How Long You've Been Together:
    A little over a year.

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):

Fur Babies:
    Two German Shepherds

Favorite Color:
    Black

Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He is the kind of guy you see in movies that you think doesn't exist.  But he really does!

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    A little touch of OCD some times.

Hobbies/Activities:
    Cooking, camping, dog stuff, hiking, computer games

Describe Your Personality:
    Outgoing, silly, funny, personable, artsy

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
    I would say a 2 at best but we will see.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:
    I have a degree in graphic design and I love to design paper items like invitations, cards, web sites and so forth.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker TTC since March PCOS/Hypothyroid Metformin 2000mg. | Dexamethasone .25mg | Levothyroxin .88mg Femara 7.5 | 225 iu's Bravelle | 2 Trigger Shots
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    can you all please go to the link under this and vote for my boyfriend and I to win the verragio contest??!! Please this would help us make the next step in our relationship.
    Thank you all soooo much!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/verragio/contests/72618/voteable_entries/11132145?order=recency
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Significant Other's Age: 22
    What You Do:Student for Radiology Technologist
    What SO Does: Police
    State of Relationship: Awesome ready to take the next step soon
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 1/2 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): after i get out of school
    Fur Babies: Truffles (2yo) Maltese Shih Tzu
    Favorite Color: Pink
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Motivation and personality
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: immature sometimes lol
    Hobbies/Activities: school is all i do!! lol he likes to be outdoors
    Describe Your Personality: fun, positive, kind, humorous
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: JMM4208

Significant Other's Age:
    23, 6 months older

What You Do:
    Student - Music Industry Studies (Marketing)

What SO Does:
    Grad Student, ACC Football Athletic Trainer

State of Relationship:
    Dating, Currently Long-Distance (only 3 hours) but we're planning on moving in together next fall after we both finish our degrees.

Almost 2 years and 8 months

Favorite Color:
    Pink

He is an incredibly hard worker, and he can always make me laugh.

He is a TERRIBLE driver,

Hobbies/Activities:
    Zumba Fitness, Knitting, Scrap-booking, baking, Playing mindless facebook games, sewing, going to concerts (any kind), and alot of others. I am a jack of all trades.

I am an optimist, fun-loving, outgoing, and preppy

Snark Level:
    3 - mid-level snark, it really depends on the topic, but in most cases I'm very chill.

I play tuba/sousaphone, yes that is the big giant shiny thing that is normally portrayed in movies as being played by fat guys in knee socks and poof-ball hats.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: mchiera143
    Significant Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: Paralegal
    What SO Does: Sales
    State of Relationship: soon to be engaged; ring is currently being set 
    How Long You've Been Together: almost 2 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): November 2012
    When You Got Married (if you're married):
    Fur Babies:
    Favorite Color: green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: no matter how good or horrible my day was whenever i come home i am instantly happy. he is my soulmate.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: you curses like a damned sailor!! drives me nuts!
    Hobbies/Activities: HUGE movie buff and concert goer. 
    Describe Your Personality: spunky yet very chill... i would choose to sit on our couch watching movies on a saturday night than going out to bars. 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: i got nothing... lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ahh yes... the waiting game... me too girl! how frustrating when you KNOW its coming yet dont want to completely ruin the surprise for yourself... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Skyjewell
    Significant Other's Age:27
    What You Do: Im a student
    What SO Does: He welds
    State of Relationship: Not engaged but its coming soon
    How Long You've Been Together: A year and 3 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):---
    When You Got Married (if you're married):---
    Fur Babies: Ryder is our dog :D
    Favorite Color: Yellow
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He always knows how to make my day
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Video games />:(
    Hobbies/Activities: School, hanging out with my best frined
    Describe Your Personality: Im very outgoing, loud, and a little too honest at times
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5. I can be but only when i feel its necessary
    Although im not engaged im getting a head start on planning the wedding. I love planning weddings my best friend just got married a few months ago

imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:  dap807

Significant Other's Age:  29

What You Do:  Social worker-currently in grad school for my MSW

What SO Does:  Photographer

State of Relationship:  
    So much for surprises...Without all the details, my parents gave SO a family heirloom diamond with the thought that he would get it reset.  SO asked me to help him pick it out and brought me to a jeweler to design a custom piece.  Basically, we know we're getting married but he still wants me to be surprised with the proposal, which i love.

How Long You've Been Together: 3+ years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):  Winter/Spring 2012

Fur Babies:  Ralphie, a 3 year old pekingese/poodle mix! 

Favorite Color:  Purple and olive green

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He is incredibly caring and passionate.  He's my best friend.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He's so stubborn!

Hobbies/Activities:  Reading, yoga, painting, traveling & just started to enjoy cooking! 

Describe Your Personality:  I'm a high maintenance hippie.  I know it sounds like a contradiction, but it fits me quite well.  I'm a social worker, so part of me is very liberal and all about individualism.  I'm a free spirit, but another part of me loves the finer things in life.  I think it balances out quite nicely. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  It depends, but I'd say anyway from a 2 to a 5.  

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  People love to tell me about their lives.  In the dressing room, getting a manicure, at the Vet and even over the phone!  I've been told that there is something about me that helps others to open up about themselves.  Funny how life works out...I'm working to become a clinical social worker, with my main focus on individual therapy.
  • Options
    acl2012acl2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:
    acl2012
    Significant Other's Age:
    What You Do:
    undergrad senior, soon to be first year law student
    What SO Does:
    undergrad senior, soon to be first year phd student
    State of Relationship:
    Dating, know we're going to marry each other
    8 months
    Favorite Color:
    orange and yellow
    His kind heart
    His inability to remember things
    Hobbies/Activities:
    Singing, volleyball, volunteering
    I'm pretty honest, but try not to do it in a mean way. I'm hard working, semi-organized, and an extreme planner.
    maybe 3?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been on the site for a little while now, but i've been too afraid to join any boards. I figured I better find an interactive outlet to keep me gorunded in reality before I go insane waiting for the ring so here it goes!:

Screen Name: laurae29
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Gymnastics coach/Social work grad student
    What SO Does: civil engineer
    State of Relationship: NEY, but we've talked about it a lot.
    How Long You've Been Together: almost 8 years!!!
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): n/a
    When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a
    Fur Babies: we don't live together but we each have our own dogs that we love and spend lots of time with.
    Favorite Color: green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: practicality, patience and sense of humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: over calculated, so much so that we aren't engaged yet...
    Hobbies/Activities: running, jewelry making
    Describe Your Personality: oh my gosh, how do you even begin to answer that? I'm a talkative and social creature...so much so that I fear my friends will abandon me if I don't find another outlet (hence the boards!-jk).  I live to laugh and in love with love. i've been with my high school sweetheart since he asked me to junior prom and i have to atribute most of my good personality traits to him and my mom (my two rocks). 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2 or 3
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: jack of all trades, master of none! okay, maybe one or two.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Emotional maturity is primarily developed through compassion a delayed gratification of one's desires.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Pinkcottoncandy7

What You Do: Teaacher's Assistant, MInister
    What SO Does: Bookseller, Minister

State of Relationship: Courting

How Long You've Been Together: About six months

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): September 3rd 2011

Favorite Color: yellow and Pink

Favorite Thing About Your SO:He is Superman, he is always helping others, an amazing lover of God, and a calculus genius. Plus he is always spoiling me and making me laugh.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: No sense of time!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobbies/Activities: Swing dancing, writing, singing

Describe Your Personality:I am full of energy and enthusiam. I can be sensitive. I am passionate and love people.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2 I am only snarky when called for. Southern women can always be snarky but under a layer of icing.

My BF and I teach the Bible in American Sign Language. We hope to be missionaries one day.
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey chickies,
    I've been around a LOOOOONG time but only as a lurker... I thought I'd met The One when I was 23, so I started reading around on here, but here I am 6 years, several boyfriends, many life experiences and travels around the globe, and one massive career change later... and I've actually legitimately found The One. :)  So now I'm here because I should [hopefully soon] be legitimately planning a wedding.  Hi :)
    Screen Name:  15Step
    Significant Other's Age: Almost 32
    What You Do:  Small Business Owner/Entrepreneuress
    What SO Does:  National Trainer in the technical world
    State of Relationship:  On the edge of engagement, and have been ring shopping.  Happily living together for over a year.
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 1/2 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):  Hopefully in the next year or two?
    Fur Babies:  We have a fish.  Neither one of us is ever home, plus I'm allergic to everything, so no pets for us.
    Favorite Color:  Dark Red
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He's the most genuine and honest person I've ever known.  He's my rock!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  HE SMOKES  UGHHHHH
    Hobbies/Activities:  What are hobbies?  I own a small business... I sleep and work :)  (I'd like to continue to enjoy road cycling, travel, concerts, food and wine, books, etc, however)
    Describe Your Personality:  Outgoing, a little brazen and sarcastic.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  Internally: Snark 8.5.. Externally: Snark 5
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I recently made the transition from being a corporate rat to being my own boss with a great little store in the heart of a great little downtown just outside a major city.  This is a very interesting experience, and I wouldn't change it for the world!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: kittysummer
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    State of Relationship: Dating Long-Distance.
    How Long You've Been Together: technically 6 months, but it's more complicated than that.
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Someday!!
    Favorite Color: Green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He can always make me laugh, without trying!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: How far away he is.
    Hobbies/Activities: Crocheting [I'm new and bad], singing, building, fixing.
    Describe Your Personality: optimistic, semi-leader, sweet, friendly, loving, maternal
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I feel like a 10, but people say i'm not, so idk.
    Even though I'm 18, I feel like I'm 30, but I swear I'm going through my midlife crisis some days! I've known my SO for almost six years now, and we've been comitted to eachother for at LEAST a year and a half now, but we've always talked about being married, even if we weren't officially together. He's enlisted and is stationed overseas, so that adds some urgency. we don't know when we'd want to tie the knot, but we know we definately want to someday!! I guess that adds to why I feel older. Oh well!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: favorsmr

Significant Other's Age: 37

What You Do: Social Worker

What SO Does: Mechanical Drafter

State of Relationship: Going strong...We are in love, and looking forward to being together

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years (Nov 2008), we met a few months before

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engaged yet

Fur Babies: none

Favorite Color: no real favorite...but if I had to choose, it would probably be orange or red

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a strong leader with fairly traditional values

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's very stubborn

Hobbies/Activities: I generally just like spending time with friends and family.  Whatever we are doing at the time is fine, because we pretty much like the same things.

Describe Your Personality: Fairly quiet, but not a pushover.  Funny and fun loving.  I have a pretty laid back attitude.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'm still not completely sure what snark is.  If it's what I think it is, I'll say I'm a 3-4.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I can't really think of anything super exciting.  Although I share a birthday with Jeff Probst (Survivor host), Kathy Griffin, P Diddy and Matthew McConaughey.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: AJesteram
    What You Do: Going to school for Nursing...and I work in the office at Costco.
    What SO Does: He graduates college in a WEEK and already has a job lined up for January 4, he's very excited!
    State of Relationship: Not engaged yet but he keeps teasing me and saying it will be "soon."
    2 years
    After i'm done with school.
    When You Got Married (if you're married): N/A
    Fur Babies:
    Maia, our 1 year old boxer.
    Favorite Color:
    Blue.
    He's always making me laugh.
    Ummm, he's a procrastinator.
    Hobbies/Activities: Traveling, reading
    Describe Your Personality: I'm fun and a people person, kinda shy at first.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Not very high, maybe a 2-3?
    I'll be traveling to Russia next summer! That's interesting I guess...I can't wait though because I LOVE to travel. BF has family that lives there so we'll be staying with them. Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: DeereGal41

Significant Other's Age: 24 end of December

What You Do: I'm an AMS Consultant at John Deere

What SO Does: Mechanic at John Deere

State of Relationship: Living together, hopefully engaged soon! But enjoying eachother until the time is "right".

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years

Fur Babies: A big chubby English Bulldog puppy named Dozer

Favorite Color: Pink/Orange

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me laugh, very hard worker & he's my best friend.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He sometimes has a short-fuse & he doesn't like vegetables.

Hobbies/Activities: Being with my family, reading, pilates & cooking

Describe Your Personality: I'm a loud person, I laugh hysterically at anything & I have a big heart.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): eeeegh 3.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I LOVE history...and tattoos...and doing hair. I'm pretty boring!
  • Options
    MPayne14MPayne14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: MPayne14
    What You Do: I'm a 2nd year junior working to get a Bacchelors degree in English with a minor in Spanish. Afterward I'll go into grad school to get a Masters in Arts and Teaching
    What SO Does: He's a 4th year junior about to go to Pro's school for Business Management.
    State of Relationship: Engaged without a ring - stupid tuition keeps puttin it off!
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 and a half years next month =)
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Haha, like we can pick a date! It's somewhere between graduation and having children. Probably another 2 years.
    Fur Babies: We're hoping to adopt a kitten next month
    Favorite Color: RED!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's so surprising! He's pretty frugal when it comes to being cuddly or sweet, so when he does do it it means the world to me.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His diet consists of Bacon, Cheeseburgers, and pizza and I'm trying to lose weight!
    Hobbies/Activities: Marching band - how we met in H.S., Ballroom Dancing - how we got together, KKPsi - our honorary service fraternity, playing board games, and watching movies.
    Describe Your Personality: Spontanious, motherly, optimistic, loyal, excitable, over-emotional.
    Depends on what's setting me off. Maybe a 4, but I can usually keep it under wraps.
    My back up plan to college was becoming a wedding consultant even though I graduated Valedictorian XD College is working out really well, but a part of me deep down loves to be knee deep in wedding conversation with my friends that are in their planning process.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Friendship tickers LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: dinad1
    Significant Other's Age: 28
    What You Do: I work in a library :)
    What SO Does: he's a full time fireman
    State of Relationship: madly in love :)
    How Long You've Been Together: almost 2 years
    Fur Babies: 2 pups
    Favorite Color: pink and Tiffany blue (our bedroom is painted that color hehe)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: to pick one I would have to say they way he kisses my forhead, nose and then mouth every night before bed
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: at the moment the amount he's been working.  I never get to see him!
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, mountain biking, road trips, movies HARRY POTTER haha
    Describe Your Personality: I can be pretty loud and outspoken in certain situations.  I enjoy having fun, but also relaxing.  I never know what to say for this stuff
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8 on the snarky scale.  I tend to not be very compassionate when it comes to what I say or how I react when others are feeling down, etc.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I have a serious love for Harry Potter and my favorite food is pickles!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: ForevaHisSoulmate

Significant Other's Age:31

What You Do: Mortgage Processor/Mother of Two/Full-time Student/Business Owner

What SO Does: Sales/Customer Services

State of Relationship: We are doing great, we have had several talks about getting married, he states that it is coming sooner than I think, he gives me a round about time frame of when he wants to propose, but wants it to be a surprise! I'm so exciting just thinking about it!

How Long You've Been Together: 6.5 years

Fur Babies: None

Favorite Color: White

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His love for God!

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Well it used to be that he put his family before our kids and I, but now, I don't really have a least favorite thing..

Hobbies/Activities: Exercising, Exploring the Outdoors, Spending time with my children, Going to Church, Reading, Writing, Basketball, Soccer, Jogging, Dancing, Spending time with family, Just enjoying everyday life!

Describe Your Personality: I am outgoing, optimistic, fun, loving, caring, easy-going, humorous

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Not sure

I am simply a Christian woman, Mother of two, Girlfriend, and Entrepreneur. I am a women after Gods own heart and strive to live the Proverbs 31 Life. I want to know the Lord more and become the mother,future wife, friend, and servant that He wants me to be. My faith means everything to me. I serve God with all of my heart, mind, and soul.My desire is to seek God's will for my life and strive to follow His ways.Smile

• Options
    JaymeeLHJaymeeLH member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: JaymeeLH
    Significant Other's Age: 18
    What You Do: undergrad studying early childhood education
    What SO Does: undergrad studying music engineering
    State of Relationship: dating, seriously talking about the future
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 months
    When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a
    Fur Babies: none yet :[
    Favorite Color: Green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has the kindest heart and can always make me smile.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: incredibly forgetful
    Hobbies/Activities: I work in the theatre at our school building sets and hanging lights, photography, hiking
    Describe Your Personality: quiet and awkward at first, but generally bubbly and silly after awhile
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'd say 4 or 5
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've always been told that I'm very mature for my age and that I have an "old soul". I love with everything I have and sometimes can be too trusting, but luckily I've found and fell madly in love with someone who doesn't take advantage of that. My sister and brother are 11 and 10 years older than me (same parents, they've been together for 39 years in total!) and my sister is married with two kids whom I adore. I don't like when people tell me that I'm too young to be sure of something like who I want to spend my life with, I'm not naiive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Screen Name: Kdwyer4

Significant Other's Age: 20

What You Do: Property Manager

What SO Does: Currently working in a food warehouse, starting nursing school in less than a month =)

State of Relationship: Living together, discussing getting married late summer/early fall 2012

How Long You've Been Together: just over a year

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): NEY

Fur Babies: none of our own, 4 dogs between our families

Favorite Color: brown

Favorite Thing About Your SO: hard to name just one thing, but if i had to pick the thing i love most about him it is confident he is in himself and in me

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his work schedule right now- he works nights, and we see eachother about 7 minute every day, 6 days a week, other than saturdays

Hobbies/Activities: I like to cook, crochet, knit, i volunteer for cultural alliance of york, junior acheivement and i serve on the home tour board and membership committees for York Young Professionals.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3 (i like to call it like i see it, but try to do so in a nice way)

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My BF and I met last winter selling christmas tree's and for our first anniversary he took me to the tree farm and we cut down our own tree, it is fun making our own traditions

I cannot spell to save my life, I do appoligize for any one I offend.
    "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Options
    imyourscarimyourscar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: imyourscar
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    What You Do:College student, getting BS in physical anthropology, and then a masters
    What SO Does: College student, getting a BS in pharmaceutical chemistry and then a masters
    State of Relationship: Settling down, lots of talk about the future, ring in about a year or two
    How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): NEY, but definitely in November Laughing
    Fur Babies:
    1 calico cat name Cleo, and soon a puppy
    Favorite Color: Green! and black...
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's nerdy, smart, loving, with good morals, interested in the same thing as me, but not enough so that it's boring
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Can't multitask much
    Hobbies/Activities: School, cooking, baking, reading, Redditing, WoW, traveling!
    Describe Your Personality: Bubbly,
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My great grandfather invented the Eggo waffle, and then sold to Kellogg's
  • Options
    luvdncn90luvdncn90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: luvdncn90
    Significant Other's Age: 20
    What You Do: I'm a cosmetology student and will graduate in February 2012! :)
    What SO Does: Electrical linemen
    State of Relationship: Dating and planning on an engagement in the next two years!
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years 7 months!
    When You Got Married (if you're married):n/a
    Fur Babies: none yet but hopefully soon!
    Favorite Color: Red
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His ability to support me and encourage me to follow my dreams, he always puts my goals and dreams first and helps me follow them and achieve them :)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Depends on how mad he makes me ;)
    Hobbies/Activities: Hairstyling, I love it! Dancing, been dancer for 16 years.
    Describe Your Personality: Very outgoing and social.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 1
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I met my SO through a good friend who happened to be dating my SO's best friend. They are now married and my SO and I are going strong!

• Options
    demeterschilddemeterschild member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Demeterschild
    SO's Age: 26
    What I Do: Getting my MFA in Dramatic Writing (writing for Film, TV and Theatre)
    What SO Does: Finishing his Film & TV MFA Thesis and working part time at Best Buy
    State of Relationship: Cohabitating, have talked about engagement, but waiting for better financial situation. Hopefully sometime in the next 10 to 20 months.
    How Long We've Been Together: 7 months
    When (marriage and stuff): NEY, but we both love fall, so hopefully October in the next couple of years
    Fur Babies: Logan and Hank, X-Kitties.
    Favorite Colors: Red, Green, Orange
    Favorite Thing About SO: He's hilarious, smart as hell and I can talk to him about absolutely anything
    Least Favorite Thing About SO: Sometimes he gets mopey and withdrawn if things don't go his way and it can be incredibly difficult to pull him out of it.
    Hobbies/Activities: Cooking, Reading, Writing, Harry Potter anything, crafting
    Describe My Personality: I am a Cancer. With Aquarius rising... and um... I tend to be quiet until you get to know me, I have a few very close friends and "grapple them to me with hoops of steel" I like traditional things, but I also have a quirky modern side. I love technology, but I'd never replace a book with a kindle or e-reader (but I'm dying to get an iPad). I like to answer questions... obviously. :p
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): er...6 or 7, not in a mean way, but I have a snarky sarcastic sense of humor sometimes and a low tolerance for idiocy. otherwise I'm at a 3.
    Tell us Something About Yourself: As an undergrad, I took an internship with a traveling circus then co-founded a circus performance group at my college. I do aerial silks, poi, juggling, stilt-walking, unicycling, partner acrobatics and fire-eating (it tastes like hot).

• Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: mattycam

Significant Other's Age:32

What You Do: Administration

What SO Does: Builds office furniture

State of Relationship: engaged, not living together

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): March 25th, 2011

Fur Babies: N/A

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO: very loving, respectful and family oriented

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Can be a bit forgetful (this is due to him
    not using his calendar/blackberry to write down events)

Hobbies/Activities: I like to dine out, sing, dance and hangout with friends

Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, positive attitude, friendly

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2 - No need to kick someone when they are already down. People need to hear the truth but it can be done in a
    firm way without being insulting.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My FI and I met at a Caribana parade in Toronto, Canada 11 years ago. Usually it is a big "hook up" fest and not many people meet their future husband at such an event so we consider ourselves a "success story" :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:It's MK something...honestly my Momma created my Knot account for me and I haven't been on here in about 3-4 months.

Significant Other's Age:24

What You Do:Student

What SO Does:Aircraft Technician

State of Relationship:Dating/Engaged

How Long You've Been Together:A little over 2 years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):Original wedding date was 2/12/11, however it has been...pushed back.

When You Got Married (if you're married):N/A

Fur Babies:Brodie the shih tzu! He is 3 months old!

Favorite Color:Pink

Favorite Thing About Your SO:He would do anything for me.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:We clash. We both have terrible tempers and he knows how to push my buttons.

Hobbies/Activities:Music, I'm getting a guitar for Christmas so I'm about to start learning to play! I also enjoy shopping, pretending to learn to cook, and putting on make up.

Describe Your Personality:I'm really shy, until I get to know people and then I am a hot mess.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):I can be very sweet but I might also be a 7 or an 8.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have no idea. I'm pretty boring.
  • Options
    NSizemore2011NSizemore2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: NSizemore2011
    What You Do: Insurance Sales for medicare and Medicaid approved company,
    What SO Does: Srg., infantry, ARMY/ supervisor at local company
    State of Relationship:  planning/in the process of getting engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): May 28,2011
    Fur Babies:?????
    Favorite Color: Red/blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His personlity and how hes so laid back.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He leaves the cabinet doors open in the kitchen and he's still getting used to being back in the civilian world.
    Hobbies/Activities: board games, hiking, photography, playing outside :)
    Describe Your Personality: I'm open minded, caring and all over a friendly person for the most.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): ?
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I never really believed in soulmates completely, until I met my Fiance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: AbigailMS

Significant Other's Age: mid 20s

What You Do: Pharmacy Tech/Student

What SO Does: Works for a middle man between suppliers and energy companies, not his ideal job, but it pays the bills at the moment.

State of Relationship: Dating, he just suggested we start looking at rings!

How Long You've Been Together: 3+ years

Fur Babies: None, our landlord forbids them, but once our lease is up we're getting an Old English Sheepdog, PRONTO.

Favorite Color: I can never choose. 

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is an amazing judge of character, and he has a big heart.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a video gamer. ugh, and he tends to not clean up as much as I like, but I feel thats probably universal.

Hobbies/Activities: I love to read, scrapbook, and I grew up on a farm so I love animals.

Describe Your Personality: I'm typically a perfectionist. I like good hard work, I don't appreciate laziness and yet I try to see the good in people. I'm kind of an introvert. My friends tend to go out every weekend, and I'd rather read a book, still being 21 I try to go out sometimes, though it rarely happens once a month. My grandparents called me an old soul...my friends just call me old. lol

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): This really depends on the setting. I'm normally not even on the snark radar, unless I'm at work. I won't talk about that, because I'll get snarky just thinking about it. I'd say I never rise above a 3.

I make bows. For really no particular reason, I started when my step brother had a daughter, because I was buying them for her and they were getting expensive and they looked easy to make, they are. I've not bought her a bow since. :)
    Also, SO is Korean, adopted. When we go anywhere with his parents people think I'm their daughter. 

I've been creeping and lurking on all the boards for awhile, but he started talking about needing to look for one last night, and i'm so darn excited!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    light539light539 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Significant Other's Age:23
    What You Do: I go to school full-time (Spanish linguistics) and I'm working at Domino's Pizza atm
    What SO Does: He's the vegetable prep guy at a fancy restuarant
    State of Relationship: Talking about marriage. He's asked me about rings a number of times and we've had other discussions about the future, like how soon we want to buy a house and have kids and how many. It's soon but it feels right.
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 1/2 months
    Favorite Color: Green.blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He gets along with my family. More than that, my family (including my dad) really likes him, which is a first. And when he gets up in the morning he constantly comes back to kiss me while he's getting ready. It's super sweet :)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Um....nothing actually. Maybe the fact that he sleeps in the middle of the bed at night but once I'm asleep it really doesn't matter
    Describe Your Personality:I'm one of those people who really tries to be laidback but ends up being highstrung a lot more than I care to admit...
  • Options
    sparklechic20sparklechic20 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Sparklechic20- something I have used for everything and forever!
    Significant Other's Age: 28
    What You Do: Bank teller- and a preschool teacher
    What SO Does: GM master tech
    State of Relationship: serious- dating- talked about engagement
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    Fur Babies:  Callie a 2 year old boxer
    Favorite Color: pink
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: supports me with everything I have been doing, a great guy!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: right now- house stress!!!  Can be stubborn
    Hobbies/Activities:   kayaking, camping, coaching cheerleading, shopping, being at the beach!  Cooking
    Describe Your Personality: I love to have fun, Im a bubbly person! I love to be in control sometimes because I want things to work out and go smoothly!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): usually a 4-5 but I can get pretty snappy, I dont ike my buttons pushed!!
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I met my boyfriend by asking for a ride in his car- he has a race car and I although I can be a huge girly girl I can be a rough touch take me out camping girl, and Im into cars and one night we were out in the town of york, and asked my friends who he was and somehow it got back to him and we talked and I asked for a ride!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards