Snarky Brides

Intro :)

124»

Re: Intro :)

• I have no problem with people wanting to "save me from myself" because of what they went thru as a child and because of how stupid they were when they were my age. I'm sorry that you got into relationships that obviously weren't real or mature. And if that's the case, i understand why most of you we so against my marriage. Bless your heart. The point is that EVERYONE thinks they are mature, smart, and in love at 19.  Just like you think you are right now.  Junie isn't part of the "click."
  • thanks fallin for atleast caring enough to give a more than 2 word response.how do you know what type of 19 year old i am? since you know me so well... what age did i graduate highschool? What did I do after i graduated? Where am I from? What do I do now for a living? How do I know I'm ready for marriage (or think I know)? How many relationships in the past have I been in? What type of relationship do i have with my FH's family? What type of relationship do i have with my own? i swear, if you can answer any of these questions. I will shut up, admit i'm a stupid 19 year old, and stop trying to talk to the cool kids club lol. but if you can't, i just suggest these are things you get to know about me before you judge my relationship and my intelligence.
  • what age did i graduate highschool? 16.5What did I do after i graduated? worked full timeWhere am I from? VAWhat do I do now for a living? Secretary or clerkHow do I know I'm ready for marriage (or think I know)? Because your in loveHow many relationships in the past have I been in? 4What type of relationship do i have with my FH's family? Pretty good, but cautiousWhat type of relationship do i have with my own? Tumultuous.Did I get any?
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • I realize you won't understand until you're older and can look back on this with some perspective, but I just find it sad that anybody would think they have blossomed into an adult by the time they are 19.  You should never look at who you are at 19 and be satisfied with your growth....to even think you know what you want for the rest of your life.  The "I've been through so much" card gets thrown a lot, and I feel even worse for those people.  Just because someone had to grow up quickly and become responsible at an earlier age than most doesn't mean they are mentally ready.  Nor should they be willing to sacrifice the few remaining years of childhood they have left.  I'm not saying go out and party and be irresponsible.  But at least don't tie yourself down.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • I would garuntee MONEY that none of you would say even half of what you said on here to my face. None of you would even meet me in person. Do you all realize that you are a bunch of jokes? You cannot spell guarantee but yes you are correct, everyone else is a joke. I think i'm honest and i appreciate others being upfront and honest as well.Well, clearly THAT is a lie.
  • but if you can't, i just suggest these are things you get to know about me before you judge my relationship and my intelligence. Again, you miss the point.  I'll grant you that, despite your inability to communicate like an adult, you are the smartest, most mature, most experienced 19 year old the world has ever known.  You are still 19.  You will grow and change in ways you cannot even fathom in the next 5 years.  I'll never be able to convince you of that b/c part of being 18 and 19 is that everyone thinks they know more and are more than is true.  It's just part of being a teenager.Also, being an adult means not needing to run whining to other boards for back up, you know?
  • But Fallin, if she doesn't post 400 times about how little this is bothering her and how funny she thinks it all is, how will anybody believe her?
  • Enter text here. I think what you have gone through in life plays a huge role in how mature you are. The reason why people think the older you are, the wiser you are is because most of those people who have lived longer experienced more of the important life lessons that it takes to make someone more mature. I never said everyone who has been thru alot is automatically smart or mature. I know a few people who have been thru more than i'm sure many of you can even imagine... Sure you didn't say it but you certainly implied it.
    10Jul2010
  • Obviously not everyone will have the same experience, but I can't tell you how many people who marry or commit at such a young age do not end up in that same relationship.  I am one of them.  Sure I have and am learning a lot because of my experiences, but I would much rather not have been a divorcee before 30.People who volunteer strong advice, no matter how un-asked for or unwelcome you may find it, are doing so out of experience and genuine concern.  They see someone making the same mistakes and even though you may insist on learning the hard way, their knowledge and experience has taught them something.  It wouldn't kill you to consider it.  It might be good for you.
  • i definitely never asked for back up. I didn't want anyone to come over here and "back me up" because i don't need it. Was it nice? Yea. Was it needed? No. I can handle the bitchiness all by myself. I'm a big girl now!and you seemed to have missed my point then fallin. One of the first things i said was i know i still have alot to learn. I know things about me will change by then. But i'm sure that my feelings for FH will not be one of them. I am always thinking about what will change... hell, i'm changing my mind every second. I hated pittsburgh 7 months ago, i was going to leave. And now its home to me. The first place i really felt that way about. And people get into bad relationships at any and every age. Thats why a long engagement helps, and there is also a such thing as a divorce. I don't plan on having kids for another 10 years. That would be the only reason I even thought about staying in a relationship with someone that wasn't working. Marraige is not a ball and chain to me, because i'm not very religious. The only reason we want a big wedding is for the family. We could do it just us...go to the courthouse...sign the papers.. and that be it. I'd be fine with that.
  • I have the song "I love to laugh" from mary poppins in my head.
  • Marraige is not a ball and chain to me, because i'm not very religious.I think this statement is really odd. I'm not religious at all, but I certainly don't take marriage lightly. Going into a marriage with the view that you don't need to be tied to it in the long-term is weird.

• Here's your lesson to learn for the day:  a lot is two words, not one.And I'd just like to point out the very first thing I told you when you came here saying you appreciate up front honesty:I sincerely doubt you'll appreciate our upfront honesty.You can't say we didn't give you fair warning.
  • Marraige is not a ball and chain to me, because i'm not very religious.WTF? Well, I am religious and I do not consider it a ball and chain either. That was ignorant. Just like your spell check.
  • [i]Going into a marriage with the view that you don't need to be tied to it in the long-term is weird. [/i]This completely. Why get married if you don't think it is a lasting commitment?
  • Duh, when you're 19 and oh so grown up and mature, you can change your marriage status as often as you change your underwear if you damn well please
  • Ha!  I had forgotten about -3

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_intro?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:10479903Post:ec8cf6f7-1f33-451e-8ced-19ff06062718">Re: Intro :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]*I know this is the Snarky Brides but not all of us are snarky :)
    Posted by Dashofpurple[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but we do not have any room in our lifeboats for non-snarkies. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards