Wedding Woes

90 Day Fiance

Re: 90 Day Fiance

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Angela is just a jerk to him. I like how the guy at the store is just like wow she just started yelling the moment he answered the phone 

Elizabeth/Andrei - the RV is weird. That’s way too many people. But it seems like they’re just using it as a car and not for everyone to sleep in, right?

Ronald blah. Still hate him and I don’t understand Tiffany’s continued optimism 

• kvruns said:
    Angela is just a jerk to him. I like how the guy at the store is just like wow she just started yelling the moment he answered the phone 

Elizabeth/Andrei - the RV is weird. That’s way too many people. But it seems like they’re just using it as a car and not for everyone to sleep in, right?

Ronald blah. Still hate him and I don’t understand Tiffany’s continued optimism 
    I think Michael was a jerk for not being more emotionally supportive of Angela after her surgeries.  But she needs to control her anger and stop immediately jumping to "he's cheating" and "it's over".  Plus, if she wanted him to let her track his phone, being angry and screaming at him the moment he answered the phone was not the way to do it.  

Right!  The Elizabeth clan are using it as a more comfortable way for everyone to drive there.  But they are staying at hotels to sleep at night.  They briefly mentioned that in the previous episode.  And I could be mistaken, but I don't think you need a commercial driver's license to drive an RV.  Either Andrei is, yet again, trying to make himself look more special than he is.  Or that is what Chuck told him, so he'd drive the whole way, lmao.

It's rare I agree with Charlie, but I think he had the right idea to fly there, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it’s a case of making him special.  They live in FL which excludes the special license but they could be going into states that require it?

https://www.thesenagroup.com/2019/07/14/need-special-license-drive-rv/

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    Hmmmm anyone else smell something fishy with the whole Natalie nose surgery thing? Before a surgery, the doctors run your insurance and tell you your expected out of pocket expense.  At least they did with me. It’s not like they do the scheduled surgery, run the insurance and say “oops, you weren’t insured for this.  You’ll have to pay $100,000”.  I’m wondering if she’s getting a full on cosmetic nose job or maybe a surgical AND cosmetic one which complicates things? (for the record I don’t  think she needs one)

Angela… I wonder if she constantly wears that gator because she already had lower face surgery? She wore it once in a 90 day interview probably around this time of filming and said it was for some dental work and air couldn’t hit her mouth… but hmmm is she healing from the facelift/lipo already?

btw Tim had me cracking up during pillowtalk. I wouldn’t date the guy, but like Veronica’s way of thinking, he’d be a fun friend to have around. Same as Armondo and Ken. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    Omg the grocery shopping with Ronald, I got such a gross vibe from him on the “let’s prove a point on grocery shopping” and throwing a bunch in the cart when he clearly doesn’t have a lot of money to spend. If you’re on a tight budget you don’t just randomly shop to spite someone 
  • Put down the pologna! 

It’s a sad day when I switched Asuelu with Ronald on the likeable scale. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    Now I’m watching the apartment packing scene with Yara. I’ve helped people move who haven’t packed and it’s horrible. Seeing her holding the baby while they packed made me cringe. Hopefully it’s just for the show drama. Can only imagine how much they’re spending on that move. And I’m so surprised she doesn’t want to be in New Orleans when she doesn’t drive. Suburbia doesn’t make sense to me if you don’t drive. 
  • kvruns said:
    Now I’m watching the apartment packing scene with Yara. I’ve helped people move who haven’t packed and it’s horrible. Seeing her holding the baby while they packed made me cringe. Hopefully it’s just for the show drama. Can only imagine how much they’re spending on that move. And I’m so surprised she doesn’t want to be in New Orleans when she doesn’t drive. Suburbia doesn’t make sense to me if you don’t drive. 
    I wonder why she doesn't drive?  There's probably some amount of time she would have had to wait, but I assume she could have gotten her license a long time ago.  Especially now that she has a baby!

I'm pretty sure they moved to an area called the Northshore.  It's across the longest causeway (type of bridge) in the world, from the NOLA area.  That causeway is 26 miles long and goes across a body of water called Lake Ponchartrain.

It looks like she is in a more populated area, plus she talked about it being 45 minutes from NOLA, so I think she's in Mandeville or Covington.  Those are both decent sized towns that would have a bus service to the main parts of town.  But it would be crazy expensive to take a Lyft or Uber back to NOLA, if she could even find one that would drive her there.  But she might not have any reason to go to the city anyway.

Though now they've also gone from living 1 1/2-2 hours from Gwen, to 2-2 1/2 hours from her.  I'm a little surprised she wouldn't have moved closer to Gwen instead of further away.    

I also get really tired of her bashing NOLA.  I mean, I guess I do it too and I'm also making a medium term plan to move away, lol.  Albeit for me, it will be out of Louisiana completely.  But I also compliment it because there is a lot to appreciate.  People have been raising their children in this city just fine for over 300 years, so she can just f**k right off.  And most of what she complains about is only in the French Quarter/Downtown area, which is where they were previously living.  But if you get outside of that 2-mile radius to the other 80-90% of the city, she could have found a neighborhood just like the one she moved to (eyeroll).  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I almost worry for Tiffany.  Ronald has Jeckyl/Hyde tendencies and that worries me. He’s VERY snooty and condescending at times and does not treat her well. At least she recognizes that he uses Daniel to get his way. Now all she has to do is put a stop to it.  I think she’s strong enough to. Although I do like his mom.  Did she really raise Ronald? How did he get like that?
    btw the Santa’s Village shopping scene really made me want Christmas again. Usually I say Halloween first but man that was a gorgeous white tree! I want that.  I also felt $320 was a good price and comparable to the States.  Tiffany said they were cheaper in the states, but I find sizes that big would be WAY more here. That’s why people wait till December 26th to buy for the next year (well not me, I always forget). 

Brandon’s mom is ONLY about the labor around the house (which is fine because they were lving rent free). Fly away little birdies. Get your freedom. 

At first I thought Natalie was a little b*tch for going to the surgery without Mike, but then I thought that this must have been filmed around December like the rest of the cast, right? Something tells me Mike couldn’t go in anyway.  I’m not sure how Washington was in Nov/Dec but we were back to shut downs here.  I’m sure he took the truck, drove her there really early, dropped her off, and had someone from the production team drove him back to the hotel to “wait” and make it look like they had an unrecorded fight and the crew had to drive him back to the hospital.  Then he took the truck around to joy ride.  I’m almost certain that extra drama was for show and he coudln’t be in the hospital to wait on her anyway.

And holy fuck balls is Mylah (spelling?) a cutie!  I didn’t like when Yara said “I don’t care what you want!” To Jovi when requested a cab ride (or uber these days) distanced to New Orleans. There should have been a compromise there and Yara has to know it’s not all about her and what he requested wasn’t out of the norm. Although on pillow talk Stephanie said they were only 10 from a big city? Is that true, @“short+sassy"? I think you pinpointed where they moved to. 

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited July 2021
    Overall, I don't like Ronald.  He is mysoginistic (sp?) and impulsive with money he doesn't have.  Like, why is he spending over $600 on Christmas decorations when that could be a nice chunk to give Tiffany for flights for the next trip.  However, I also think Tiffany expected too much from him, too fast.  He's never raised a child before and doesn't know what to do on the daily.  He's not used to her routines.  I agree he could be trying harder, but she seems immediately angry when he doesn't do things perfectly and her way.

I was laughing at Brandon's parents talking about how small that bedroom was.  As if the bedroom they share at the parent's house is all that much bigger.  For the sake of their relationship and Julia's sanity, I am SO glad they are finally moving out.

That Mike and Natalie story was major TLC frauding.  So, first off, he was complaining they only had one truck.  Okay, Mike.  Then how did you get to Seattle in the first place?  Maybe the 90DF crew.  Maybe, but I doubt it.  I'm sure he and Natalie drove down together.  Then, the hospital called him when she was getting out of surgery.  Why would they have had his name and number, if he wasn't the one picking her up.  She would have given them her friend's name and number, if that had been the plan.  Plus, she wouldn't have driven to the hospital for the truck to be there in the first place.

For more TLC frauding, there is no way Jovi didn't know what town they were moving to.  He is the only one who has an income or credit score, so he would have had to sign the lease!  Maybe he didn't know exactly what the place looked like.  But he had to know the town they were moving to and he'd know how far away it is from the NOLA.  

I didn't hear Stephanie say they were only 10 minutes from a city.  Though Jovi said something like that.  He said he wanted to be a 10 minute Uber ride from the city and was disappointed they were not.

In the previous episode, Yara had said they were 45 minutes from NOLA.  And I noticed they were going over the Causeway, which is a 26-mile bridge that spans the "south shore" (NOLA and it's immediate suburbs) from the "north shore".  There is a lot of country on the North shore, but it also has two good-sized towns (Mandeville and Covington).  And, if they are 45 minutes from NOLA, then they wouldn't be more than 5-15 minutes away from one of those.  As such, Yara saying there was only "one restaurant and one bar" was an exaggeration and not true at all.  There are TONS of restaurants and bars on the North shore.  I think she said it to underline that Jovi's place is at home.

She also could have found that same family friendly neighborhood/atmosphere much closer to and even in NOLA.  I do think she purposely was trying to keep him away from his usual party crowd and places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I haven't watched yet but I totally agree there's no way Jovi wouldn't know where they moved since he would have had to sign stuff.  total BS story line

And you're right S+S I am sure it was to try to keep him away from his party scene.  As someone who tried to do things like that, they still find a way. Always. So it's not going to work unless he's truly ready to settle down. 
  • kvruns said:
    I haven't watched yet but I totally agree there's no way Jovi wouldn't know where they moved since he would have had to sign stuff.  total BS story line

And you're right S+S I am sure it was to try to keep him away from his party scene.  As someone who tried to do things like that, they still find a way. Always. So it's not going to work unless he's truly ready to settle down. 
    For sure!  One of my coworkers lives in a fairly small country town, over an hour outside of NOLA.  There are three bars in that town and one of them is walking distance to his house.  Him and his friends are around their 30s and almost all of them have kids, including my coworker who has a toddler.  They are at that bar or each other's houses drinking it up, all the time.  They don't go out as often or stay out as late on weekdays, but that's about it.  And don't think it's usually just the guys.  That's what babysitting grandparents are for, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    $680 on Christmas decorations?!?!
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Kalani and Asuelu - how are they buying this new car with a ride share driver in a pandemic income. Although I’ll still not understand why she doesn’t work assuming they had childcare help since I doubt Asuelu is going to be much of a stay at home dad 
  • kvruns said:
    Kalani and Asuelu - how are they buying this new car with a ride share driver in a pandemic income. Although I’ll still not understand why she doesn’t work assuming they had childcare help since I doubt Asuelu is going to be much of a stay at home dad 

SIB
    At first, I was more on Asuelu's side.  It seems to me like most people with young children want SUVs.  Sure, two car seats can be done in a typical passenger car.  But it's tight and then there is mainly just the trunk left for carting all their stuff around and massive grocery trips.

But then they were talking about this was going to be the car he uses for rideshare and I did a complete 180.  Gas is a major expense for people with that gig and to more than double that expense is so stupid!  I'm yet again confounded as to how Kalani married someone who is such a man-child.

According to the 90DF sub-Reddit, Asuelu really does rideshare.  But he also makes about $75K/year on Cameo, thanks to his fame from being on tv.  I've also heard that Kalani and her sister have a popular beauty/make-up blog, though the forum didn't seem to have any stats on how much they make from that.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    The car they normally drive always seems so cramped but then again they have an adult in the back with car seats usually. But yea for ride share gas mileage is key.  I forgot about Cameo and other stuff like that where they can make money. That makes more sense on why most of these people don't seem to have real jobs since they're making decent money through other avenues like that. 
  • kvruns said:
    The car they normally drive always seems so cramped but then again they have an adult in the back with car seats usually. But yea for ride share gas mileage is key.  I forgot about Cameo and other stuff like that where they can make money. That makes more sense on why most of these people don't seem to have real jobs since they're making decent money through other avenues like that. 
    Cracking up at this!

David and Annie consistently rank in the top 5 on Cameo for making the most money.  They pull in a 6-figure income, just from that website.  They have a membership site (something like that), where you can watch their cooking classes.  And I think you can hire Annie as a personal chef and/or for in-person cooking classes also.

With the internet, it's never been a better time to be a minor celebrity, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If I had money, I’d hire Annie.  Her stuff looks good!  Just no fish or spices, Annie.  Work with that!

Another tid bit about ride share though, if he gets an SUV can’t he put down uber XL and essentially charge more?  More people = more money… but I only see that working in large cities where big groups of people go out.

• If I had money, I’d hire Annie.  Her stuff looks good!  Just no fish or spices, Annie.  Work with that!

Another tid bit about ride share though, if he gets an SUV can’t he put down uber XL and essentially charge more?  More people = more money… but I only see that working in large cities where big groups of people go out.
    I assume there are opportunities for people to make more money than if they have a typical car.  But I'd think the majority of the time it's one person/small group going from point A to point B and not paying extra, just because the driver's vehicle is bigger.

Plus Asuleu didn't bring that up.  He just liked the bigger vehicle and expects they will have more children.

I forgot about that!  My H and I were both laughing at the predicament the car salesman was in.  When Asuleu was talking about more kids and Kalani was "wuuuttt?"  That car sales guy made a quick escape!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited July 2021
    Everyone should just stop giving Yara parenting advice. I’m not even sure if those guests were even parents themselves? Yara’s not a moron. She’s a part time single mother doing her best in my eyes, and if she wants Mylah to sleep with her for now, that’s the way she is choosing to raise her child. She’s still a baby, ffs.

And hey, let me get my BFF psychic on the line who knows everthing about me and my situation and have her gang up on my husband.  That’s not terribly one sided at all. Smh at that bogus “reading”. 

Thomas is Becky’s husband, right?  Not Jen’s?  Not that Jen is any better, but I hope for Thomas’ sake, Becky really isn’t that vindictive because he seems like a decent guy.

Eta:  have you noticed lately that Natalie has some weird stances? It makes even me uncomfortable 

• Yara and Jovi -- Confirmed!  They are in Covington, LA.  That has been my guess all along and there were signs in last night's episode.  It's a decent sized town, though there are areas of it that are more in the country.  Though I agree with Jovi that 6PM was too early to have kicked their guests out, especially considering they live 2 hours away.  It's fine to put Mylah down, if that's her bedtime.  But then the grown-ups can hang out in the living room and keep visiting.  I see both of their sides.

Angela and Michael -- OMG, the psychic friend!  And her head scarf with medallions on it.  Like a stereotypical accessory for a child's gypsy Halloween costume.  I know those types of costumes are no longer appropriate, but you know what I am talking about. 

Andrei and Elizabeth -- I was really excited a peripheral member of the Elizabeth clan got a word in edgewise.  We always see the other in-law spouses, but they are more like background props and never say anything, lol.  I'm not sure whose husband he is.  I can't even keep track of which sister is Becky and which is Jen, lol.  They are so twin-like (I know they aren't twins) in how they look and act.

Asuleu and Kalani -- I was remarking to myself, yet again, on what a "great hair" family Kalani comes from!  They all have amazing hair, lol.  So long and thick.  Her mom has great hair.  You can see she passed that down to both her daughters.  Kalani's younger son has the same beautiful hair.  Probably the older son, too.  But he wears it shorter and had a hat on for this episode.  I don't know how Kalani and her mom keep their curls, though.  When hair is that long and heavy, the weight will usually pull the curls out even for naturally curly hair (which it looks like they have).

Sorry for the long discussion about hair, lol.  But not much else going on in that segment, other than expanding more on the upcoming dread of Asuleu's horrible mom and sister coming into town to ruin the holidays.  What better time than Christmas for the mom to expect an enormous check for her present and then pout when she doesn't get it, while her daughter starts screaming and threatening bodily harm.  At least that is what I'm envisioning will happen. 

Ronald and Tiffany -- What is with chauvinistic guys who want some 1950s version of male/female roles in the family, but conveniently forget that makes their role the "bread winner"?  Now he wants to run his own business and be a handyman.  It's like Andrei all over again.  Tiffany, take a hard look at how well that worked out.  Plus he's an idiot for wanting to buy a truck and supplies right now, when the plan is he will potentially be moving to the US in a few months.  And then is sulking about how Tiffany always dashes his dreams, smh.  Why haven't we heard anything about his interview/status?  They all had a zoom call with Tiffany's attorney in one of the first episodes and now we haven't heard anything else about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited July 2021
    oh I love Kalani family’s hair. They were blessed.

Also, it looks like Angela’s hypnosis didn’t work. She’s smoked the last two eps. My hypnosis didn’t work either. And after liking the first session, a LOT, I prepaid for 4 more (cheaper in the 4 session pkg). But maybe it was a tall order - to hypnotise me into not eating any of the foods I like.  No amount ot power can stop me from eating bad foods.

• oh I love Kalani family’s hair. They were blessed.

Also, it looks like Angela’s hypnosis didn’t work. She’s smoked the last two eps. My hypnosis didn’t work either. And after liking the first session, a LOT, I prepaid for 4 more (cheaper in the 4 session pkg). But maybe it was a tall order - to hypnotise me into not eating any of the foods I like.  No amount ot power can stop me from eating bad foods.
    Oh no!  I'm sorry you are disappointed with the the hypnotizing sessions.  I remember you were excited after the first one.

Have you ever talked to your doctor about taking weight loss medication?  My doctor prescribed me Phentermine for that.  I thought it would decrease my hunger.  But actually, more of what it seemed to do was influence my brain that food was unappealing.  Not so bad I couldn't eat.  But, since I rarely felt like eating, it was easy to only eat for sustenance and naturally choose healthy foods to do that.

I also had a lot more energy, which made it easier to exercise.

Phentermine was great while it worked!  I loved it.  Unfortunately for me, after just a few months, I built a tolerance.  I knew from my research that could happen and was really careful to only take it for 2-3 weeks at a time and then take a break for 1-2 weeks.  But it happened anyway.  Most people won't necessarily build a tolerance, especially if they are careful, or have it happen that fast.  But I guess my body was just extra susceptible to that.

There are a couple other ones out there.  One of them is for Type II diabetics.  I forget what it is called, but it takes some of the sugars eaten and directs them to the urinary tract before they hit the kidneys (something like that).  It's primarily to help keep blood sugars lower.  But it can also help with weight loss because that also means the calories from the sugars being discarded don't enter the body either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh yeah, I’ve tried them all.  All throughout my life. Phentrimine twice since it worked so well on every one I talked to. The type II diabetic drugs are so appealing to me, but none of them (that I know of) are approved by insurance so it’s $1,200 for ONE month, and I looked at rx discounts which brings it down to ~$800, but still way to pricey. Did I mention I hate our healthcare system?  I mean I HAVE type II and I can’t even afford the meds for it.  I have an appt with an endo to see if that’s changed, since that info was like 5ish years ago. More drugs have been pushed out so I’m hoping the older ones for diabetics are now approved with insurance? But I couldn’t get an appt in till September!

• Oh yeah, I’ve tried them all.  All throughout my life. Phentrimine twice since it worked so well on every one I talked to. The type II diabetic drugs are so appealing to me, but none of them (that I know of) are approved by insurance so it’s $1,200 for ONE month, and I looked at rx discounts which brings it down to ~$800, but still way to pricey. Did I mention I hate our healthcare system?  I mean I HAVE type II and I can’t even afford the meds for it.  I have an appt with an endo to see if that’s changed, since that info was like 5ish years ago. More drugs have been pushed out so I’m hoping the older ones for diabetics are now approved with insurance? But I couldn’t get an appt in till September!
    Yeeeppp.  I'm sorry to hear all of that.  Been there (and still am there) myself with some of my medications.

I am INCREDIBLY grateful that I can buy my fast acting "pen" insulins from an online Canadian pharmacy.  The exact same box/brand is $550 in the US, but $135/box from my Canadian pharmacy.  It gives me so much more control than the very old fashioned "R" insulin.  But one box (5 pens) only lasts me about 3 weeks and I couldn't afford to buy it at all, if I didn't have that Canada option.

A couple years ago, I actually found out the deal on that.  Although US citizens can legally buy some prescription drugs from Canada, it is VERY LIMITED.  One of the main qualifiers is a drug has to have been out long enough that it is no longer "unique", ie more than one pharm. company has a drug similar/same active ingredient(s) to it.  

I think the Type II drug I was referring to is Invokana.  Technically, it isn't approved by the FDA for treatment of Type I diabetes.  But my doctor said that is only because, in clinical trials, Type I'ers didn't see the same effectiveness in lowering blood sugar as Type II'ers did.  But since patients do usually lose weight on it, he thinks it would be a good prescription for me to try.  But when I asked him about the cost because I have a high deductible plan, it was something totally unaffordable.  I basically told him thanks and I would think about if I ever had better insurance, but don't bother with a prescription now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ummm did anyone carch the bloop that Michael made
    ”I won’t cheat on my wife again, nope” (not even going to go on the masterbation thing as cheating)
    Producer “what do you mean?”
    michael “you know the firs - the time I got the BJ!”

ummm were you going to say the first time? We thought that BJ was the one and only time..

pillow talk: Molly is BURNT. Must be hot in hotlanta.

Most of them also picked up on what I was picking up.  Is Natalie more than just friends with Julianna (is that her name?).  It doesn’t seem like it when they film together. It seems like just a friendship. But the gifts, the staying over, the room she has there… I always knew there was no love between them and she wanted a green card. They treat each other so poorly. That’s her end game, Mike. 

• kvrunskvruns member
    You guys have all the comments I was thinking too. And I’m pretty much just FFW through Elizabeth and Andreiiii 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    I need to know more about Natalie giving the Christmas gifts from Mike to her friends....  or was it as part of one of their fights she gave it all away?
  • OMG!  I've seen other pics of her during her weight loss journey, where she was a lot thinner, but still looked like herself.

But that is unreal!  She is unrecognizable now.  I'm completely flabbergasted, lol.  

I may not like her as a person, but I still wish the best for her like I would anybody.  She had to have worked hard and totally changed her lifestyle to achieve losing 90 lbs.  I'm glad she's been successful with it and is in a healthier place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker