Snarky Brides
Options

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

• Options
    Wow Katie, I never knew the whole story either. How scary.

When I was say, 5, I would have rather sat on a corner with my mom while she begged then be taken away by strangers. That's just my take.
    But if this perspective is a matter of age, I'm only 2 years older than Jelique.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:2c04737b-24cc-47d9-a80a-46a50efae36d">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Give them to someone who can take care of your kid. Family or the state or a friend  or something. Anything would be better than taking them with you to suffer. Yes it would suck knowing you child will be a ward of the state but if you cant take care of them then you have to think of what's best for the kid.
    Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ugh, I really like you jelique, but sometimes your young age does come out... and I'm not a whole lot older, so maybe I shouldn't talk.</div><div>
    But seriously? I don't know for sure, since I've never been homeless.  But I would think that if these people had someone like friends or family they trusted to watch their kids, they probably wouldn't need to be out begging.  

</div><div>
    </div><div>FWIW- I agree for the most part. Begging should be illegal; it pisses me off.  But most of my experience are the idiots on campus that are standing on the corners of the freeway smoking with an open bottle of alcohol.  I"m sorry, but if you're too sick or troubled to save your money for food instead of cigarettes, then I'm not going to fuel those issues.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:4f40389d-dfd0-4480-bd67-8d7470306ea3">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I am a homeless mom, where should I leave my child while I beg?
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

At daycare, of course!

Jelique- They have found that many dogs are very healthy when they are the pets of homeless, they find that they have more of pack mentality and are very happy.

My unpopular opinion is that Loop can have her unpopular opinion. I don't agree with it and can cite animals that also have some sort of homosexuality (Bonobos), but that's her opinion. I do, however, think that "marriage" is a religious constraint and churches should be able to choose who they wish to marry in their church. A civil union is a legal constraint and religion shouldn't play into who and who cannot  have a civil union.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think that we Christians do not own the word marriage. The church need not recognize a gay marriage, just as my Church wouldn't recognize my marriage if it were strictly legal.

However, two atheists get "married" because it is no longer a religious term. They don't have to have a "Civil Union" because there is no religious connection.
  • Options
    It was pretty nuts. I wasn't allowed to watch the news for quite a while and most of my generation were very protected from images/news when we were back in the country. When 9/11 happened I went into my parents attic to look at the news articles and books about the invasion and just cried for days.

I blame it for my hoarding, and my craziness with feeling secure (as you all got to witness through the house drama of the past year).

• Options
    Yep, my H and I got married and we are athiests.
  • Options
    My other unpopular opinion is that if you are on food stamps and you purchase alcohol or cigs, you should have them taken away. I understand you can't buy  them with the stamps themselves, but if you buy your stuff right after buying milk, cheese, whatever with the food stamps.
  • Options
    Hey Hetshup, I was trying to argue with you about the marriage thing. Geez.
  • Options
    Marriage has been around a lot longer than Christianity has, so I'm confused why you can't get married unless you are religious? Pledging to be faithful to one person for the rest of your life has nothing to do with religion, and is more about legal government mumbo jumbo than religion.
  • Options
    Oh, sorry Jasmin.

No you are wrong! Wrong I tell you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:b9b1b28c-1312-407d-9fb1-e5e73bb786c7">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : Ugh, I really like you jelique, but sometimes your young age does come out... and I'm not a whole lot older, so maybe I shouldn't talk. But seriously? I don't know for sure, since I've never been homeless.  But I would think that if these people had someone like friends or family they trusted to watch their kids, they probably wouldn't need to be out begging.   FWIW- I agree for the most part. Begging should be illegal; it pisses me off.  But most of my experience are the idiots on campus that are standing on the corners of the freeway smoking with an open bottle of alcohol.  I"m sorry, but if you're too sick or troubled to save your money for food instead of cigarettes, then I'm not going to fuel those issues.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

In my situation my dad had friends and family but chose not to ask most of them for help which was completely ridiculous. And not everyone is willing to have a father and child stay on their couch for who knows how long. The 1 friend he did ask would not let us stay because she had 4 kids of her own and couldn't afford to pay for us (my dad lost his job 2weeks after we got evicted).  And my 2 aunts he asked would not let us stay for similar reasons BUT they volunteered to babysit me during the day every once in a while but my dad knew he would get more money by bringing me along.

Not everyone has friends or family who can afford people eating their food and all of the other costs that come with people staying in your house.

And for the not being taken away from your parents thing my parents had split custody of me until my dad disappeared and he forbid me to tell my mom what was happening to us. I was not allowed to tell her anything and he beat me just to make sure I wouldn't. I was 4 or 5 when this happened and all i knew is I wanted to be anywhere except with my dad, especially on the corner with my dad.

I can only speak from my own experience. I explained where I am coming from and why I feel the way I do. No one has to agree with me but it is how I feel. Maybe I am being insensitive and maybe I am too young to know anything about anything like everyone says. It is an opinion and im not asking for anyone to agree. I thought this was the place for unpopular opinions lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That's more like it.
  • Options
    Sounds like your experience sucked Jelique. Just realize that most homeless people aren't like your dad. Really, no one *wants* to be homeless.
  • Options
    It is the place for unpopular opinions and it is also the place to rebuttal them! NBD. I don't think you are a bad person or anything. It's all good.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's not a big thing. We're just having a discussion. Compared to some other threads today, this is pretty tame.
  • Options
    I know no one WANTS to be homeless. My point was I have a problem with the people who beg for money and turn around and buy drugs and ciggs and alcohol with it. I know there are plenty of people who have just had bad luck or whatever their situation is and it is completely honest. Im not saying all homeless people are bad. I just think they should not be on the street begging, there should be a better more efficient way of getting help. That's all im saying.

Can the homeless battle be over because my fingers hurt from typing  such long responses lol. I didn't mean for that last one to be so long. I understand what you are saying and hopefully you understand me, if not its okay.
  • Options
    I didn't read much of what went on earlier, I got called in to work today on my day off and I help do cataract surgeries so I have no computer. BOO!

• Options
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:f481f749-9270-4d83-8006-292d1fb2ca3a">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Cew doesn't give us 20-somethings enough credit. ;) FWIW, I'm 21 and am putting myself through college and working full time.My H is 22 and works full time while putting himself through college. My H and I are paying off our first house, and have each paid off our own cars. We have a credit card that is used for emergencies only.

I must have missed this earlier. I hate that I gave you that impression. I really do give you a lot of credit. But I also think that those of you that are in 20 - 25 age range and that are regular posters on TK (you, J&K, etc) are in the responsible category that I referenced in my OP regarding credit cards.

Think about it. You guys are all here because you've made the decision to marry young and are all planning a wedding. That, in and of itself, means that you 'matured' at a younger age than most 21 year olds I know.

It doesn't surprise me that you are so financially responsible. You're much smarter and more put together than most 21 year olds that I encounter on a regular basis and you sure as hell are way more mature than I was at that age.
  • Options
    Aw, thanks Cew. I was just kidding. :)

Most of my peers aren't in a place where they can handle major financial responsibilities. I'm just okay with letting people fall on their face, and then figure out how to fix it.
  • Options
    Yeah. I hear ya. Can we agree to disagree and then hug it out? I promise I won't cop a feel.
  • Options

You can cop a feel whenever you want.
    We can also fight, just to make up.

• Options
    I don't like fighting with you. You're too cute.
  • Options
    If you're trying to use flattery to seduce me, it's totally working.
  • Options
    You better watch out. I am a cougar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:3510f557-8908-4b06-a9d7-e58afd03e5d6">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is the Bible considered enough for you? I had explained in my previous post that God intended for a man to be with a woman, if he wanted 2 men or 2 women to procreate, he would have made that possible.. For those who think my thoughts are antiquated, I explained that before, I was raised a certain way thinking certain things were wrong/right, just for fun: I asked 4 doctors here at the hospital I work at (different ages and races if that matters to you) what they thought about same-sex parents and they all said it's not 'normal' and one said and I quote<strong> 'it would be normal if we lived in san francisco' and scoffed.</strong>
    Posted by loop0406[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that, because I live in San Francisco, I am not "normal" therefore abnormal practices would be more accepted here? WTF? And, for the record, no the Bible is NOT enough for me as reference. It was written by men who had specific opinions and not based on fact or science. It is a wonderful religious guide, but not a scientific arguement in it. Do you believe in Creationism and ignore all scientific proof of evolution as well?

Dude, the illogical argument reigns as king today.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    And I'm a Catholic school girl.
    I feel like we could find this story on an adult movie channel.
  • Options
    Oy vey, my head hurts.

The dude who tore up J's car DID choose to be homeless. He had an address; it was a shed/apt on his parents' property. He chose to wander around and be drunk in public. And, apparently, J's car offended him, so he beat the hell out of it, with his feet, head, and hands. He agreed to pay restitution (J's deductible) then in court decided he didn't want to - he wanted to go to jail instead. Funny thing is, he still has to pay the deductible to the court.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:39d71364-f6b5-42e5-88fb-9465bb5ae22b">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mind paying taxes, not even a little. I enjoy all the things my taxes pay for and I'd be willing to pay even more in taxes for things like free healthcare and higher education.

As long as all who get the free health care have apaid in. The people who are not legal can just suff,
  • Options
    Wow 16 pages, 450 posts to this one thread! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT <punch punch punch>

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:61b6d752-3451-4820-8d75-8fd66e43c870">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ricks- That is the case with the majority of homeless men and women. There are also countless women and children that are homeless due to abuse and other unfortunate circumstances. I think it's rather callous to act as if all homeless people are lazy.

I agree.  About 85% of the homeless people at the soup kitchen I volunteer at in Philly have a mental illness.  Its sad and I'm happy to give them some money. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards