Snarky Brides

Have you picked your candidate yet?

I read this article yesterday and thought it was interesting.  My vote is still for Mitt and was reinforced by his pick of Ryan.

What about you?  Who is your pick as of now and why?

This was the article.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22/university-of-colorado-pr_n_1822933.html
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?

• I didnt know a whole lot about Ryan but I really like that he has a degree in economics.  I think his knowledge of economics and Romneys knowledge of budget, job creation etc is a great duo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • On the financial side of things, I support Romney. On the social side, I support Obama. I really like some of Romney's financial plans that he's talking about and really would love to support those. Plus I Like Ryan and I think he's young and energetic and really what we need at this point. But honestly, some of the things like women's health care and same sex equality issues make me really want to vote for Obama again. Some of the things the Rebuplican party supports on those fronts just makes me sad for our future. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:9752152d-73e9-488f-b5fa-ee16551060a4">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]On the financial side of things, I support Romney. On the social side, I support Obama. I really like some of Romney's financial plans that he's talking about and really would love to support those. Plus I Like Ryan and I think he's young and energetic and really what we need at this point. But honestly, some of the things like women's health care and same sex equality issues make me really want to vote for Obama again. Some of the things the Rebuplican party supports on those fronts just makes me sad for our future. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

Do you think Romney will try to change legislation on those 2 fronts?  He didnt when he was Govenor here and he was in office when we legalized gay marriage.

On the flip side, Obama has not tried to change legislation at the federal level in support of same sex marriage.  I guess thats why I dont see social issues as important issues on the federal level.  I think they are more important, right now, at the state level.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:791c8dd3-b9cd-4868-b1b8-4967825e20c4">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : <strong>Do you think Romney will try to change legislation on those 2 fronts?  He didnt when he was Govenor here and he was in office when we legalized gay marriage. </strong>On the flip side, Obama has not tried to change legislation at the federal level in support of same sex marriage.  I guess that's why I don't see social issues as important issues on the federal level.  I think they are more important, right now, at the state level.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>I was not aware of this and it definitely give me something to think about. I'm not really confident either way, so I'm willing to vote whichever way at this point.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm a health educator so the health related issues are a big deal to me. The whole debacle with trying to defund Planned Parenthood and Susan G. Koman pulling funds and all that really left a poor taste in my mouth. Then you have that asshat in MO telling people women who get "legitimately raped can't get pregnant" What..? Do you know anything about how the human body works and what constitutes as rape? I know that has no bearing on the presidential elections, but still, it makes me side eye some of the republican decisions. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:b8f07876-5cdd-4112-8ffc-dc0d84ef9223">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I was not aware of this and it definitely give me something to think about. I'm not really confident either way, so I'm willing to vote whichever way at this point. I'm a health educator so the health related issues are a big deal to me. The whole debacle with trying to defund Planned Parenthood and Susan G. Koman pulling funds and all that really left a poor taste in my mouth.<strong>Then you have that asshat in MO telling people women who get "legitimately raped can't get pregnant"</strong> What..? Do you know anything about how the human body works and what constitutes as rape? I know that has no bearing on the presidential elections, but still, it makes me side eye some of the republican decisions. 
    There are bad seeds on both sides, and I highly doubt that this is an across the board Republican view. Its an extremist view, and probably something that people shouldn't focus on or judge other Republicans on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:b8f07876-5cdd-4112-8ffc-dc0d84ef9223">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I was not aware of this and it definitely give me something to think about. I'm not really confident either way, so I'm willing to vote whichever way at this point. I'm a health educator so the health related issues are a big deal to me. The whole debacle with trying to defund Planned Parenthood and Susan G. Koman pulling funds and all that really left a poor taste in my mouth. <strong><u>Then you have that asshat in MO telling people women who get "legitimately raped can't get pregnant</u></strong>" What..? Do you know anything about how the human body works and what constitutes as rape? I know that has no bearing on the presidential elections, but still, it makes me side eye some of the republican decisions. 

Yeah but he is not representive of the whole party.  He is just a moron who even Romney wanted him to drop out of the race after saying that.

You could also reverse that and link just about every financial move that the Govt has done that has sunk us into massive debt (bailouts, frannie mae, freddy mac, etc) to democrats.

I also think Eric Holder is far more scary than some small time looney politician who doesnt know what he is talking about when it comes to rape.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:5af2af3c-3f57-4115-9955-2806d2c53255">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I think Romney is more of a fiscal conservative than anything else, but I think he's moved notably to the right on social issues since his days as gov of Mass. It's very possible that he's only doing that to appeal to the Republican base, but it concerns me enough to stop me from voting for him. 
    Posted by HoorayForSoup[/QUOTE]

I guess it always confuses me when people say "I wont vote for someone who doesnt support gay marriage" when in fact not one democratic president has ever tried to legalize it.  Before Obama got elected, his view on gay marriage was the exact same as Romneys.  That is should be a states issue.  He only very recently said that he supports it, but he isnt going to make a move to legislate it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't have the time to really explain my decision but while I think President Obama has made a lot of mistakes, I will be voting for him. I still support him on a lot of fronts, though not all. I still believe he can make notable changes for this country as well. I further believe that we would be in the very position, or close to it, even had a republican won in 08.

As for Romney/Ryan- Ryan is way too far to the right for me to ever consider voting for him. I may have seriously considered Romney had he chosen a candidate closer to the center.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I wouldn't take his word as that of all of the Republican party and I hope it didn't come off that way. Mostly I'm just sick of feeling like everyone's taking stabs at women's health and the majority of it comes from Republicans. I'm a big girl and I can make my own decision about my health. I don't care for some old man to dictate it for me, regardless of party affiliation. 

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of politics. People are generally set in their ways and even if they listen to the other side or debate civilly, most of the time there's not much mind changing going on. And like I said before, I'm not set in my decision yet and I'd happily vote whichever way is most beneficial to me and to our country. Hopefully you don't all think I'm a giant ass now because I am enjoying this thread. I'm learning some new information I didn't know before, so there's that at least. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:027ea6cc-9ee4-42d8-a73e-761be7daf9ca">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I wasn't talking about gay marriage so much as I was talking about women's reproductive issues. I'd love to vote for a candidate who wanted to legalize gay marriage, unfortunately that isn't going to be an option if I was to vote for someone with a shot at winning. 

I guess I just dont see how not supporting Planned Parenthood = banning abortions for all.

I pro-choice and I 100% do not support Planned Parenthood.  But its for reasons other than just the fact that they do abortions.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:c23df6ef-853d-4f5f-b513-8ad5262fb150">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't take his word as that of all of the Republican party and I hope it didn't come off that way. Mostly I'm just sick of feeling like everyone's taking stabs at women's health and the majority of it comes from Republicans. I'm a big girl and I can make my own decision about my health. I don't care for some old man to dictate it for me, regardless of party affiliation.  Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of politics. People are generally set in their ways and even if they listen to the other side or debate civilly, most of the time there's not much mind changing going on. And like I said before, I'm not set in my decision yet and I'd happily vote whichever way is most beneficial to me and to our country. Hopefully you don't all think I'm a giant ass now because I am enjoying this thread. I'm learning some new information I didn't know before, so there's that at least. 

I dont think your an ass.  I just like asking lots of questions of people who have a different view than me.  I like learning why they have it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:47ae2a63-bbc9-4112-9bd3-76a49c2305b4">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I guess I just dont see how not supporting Planned Parenthood = banning abortions for all. <strong>I pro-choice and I 100% do not support Planned Parenthood.  But its for reasons other than just the fact that they do abortions.</strong>

<div>Would you mind sharing, or is it personal? I do support PP, but mostly because I like their educational stance, which is a big portion of their services. Many PP facilities don't have the capability to perform abortions but instead will make recommendations to other clinics. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sorry I completely derailed our original topic, btw. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:bdfb0ef1-af3a-4eea-9269-a053f74a46f2">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I dont think your an ass.  I just like asking lots of questions of people who have a different view than me.  I like learning why they have it.

I can advocate for Blue on this. She genuinely likes to hear ideas and share her own. She is a phenomenal person to discuss politics with. I am ultra liberal and she and I get along beautifully. She has even helped my own views evolve.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:4b138235-9a00-4882-8a6d-4e65d7dda366">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : Would you mind sharing, or is it personal? I do support PP, but mostly because I like their educational stance, which is a big portion of their services. Many PP facilities don't have the capability to perform abortions but instead will make recommendations to other clinics. 

Mostly I dont think an organization that shows the kind of profits that they do needs federal funding.  But also because I dont like some of their practices.  I think there needs to be better consuling for abortion patients, follow up visits, etc.  Without really getting into it, I know of a few people who used them for abortions and the experience was terrible.

I do agree with the education part and the healthcare services that are provided there, I just think there are better organzations out there that need the funding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:c072ff46-1bde-4624-b387-0710bac065ce">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : That's true, but Romney is pro-life and Ryan is VERY pro-life. He co sponsored a bill that could potentially criminalize IVF for effs sake.   Basically I used to see Romney as a man who was socially conservative in his personal life, but not terribly interested in legislating based on those beliefs. He was much more focused on the economy. Recently some of his statements and actions (such as selecting Ryan) make me think he's moved to the social right in terms of how he wants to legislate. 

Yeah but many politicians on both side sponser idiotic bills.  Most recently the only ones that have gotten through are the ones from the left.  I dont think we will ever see the day that aboriton becomes illegal, IVF becomes illegal, BCP become illegal.

But we are seeing the days when transfat has become illegal, smoking on your property, swearing in public, drinking large sodas, etc. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:6a4db136-cb38-4b77-aef5-8cc5ee0bb918">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : Oh my gosh I totally agree with you there. I'm socially liberal because I fervently support personal autonomy. I don't think the government should be allowed to tell anyone what to do with my body or who I can marry- let alone if I can buy a large freaking soda. I'm still technically a NYC resident and Bloomberg is making me crazy. 

Thats what confuses me about the not voting republican.  You wont vote based off of their personal beliefs, but you are voting in people who are in fact legislating stuff that is asinine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:52eb8f94-8264-4294-80e1-7159f20087ae">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : Yeah but many politicians on both side sponser idiotic bills.  Most recently the only ones that have gotten through are the ones from the left.  I dont think we will ever see the day that aboriton becomes illegal, IVF becomes illegal, BCP become illegal. <strong>But we are seeing the days when transfat has become illegal, smoking on your property, swearing in public, drinking large sodas, etc. </strong>

<div>I feel about living in NY sometimes for this. Bloomberg pushed through the stupid soda ban. Comprehnsive health education helps people make better decision about what they eat and drink. Legally scolding people for drinking soda is flucking ridiculous. </div>
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:4649efa3-2d13-4412-b7a6-6e0fd679e4b8">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Obama.  I'm socially liberal, support Obamacare for personal as well as political reasons and tend to agree with democrats more on fiscal issues.  I'm not a huge fan of Romney, but Ryan is way too socially conservative for me to ever consider voting for a ticket with him on it. 

This is mostly where I am too. Except, I'm also not a fan of Ryan's budget proposal from earlier this year (last year?).

I would have given more consideration to Romney if he had chosen a more moderate running mate. Also, whoever said that Romney has become more conservative regarding social issues since his time as governor is spot on. Wasn't he was pro-choice when he was running for governor of MA?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:1d5241d7-1c6d-4a4d-a778-4e0da53c4e6e">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]See and the difference is I do think we could see a day when abortions become illegal.  I agree that IVF and BC are unlikely. 

I would think the reverse since the Supreme Court already ruled on abortion.  Its a done deal, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:d615893e-4760-4908-b37f-ce85a6ae11d6">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think Romney is as socially conservative as he is attempting to appear.<strong><u>  I think he thinks that's the way to get a lot of the Republican votes</u></strong>.  I could be wrong but I have a feeling he goes home, laughs, and thinks "Do they really think I care about this crap?"
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Sadly that is the only way to get the majority of the vote he needs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:61004ee7-5d0c-4d36-adfc-7f80f29ec818">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I would think the reverse since the Supreme Court already ruled on abortion.  Its a done deal, lol.

I think if the current balance in SCOTUS is changed, Roe v. Wade could be overturned. It's unlikely, but certainly not impossible.

Thanks for starting this thread, by the way. I lurk from time to time and lately there hasn't been any interesting stuff to read.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:d819af30-1239-47d7-a813-987fb13ee08b">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I think if the current balance in SCOTUS is changed, Roe v. Wade could be overturned. It's unlikely, but certainly not impossible. Thanks for starting this thread, by the way. I lurk from time to time and lately there hasn't been any interesting stuff to read.
    Posted by jacelia[/QUOTE]

I dont think its going to change anytime soon.  In fact, I think its going to be getting a few more liberals in there since a few of the conservatives are leaving in the next year ot 2.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is a great thread.

I really like reading other people's views, which are far more educated than my own on many issues. 

I'm undecided but leaning Romney.  I'm not a huge fan of Ryan and, given my Facebook feed, none of my friends are either.  However, I haven't investigated the issues, stances, and looked at everything as a whole yet.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:2cc8cb13-bbe3-4c57-930d-c84c45b41c1b">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I dont think its going to change anytime soon.  In fact, I think its going to be getting a few more liberals in there since a few of the conservatives are leaving in the next year ot 2.

True. Although if Romney is elected, he'll be in the position to appoint conservatives.

However, I think Roberts' vote on Obamacare was proof that we can never really predict how these things are going to go, so this is all just academic.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:bf90ed34-0fa2-4c29-87b7-2c01778f8684">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : This is mostly where I am too. Except,<strong><u> I'm also not a fan of Ryan's budget proposal from earlier this year</u></strong> (last year?). I would have given more consideration to Romney if he had chosen a more moderate running mate. Also, whoever said that Romney has become more conservative regarding social issues since his time as governor is spot on. Wasn't he was pro-choice when he was running for governor of MA?

Do you think any plan is better than no plan?  The democratic Senate hasnt passed a budget in 3 years.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:0708cd41-cf23-45a7-8bb4-4a1da0751eb7">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : True. Although if Romney is elected, he'll be in the position to appoint conservatives. However, I think Roberts' vote on Obamacare was proof that we can never really predict how these things are going to go, so this is all just academic.

I think its safe to say that if the conservative Justices let Obamacare pass, they are not going to overturn Roe V Wade ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm still undecided as well, but I'm leaning more and more towards Romney everyday.  I'm still educating myself on many of the issues.  

I love reading these kind of threads because I have learned a lot about politics in the last few months.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_have-you-picked-your-candidate-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1869b7d6-e981-4700-9003-fff8d43ebadePost:544b2aac-ad2c-41bd-858c-b67af28a9924">Re: Have you picked your candidate yet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have you picked your candidate yet? : I think its safe to say that if the conservative Justices let Obamacare pass, they are not going to overturn Roe V Wade ;)

I actually agree. My point earlier was that just because SCOTUS had issued an opinion on abortion, it wasn't a sure thing that it would never be overturned. Not sure if that's what you were saying, I was just weighing in.
  • I'm just nodding along with everything you're saying, Blue. I totally agree with all of your assessments-- PP, Holder, Romney more than likely not tackling the social issues and sticking to the economic ones.

I also agree with DJ that Romney is not as socially conservative as he is appearing, but that he has had to appear more conservative because the only way to get "in" with either side these days is to be extremely partial to one side or the other. Actually, most of the super conservatives I know think he is not conservative enough.

My vote will be for Romney/Ryan, because my priorities are economy and international relations, and I really don't think I need to worry about my uterus, regardless of what a couple outspoken goons say. My only concern for my uterus is whether or not it will be able to afford Obamacare.
    meet annie! rescued 6.17.12 imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards