Not Engaged Yet

Introduce Yourself Here!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here!

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: samanthar1204

Significant Other's Age: 22

What You Do: i'm a junior in college studying early childhood education

What SO Does: english major working as financial aid assisstant at my school. he is also working on getting into grad school

State of Relationship: he unofficially proposed to me almost a year ago (JAN 2010) and is saving up the money for a ring and a proper proposal.

How Long You've Been Together: 13 months (anniv is nov.12)

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):

When You Got Married (if you're married):

Favorite Color: purple! his is blue.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: its hard to say. i can honestly say i love everything about him. i guess my fav would have to be our compatability. We hardly argue about anything and cannot stay mad at each other for long. we can sit in silence for hours doing our own thing and still feel connected as if we are talking and doing something together. i can talk to him about anything and not feel embarrassed or stupid.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he talks really loudly and sometimes it seems like he's going to bust my eardrums out.

Hobbies/Activities: right now i don't have much time for anything outside of school. when i do i usually just party with my SO and our friends or stumble around on the computer.

Describe Your Personality: i would say that i'm a fairly quiet and peaceful person. i at least try to be peaceful though sometimes i just can't help but get angry and mean. i'm a homebody for sure.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): um....depending on the situation it can range from a 1 or 2 to a 4 or 5.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: i'm 5'5" and my SO is 6'4"
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name:mrswesley2014
    Significant Other's Age:23
    What You Do:Full time student studying earlychildhood development (Graduate June 2012) and I am a Preschool Teacher
    What SO Does:He works for UPS and He is going to Culinary school soon !!
    State of Relationship: Dating...But have talked about engagement and the future but school tuition is placing the engagement ring back.
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 months and some change.
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): He said he will pop the question officially sometime in 2011.......he says it will be a surprize.
    When You Got Married (if you're married): In 2012 or 2013 !!!!
    Fur Babies: 2 Beta Fish ( Fat Louie like off of the movie the Jungle Book and Queeny)
    Favorite Color: Pink  Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is wonderfully compassioante and respectful and kindhearted.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is in Texas and Im in Cali!!
    Hobbies/Activities: Singing,Dancing,Writing,Journaling
    Describe Your Personality: I am nice,caring,understanding,respectful,bubbly,laid back and down to earth also I a very straightforward and I will keep it real and tell you like it is.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I love traveling and I love being surrounded by good people. He is 6'3 and I am 5'6 !!!!Cool
    image image imageWhen is my wedding
    Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com
  • SatireSweetieSatireSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: SatireSweetie

Significant Other's Age: 26

What You Do: Aspiring doctor.. No, really, I'm a Medical Sciences Major with a plan to become a Pathologist. In the meantime, I am a chem lab assistant at the college.

What SO Does: Print Press Operator... he works large machines to make large rolls of plastic and print on them, which then are sent to companies like Johnson & Johnson and Tidy Cat to be used for labels, wrappers, etc. etc. Much more prestigious than it sounds.

State of Relationship: He gave me a promise ring so I believe that it means 'Engaged to be engaged'.

How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years

Fur Babies: Boxer named Jack, Pit-Spaniel mix named Bailey and a tuxedo cat named Manic.

Favorite Color: Red

Favorite Thing About Your SO: It seems to be in my family to get riled up very easily and I do it very, very well. Not only has he not gotten tired of my 'fits' but he makes me laugh when I don't want to laugh... cheesy, but true!

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He refuses to talk to me about marriage. But other than that I think it is that some days I feel more like his mother than his girlfriend.

Hobbies/Activities: Study, study, study. And then there's the gym, Wii, the fur babies, cooking (I love love love to cook) and reading.

Describe Your Personality: I'm really shy until you get to know me and then I'll talk more but I'm not really a loud person per se. I'm witty but I easily offend people even though I don't mean to offend... I just call it as I see it and I'm normally not far off. I cry over just about anything. Not 'throw a fit' type of crying, just 'big tears let it out crying'.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
    We'll go with a 5.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm really nerdy. I love math and science and if I absolutely love playing Dungeons and Dragons.
  • owengirl996owengirl996 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Screen Name: owengirl996
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: I work at an insurance company
    What SO Does: He works at the same insurance company, but a different position. He's been there longer. I had to get into the company before we were married or I wouldn't have been eligible!
    State of Relationship: We'll be engaged as soon as we've paid down some debts
    How Long You've Been Together: Well TECHNICALLY about 9 months. But I've known him for more than 11 years.
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engaged, but we're aiming for May 2012. We'll see though.
    When You Got Married (if you're married): n/a
    Fur Babies: 1 kitty-Louie
    Favorite Color: Purple!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is so sweet and thoughtful! He always puts me first!
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: hmm I honestly don't know, sometimes his negativity I guess
    Hobbies/Activities: scrapbooking, running, tennis
    Describe Your Personality: I'm somewhat shy in person until I get to know someone, or at least feel them out. I'm a lot more outgoing than I used to be!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Hmmm...I have been to all 48 continental US states! lol Hoping to make it to the other two before I get too old!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: SingLoveDance

Significant Other's Age: 28

What You Do: Pharmacuetical Marketing...but currently unemployed =(

What SO Does:  Sales Rep for outdoor sports company

State of Relationship:  Living together

How Long You've Been Together:  3 years and 9 months, living together a year and a half

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engaged yet, but we would like to get married May of 2012

Fur Babies: None yet, but we are looking

Favorite Color: Blue, purple

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He will do anything to make me smile...and he's always successful

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  His messy bathroom habits

Hobbies/Activities:  Reading, spending time with friends/family, watching football...go Giants!

Describe Your Personality:  I guess it depends on the day LOL. I'm outgoing when I'm around people I'm comfortable with, but otherwise pretty quiet and reserved. I'm sarcastic and funny, but also very emotional and sensitive at times.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  8

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  My BF and I met online...even though he will deny it. My family knows and his does not. Having them all in the same room should be interesting!!
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: CryssyLee90
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Student: Business Management...also I run a baking business called Enchanted Desserts
    What SO Does: Trainer for BoA Customer Service Associates
    State of Relationship: No ring but we have decided we will be getting married someday
    How Long You've Been Together: 14 months
    Fur Babies: No fur babies but we have a real baby named Chloe
    Favorite Color: Green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: That he talks to me about the important things instead of keeping me out
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sometimes he plays the video games a little much
    Hobbies/Activities: I love church functions like choir and bell choir and bible studies. I ride horses. I write often. And Baking of course.
    Describe Your Personality: People swear I have ADD issues...I cant stay focused. But thats just because I tend to take on alot at once, Im the type that feels unproductive if I am not busy. Im very bubbly, Im not easily angered. I cant really stay on one project for too long without having to take a break and do something else for a while. Oh and Im addicted to singing lol.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Eh. Ill give myself an 8
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I eat some of the strangest and probably most disgusting combinations of food you have ever seen lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello All,
    I am new to the Message Board World but I am getting really excited about my current relationship as my BF and I move towards the next level in our relationship and I'm sure my coworkers and friends are getting tired of listening to me. I feel like in this medium, i can share everything, and anyone that doesn't want to hear it can roll their eyes and go onto the next post :) Here is a little about m:

Sreen Name:eraver01
    Significant Other's Age:23
    What You Do: Research Assistant at Children's Hospital; MD/PhD Applicant
    What SO Does: Bartender and HS Lax Coach; FMA and Law School Applicant
    State of Relationship:Ringless Engagement, I suppose
    How Long You've Been Together: Since September 16, 2006!
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): No date set yet, we are waiting to hear back from various grad programs.
    Fur Babies: Loki (aka: Loke-a-Doke aka: Loke-ness monster aka: Tone-Loke) A 1.5 yr old red siberian husky (lives with her Daddy)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He never ceases to surprise me. I think I have him figured out and then he goes and does something completely unexpected. He is brilliant yet insanely down to earth.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is too far away from me :( We are currently in our third long distance scenario due to work and school and family.
    Hobbies/Activities: I love to compete. Recently I began running, and I have always enjoyed a good book
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have absolutely zero rhythm. I am that person in the crowd that is clapping on the off-beat, but I don't realize I'm doing it! Also, I have performed skin grafts on rats... all of my patients survived and thrived :)
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Look to the left (I think it's cu97tiger)
    Significant Other's Age: mid 30's
    What You Do: I'm in Marketing
    What SO Does: He's in insurance (wow, we sound boring)
    State of Relationship: Seriously committed, have talked about marrying in 2011
    How Long You've Been Together: 2.5 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): n/a
    Fur Babies: two lab mixes, Casey and Toby
    Favorite Color: orange
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me laugh every single day
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: There is no ring on my finger yet. Just kidding, really my least favorite thing is that he's a little bit of a pessimist. But that's why we're good for each other, because I'm an optimist, so together we meet in the middle :)
    Hobbies/Activities: Watching sports, competing in half marathons and triathlons
    Describe Your Personality: Type A, but I'm lots of fun. Very loyal, love to laugh and be around other people
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Hmm, probably a 4
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: For many years I was a sports broadcaster on the internet, radio and television.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: I forget, but I think it will show up when I post this.
    What You Do: Research
    State of Relationship: Living together (under 6 months)
    How Long You've Been Together: Over 2 years
    Fur Babies: None... yet
    Favorite Color: Purple, if I have to pick just one. But I'm a lover of rainbows, or organized colors (i.e. 64 crayons in a box).
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me want to be a better (wo)man.  
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't like to RSVP.
    Hobbies/Activities: I love to go out dancing. I want to join a book club. I get really into tv shows on dvd, like right now I'm watching Ally McBeal, Season 3. Cooking... Describe Your Personality: The first thing that comes to mins is that I'm chatty. Next, that I love to get a laugh out of people. I overthink things, and love to tell and retell funny stories. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 7
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: The ending of "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold disappointed me.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Nikki_chiki_06 i do believe

Significant Other's Age: 23 until september 10th

What You Do: Full time student in elementary education, part time sub teacher, and a cashier/slave to a certain multi-billion dollar corporation

What SO Does: ...he's looking...economy in our town sucks, and the weather sucks too much for him to commute right now lol

State of Relationship: dating and living together...talking about getting engaged/married talked about eloping, but changed our minds

How Long You've Been Together: six months ago, I had a friend come through my line at work and tell me she had someone for me to meet...I was hesitant, but agreed...we had 3 hours of awkwardness before we figured we were attracted to eachother and three weeks later due to financial reasons (he was paying close to a grand in rent and i was starting a new lease) we moved in together and havent been able to be apart since...crazy i know, but it works for us =)

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): still talking about it

Fur Babies: landlord says no pets =(

Favorite Color:purple/green

Favorite Thing About Your SO: his sense of humor, how easy it is to talk to him, how he's been my rock through a lot of rough times already...how dependable he is, how happy he makes me...

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: lack of job, and addiction to video games lol

Hobbies/Activities: reading for me, video games for him, and ice skating for both of us...me figure, him hockey

Describe Your Personality: emotions are very apparent...i can't hide what im feeling which isnt good at work lol...i'd like to think im caring, kind, nurturing...im going to be an elementary teaching after all lol

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3...i dont like to be mean, but like i said, i can't hide how im feeling and i tell the truth

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: The morning after sean and i met, i had a doctors apt...when they took my blood pressure, it was elevated lol
  • kaylak12kaylak12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:

Significant Other's Age: 21

What You Do: Student at Elizabethtown College

What SO Does: Student at HACC; associate at Tuesday Morning

State of Relationship: Getting engaged within the next 6-9 months

How Long You've Been Together: 9 months

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Hopefully in 2014 or 2015

Fur Babies:

Favorite Color: Green and purple

Favorite Thing About Your SO: HIs calming and soothing voice and blue eyes

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His room is "never" clean!

Hobbies/Activities: Hiking, singing, playing music, watching TV and movies, talking

Describe Your Personality: I can be quiet at first, but around my friends I'm really fun, upbeat, and bubbly.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I love events planning, and I can't wait to start planning my own wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: 
    ugalawgirl12
    Significant Other's Age:

What You Do:
    law student
    What SO Does:
    Accountant for major cable company
    State of Relationship:
    living together
    How Long You've Been Together:
    A year on January 24!!

3L year

Fur Babies:
    Two Yorkies- Kali & Chaz

Favorite Color:
    Pink
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    How much he grounds me

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He thinks he knows everything!

Hobbies/Activities:
    Running, Reading

Describe Your Personality:
    Very girly and outgoing

• edited December 2011
    Hey everyone! I am super new to all this and am so happy to see how weldoming everyone is! Not to mention the great advice!

Screen Name:Polkadotminnie
    Significant Other's Age:24
    What You Do:Ballroom Dance Instructor
    What SO Does:Ballroom Dance Instructor :)
    State of Relationship:Not engaged yet
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):May 19,2012
    Fur Babies: A little roxie :) (my puppy)
    Favorite Color:Yellow
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:He watches The Nanny with me on nick at night almost every night after work :)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:Oh the video games.. he is trying to get me to play && i might just give in soon
    Hobbies/Activities:Dancing Reading & Running(when its warm out)
    Describe Your Personality:Bubbly & choleric
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):?
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:I worked In disney world for a while & came back just in time to meet my best friend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Screen Name: lucky1713
    Significant Other's Age: 31
    What You Do: Nursery School Teacher
    What SO Does: Public works, firefighter, EMT
    State of Relationship: Dating, talking about marriage
    How Long You've Been Together:2 years
    Favorite Color: purple, silver, deep red
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How he makes me feel
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Mama's boy
    Hobbies/Activities: scrapbooking,
    Describe Your Personality: Jersey rock girl born with a country heart
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5..i'm pretty even
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I can hang a spoon from the tip of my nose

Can't wait to get into the boards!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: MrsCatfish

What You Do: I'm a full-time PhD student, and I teach part-time at a couple local colleges.

What SO Does: He's a photographer/photography teacher.

State of Relationship: Seriously, seriously, seriously dating.  And making jokes about asking my Dad (who will look at him and laugh and say "finally" when he does).

How Long You've Been Together: 7 years this April :-)

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Either Christmas 2011 or early Summer 2012 (we live our lives by the semester schedule, or we'd get married in November or some other month)

Fur Babies: Smudge, my 4 year old lhasa apso, so named because she's an excited pooper.

Favorite Color: Sapphire, and pink

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has skills.  He rewired my house to fix a short, and he just rebuilt the transmission on his truck.  He's fantastic.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a smoker, which I don't like.  And he's late to everything, which I can learn to live with.

Hobbies/Activities: Reading, working on the house, and Zumba
    Describe Your Personality: Quirky, a little ridiculous, and sometimes socially awkward

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Oh, probably somewhere around a 4-6, depending on my mood.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have a completely irrational fear of pigeons.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Southrnbell
    What You Do: Teacher
    What SO Does: Music
    State of Relationship: In love
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engaged yet
    When You Got Married (if you're married): N/A
    Fur Babies: A maltese named Molly Mae
    Favorite Color: Red
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His sense of Humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: When he changes the subject because he doesn't want to talk about what I want to talk about..lol.
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, dancing, scrapbooking
    Describe Your Personality: Pretty easy-going, funny, sweet
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Probably a 2
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I line dance and love it!
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: SKPatton

Significant Other's Age: 29

What You Do: Outside Business-to-Business Sales

What SO Does: Business Development Manager

State of Relationship: Living together for over a year

How Long You've Been Together: 7 years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): N/A

Fur Babies: 2 girls - a Maltese mix (Millie) and a Springer Spaniel (Pippy)

Favorite Color: Pink Kiss

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is unbelievably understanding and supportive.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His ability to completely tune me out at times.

Hobbies/Activities: Cooking, reading, DIY projects

Describe Your Personality: Hmm....

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Probably between 5-7

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm old and boring. Cool
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make it so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, or drop a jar of applesauce." -Natalie Goldberg
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking for mine, and realized that it was on my old screen name, which got banned!  So I figured I'd post again, for fun.

Screen Name: Calindi

Significant Other's Age: 28

What You Do: Event Programmer for a magazine

What SO Does: Law student and 2nd Lt in the USMC (soon to be JAG Officer)

State of Relationship: Living together for over a year

How Long You've Been Together: 2+ years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Aug/Sept 2012

Fur Babies: None... fin baby is a betta fish named Frank

Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's my best friend - there's no person I'd rather have by my side whether I'm happy or sad.  He's incredibly motivated and inspires me with his discipline to achieve whatever he puts his mind to doing.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He sweats - a LOT.  His workout clothes always look like he jumped in a pool.

Hobbies/Activities: Painting, cooking, sailing, running (gosh, never thought that'd be a hobby of mine... how things change!)

Describe Your Personality: Honest, friendly, open minded, adventurous, confident.  I'm a bit of a renassiance woman in that I know a little about a lot.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Meh... usually 2-3.  I'm not going to be snarky and passive aggressive if I have something nasty to say - I'm going to be direct and blunt.  And I detest when people are mean just because they think it's funny - I'm only mean when someone personally attacks or offends me.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I've been to 20 countries, speak fluent Spanish and basic Mandarin Chinese.  I can pogo-stick without my hands, and I can twirl 8 hula hoops at once around my waist.

Anniversary

• iheartyou10iheartyou10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Introduce Yourself Here!:
    Screen Name:iheartyou10
     Significant Other's Age:22
    What You Do:HairStylist
    What SO Does:Retail
    State of Relationship: Just Dating <3
     How Long You've Been Together:3 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):--  
    When You Got Married (if you're married): ---
    Fur Babies: Chrysler New Yorker Named Shawn* 
     Favorite Thing About Your SO: His Committment & Honesty & Seriousness 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:He gets nosey sometimes.. & OverProtective Hobbies/Activities: I love to write, I sing and Play instruments in my spare time Describe Your Personality: Very Quiet~ Sweet, Caring Kind-Hearted, Mature. (Real) Goofy at timesSurprised 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I would say 5, I'm Very moody at times so it changes. 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Something interesting about me * very multitalented. and i'm independent.
  • aussiedazeaussiedaze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: aussiedaze
    Significant Other's Age: 29
    What You Do: Law school student interning for the District Attorney's office.
    What SO Does:  Construction
    State of Relationship: "Unofficially" engaged 
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 year this month
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): 12/10/2011
    Fur Babies: 1 mutt dog (Rocky) and 1 calico cat (Cali)
    Favorite Color: Pink!
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's sweet, funny and gentleman.  
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a little overprotective.
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, running (though I've been slacking recently.  I need to get back into it), going to the movies, wedding planning!
    Describe Your Personality: I'm loud and love to laugh.  I'm very sensitive and love all "girly" things.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5.  I can be snarky if I'm in a bad mood, but I usually try to stay snark free.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  My career goal is to become a supreme court justice! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • m00siem00sie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: m00sie
    Significant Other's Age: 23
    What You Do: Law/Business student and administrator
    What SO Does: Psychology student
    State of Relationship: Committed :)
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 years on Feb 17
    Fur Babies: Boston and Miley (our brother and sister black cats)
    Favorite Color: White
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: She is the voice of reason Laughing
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Doesn't like to argue (lol!)
    Hobbies/Activities: Anything crafty
    Describe Your Personality: I like to get my own way and may come across as quite cold, but deep down I'm a big softie.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Mirafin

Significant Other's Age: 36

What You Do: Small Restaurant Manager/Seamstress

What SO Does: Mixer at Artisan Bakery

State of Relationship: Engaged, but haven't told many people yet.

How Long You've Been Together: 41/2 years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not yet decided

Fur Babies: Fiona, a lovable 4 year-old brown tiger stripe cat.

Favorite Color: Green or Blue, sometimes red

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His personal strength and humor

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Sometimes he chews with his mouth open.

Hobbies/Activities: Reading, sewing (or general crafting)

Describe Your Personality: I'm pretty laid back and always try to look on the bright side, but I can get very depressed about things as well.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Most of the time a 1, when I get upset it goes way up though.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've worked as both a seamstress and a floral arranger.  When I was an arranger, my specialty was doing the ribbon wrap handles on bouquets.
  • AMorrispinkAMorrispink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: AMorrispink
    What You Do: Hallmark Management (Corporate Stores)
    What SO Does:  Nursing School/Retail
    State of Relationship: Set a date but no 'formal' asking...(I know, a little BSC)
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years in May
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): 05/27/2012
    Fur Babies: Brody, our Shepherd/Lab Mix
    Favorite Color: Fuschia
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He loves ALL of me. Baggage, Crazy Family, No makeup....all of me. And he's soo smart without being pretentious.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Can I say MIL?
    Hobbies/Activities: Dancing, Reading, Laughing,
    Describe Your Personality: I'm that girl you look at on a regular basis and go "seriously....who spiked her drink with sunshine....cuz she's always so POSITIVE" I know that can be annoying sometimes...
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):Probably a 3....unless you catch me on those 3 special days a month....then I roll quickly to an 8
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I've auditioned to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader twice and THIS will be my year....(dang it.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name:ericsbabygirl26
    Significant Other's Age:40
    What You Do:customer service
    What SO Does:tech support/compuers
    State of Relationship:not engaged yet
    How Long You've Been Together:8 months
    When You Got Married (if you're married):n/a
    Fur Babies:n/a
    Favorite Color:blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:he makes me laugh and puts up with my mood swinfs
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:procrastination
    Hobbies/Activities:reading,
    Describe Your Personality: im loving but if you cross me watch out. Im easily forgiving. i do retarded things all the time and laugh at my mistakes easily.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):5
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: im clumsy, working through my aa so i can get into the run program and adore my 2 yr old
    I Cant wait to start my forever with my best friend! To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.~Borrowed this:-)
  • siddathorntonsiddathornton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: siddathornton

Significant Other's Age: 24

What You Do:  i work as an editorial consultant for a neurosurgeon. i'm working toward getting a masters in physician assistant.

What SO Does: he is about to finish physician assistant school.

State of Relationship: we are not yet engaged, but we have been talking seriously about it for about two months now.

How Long You've Been Together: 6 years in may.

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): we've talked about april 2012.

Fur Babies: he has tahoe (tata) a lab/chow mix. i have mollie jean (miniature schnauzer), abilene (mutt), honey bear (pomeranian), and sam (tabby cat)

Favorite Color: blue.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: he is absolutely hilarious. we have the same sense of humor and we love to laugh together over silly/ridiculous things that no one else thinks is funny.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can be quite pessimistic.

Hobbies/Activities: i love reading, writing, blogging, running, painting,  and music.

Describe Your Personality:i am a bit of an introvert, but also outgoing. i know it doesn't make much sense. i love being around people, but i highly value my re-charging, personal time.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2 on a good day. 5 on a bad day.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: i love love love coffee. my SO is on me about it all the time, but i think i am slowly getting him addicted to starbucks... oops. i love driving around with the windows down and the music up. i love makeup and fashion and hair. and roadtrips. my friends live all over the place, and i love driving to go visit them. i also love to read - it keeps me centered. working out is a big priority to me, but it's hard for me to say no to going out to eat/to see a movie after work, and going to the gym instead. my SO and i were college sweethearts, and we've been through a lot, but we love each other and i couldn't see myself being happier with anyone else :)

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: trebmal
    Significant Other's Age: 35
    What You Do: teacher
    What SO Does: mailman
    State of Relationship: living together/talked about marriage
    How Long You've Been Together: 5 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): n/a
    Fur Babies: none yet, getting a puppy in march
    Favorite Color: PINK
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his eyes
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he never closes drawers or cabinet doors
    Hobbies/Activities:  reading, working out
    Describe Your Personality: easy going
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 10+
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: BF and I grew up in the same SMALL town our entire lives but didn't meet until last august...sad...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gooseandroogooseandroo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: gooseandroo (nicknames for each other)
    Significant Other's Age: Jason is 26.
    What You Do: Caregiver/ Medication Technician
    What SO Does: Inspector for City of Sac
    State of Relationship: Getting engaged soon
    How Long You've Been Together: 10 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): March 2, 2012
    Fur Babies: My cat, Huey.  He's my baby  :)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is so intelligent it makes me sick sometimes, lol. Both street smart and book smart. Most of the things that I'm horrible at he's great at!  But most of all his kindness.  He is always putting other people before himself.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has an oppinion about EVERYTHING and expresses them all!
    Hobbies/Activities: Hollyn: singing, school, shopping (I <3 shoes), Nascar, Hockey...
    Describe Your Personality: I'm very outgoing and personable! Jay is quiet and shy until you get to know him.  That's why we became such good friends right away and why we balance each other out so well.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): My snark level is like a 1...seriously.  Jay talks to me constently about standing up for my self a little more.  I do when it really affects me but I just don't get mad or bossy very often.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Jay and I met at our church when I was 19 and he was 20.  We became best friends.  He dated my first roommate!  I love working with elderly people and im really into fashion... and im marrying a Canadian! 
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Jilld82

Significant Other's Age:30

What You Do: Nanny

What SO Does: Mortgage broker

State of Relationship:Engaged

How Long You've Been Together:1.5 years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):Aug 13th 2011

Fur Babies: No

Favorite Color: Robin egg blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO: How amazing he is with our neice and nephews and just kids in general.  I can't wait until we have kids because he is going to be such an amazing daddy(God willing)

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is currently snoring, so that.

Hobbies/Activities: Shopping, I love spending time with our neice and nephews plus all of the cousins that my family comes with.  Me and Fi like to try new and different things.  We usually have to have a plan for our weekends otherwise we can get antsy.  With that being said we also enjoy our movie nights and lazy sundays watching football and basketball.  I also really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes out for my man.

Describe Your Personality:  I am very outgoing and have loads of energy.  I am very sarcastic but usually because I am trying to be funny not mean.  Trust me I would rather make someone laugh than cry.  I can be very spoiled and have been very fortunate in my life but I don't judge others.  I love hearing about other peoples upbringing and backgrounds. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I would say about a three to four unless people at a higher snark level get me all riled up, thats kind of why I like this board, all of your girls seem really nice and don't seem to bite heads off for having one opinion.  Or if you have an opinion you are at least niceish about it.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself ...I'm allergic to nuts and I don't eat things that are blue
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: amandanoelle12
    Significant Other's Age: 31
    What You Do: Teacher
    What SO Does: Electrician
    State of Relationship: In a serious relationship
    How Long You've Been Together: 6.5 years
    Favorite Color: Pink
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Just about everything.  Most of all the way he gets me and makes me feel like I could always tell him anything. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His bad gas.
    Hobbies/Activities: I like crafty things, though I feel like I never have time.  I also love to read.  We like to ride on his motorcycle and his 4wheelers.
    Describe Your Personality: Quiet at first, always stay true, very family and friends oriented, people watcher, compassionate.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I obviously haven't been on TK long enough to know this, so I'll put it at TBD.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I usually hang out on TN since we have a house together.  I thought checking out TK boards were sorta jumping the gun until I found this board.  My wedding is already planned, I'm just waiting for the ring so I can start booking, I've been dropping mostly subtle but some more obvious hints lately since we've been together over 6 years and I'm getting antsy Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: beckycruze

What We Do: My boyfriend and I recently left our full-time jobs to pursue a web startup. It's called BeCouply (http://becouply.com) and is devoted to helping couples celebrating their romance!

State of Relationship: We are living together and have talked a lot about marriage. But we are not yet engaged.

Favorite Color: Pink and purple (I'm pretty girly!)

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me laugh every day! Plus he is incredibly smart and sweet!

Hobbies/Activities: travelling, reading, dancing, cheering for the Steelers

Describe Your Personality: Former girl next door who is learning to be a stronger, smarter businesswoman every day

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): probably a 3 or 4

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I twirled baton when I was in elementary school, including fire batons!
    Check out my couple page at http://becouply.com/becky-and-pius
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards