What you do: Editor for small company in Grand Rapids

What significant other does: HVAC and refs basketball part-time

State of relationship: Not yet engaged

How long you've been together: Almost two years

When you're getting married: N/A

When you got married: N/A

Fur babies: N/A

Favorite color: Purple / light blue

Favorite thing about your significant other: Intellect/humour. We think the same way and understand the same things. There is never a dull moment in our conversations. He stands up for what's right without an issue, where I, in many cases, am apt to back down. He's very good with my siblings (I'm one of nine) and neices/nephews, and he loves teaching AWANA at our church. : )

Least favorite thing about your significant other: He's an indoors kind of guy. I'm much more active.

Hobbies/activities: Me- family, drawing, piano, scary movies, and teaching @ church. SO- basketball, football, working with his dad on the 57 Chevy Belair, teaching @ church, anything with kids.

Describe your personality: I'm a bit of a perfectionist (but I'm not a bum about it, I promise). I love being on the go (always going out somewhere: mall, park, etc.), but I'm not a partier. I love traveling and learning about history and languages. I will never be the person to stand up for myself, because I'm very shy; I back out of conflict.

Snark level: I'm assuming this means how much of a bitty I can be? Urm, well, I really hate conflict. If I see something wrong or out of place (at work, home, etc), I'm likely to not say anything at all, and take my own time to fix it when the person isn't there. If someone starts an argument with me, I'm likely to apologize whether or not it's my fault. I would say usally 1-2; 3-4 on a very bad day.
    **Note: This does not mean I don't have a backbone. I can have one, I just rarely find the need to use it. I have a very long fuse.**

Tell us something interesting about yourself: Well, I've got a few things that might make my future wedding interesting! I have a really funky (but very wonderful) family. My biological dad (left when I was very young, but we are still somewhat close) has four other children. The dad that I grew up with passed away while he was teaching me to roller skate when I was 14 (I would really like to incorporate something special about him into the wedding when it happens someday), and he and my mom have two other kids. My step-dad (married when I was 16) has two kids as well. So, I am from a family of nine kids. I have been best friends with the same two girls since I was in kindergarten. One is engaged now, and the other is planning on finishing her degree before thinking about a serious relationship.
  • tallgirldoestallgirldoes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Tallgirldoes

Significant Other's Age:29

What You Do: I work for Marks and Spencer (uk)

What SO Does: Radio engineer

State of Relationship: Wonderful :D we brought our first house a year ago

How Long You've Been Together: Just coming up to four years

When You're Getting Married: Not engaged but I like the idea of a winter wedding, all of our major milestones have happened during the winter months

Fur Babies: Two British Shorthair cats, Topaz and Trevor

Favourite Colour: Green (darker shades)

Favourite Thing About Your SO: The way he will do small things just to make me smile, and the way he will subconsciously reach out to brush my arm when we’re out shopping or with friends.

Least Favourite Thing About Your SO: His Snoring :P

Hobbies/Activities: I am an avid Horse rider, I used to own my own boy but he retired two years ago.

Describe Your Personality: Lively and easily excitable, :P honest and imaginative.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): um, its difficult, :P one week in four I’m lovely, and two weeks of the four i'm tactful but honest, and the last week don’t try, cause I can be mean :P
  • Peach311Peach311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:  Peach311

Significant Other's Age: 32

What You Do :Esthetician

What SO Does: Sound Engineer

State of Relationship: We live together. NEY, we found a ring recently though, so I think it is coming fairly soon.

How Long You've Been Together: Almost 2 years.

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):As I said NEY, but we have talked a lot about marriage, so we know we want to be married next fall.

When You Got Married (if you're married):N/A

Fur Babies: 2 cats. One American short hair, and one Persian mix.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His intelligence and sense of humor. Also, he always lets me know in a million little ways everyday that he is always thinking of me and us.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is too passive . I call it "Nice Guy Eddie Syndrome". Which makes me the muscle in the relationship a lot of the time. It's annoying.

Hobbies/Activities: I'm not sporty at all, but I do love to be outside. I like taking walks and going to the beach in the summer. I'm an avid reader. I took up knitting a couple of years ago, but I don't have the patience for it all the time. My BF plays giutar and is also a big reader. Together we like taking road trips and exploring new places either for the day or weekend get aways. We live in Chicago, but we love going to SW Michigan. We are both from close families and spend a lot of time with both.

Describe Your Personality: Friendly, approachable, laid back (almost to a fault, I have been told.)

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the situation. I enjoy and appreciate snark if it is applied with humor, not to make someone feel bad or stupid. Which you see a lot on message boards. There is a fine line between snarky and b**chy. I fall somewhere around a 5, give or take..

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  My BF and I met online right as I was about to cancel my membership. I had been doing the online thing for almost 3 years at that point with no luck. I was burned out and it was starting to feel like a part time job. I was totally jaded and cynical about guys and relationships. My application for my spinster card was in the mail. My BF, was at the tail end of his divorce and had only had his profile up for 2 weeks when I emailed him. He lived almost 70 miles away from me and was not at all ready for anything serious considering where he was at in his life. I still don't know why I emailed him that day, I had just told my best friend I was taking down my profile and when I went on to do it, I saw his picture and something made me send that first message. it took about 3 weeks of emails and phone calls for us to meet, and we have been inseperable ever since.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: smash615 (ash for short)

Significant Other's Age: 22

What You Do: I'm a college student. Working toward a degree in Early Childhood Education

What SO Does: He works at a company that produces bee keeping supplies and etc.

State of Relationship: We live together, but I have a feeling the proposal is coming soon!

How Long You've Been Together: 7 years on 11/23

Fur Babies: 1 dog : Cujo

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes me feel beautiful & perfect

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He tends to be on the messy side

Hobbies/Activities: I like to read, play board games and cards, rollerblade, and I do a little sewing (I love to sew aprons!) My SO likes to play video games haha. Together we lilke to re-create recipes at home that we've had at restaurants.

Describe Your Personality: My BF just said I'm spunky. I wouldn't catagorize myselfe as that! haha I am however a mix of an old soul and a child at heart. I try hard to be true to myself. I'm very much a romantic, not so much to mushy mushy stuff but I just believe in love and that it never fails, if you don't let it.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  6 or 7

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My BF and I started dating when we were 14/15 years old. When we were in the 9th grade. We've had a rocky relationship in highschool (like any highschool relationship) but things have definitely smoothed out since then Smile

** Love Never Fails **
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Sunshineboots

Significant Other's Age: 23

What You Do: Massage Therapist and Artist
    What SO Does: Working to pay for school right now

State of Relationship: Engaged to be engaged?? lol We know we are getting married, we have a date set, family and friends are happy we found each other, we are getting a house next summer and I will be adopting his four year old boy after we get married. My FB status says "in a relationship" so I guess since the actual proposal hasn't happened yet (altho he teases me all the time by saying things like, "with the way I am going to ask, there is no way you can say no" or "you will be soo surprised" or "I hope you like what I picked out") I am just getting the feel of how to prepare for everything that comes with the wedding. Wanting to covering all my bases and make this memorable day as planned out and taken care of as possible because I am only getting married once! But honestly, I am excited for the lifetime of marriage more than the actual wedding day haha. Does that make sense?

How Long You've Been Together: You are going to think this is CRAZY but I met Neil in the beginning of August, our first date was on August 15th and he asked me to be his girlfriend on August 22nd. What can I say? We fell hard and fast. We are best friends now, share everything, completely honest with each other and he makes me happier than I ever knew was possible. The "puppy love" stage has worn off and yet he still finds ways to make me laugh daily. It may be crazy, but we are crazy in love <3

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): October 11th 2012. Neil asked me to marry him October 11th of this year as we were cuddled watching tv and I said, "Next time I hear those words from your lips there better be a ring, you down on one knee and a FB status change." It was wonderful to hear that he felt the same as I did but I want the proposal to come with telling the parents, showing off my left ring finger and the territory of being a fiance. Not just the idea of getting married.
    When You Got Married (if you're married): N/A

Fur Babies: I have all of the fur babies but Neil loves them! Boston terrier Razzle, ball python Charlie and two cats Cosmo and Oreo.
    Favorite Color: Blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His hands... he is always there to protect me or hold me. I feel safe with him.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is a smoker trying to quit!

Hobbies/Activities: I am an artist and he is a musician. I love watching him mess around on his guitar or going to one of his shows live!! He loves being in my art studio and how creative I am with my crafts.

Describe Your Personality: Very cheery due to Neil making me happy, level headed and filled with common sense, artsy and creative while still very good at managing money... I don't really find many people whom I don't get along with :) I am very loyal and love to converse with new people. I choose to sometimes act like a bubbly dumb blonde but I think that is due to wearing my inner child on the outside. I love to have fun with my future hubby! We are a very social couple that all the couples we know come to us for advice or double dates.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'd like to think that I am very low maintenance, I try to not step on any toes, but if I am passionate about something, I will speak my mind. Sooo maybe a 5? Not very pushy but I have a spine?

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Neil is everything I ever wanted and nothing like I expected. He is the one. I've never thought that of any other person and now that I found him, I can't imagine life without him. When not with Neil to keep myself sane I love Zen, New Found Glory and yoga. Neil keeps me grounded and protected. Judge all you want about the short time we have been with each other but we are approaching everything with a level head, in the correct way as to not ruin the amazing relationship we have. 

I am always available to say hi and will probably be asking for advice shortly. 

- Anna
    To quote Neil, "If true love exists, this has to be it <3"
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: HaneyMobile

Significant Other's Age: 23 

What You Do: Office Manager at a Speech Therapy Clinic

What SO Does: Neuroscientist, starting PhD studies next fall

State of Relationship: Living together for about a year and a half

How Long You've Been Together: Three years

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): ?

Fur Babies: None, our apartment doesn't allow pets, Frown but we consider my parent's black lab, Buck, and my boss's doberman, Leo to be our surrogate puppies because we dog-sit for them so often. 

Favorite Color: Green / Purple / Yellow / Gray (is that weird?)

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His sense of humor. He's been making me laugh for nearly six years (we were best friends for 2 and a half years before we started dating). He's also the smartest person I've ever met, which I find insanely sexy. 

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a HUGE procrastinator. Every single thing he does is at the very last possible minute. Also he fancies himself a "beer connoisseur" and loves to collect "small batch microbrews and craft brews". So he'll spend $8 on one beer but gets annoyed when I want to buy makeup. 

Hobbies/Activities: We LOVE to play videogames together. We also collect books, love to cook together and find cool, locally owned, restaurants. 

Describe Your Personality: I'm a generally happy, fun-loving person. I love to make people laugh, and sarcasm is like a second language to me. I'm  this really weird combination of optimistic and cynical which makes sense to me, but most other people (like my mother) find baffling. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Eh, it depends. Most of the time I'll be as understanding and empathetic as I can possibly be, but I have a really low tolerance for stupidity. So let's say... 3-6. 

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a huge nerd. Star Wars, Harry Potter, videogames, internet, you name it. I guess people (again, my mother) find that interesting because I don't really "look like a nerd". But I wasn't aware that there was a rule-book for what a nerd has to look like. Maybe I missed something. Can't I like fashion, shoes, home decor AND read the entire Harry Potter series 20 times? AND be a gamer? AND get irritated when I find out someone hasn't seen Star Wars? AND have a strange obsession with Broadway musicals? Just me then? I'm ok with that. 
  • mamabearr20mamabearr20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Mamabearr20
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: SAHM and Home daycare
    What SO Does: Cook/Student
    State of Relationship: Not engaged
    How Long You've Been Together: over 2 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged):
    When You Got Married (if you're married):
    Fur Babies:
    Favorite Color: yellow
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's a great daddy
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Major blanket hog
    Hobbies/Activities: Nothing really.
    Describe Your Personality: Laid back
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Me and my SO have a 15 month old daughter.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name
    AshaJay13
    Significant Other's Age
    What You Do
    Full-time student
    What SO Does
    Musician
    State of Relationship
    Dating....moving in serious directions
    How Long You've Been Together
    2 years

Fur Babies
    We have no official fur baby but we take my family dog, Shadow, whenever possible
    Favorite Color
    Lime Green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO
    I love how suave he is (I call him Mr. Too Cool)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO
    He is hard-headed
    Hobbies/Activities
    I love to dance, cook, and travel
    Describe Your Personality
    I'm pretty outgoing, fun-loving, and understanding. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve but hey, sometimes that's where it needs to be. I like to think that I have a Leo personality to the "T"
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark])
    Jeesh, I'd say about a 2 but on a bad day it can reach some hazardous levels.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: 
    My boyfriend and I actually had a class together when I was a sophomore in HS and he was a senior. We even sat right NEXT to each other. I would always try to start conversation (we happened to both be born in Detroit) but he would essentially just nod and ignore. A year later and he couldn't get enough ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name:Brainbow
    Significant Other's Age:25 on saturday
    What You Do: Part time student/ full time hostess
    What SO Does: Construction / waiter
    State of Relationship: Engaged-ish. Lets just say its not Facebook Official yet lmao
    How Long You've Been Together: ~5 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Next year
    Fur Babies: Kubi the kitty
    Favorite Color: ... pink  -_-
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Cooks for me! AND FOLDS MY LAUNDRY
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Drinks all my wine, and eats all my chips.
    Hobbies/Activities: I like art.. making it, learning about it, viewing it.. etc. My BFs mistress is skydiving.  He does it every weekend.
    Describe Your Personality: Shockingly Bland!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): What is this I dont even
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My SO and I met on the internet :D  He was supposed to help me learn spanish, but it didn't quite turn out that way. 5 years later and I still know less spanish than Dora the explorer.
  • mrigellmrigell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: mrigell
    Significant Other's Age: 21
    What You Do: Student
    What SO Does: Student
    State of Relationship: High school sweethearts, got back together junior year of college. Planning our wedding, but not officially engaged yet.
    How Long You've Been Together: A little over 28 months. 
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Hoping for October 20th or 27th of 2012
    Favorite Color: Blue (which is also my BM dress color)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His blue eyes and his laugh.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Procrastination and messiness
    Hobbies/Activities: Violin
    Describe Your Personality: I'm laid-back, and I like simplicity. I'm organized to a fault, and I love to make lists and budget. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Not entirely sure what this is, but if I'm guessing right, I'd say 1.5.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've never been to a wedding as someone other than a violinist (performing in that wedding.) But I love weddings, and I can't wait to get married.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: laurenann82
    Significant Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: teacher
    What SO Does: photographer
    State of Relationship: living together, not engaged yet
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 years, 2 months
    Fur Babies: 2 kitties! I'll get some pictures up eventually
    Favorite Color: green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's so calm and collected, he keeps me super grounded and rational
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can be a bit *too* snarky sometimes
    Hobbies/Activities: shopping, watching movies, arts and crafts, going out for dinner or drinks
    Describe Your Personality:  I'm kinda shy and fairly quirky
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5ish, but I don't take things online personally
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I've traveled to 44 states, 6 more to go!
  • drummerbonbondrummerbonbon member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: drummerbonbon

Significant Other's Age: 24

What You Do: Student- majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in English

What SO Does: Works three jobs- works for a catering company, stocks Red Bull, and is a substitute teacher

State of Relationship: Happily dating, planning wedding

How Long You've Been Together: 9 months

Fur Babies: My family has a cat and his has a dog, but we don't have any yet because we don't live together.

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He drives two hours to see me at school every couple weeks

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Nada.

Hobbies/Activities: I love to read and watch movies; he likes to read and play video games.

Describe Your Personality: I'm quiet and shy, and he's outgoing and loud.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Maybe a 2 or 3.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was in show choir in high school, and I still love to sing whenever I can. I still remember some of the dance moves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: niknik15
    Significant Other's Age:25
    What You Do: Mechanical Engineer in a ballistics and explosives department
    What SO Does: flight instructor and soccer coach
    State of Relationship: simply amazing
    How Long You've Been Together: over 2 and a half years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): not engaged yet but we have talked about marraige a lot. mostly just saving up enough money for that right now
    Fur Babies: Gabby - she is a 110 lb mutt of every large dog imaginable
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His humor and personality
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: sometimes I have trouble getting him to tell me exactly how he feels
    Hobbies/Activities: anything creative: drawing, painting, jewelry making, cake decorating, cooking, sweing etc.
    Describe Your Personality: pretty laid back although I like to stay active
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): probably around a 2. I say what I think but usually dont have strong feelings towards other people's issues.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Usually I express my feelings in my facial expresssions which usually make my boyfriend laugh
  • PiSquaredPiSquared member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi all. I'm new to this here board.

Screen Name: PiSquared

Significant Other's Age: 37

What You Do: Clinical Engineer

What SO Does: Changing careers and currently in school full time for computer systems

State of Relationship: Serious relationship. We've recently started talking marriage.

How Long You've Been Together: We've known each other for 8 or 9 years and been dating for a bit over a year

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engaged yet. Marriage will need to wait until he finishes school, so 2012 at the earliest.

Fur Babies: I am pet free; he has a very demanding calico kitty, with whom I have a love-hate relationship. She lets me know that she was there first.

Favorite Color: Yellow, though I don't war a lot of it.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: His intellect and humor. I love my geek!

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:He lives so far away. We're currently living over an hour away from each other.

Hobbies/Activities: Sewing, cooking, bowling, recovering ren faire addict. His list will also include watching really bad sci-fi movies.

Describe Your Personality:He calls me 'complicated' and I guess that works because I have a lot of varied interests. Can you simultaneously be laid back and a bit obsessive-compulsive?

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): A good medium level of snark, probably around a 5 or 6. Depending on the day, my sass mouth sometimes gets the better of me.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I used to fence competitively, then theatrically, with a bit of stage combat thrown in. I haven't done either in a few years and I'm starting to miss it.

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Debbie4020
    Significant Other's Age:24
    What You Do: I am a History/ Sociology student
    What SO Does: He is looking at going back to school in the fall. 
    State of Relationship: Serious; Both looking for something longterm 
    How Long You've Been Together: 11 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): August 2012
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: I love how he is very considerate and caring even when I know I don't really deserve it.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Words don't come easily to him, and I talk a lot... Sometimes waiting ten minutes for a conversation to continue is really difficult
    Hobbies/Activities: Dance; Music; Friends
    Describe Your Personality: Cheery, Playful and upbeat.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Both my SO and myself have webbed toes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Liellie124Liellie124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:
    Liellie124
    Significant Other's Age:
    What You Do:
    Law Student
    What SO Does:
    Builing contractor
    State of Relationship:
    We have been together for 3years 10months
    Fur Babies:
    I have the most lovable african grey parrot, named Bubbles
    Favorite Color:
    Pink red silver
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He Really really loves me.. he's shown me that so may times
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He never lets  me have a sunday afternoon snooze..
    Hobbies/Activities:
    Love hiking and reading alot
    Describe Your Personality:
    I am a very caring and soft person, I love working with people and animals
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):
    Level 2
    I live in South Africa.. Really do love it here, wouldn't move for anything.
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name:  becunning2

Significant Other's Age:  30

What You Do:  I'm working on a master's degree to get certified to teach Latin in high schools.  I proudly wear the label of DORKUS MAXIMUS on my shirt.  I'll spare you the grammatically based lecture on why that's the inappropriate phrase for me too... (Did I mention being a dork?)

What SO Does:  Working on his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering.

State of Relationship:  Not engaged.

How Long You've Been Together: Two years.

Fur Babies:  60 pound fluffy mutt & two well-meaning but troublesome cats.

Favorite Color:   Blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO:  The way his eyes sparkle (they sparkle, so help me god!) when he's laughing, teasing, and having a good time.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He can be a grump when he's stressed out.

Hobbies/Activities:  Horseback riding, knitting, reading, translating dead languages, scolding my cats.

Describe Your Personality:  Quirky.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  It depends on the day, definitely.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:  I inherit the caribou head.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: jenniann87

Significant Other's Age: 37 (yeah i know that is a big age difference but we have known each other for awhile and were friends before we started dating. We have both been in really bad relationships before and finally found each other and are soul mates.)

What You Do: I have bartended for about 3 years but am just a stay at home girlfriend right now while I am waiting for my new bar to open.

What SO Does: He works for Chrysler

State of Relationship: Dating/Living together. Waiting for the ring.

How Long You've Been Together: A year and a half

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Not engaged yet but have talked about spring or fall of 2012

Fur Babies: We have a 1 year old cat, DaKota. She is all white and spoiled rotten. LOL.

Favorite Color: PiNK!!!!!  

Favorite Thing About Your SO: How supportive he is of me in EVERYTHING that I do.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He gets very OCD at times and it drives me nuts.

Hobbies/Activities: DANCE! I love to dance. I have been dancing since I was 2 and have done everything, tap, jazz, lyrical, ballet, modern/comtemporary and hip-hop. It is a huge stress reliever for me and makes me feel great. I also enjoy scrapbooking, shopping, taking pictures, sports and spending time with my family and friends.

Describe Your Personality: Outgoing, Fun, Friendly, Energetic, and Dependable.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am a huge girly girl but also love sports. Whether I am playing them or watching them. I am super competitive and not afraid to get a little dirty, I can play sports with the best of the boys. My favorites are baseball, volleyball, football and hockey.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: sparkles88

What You Do: student/office work (I graduated this year, but now I'm taking classes in the subject I wanted to study the first time!)

What SO Does: student/ works for the chemistry department on campus.

State of Relationship: cohabitation

How Long You've Been Together: almost 2.5 years (we were also friends for about 2 years before we started dating)

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): NEY. This is very likely but won't happen for a long time. He wants to finish school first and will be starting a PhD program next fall. I also want to work on establishing my career before I get married.

When You Got Married (if you're married): N/A

Fur Babies: a gray tabby

Favorite Color: Purple!

Favorite Thing About Your SO: his sense of humor!

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's not as big about the idea of taking vacations as I am. I love travelling, but he prefers to spend his money on other things.

Hobbies/Activities: Anything that gets me outdoors, baking, shopping, trying to speak German

Describe Your Personality: I'm very friendly and outgoing. I'm laid back and a little adventurous. I love making new friends!

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): usually very low like a 1 or 2.  I try to be understanding of situations, but if someone shows a lack of common sense then the snarkiness can rise to a 5 or so.

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I don't know how to ride a bicycle! I never learned when I was little, and now I don't have access to a bike.

Also, I joined this site because it's required reading for a class I'm taking about wedding planning. I'm hoping to one day be an event planner and specialize in weddings. I  just finished planning my first wedding related event, which was an engagement party for some friends.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: darkpixie04
    Significant Other's Age:26
    What You Do:student/retail/research
    What SO Does:student/construction
    State of Relationship:we have an agreement that we will get married he doesnt want to call it engaged until he can give me a ring
    How Long You've Been Together:1 1/2
    Fur Babies:none yet
    Favorite Color:green
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his personality and the way he can always make me feel better
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: sometimes he says really off color things at the wrong time
    Hobbies/Activities:dancing, shopping,football
    Describe Your Personality: crazy, social, loving,giving,caring
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):3
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself:I have had chronic lyme disease since 16 and it attempts to make my life a living hell.
    Shine let them wonder what you've got let them wish that they were not on the outside looking in.
  • chaiteachickchaiteachick member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've posted around here a few times, but I've never officially introduced myself, so... :)

Screen Name:
    Rachel-Elise

Significant Other's Age:

What You Do:
    makeup artist/skincare consultant

What SO Does:
    programmer for Microsoft

State of Relationship: 
    not yet engaged; living together so we can actually live in the same country! (It's required for my visa. o.O )

How Long You've Been Together:
    2.5 years

not yet applicable

not yet applicable

Fur Babies:
    Oreo--a little feline menace who we rescued from the street at about 2 weeks of age (her mom had abandoned her).

Favorite Color: 
    green or blue

Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He has been my best friend for years--since about 2004. We know and still love each other. :-P

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    He can be obsessive-compulsive sometimes, whereas I tend to be laid-back about the things he stresses over.

Hobbies/Activities:
    I like making things these days. I was a dancer for 15 years, but my body is dead now, so I had to stop.

Describe Your Personality:
    I'm nice to you until you give me a reason not to be. Given the situation/what day of my cycle I am on, I might or might not be reasonable with this rule.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 
    10, definitely.  0:-D

• edited December 2011
    Screen Name: mlock09
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: Oh, I'm a Jane of all trades...currently unemployed, soon to be a graduate student
    What SO Does: Graduate Student
    State of Relationship: We have an agreement, but don't want to say "engaged" until there's a ring (he says in the next 6 months!)
    How Long You've Been Together: Unofficially 6 months, officially 3 months (I know you might think this is kinda kooky, but we've been a perfect match since day 1!)
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): September 29, 2012 (the day before my mom's birthday)
    Fur Babies: My black lab/shepherd mix, Diva (she LOVES her daddy!)
    Favorite Color: Ocean Blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How sweet and understanding he is
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He won't tell me when he's sick until I threaten to cry
    Hobbies/Activities: I love to cook, I'm HUGE on etiquette and things of the like, I'm a beginner dog trainer (my mom and I have 3 total)
    Describe Your Personality: I'm a huge goofball. I love to laugh and have fun, but I also believe in the old saying "There's a time and place for everything." I love to help people!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on my mood, so I'll just give a (somewhat) neutral 4...
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a 24-year-old big kid...I love cartoons, video games, and board games. I'm a smartypants too, though...I graduated with honors from high school, as well as with high honors in college!
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name:
    Significant Other's Age:22
    What You Do:receptionist at drs office/ full time student (forensic psychology)
    What SO Does: construction
    State of Relationship: not engaged yet (not finacially ready)
    How Long You've Been Together: a little over 2 years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): withing the next few years (even though we arent engaged yet)
    Fur Babies: 1 puppy
  • edited December 2011
    What You Do: Grad School and Behavior Therapist
    What SO Does: School, then army
    State of Relationship: GREAT!
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 months
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): saving up for a ring
    Fur Babies: looking for a newfoundland puppy
    Favorite Color: purple
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can always make me smile
    Hobbies/Activities: little kids/babies, shopping, traveling
    Describe Your Personality: type A
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have no idea where I'll be living a year from now!
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: lfisher6 (real name Laura)
    Significant Other's Age: 26
    What You Do: Aerospace Engineer
    What SO Does: Photographer, former engineer
    State of Relationship: dating
    How Long You've Been Together: 3+ years
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): thinking about spring 2011
    Fur Babies: 2yr old Rat Terrier named Leo
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: The way he goes after his passion
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has a tendency to blab
    Hobbies/Activities: Event planning, making jewelry, making cards
    Describe Your Personality: quiet and shy, but a good friend and good listener
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 1
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My boyfriend and I recently decided to get engaged and are shopping for a ring together.  I have a bachelors and masters in aerospace engineering.  I've worked for almost 2 years in the industry, but have gradually become more and more interested in event planning.  Planned my first wedding this fall for a friend, will take place on Nov 26th.
  • misikesmisikes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: misikes
    What You Do: Student, currently majoring in Foreign Languages
    What SO Does: Projectionist Manager, Cinema
    State of Relationship: "Technically Engaged", but no ring
    How Long You've Been Together: We've known each other as friends for almost 4 years, dating for a little over 1.
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): No date set as of yet, but we're aiming for a spring or fall-time wedding, since it's too hot in Alabama in the summer.
    When You Got Married (if you're married): -----
    Fur Babies: I currently live with my parents, and we have 9 total (cats, dogs, rabbit)
    Favorite Color: I've grown quite fond of purple and gold lately.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has one of the most contagious laughs I have ever heard. It's absolutely heart warming. :)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He tries too hard to sound "deep" and "theological" when he's explaining something.
    Hobbies/Activities: I absolutely love to read and write, and hope to one day begin writing YA novels. I also enjoy video games, watching movies, listening to music, those sorts of things. I love taking part in artistic projects and will probably be very much of a DIY bride, when the time comes.
    Describe Your Personality: I would consider myself very laid back and very low maintanence. I'm very relaxed and tend to not show my excitement as outwardly as most people, which usually gives people the impression that I don't care, when in all honesty, I'm just a very private celebrator. I try to avoid confrontation as much as possible, but it does get the best of me at some times. I like to laugh and enjoy the company of friends and loved ones.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'd say about a 3.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: My SO and I met on an online chatting service several years ago, and we kept in touch as best as we could. Over time, we became closer and began chatting more regularly. We started dating in August 2009 and have made trips back and forth across the country with each chance we get in order to see each other. I live in a small town, so while most people shun the idea of dating ANYONE online (even if they've met in person), I find it to be more refreshing. I have grown up with everyone in my town for nearly 23 years, and have met just about everyone there is to meet. It only made sense to go outside the box.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lnvane00lnvane00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Screen Name: lnvane00

Significant Other's Age: 27

What You Do: I do post closing/shipping for a mortgage company.

What SO Does: he is a Certified Dental Tech. So he makes teeth :)

State of Relationship: Living together, not engaged yet! He just took me to pick out my ring tho.. now the waiting game ;(

How Long You've Been Together: March 2010

Fur Babies: Tinkerbelle. Rescued from animal shelter. She is a mix Golden Retriever and Bassett Hound.

Favorite Color: PINK

Favorite Thing About Your SO: his sense of humor and how much he makes me laugh. and i love how much he loves me and he's hot ;)

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He acts like a child sometimes and its just annoying. His short temper

Hobbies/Activities: my secret guilty pleasure is playing video games. Call of Duty. LOL But I do love to pamper myself and get my hair done and nails done. I dont do it much anymore but I love to ride 4 wheelers and ride (crotch rockets ;) ). I am a girly girl but at the same time one of the guys. So i like to drink beer hang out and watch football ( Patriots! )

Describe Your Personality: Im very caring. I love to love and be loved. I say whats on my mind and I am very opinionated and honest. I hate to wait and I'm very impatient. But i have a ton of self control. This wont make sense.. but I trust people too much but at the same time dont trust anyone. LOL told ya it wouldnt make sense. But i understand it.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: Brittany77
    What You Do: Student/Risk Manager
    What SO Does: Executive Manager of a well-know drug store
    State of Relationship: Picking out shiny rings!
    How Long You've Been Together: 1 year
    When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): planning on Nov. 2011
    Fur Babies: Lucy (my sweet little princess)
    Favorite Color: azure blue
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: my best friend also gorgeous
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: works really crappy hours
    Hobbies/Activities: school, work, school, work (at least for right now) in my off time my boyfriend and I watch movies and hang out with our friends
    Describe Your Personality: I am a hard worker who pays attention to detail. I don't get to relax very often but when I do, I go big or go home
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I don't know what this means but I will put myself in the middle at a 5.
    I was a model while I was in high school but quit because I was tired of people assuming I was stupid.
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: slp2011

Significant Other's Age: 30

What You Do: I work with the mentally and physically handicapped society using horse therapy.

What SO Does: College professor

State of Relationship: About to be engaged

How Long You've Been Together: almost 10 months

When You're Getting Married (if you're engaged): Sept 24, 2011

Fur Babies: 2 dogs, Sadie and Striker

Favorite Color: Red and Brown

Favorite Thing About Your SO: smile, patience, he doesn't get mad or upset easily

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: can be clingy

Hobbies/Activities: Horseback riding!

Describe Your Personality: love to help anyone and everyone. happy most of the time. can get easily stressed

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): not sure...

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am from South Africa. I am white. My family is from South African origin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Screen Name: nennalee

Significant Other's Age: 31

What You Do: Family Readiness Support Assistant for the MI Army National Guard

What SO Does: Loading Supervisor for UPS

Fur Babies: I have a Chihuahua/Jack Russell Terrier Mix named Jilly. She's got quite the personality.

Hobbies/Activities: Girls nights, book club, drinking wine and eating delicious food. U of Mich Football.

Describe Your Personality: Happy and easygoing. Slightly anxious. (Ok very anxious)

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 1-I avoid conflict as much as possible.

I have a pretty cool job. I am a civilian contractor for the MI National Guard. I get to work with families of deployed soldiers. It's very rewarding and I feel like I am making a difference in the lives of those families who make the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

I joined the knot because my sister is getting married next July and I am the maid-of-honor. I love helping her plan the wedding and I am also doing all of her floral bouquets and arrangements, so I thought this would be a great place to get ideas. So, when I came across this board, I found it most appropriate to my current relationship status :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards