Snarky Brides

Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting

Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:7d50c0b2-7a54-48f1-bde7-fb27b3c87d14">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting : Whoa.  What did your H do?
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

He has security guards to take care of that stuff.  He sent someone to kick them out.  But this type of stuff happens all.the.time.  He gets offered a blowie at least once a weekend from young drunk broads who are getting kicked out.  "Ill blow you if you let me stay".  This is the youth of America people.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:2264af43-f5ad-4942-8779-1a1c211f0d92">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting : Wait, what?
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

My Mom has some serious issues and one night when I was about..... 13-14 maybe?  she came home drunk from the bar and I had to help clean her up as she was throwing up everywhere.  She lost one of her earrings in the toilet that night. 
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:642d19e5-719c-44c6-8587-1ff96551d25d">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ricks - ugh!
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    I KNOW!!!!1 LOL
  • Yeah you def see the worst in people when you work at a bar. One guy and girl sh!t themselves b/c they were so drunk. (separate occasions). I saw a girl fu*uck herself with a beer bottle when I worked at another place. She may have been high on something as well though. Caught one girl pissing in the bathroom trashcan.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:223c3899-e3f3-474d-9a9b-76c00340bfeb">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]I almost wondering if lowering the drinking age would fix things too.  Being in France, I saw so many kids that (even with the age being 18) would enjoy a glass of wine or other drink at the age of 16 or even younger.  There isnt such a stigma over there about booze.  People don't drink to get hammered, they drink to enjoy the alcohol.  They learn, at an early age, what alcohol does to them.  Regardless of the drinking age here, (UO again), I think parents should be letting their teenagers drink.  Not excessively, and always under their supervision.  If people learned at an earlier age how to drink responsibly, I think all the ish they get into from 21-15 (on average) would diminsh A TON.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It's possible that this would work for some kids.  I only drank once before I turned 21, and it was when I was 20.  When I hit 21, I went crazy for a couple of years.  </div><div>
    </div><div>But usually, tI drank heavily when I was out at bars or clubs, not at home.  If I hadn't been able to get into the bars, I probably wouldn't have drank nearly as much.  And if I couldn't get into a bar until I was 25, I was already a working professional at that time rather than a college student. So I probably would have exhibited more self control for the sake of professionalism.  Does that make sense?</div><div>
    </div><div>I realize that not everyone is like me, I'm just giving an example.</div><div>

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:418f67f3-d63d-4b40-b6ad-f04f014d7499">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah you def see the worst in people when you work at a bar. One guy and girl sh!t themselves b/c they were so drunk. (separate occasions). I saw a girl fu*uck herself with a beer bottle when I worked at another place. She may have been high on something as well though. Caught one girl pissing in the bathroom trashcan.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

I can't believe shiiit like this goes on.  I have only been to piano bars so I guess I'm not going to the places where people do this kind of stuff.
    imageVacation
  • Yeah it was pretty bad. Now, this was at an adult entertainment club but still, it was topless only. She was ONE STAGE drunk going at it. OUCH.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:223c3899-e3f3-474d-9a9b-76c00340bfeb">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]I almost wondering if lowering the drinking age would fix things too.  Being in France, I saw so many kids that (even with the age being 18) would enjoy a glass of wine or other drink at the age of 16 or even younger.  There isnt such a stigma over there about booze.  People don't drink to get hammered, they drink to enjoy the alcohol.  They learn, at an early age, what alcohol does to them.  <strong>Regardless of the drinking age here, (UO again), I think parents should be letting their teenagers drink.  </strong>Not excessively, and always under their supervision.  If people learned at an earlier age how to drink responsibly, I think all the ish they get into from 21-15 (on average) would diminsh A TON.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea. Here kid, I know it's illegal but go for it.

I'm for lowering the drinking age but seriously Chels? I'd never buy for  or encourage anyone underage to drink. If you supplied alcohol to a kid and then they did something stupid YOU'RE LIABLE.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:71a88e87-ac43-4d6e-b356-03a7cb7c0a60">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting : He has security guards to take care of that stuff.  He sent someone to kick them out.  But this type of stuff happens all.the.time.  He gets offered a blowie at least once a weekend from young drunk broads who are getting kicked out.  "Ill blow you if you let me stay".  <strong>This is the youth of America people.
    </strong>Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Future President?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:6827cca0-c939-4d27-bb4d-4f2edc1f8e67">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting : That's a great idea. Here kid, I know it's illegal but go for it. I'm for lowering the drinking age but seriously Chels? I'd never buy for  or encourage anyone underage to drink. If you supplied alcohol to a kid and then they did something stupid YOU'RE LIABLE.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

It's not illegal to drink with your parents supervision. Pretty sure that's a country wide thing, at a minimum I know many states allow it.

When I say supervised, I mean supervised by their own actual parents and not going anywhere for the rest of the night.  Not any random adult or a glass of wine for dinner and then hopping in the car an hour later.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:6827cca0-c939-4d27-bb4d-4f2edc1f8e67">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting : That's a great idea. Here kid, I know it's illegal but go for it. I'm for lowering the drinking age but seriously Chels? I'd never buy for  or encourage anyone underage to drink. If you supplied alcohol to a kid and then they did something stupid YOU'RE LIABLE.

Acaponi- I'm with Chels.  At dinner for Thanksgiving or Christmas, my parents would allow us to have a glass of wine with dinner.  We didn't go anywhere after.  If you supply alcohol to a teen and supervise them and allow them to have an idea of what alchol can do, I think it's a more responsible route than just turning them loose at 21 with a "good luck kid."
  • If they drink with you, then they think it's going to be okay to drink whereever. Case in point: my FI's cousin (who I've known his entire life) is 17. We spend a lot of time up at our cottage which is on a small island where there are no cars and no cops. Ideal place to drink because you can't get in trouble and you can't drive. Well his parents let him have a couple beers when they were around because "why not?" we're right here and it's not like he can get in trouble. Well now at family functions in the city he is insisting on drinking. He also (in the city) texts me, my sister and my FI constantly asking us to buy booze/beer for him.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:931d24a2-6900-4019-a86d-de209dd17044">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting : <strong>It's not illegal to drink with your parents supervision</strong>. Pretty sure that's a country wide thing, at a minimum I know many states allow it. When I say supervised, I mean supervised by their own actual parents and not going anywhere for the rest of the night.  Not any random adult or a glass of wine for dinner and then hopping in the car an hour later.

Wait, what?  Not only is that illegal, it is illegal for TWO reasons: underage drinking and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:931d24a2-6900-4019-a86d-de209dd17044">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting :<strong><u> It's not illegal to drink with your parents supervision.</u></strong> Pretty sure that's a country wide thing, at a minimum I know many states allow it. When I say supervised, I mean supervised by their own actual parents and not going anywhere for the rest of the night.  Not any random adult or a glass of wine for dinner and then hopping in the car an hour later.

It is here.  In fact, parents have gone to jail for it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:6827cca0-c939-4d27-bb4d-4f2edc1f8e67">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    It's actually not illegal here (and in most states) for a parent to let their child have an alcoholic drink. The key, like Chels said, is if you are going to do it, you have to be responsible for them not getting drunk, and keep them with you, so you know they are safe. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Nodding.
    panther
  • Question for the people who live in states where you can give your kid booze.  Is it just your kid or any kid?  Can you "supervise" a party or something?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • IDK if it's legal here? I am in the Bible Belt, so doubtful.
  • Yeah I am so confused now. Is that really okay in some places?

And DMills I'm still new to Ohio so I don't really know many Ohio-specific laws.
    June 16, 2012
  • Also- is it just in your home or can you order your kid a beer at a restaurant?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:1ed81cba-d6e8-4dcf-b142-c9d55665ec06">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question for the people who live in states where you can give your kid booze.  Is it just your kid or any kid?  Can you "supervise" a party or something?
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    Nope, it's for your kid only. <div>Our local news actually had the cops reminding parents that with graduation parties going on, they are ONLY allowed to serve their own children and not others. </div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think this country has an unhealthy attitude about alcohol and nudity.  We're very puritan, I think (not Muslim puritan). 
  • It's not a country-wide thing (after reading up some more), but in some states it is legal for you to drink with your parents if you are underage.  WI is one of them.

Like BK said, better to let your kid have a drink or two with you every so often as a teenager rather than when they turn 21 saying "Okay! Good luck! Bye!"  There's no way to know your limits your first time drinking.  Better to test your limit with your parents around than downtown/in a bar/in college.

My freshman year roommate had never drank until she got to college.  The first night we were there she got WASTED to the point that she passed out in a frat house.  Thank God for the kind soul who brought her back to me rather than taking advantage of her.  The next day I asked her how it happened, she said she literally didn't know when she had to stop, so she kept going.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:2d1797bd-56e6-4d1f-95b4-ef91918d7075">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also- is it just in your home or <strong>can you order your kid a beer at a restaurant?</strong>
    Not here. 
  • This is all news to me.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:2d1797bd-56e6-4d1f-95b4-ef91918d7075">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also- is it just in your home or can you order your kid a beer at a restaurant?
    Nope, in a restaurant, too. The restaurant has the right to decline if they believe you are lying about it being your child. I'm not sure if it's been changed, but if you are under 21 and are married to someone over 21, they are also allowed to serve you/order you alcohol. <div>
    </div><div>I looked it up awhile ago, but I want to say that there are only 7 states that make no exceptions for underage drinking. </div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:1ed81cba-d6e8-4dcf-b142-c9d55665ec06">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question for the people who live in states where you can give your kid booze.  Is it just your kid or any kid?  Can you "supervise" a party or something?

Not here at least.  Pretty sure not anywhere because you are not legal guardian for that person.  The have a campaign here that's called "Parents who host lose the most".

Idk maybe it's cuz I grew up with it, but if your parents are making sure you're keeping in check, I don't see the big deal in having some drinks around them when you're underage.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:7fc8163f-f1b9-41e1-b5a2-516aeb0e6c15">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this country has an unhealthy attitude about alcohol and nudity.  We're very puritan, I think (not Muslim puritan). 
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]
    I agree especially on the nudity part.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_teen-sentenced-to-homicide-over-texting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:03270457-7124-4e12-a7c7-2a6405da1cb2Post:97f4be58-15e4-4890-a6fd-257f1077eabe">Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teen Sentenced to Homicide Over Texting : Nope, in a restaurant, too. The restaurant has the right to decline if they believe you are lying about it being your child. I'm not sure if it's been changed, but if you are under 21 and are married to someone over 21, they are also allowed to serve you/order you alcohol.  I looked it up awhile ago, but I want to say that there are only 7 states that make no exceptions for underage drinking. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

Jesus.  Then who is liable if something happens to the kid?  The parent or the waitress?  Do your waitresses/bartenders have the right to not serve anyone they want or would they be forced to serve a minor?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree that we have an unhealthy attitude about alcohol here. I'd be fine lowering the drinking age to 18 and making it legal to drink in your home, etc. But if it's illegal, I'm not going to condone it. If that is legal in MI then I don't know a single person who is actually aware of it.

My dad wouldn't let me drink the day before my 21st birthday (4th of July).
    June 16, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards