Snarky Brides
Options

Good morning

How is everyone doing? For some reason I set my alarm for 6:30, but I hit snooze until almost 20 after 7 lol - oops!! It didnt seem to bother Adam at all so whatever.

My allergies are effing killing me today. I think its cause we have had the windows open so much the past few days. We cant turn on the AC until the basement renos are done (better be soon, I swear to god) so if Im not hot, im digging at my eyes.

Re: Good morning

• Options
    It's been cold here.  Or maybe that's just me.  Either way I've been under lots of blankets.

I randomly woke up at 445 and had a really hard time falling back asleep.  And I'm still exhausted.  I have an appointment with my doctor in a couple hours, so hopefully we can figure out what's wrong with me.  I'm not pregnant, so I'm thinking it's a mono relapse.  Blargh.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Am i in an alternate universe again where no one can see this and there is another gm thread somewhere? Fhucking TK
  • Options
    I think there's just one universe today, nebb. That I know of, anyway.

I have about 3.5 hours to make up from yesterday, so I think I'll do half today and half tomorrow. I'm feeling much better today so that's good. My sites have all been huge today though so they are major time suckers.

When do you get the results from your bloodwork?
  • Options
    Morning, I'm in this universe with you, Nebb.

I was getting a virus alert a few days ago when opening up SB, so I've kind of stayed away for a while in hopes that it would get sorted out.  Maybe that's why it's slow? 

I woke up today with a headache so I'm staying home for a while this morning. 
  • Options
    Gooood morning.

I worked on the later side last night so by the time I got home I was grumpy/tired.  I should just set a rule in our house that when anyone is experiencing what I previously said that there should be NO talking.  I swear, it was almost about to be WWIII at our house last night.  All is good today :)

I'm REALLY annoyed with facebook and want to delete it.  Everyone is saying that I shouldn't until the wedding is over.  I'm so tired of seeing "Hey look how awesome I am I'm starting a 30 day diet challenge!!!!!" or "Hey you think your 7 miles is tough?  Try my 26.2!!!!!!"  For Chrissake just shut the hell up.  (I think I'm just sensitive/jealous but it really is obnoxious to be bombarded with that bullshite as soon as I wake up.)
  • Options
    Morning. With FI waking up at 5 for work it wakes me up and I am really tired. He and I got into a fight about his sister last night and that was an annoying way to go to bed. I hope I don't have a ton to make up from yesterday!
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Morning. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and am still tired today. I think maybe I slept too much? Bleh. This week is just dragging by, I can't believe it's only Wednesday. I know it's because I'm looking forward to a lot of things coming up (our anniversary staycation this weekend, getting promoted on the 1st, getting my tattoo on the 2nd, etc), but still, it sucks.

I'm also really friggin' sick and tired of house-hunting. The one place we've been really wanting got rented out from under us. It's just so difficult doing this from far away, you know? I just want the perfect place to appear and be like "Ta-Dah! For you!" so we can be done with it.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Morning!

We had some crazy storms last night so I didn't sleep too well. I'm going on a walk on base but I'm nervous because there is a free concert too so it's going to be crazy time trying to find a parking space.

Mehg- Are you looking in Virginia? 

Blue- I don't know if you're around but I'm thinking about you. Hope your appointment goes well today.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

lbarr, I agree.  FB makes me want to punch people in the face 9 times out of 10.  In addition to all of your exercise posts and husband love things, I really don't need to hear about every symptom of your pregnancy, or see your creepy ultrasound pictures on my feed.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all about babies.  But those 3D ultrasounds freak me out.  It's like Alien.

I french with my man
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-247?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:08d9525a-c145-4dab-8f70-274c3582a761Post:53e15451-fb5e-416b-a404-ddc384fc583d">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! We had some crazy storms last night so I didn't sleep too well. I'm going on a walk on base but I'm nervous because there is a free concert too so it's going to be crazy time trying to find a parking space. <strong>Mehg- Are you looking in Virginia?</strong>  Blue- I don't know if you're around but I'm thinking about you. Hope your appointment goes well today.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Yes, and since we're doing this long-distance, it takes longer for people to get back to us or once we find a place we really like, it's no longer available. Really frustrating.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Not to turn this into a complain fest about FB, but the other day someone FI knows posted a pic of a 3 prong fishing hook that went THROUGH THEIR HAND.  Blood, and everything.  Thanks for sharing but no thanks.  I'm not squeamish but I mean, c'mon.  Also I love reading about the incredibly personal details of people's divorces on FB.  I hate FB, end rant.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-247?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:08d9525a-c145-4dab-8f70-274c3582a761Post:c26c9cdd-b473-4b67-9bf4-e0826bbefb9a">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning : Yes, and since we're doing this long-distance, it takes longer for people to get back to us or once we find a place we really like, it's no longer available. Really frustrating.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]
    Have you tried ahrn.com? I think they sell houses too and that's how we found our rental.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-247?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:08d9525a-c145-4dab-8f70-274c3582a761Post:a0964d8c-f7e1-4a01-8998-bfc6f87fa469">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! lbarr, I feel you on that!  Adding to the exercise post annoyance on FB, I've seen a lot of my friends post lately with things like, "I have the best husband ever!!! He put the dishes away."  Shitt like that makes me nuts.  Does he acknowledge ever.damn.time you've done it the past 239047 days?  NO? then why is it a BFD that he's done it once.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Ha, what? I'd have a hard time not commenting on something like that.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    edited May 2012
    I know a guy and whenever he works out he posts about it and says shite like "working out to be a better man/husband/person" and its so frigging pretentious. You worked out, whoopdeefuckingdoo! So did 75 percent of the world you jackass.
  • Options

I think my favorites are always stuff like "Need time to figure this out" or "I really don't know if I'm making the right decision."  Damnit, if you're going to post about shiiit going on in  your life, I want sordid details.  Vague facebooking is just as bad as vague knotting.  And it should be a crime.

I french with my man
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-247?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:08d9525a-c145-4dab-8f70-274c3582a761Post:17a99faf-5917-42fb-904d-d442f293fbe6">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know a guy and whenever he works out he posts about it and says shite like <strong>"working out to be a better man/husband/person" </strong>and its so frigging pretentious. You worked out, whoopdeefuckingdoo! So did 75 percent of the world you jackass.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>This makes me laugh.  </div><div>
    </div><div>The diet one was funny just because it was all "stuffing my face so I can go back on this challenge diet!"  Um, no.  That's not how it works.  </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  I really sound like an evil bag of rage today.  Normally I'm just mean but I think with lack of sleep and everything else I have zero tolerance for any stupidity/annoying behavior today.</div>
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I'm an evil bag of rage everyday, welcome to the club!
  • Options
    This may be an UO but I did not understand at all when one of my acquaintances got a ton of congratulations on FB when she said she was going to be a grandmother. Her daughter is 15. 

I'm trying to get through one last day of work and then I am off for the next 5. We'll be out in the woods so I may so going through major internet withdrawals. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-247?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:08d9525a-c145-4dab-8f70-274c3582a761Post:17a99faf-5917-42fb-904d-d442f293fbe6">Re:Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know a guy and whenever he works out he posts about it and says shite like "working out to be a better man/husband/person" and its so frigging pretentious. You worked out, whoopdeefuckingdoo<strong>! So did 75 percent of the world you jackass.
    </strong>Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I'm the 25%. One day I'm going to do an awesome workout and post about it on your FB wall about how now I'm a better wife and person.

On that note, I tried the Kinect Dance Revolution or whatever it's called. I am officially the worst dancer ever. Even with it in slow-mo, I can't figure out WTF they are doing. My arms and legs don't move that way, apparently.
  • Options
    Is she trying to get her daughter on 16 and pregnant?  Or, as we call it "16 and Trainwreck"
    I french with my man
  • Options
    I am guilty of posting lots of puppy pictures on FB. She is just so cute.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    morning.

So far this morning, I've been pissed off twice. My last two volunteer gigs that I've done through work haven't registered so, as of right now I'm not getting credited those volunteer hours. With being out the last two months of the year, Imma need all my time to count.

Also, I got asked to write and instruct an advanced course on Resource Scheduling and Analysis at a huge project management conference. It's a huge honor, and I would love to have that on my resume. For my time and expertise, all of my expenses would have been covered. The conference is two weeks before my friggin due date so I can't do it. 

On the FB topic, I think all the vaguebooking is obnoxious, too. Maybe when I see it, I'll start scrolling through their friends list then tag a random friend and say "OMG I can't believe you won't just tell John Doe, that you're sick of his BS. How is he supposed to know you're talking about him if you're being so vague." I like to stir up shiz sometimes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think FB newsfeed exists just to annoy people, with all the stupid posts people do. 

Morning! I am tired today because I stayed up pretty late reading a new book "On the Island". I didn't finish but I really liked it so far. Now I am going to work from home today and hopefully be able to see some storms come through.
  • Options
    I had too much wine last night and am moving slowly this morning as a result.  This week does seem to be going slowly-- I can't believe it's only Wednesday.

I have started just immediately removing people from FB if their posts irritate me.  I don't care anymore.  I don't have the patience for it.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-247?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:08d9525a-c145-4dab-8f70-274c3582a761Post:ab079c88-77e9-47c1-a79d-765ab3f41ac8">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is she trying to get her daughter on 16 and pregnant?  Or, as we call it "16 and Trainwreck"
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>I got in an argument with someone about that show once.  They tried to tell me how it was great learning experience for viewers and that the "moms" didn't profit in any way.  Riiiiight, that's why they are on magazine covers and can afford breast implants...</div>
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Morning all! I got up when H left this morning so I could call for a doctor's appointment. They had a bunch of time open this morning, and now I'm wishing I had slept longer. On the plus side, the lady on the phone was super nice for it being 8am.

I'm off work today, but still have to go in for a meeting. Ugh. I know I kind of volunteered for it, but I'd really like to do nothing at all today. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I hate vaguebooking. It's attention seeking so I'll never understand why people respond and give them attention! 

I also can't stand people trying to sell shhit to me. I haven't seen you since high school, why are you inviting me to your 31 party? Start a business facebook and if I want to see your stuff, I'll like your business.

I'm with Ash. At this point, I just start deleting people. I also started going through my friends list and cutting it back. I don't know why I became friends with these people in the first place. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-247?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:08d9525a-c145-4dab-8f70-274c3582a761Post:7720d99e-80e1-4c48-9723-ef9c344f1eb5">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think my favorites are always stuff like "Need time to figure this out" or "I really don't know if I'm making the right decision."  Damnit, if you're going to post about shiiit going on in  your life, I want sordid details.  Vague facebooking is just as bad as vague knotting.  And it should be a crime.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

This is my 21 yr old son. It's passive-aggressive behavior and it drives me nuts.

Duds- dont be dissing on me man! My H putting away the dishes is a big deal!   NOT! ;)

I went home last night and got my hair done, H cooked me Spiced Salmon for dinner, one of the first meals he ever made me. It was delish. We went to bed early and I slept like the dead.
    I had a weird dream that we needed to leave town because the spider web was deteriorating and when it did the town would be in hell, so I was trying to get a bus out of town for a job interview in another city (H would follow later) but we got lost in this old 5 story station and couldn't find the terminal and I was going to be late for my interview. We finally found a bar and they pointed out all the other passengers waiting for 3B and then my alarm went off....weird!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh man vaguebooking drives me nuts.  The only time I find it acceptable is if it's something you don't want to/can't talk about (and that's only if it's very rarely).  It drives me nuts when people think it makes them the bigger/more mature person.  Guess what. It doesn't.

If mie wasn't so useful as a business tool/photo sharing with friends and family, it'd be long gone.

Granted I can't hate on facebook THAT much... if it wasn't for that, FI and I never would have gotten together :)

And holy crap look at my ticker. EEEE!! :)
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-247?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:08d9525a-c145-4dab-8f70-274c3582a761Post:ac247b8e-9425-4d49-aaed-5f51713c6c86">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate vaguebooking. It's attention seeking so I'll never understand why people respond and give them attention!  <strong>I also can't stand people trying to sell shhit to me. I haven't seen you since high school, why are you inviting me to your 31 party? Start a business facebook and if I want to see your stuff, I'll like your business.</strong> I'm with Ash. At this point, I just start deleting people. I also started going through my friends list and cutting it back. I don't know why I became friends with these people in the first place. 
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>One of my friends from grade school does this with Mary Kay. I love the girl to death, but I hear more about Mary Kay than her daughter!</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards