Snarky Brides
Options

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:42830938-3767-48e7-9b02-78966b17af3e">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : Oh believe me I will.  You couldn't pay me enough to vote Democrat.
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

I also think this is incredibly ignorant.  You vote for a person, not a party.  You obviously agree more with Republican perspectives, which is fine and you have every right to vote with those ideals.  But what if the Republican candidate is a former child molester who beats his wife? I said previously that I believe anyone who votes on party alone does not deserve a vote.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:16beaf4c-f172-41c1-83f5-42f74e728746">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : I also think this is incredibly ignorant.  You vote for a person, not a party.  You obviously agree more with Republican perspectives, which is fine and you have every right to vote with those ideals.  But what if the Republican candidate is a former child molester who beats his wife? I said previously that I believe anyone who votes on party alone does not deserve a vote.
    Posted by catemeg[/QUOTE]

Clearly you don't get sarcasm or haven't lurked enough.  Also, I've stated I'm a conservative not a Republican.  Saying I wouldn't vote for a Democrat doesn't mean I'd automatically vote Republican.  Get off your freakin high horse.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:f764e558-79ba-4e87-8f01-692b7d51e418">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : I don't know where you're pulling the marker for $2 million a year being the boundary... it depends on where you live for sure, because $2 million a year won't go nearly as far in New York City as it would in West Virginia, for example.  But a graduated tax for single and combined family incomes over $1 million dollars is not excessive.  The tax system should be graduated because you're right - with a sudden major increase in taxes, it becomes counter productive to have a second income or ask for a raise. I have no incentive to ask for a raise right now.  I'm right at the cusp of the tax break, so if I get only $2k more annually, I'll pay $4k more annually in taxes.  That's dumb, and should be modified on all levels of income to increase the motivation to succeed and excel.  Similarly, the welfare system is somewhat punative for people who want to work.  This is true of unemployment, also.  When I lost my job, I wanted to get a part time job, but I made more money off unemployment which I would have lost if I had worked.  I think people should always be encouraged to work - maybe the unemployment should decrease by half of whatever you earn?  That way you'll be less of a burden on the state, but you will still have an incentive to work!  Sorry, a bit off track, but similar issue on the opposite side of the income spectrum. <font color="#993366">But the idea that taxing people a little bit more who make more than they need to live comfortably will be a disincentive to earn money is just stupid.
    </font>Posted by catemeg[/QUOTE]

Um in this tax system.  I'm greatly discouraged from working hard enough to earn $250,000 I'd rather just earn $248,000 I end up taking home more.  That's what I'm talking about.  Also, in the top brackets if I'm going to take home more by earning less (due to the tax structure) why would I work my hardest?  This is logical.  Also, when you constantly make it more costly, prohibitive, and downright pointless to earn more money why would people continue to strive their hardest??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:16beaf4c-f172-41c1-83f5-42f74e728746">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : I also think this is incredibly ignorant.  You vote for a person, not a party.  You obviously agree more with Republican perspectives, which is fine and you have every right to vote with those ideals.  <strong>But what if the Republican candidate is a former child molester who beats his wife?</strong> I said previously that I believe anyone who votes on party alone does not deserve a vote.

Would anyone like this even be able to run for office?

Have you ever voted republican?

How is it ignorant to not want to vote for a certain party? I am pretty sure Lala or even YOU will be not be voting republican this November. Also, if you are going to call Aprove ignorant you should call Lala ignorant as well. She has called the entire tea party racist along with saying that she had zero respect for conservatives or republicans. So nice crush you have there.

I would not vote democrat. Not right now. They have nothing that appeals to me except gay marriage rights and some of them don't agree with that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:4feff85a-49ec-46aa-ac65-b01d644ee162">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : Would anyone like this even be able to run for office? Have you ever voted republican? How is it ignorant to not want to vote for a certain party? I am pretty sure Lala or even YOU will be not be voting republican this November. Also, if you are going to call Aprove ignorant you should call Lala ignorant as well. She has called the entire tea party racist along with saying that she had zero respect for conservatives or republicans. So nice crush you have there. I would not vote democrat. Not right now. They have nothing that appeals to me except gay marriage rights and some of them don't agree with that.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

Get her sister wife!!  As soon as she said she had a crush on Lala any respect I gave her was down the shitter.  I love when the clueless and idiotic call me ignorant.  It makes me giggle.
  • Options

I used to like Lala too. She was always a b!tch but in a funny/good way. Now she just has a hateful agenda.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:4feff85a-49ec-46aa-ac65-b01d644ee162">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : Would anyone like this even be able to run for office? Have you ever voted republican? How is it ignorant to not want to vote for a certain party? I am pretty sure Lala or even YOU will be not be voting republican this November. Also, if you are going to call Aprove ignorant you should call Lala ignorant as well. She has called the entire tea party racist along with saying that she had zero respect for conservatives or republicans. So nice crush you have there. I would not vote democrat. Not right now. They have nothing that appeals to me except gay marriage rights and some of them don't agree with that.

First, I didn't call HER ignorant.  I said that statement was ignorant.  And we've seen lots of pretty miserable people who have ran for office, from both parties.  People who have cheated on their wives blatantly, corrupt individuals who put their own financial well being over the people they've been elected to represent.  I just think it's dumb to say you're going to always vote for a Republican over a Democrat.  To say you haven't seen a Democrat yet that you'd vote for, that's perfectly cool.  But I think it's ignorant to just blanketly vote for a party without considering the people.

Second, yes I have voted for Republicans and likely will again.  I actually thought McCain was a great candidate, I just think Sarah Palin sort of trashed the whole campaign for him.  When I was voting for the Senatorial race in my home state a few years ago, a friend of mine told me I had to vote for the Democrat so that there could be a Democratic majority in the Senate.  I told him that I thought the Republican incumbent had been doing a great job, that he seemed to have a really good balanced and moderate view on most policies, and I would vote for him.  He called me a bad Democrat.  I'm not a Democrat though many of my ideals line up with their policies (though not all), because honestly I'd rather be a person first, an American second, and attached to a certain political party never.

The Tea Party has become a hot bed of racism and I have no respect for bigots.  The concept behind the Tea Party is fine (to protest fiscal policy) but it's not what it's being used for by the majority of its membership. And it's ironic that the same people who are now protesting all over the place are the ones who bashed anti-war and anti-Bush protesters a few years ago.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:58c22d98-fd75-4809-aeb4-f1406ade340b">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : First, I didn't call HER ignorant.  I said that statement was ignorant.  And we've seen lots of pretty miserable people who have ran for office, from both parties.  People who have cheated on their wives blatantly, corrupt individuals who put their own financial well being over the people they've been elected to represent. <font color="#ff0000">I just think it's dumb to say you're going to always vote for a Republican over a Democrat.  To say you haven't seen a Democrat yet that you'd vote for, that's perfectly cool.  But I think it's ignorant to just blanketly vote for a party without considering the people.</font>Second, yes I have voted for Republicans and likely will again.  I actually thought McCain was a great candidate, I just think Sarah Palin sort of trashed the whole campaign for him.  When I was voting for the Senatorial race in my home state a few years ago, a friend of mine told me I had to vote for the Democrat so that there could be a Democratic majority in the Senate.  I told him that I thought the Republican incumbent had been doing a great job, that he seemed to have a really good balanced and moderate view on most policies, and I would vote for him.  He called me a bad Democrat.  I'm not a Democrat though many of my ideals line up with their policies (though not all), because honestly I'd rather be a person first, an American second, and attached to a certain political party never. The Tea Party has become a hot bed of racism and I have no respect for bigots.  The concept behind the Tea Party is fine (to protest fiscal policy) but it's not what it's being used for by the majority of its membership. And it's ironic that the same people who are now protesting all over the place are the ones who bashed anti-war and anti-Bush protesters a few years ago.

Again reading comprehension fail.  I said I wouldn't vote democrat in the Nov 2010 elections.  This does not equal voting Republican nor does it mean always not always voting for Democrats.
  • Options
    Aprove didn't say she would always vote Republican. She said she could not be paid enough to vote Dem. in November. I also feel the same way.

The Tea Party has become a hot bed for racism according to MSNBC and other liberal news outlets. It is a way for the liberals to shut down and ideals that don't match up to their own. The NAACP has had a few racists in their organization as well. Should we then assume that everyone in the NAACP is racist, no. It is a messed up assumption. Also, wasn't someone just fired from the tea party for making racist remarks? I don't think the real tea party organizers have a racist agenda. There will always be extremists in any given org. That is just the way it goes.  
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Um, no, that's not what you said.  What you said is that people couldn't pay you enough to vote for a Democrat.  Which, with how motivated you seem to be by money, is rather ironic.

And I'm not the one throwing around names here.  Rational arguments and logical points backed up with fact are really terrible, aren't they?

EDIT: I agree the Tea Party has a rational and logical point behind its founding, and many of its members have the right idea with how to express their thoughts.  It's just sad that it's become a rallying point for bigotry and racism, too, even though it wasn't the intent nor the perspective of a majority of its members.  The "liberal media" thing is getting a bit old, though, don't you think?  It's like everything but FOX news is out to get the conservatives or something...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:af0e666a-4acb-4837-b009-067dd776cd93">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : Pretty much all of my tax clients who are wealthy are self-made.  Our two biggest corporate clients also started off as small family businesses, and they work their fingers to the bone.  I'm sorry the only wealthy people you know of are the ones you see on TV, but they aren't representative of the entire top 10% in income earners.  They're more like the top 0.04%.  People in the top tax bracket pay almost half their income in taxes.  The top tax bracket I believe begins with families who make $250,000.  That's not even close to being a millionaire.  That's a husband and wife earning an average of $125K each and only getting to take home 60% of that.  As far as small businesses, I agree with you, but there's not much to hide anyway.  Most of them are losing money on paper regardless of whether or not they are honest.  Also, if they are working with a CPA, they can avoid paying any unnecessary tax if they do have income.  I'm not in the highest bracket or even second highest, and I don't think I'm batting for the wrong team, I'm just being reasonable.  I think a lot of people would feel differently if they knew more about taxes.  The general public doesn't have access to plain-English information about taxes past maybe a few tax credits, and the media is just the blind leading the blind.  There's really nowhere to get solid facts unless you want to try to read legislation drafts. 
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

Actually, it is a bit more than that.
    <a href="http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/federal-income-irs-tax-brackets.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/federal-income-irs-tax-brackets.html</a>
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:b84cf40f-0bd2-4604-8b40-64852e0877d5">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, no, that's not what you said.  What you said is that people couldn't pay you enough to vote for a Democrat. <font color="#800080"> Which, with how motivated you seem to be by money, is rather ironic.</font> And I'm not the one throwing around names here.  Rational arguments and logical points backed up with fact are really terrible, aren't they?

Wow you are an imbecile.  I'm motivated by money cause I'm in business and actually understand taxes and think this country is heading for an even bigger fiscal disaster??  Its people like you who won't get their freakin heads out of the sand to understand the entitlement programs in this country along with the class bigotry will not sustain us for long. 

You wouldn't know a logical argument if it bit you on the ass.  Try again flunky.  It is amusing when the uneducated think they are a big deal.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:41df3d0d-e645-4277-897f-339333e27016">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aprove didn't say she would always vote Republican. She said she could not be paid enough to vote Dem. in November. I also feel the same way. The Tea Party has become a hot bed for racism according to MSNBC and other liberal news outlets. It is a way for the liberals to shut down and ideals that don't match up to their own. The NAACP has had a few racists in their organization as well. Should we then assume that everyone in the NAACP is racist, no. It is a messed up assumption. Also, wasn't someone just fired from the tea party for making racist remarks? I don't think the real tea party organizers have a racist agenda. There will always be extremists in any given org. That is just the way it goes.  

Ricks you said it better than me. 
  • Options
    ricksangricksang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:b84cf40f-0bd2-4604-8b40-64852e0877d5">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, no, that's not what you said.  What you said is that people couldn't pay you enough to vote for a Democrat.  Which, with how motivated you seem to be by money, is rather ironic. <strong>And I'm not the one throwing around names here</strong>.  Rational arguments and logical points backed up with fact are really terrible, aren't they? EDIT: I agree the Tea Party has a rational and logical point behind its founding, and many of its members have the right idea with how to express their thoughts.  It's just sad that it's become a rallying point for bigotry and racism, too, even though it wasn't the intent nor the perspective of a majority of its members.  The "liberal media" thing is getting a bit old, though, don't you think?  It's like everything but FOX news is out to get the conservatives or something...

Actually you are the one calling names. You called Aprove ignorant.If you follow our conversation you would see that I said she needed to go vote in <strong>NOV

</strong>She then said she could not be paid enough to vote Democrat which was following along with my previous post. See how that works?

Yes, I agree some people are using the Tea Party as a race thing but not everyone. Some people use the NAACP as a race thing. Why is that never mentioned?
  • Options
    Ricks.....don't be logical.  You know me I'm an ignorant, money grabbing Republican who'd vote for child molesters and wife beaters.  <eye roll in case the sarcasm isn't clear enough for spayshul people>.
  • Options
    Maybe if you guys were booze, a blackberry, or her boyfriend, she'd listen to you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:e18b981d-8881-408d-b0c2-10a72c316811">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe if you guys were booze, a blackberry, or her boyfriend, she'd listen to you.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Dammit.....my bad. sorry for not being electronic, alcoholic or having a pen1s
  • Options

Okay I can be booze. Cew is clearly the boyfriend! :P

• Options
    What? Did my massive erection give me away again?

grandma's potty chair. grandma's potty chair. grandma's potty chair.

Okay. It's gone now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:8559cf24-fe7c-4073-9735-f7332814635c">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]What? Did my massive erection give me away again? grandma's potty chair. grandma's potty chair. grandma's potty chair. Okay. It's gone now.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

LOL.........um I guess I can be an electronic.  I keep going and going and going.....I'm like the energizer bunny.
  • Options
    Cher (I like calling you that so I hope you do too), what did I tell you about being logical in the other thread? Or was it this thread? Stop it!
  • Options
    HAHAHA I hope you hid your boner for your wedding! Innocent
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:44adfa7c-5657-40ac-b83c-1c96f868a6f5">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cher (I like calling you that so I hope you do too), what did I tell you about being logical in the other thread? Or was it this thread? Stop it!
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

=) Feel free to call me Cher.  I know, I know I need to stop with logic.  It appears to make me unpopular.

::kicks rocks and dirt::
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:0ec34197-3941-4424-9c69-a2e7c8429cf7">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHA I hope you hid your boner for your wedding!

Cew did you use a cup or duct tape?!
  • Options
    I actually use tweezers and a hole in my pocket.
  • Options

BTW Cew this was a great thread. You rock.
  • Options
    Thanks Ricks! It's one of my favorites too. I was just thinking about how awesome it is that everyone (well, except for Loop) was able to participate without getting all crazy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:4feff85a-49ec-46aa-ac65-b01d644ee162">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]She has called the entire tea party racist along with saying that she had zero respect for conservatives or republicans.
    now that my internet is back up and running, I'm just now seeing this. and no one will see my response. eff.
    anyways, rick, I don't think all tea party members are racist. but I think a huge percentage of them are. and I don't recall ever saying I have zero respect for conservatives. I live in a red state. that would mean I disrespect a lot of people I love, which I obviously don't.
  • Options
    liberal news outlets call tea party members "racist."
    conservative news outlets call liberals "socialists" or "un-american" or something similar.

you can't complain about one without complaining about the other.
  • Options
    I feel like someone could run naked through this thread now and no one would notice. hmm...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards