, there is very low regard for women in Egypt overall and it's a dangerous place to travel to because of that.

I don't dislike Kiara as much as most people.  But it's like she doesn't have a filter.  How many times did she have to mention and laugh about that her uncle might beat Guillermo up?  That was already a nervous situation for him, so why would she make it worse.

Emily is the worst.  I can't believe she kicked Kobe out of bed on his first night in the house.

I was a little surprised how many people online were also giving her s**t about still breastfeeding her son.  That's uncalled for and not their business, same as it is for Kobe.  He can calmly give his opinion and have a discussion about it, but it's ultimately her decision.  Instead, he was ordering her around about it.

However, if there wasn't going to be room Kobe to sleep in the same bed with her and she didn't have the funds for a bigger bed, than she should have already been training her son to sleep in his crib.  I think she has a slightly unhealthy attachment to her son that is going to make it harder for Kobe to bond.  And if they don't move him to a crib, it will be a nightmare about a year from now, when it's time for him to move to his own bed.

As an aside, while it's okay for a baby 12 months or older to sleep in the same bed as their parent(s), it is dangerous for a baby younger than that to.  It gave the impression she has always slept in bed with him, which had me alarmed.  Babies die every year because they accidentally get smothered by their sleeping parent(s).  This is common knowledge, especially for new parents, so I hope she at least waited until he was over 12 months. 

Ari and Bini.  While I think it's eyerolling and ridiculous that her parents have been bankrolling these two grown-ass adults for years, I did partially agree with Ari on this one.

She told her parents funds would be limited when they first got there.  She said they could make do with a one-bedroom.  It was the mom who decided they needed a nicer, more spacious apartment.

However, Ari needs to get OFF HER ASS AND GET A JOB.  What I think would be fair is for them to be given two months max. to start paying for some of the rent.  At least as much as what a one-bedroom apartment would have been.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The 90DF facebook group I’m in called out Kara and her balloon wall. Didn’t look great. Hopefully she did it as a favor to them and not a paid gig? I found it funny others in my group thought it was awful looking too. I still think they’re not going to last. Her and G, not the balloons.  Well, maybe the balloons too. 

And Emily…Using her astrological sign as an excuse for being a B.  I’m a Virgo too, so I get the control thing. In a way, I have to have some control on most things too. But I’m not nasty about it. Or maybe I am? Maybe that’s why I’m a crotchety old lady no one wants? 

This season still is a lil boring

• Options
    I've been enjoying the season.  But, yes, you'd think Kara would have done something more impressive.  Especially since she knew it would be on national television.

I'm surprised I like Miona.  She's understandably getting a lot of hate because of her blackfishing.  I also think she's a bit immature and unrealistic.  But, overall, she's stood up for herself when Jibri's mom has been so hateful.  And did it with calm and grace.

There's a lot of hate online for Ari also.  I don't particularly like Ari, because I don't have very much respect for grown adults who expect their parents to fund their lifestyle.  But I don't think there's anything hateful about her either.  Bini gets a lot of online love, but I think he's worse.  I think he likes Ari, but doesn't love her.  He is with her because of their son.  He's just as much a moocher.  However, he's good looking and more personable, so people like him.

I don't even think Emily deserves quite all the hate she's gotten.  She is definitely too overbearing and needs to back off, so Kobe can have some quality time with his son.  But I feel like a lot of it is an adjustment for her also.  Sometimes mothers can be extra protective of their children, even with the child's own father.  I remember Pao would barely let Russ hold their baby for the first few months he was born.  Someone on the sub-Reddit was talking about that Kobe has a lot of negatives also but, he gets so much online love, because he's so much better compared to Emily.

I was horrified by Yve's friends.  Mohammad is awful and chauvinistic, but they NEVER would have asked such personal questions if he was white, non-Muslim, and/or older. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Make note: I have to get married in Virginia. $7,500 for that venue is a reasonable price.  Heck, I’d even throw down the extra $3,000 for a Saturday event! Although I did agree with Kara about showing him how much it was when they didn’t have that money.  It may take 2 years or more to save for the wedding they want, and that’s OK.

I guess what they say about men and women being mad at each other is true. Men will fight it out and then it’s all over and everything’s good. Women stop speaking to one another for years until someone apologizes. I couldn’t beileve how fast they got over that! My friend something to me years ago and we didn’t talk for almost 3 years!

Who wraps up lingerie to open in a nice restaurant? Also, Thais mentioned twice how much better looking she was than the girl Patrick was talking to AND the girls in the house.  I wouldn’t say they were “very ugly”, Patrick.  Also, I don’t think Thais is that amazing herself nor is he.  She’s going to have to accept reality and accept that there ARE prettier girls than her, and some may be around him at times too.

Mohammad has a good point about Yve having to accept his religion if he’s really serious about her not having to convert for him but acknowledging his own. 

Is anyone watching 90 Day: Love in paradise? I like the couples this season over last.

• Options
    Kara might be a bit too controlling, but she is one of the few people who is practical with her money on this series.  I appreciated she showed Guillermo what she was talking about, instead of just telling him no.  Now he can at least feel part of the process and decision making.

I liked Jibri's bandmate, Brandi.  It's nice that she is good friends with Miona.  At least Miona had someone to go wedding dress shopping with.

I feel like Mohammad is the one not accepting Yve.  Because it goes both ways.  She's accepting of his religion but, understandably, doesn't want to necessarily follow those rules because it isn't her religion.

I didn't even know Love in Paradise, season 2 was on.  Until I saw the commercials last night.  I have Discovery+, but don't watch it very often.  I'm excited to have new fodder.

I also heard that 90DF UK is going to air on June 24th.  I'm not sure if it will be on main channels in the US, but have heard it will at least be on Discovery+.  Really looking forward to that.  It will be nice to see another country's citizens looking like AHs, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Is that UK the one they have on D+ diaries already? It was so sad! 

Brandi seems so nice and level headed.  But she’s gorgeous. Shouldn’t Thais be threatened by her too? 

Eta: wait, I’m getting my couples mixed up.  Thais is the insecure one with Patrick, and wouldn’t be ok with him having a female friend, never mind an attractive one.  It’s Miona that’s friends with Brandi, which is working out. 

• Options
    Is that UK the one they have on D+ diaries already? It was so sad! 

Brandi seems so nice and level headed.  But she’s gorgeous. Shouldn’t Thais be threatened by her too? 
    I'm not sure.  I heard rumors about the show last year.  Then there was recently a Reddit post that it was airing in the UK on June 24th.  But it might be on D+ sooner than that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So Veronica’s job/net worth is coming up a lot lately on facegroup pages and someone asked what she does that she can afford her lifestyle?

some comments
    ”Tim makes a lot, he could be supporting her?”
    (Tim and Veronica are FRIENDS.  I don’t know about you, but none of my friends support me!)
    ”she was married once, maybe alimony/child support?”

i love the clapback though. “No. She works hard and earns it”. Shocker! A woman making a living on her own and supporting herself, and supporting herself rather well. Who would have thought?

• Options
    So Veronica’s job/net worth is coming up a lot lately on facegroup pages and someone asked what she does that she can afford her lifestyle?

some comments
    ”Tim makes a lot, he could be supporting her?”
    (Tim and Veronica are FRIENDS.  I don’t know about you, but none of my friends support me!)
    ”she was married once, maybe alimony/child support?”

i love the clapback though. “No. She works hard and earns it”. Shocker! A woman making a living on her own and supporting herself, and supporting herself rather well. Who would have thought?
    Oh!  You mean like you and I?  And many of the women on WW?  Sure.  Some of us are married, myself included, but I'm the breadwinner.

That is eyerolling.

I'm pretty sure she is an insurance agent, like car/property type insurance.

Plus, they live in Charlotte, NC.  I'm pretty sure that's a MCOL city.  I just checked it out on realtor.com.  You can get nice, good sized suburban houses like the one she lives in for $400K-$500K.  Nothing to sneeze at, but not totally unattainable either.  And that's today's prices.  She's owned that house for at least a few years, before the current housing bubble, so I'm sure she paid a lot less than whatever it is currently worth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker