Military Brides
Options

Who's around?

Re: Who's around?

• Options
    ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    So when we have our GTG we're going to Tim Horton's right?? 

(p.s.-I"m totally planning us to have a GTG in case you missed it) 
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! H is watching some stupid movie, so I'm hanging here! 

Beach, sorry to hear about the rough few days! Hope youre feeling better soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Irish!

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:64e61d28-c17d-4213-ad0f-2a2c0e4643c5">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, I gladly stand corrected!  There are 2 in the Norfolk and <strong>VA Beach</strong> area!   Neither close enough to our house for a morning run, and both are with Coldstone, but I'm glad they are there at least!
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

<div>I've seen it! In fact, I might have even passed by it today. It's over by the NAS. </div>
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did I get on PST??? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Irish. Whats the stupid movie your H is watching?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:555486c4-3df3-48fe-9181-c6793a738951">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So when we have our GTG we're going to Tim Horton's right??  (p.s.-I"m totally planning us to have a GTG in case you missed it) 
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

Ps I feel like I need to live on the east coast now.
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ggirl I'm all for a G2G!  I think Kara is going to beat you too it since we will be within 10 miles of eachother soon though.  You can always come meet us there.  At the Tim Hortons of course!

Hi Irish, and thanks!  

I will gladly accept the PST for the time being.  I know it probably won't last though.  Whenever the posts get all wacky like they have been it always end up changing the time zones around.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:190581ab-e76c-46ad-a226-5d880bbbf161">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's around? : Ps I feel like I need to live on the east coast now.
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

<div>Well... duh!  Of course you do!</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shan, you definitely need to get here!!

And Kara gets first dibs, but I will be there soon after! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:36aecd6f-b83a-4d8b-b6ee-75ee37955247">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's around? : Well... duh!  Of course you do!

But H isn't in the navy. Although Spokane is an option but that is working backwards :-p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha yeah it's too late for Spokane.  He needs to find a way to get near VA.  Have him get orders to Langley.  

Got that Air Force?  Shan's H needs to get sent to Langley AFB.  Now.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:aa1796ba-0d85-4cb0-a3fd-484784ff4986">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha yeah it's too late for Spokane.  He needs to find a way to get near VA.  Have him get orders to Langley.   Got that Air Force?  Shan's H needs to get sent to Langley AFB.  Now.

Haha that would be awesome for my career!
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Shan: There are AFBs out here too though, you just need to get your butt out here already! 

Ggirl: Beach and I have been thinking about this GTG ever since I found out H was stationed here. lol You definitely need to get down here though, I'm only 15 mins away from the Tim Horton's 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:5bddb9be-f8ed-4988-b95b-2ddda8e751bc">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shan: There are AFBs out here too though, you just need to get your butt out here already!  Ggirl: Beach and I have been thinking about this GTG ever since I found out H was stationed here. lol You definitely need to get down here though, I'm only 15 mins away from the Tim Horton's 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

haha you girls are funny. Yes there are bases but H's aircraft is only based on 5 of them. 2 of which are overseas. I'm trying to get a little further to Germany but that is also a aircraft change away and H doesn't want to which is understandable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kara---I actually think my H might be gone again around spring time for a training, Beachy when do you get there again? I see spring as a nice time. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That stinks.  So I take it Langley isn't one of those?  

I really hope we get to stay in the VA area for a while.  Now that we love our house and the neighborhood, plus the fact that we are in the best school district makes us both want to stay there.  

Not gonna lie, I'm definitely getting baby fever with the house.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:09747667-417a-4126-b588-0ed057121a23">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kara---I actually think my H might be gone again around spring time for a training, Beachy when do you get there again? I see spring as a nice time. 

<div>H will be gone for a bit around that time too, well if they stick to schedule that is. Beach will be here by then! </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be getting there next month Ggirl, so Spring would be fantastic!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Beach: baby fever?! How exciting!! 

Shan: That stinks. Maybe you'll just have to fly out here on a vacay and see us? Wink
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:9a653994-94b2-4141-bfae-af4a770b0fe2">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Irish. Whats the stupid movie your H is watching?
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]
    I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry. But before that it was some ninja movie or something. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, once I find out if H is going back to Cali, I will be up there. And even if he is not, I probably will be haha. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:96323ceb-efb4-4a7c-a041-390029484174">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That stinks.  So I take it Langley isn't one of those?   I really hope we get to stay in the VA area for a while.  Now that we love our house and the neighborhood, plus the fact that we are in the best school district makes us both want to stay there.   Not gonna lie, I'm definitely getting baby fever with the house.  

LOL. Baby fever comes and goes with me.

and sadly Langley is not one of them most of them are NG bases. Our #1 for next assigment is England!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, yes Kara exciting, but put on a mandatory hold anyways by the Navy.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shan-I would love to go to England. That would be so cool. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into how long of a drive it would be Ggirl?  

Shan I think you will need to look into flights.  Especially before you get to England and they get really expensive!  That would be awesome though.  I have told H that i don't want to do overseas if we can help it.  Obviously sometimes it's out of our control, but I have a super close family so being on the opposite coast is hard enough.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Shan: England? How fun! 

Beach: I know. The baby fever also comes and goes with me, especially with my niece's cuteness(She just stood up by herself today! She's only 7 months!.) I do know that we are so not ready to have the babies just yet though.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:d9be3707-d7fe-4440-8817-8c4580a590b6">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shan-I would love to go to England. That would be so cool. 

I think so too. H is less enthusiastic -- doesn't want to start a family overseas but he williing to give me this one haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:190fc056-a3d5-4c9d-bfe1-086980f6df4c">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked into how long of a drive it would be Ggirl?   Shan I think you will need to look into flights.  Especially before you get to England and they get really expensive!  That would be awesome though.  I have told H that i don't want to do overseas if we can help it.  Obviously sometimes it's out of our control, but I have a super close family so being on the opposite coast is hard enough.  

Wont be for 3 years. But for me if I have to be away from my family might as well be in a KICK A place where I can travel and see the world.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_whos-around-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:fabdbcdb-9ce8-46f7-8b40-9039a5622bdcPost:68cefc78-5694-4cb5-9c29-fd7156cc8cd3">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's around? : Wont be for 3 years. But for me if I have to be away from my family might as well be in a KICK A place where I can travel and see the world.
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]
    Funny, we're opposite. H wants to go to Germany in three years but that's prime family starting time so I'm on the fence. But the easy travel is so enticing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards