Snarky Brides
Options

Evening Chatter Goes Here.

Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:2d924060-06b8-45f5-9365-392cb0462dc9">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Fi and I are going to a place called 5 guys to try their hamburgers.</strong> He has been wanting to go there for a while because he keeps hearing good thing about them. Jas- I have been wanting to go to Goodwill since like forever. Maybe I will venture out to one this weekend. FI wouldn't mind if I found him star wars toys or hot wheels.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

I have been dying to go there. We have had one for quite a while, but we haven't made it there yet. I hear great things about them too.
  • Options
    CM - I love you and your H's new tats!  Jered and I are going to get new tattoos after the honeymoon and I'm so excited!

Crash - I'm so sorry to hear about work suckage :(  My heart aches for people stuck at jobs that suck the life - I totally know how it feels.

I'm going to meet up with my best guy friend/bridesman after work today for happy hour and I'm hoping I don't gorge on all the yummy food.  I've been doing really well with my diet lately so I don't want to fall off the wagon.

Then I'll probably go home and watch So You Think You Can Dance.  I'm boring.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    You ever go to TK Burger, dodgers?  I love hitting up that place when I'm in so-Cal.
    panther
  • Options
    I found out my grandmother passed away and I need to figure out how to get to my Dad in Phoenix without losing my job. I am still stuck at work and getting increasingly pissed off.

Crap ass day all around :/
  • Options
    I've never been to 5 guys. I don't think there are any around here.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    5 guys is the bees knees. Get a "little" burger if you don't want to be eating a massive burger. "little" = normal. Learned that lesson the hard way
  • Options
    A word to the wise regarding chocolate covered fruit.  Never eat a full chocolate covered banana on a stick in public - there's no way to do it without looking obscene. 

I'm wondering what the people who fish in the pond by my office (nasty, smelly, reclaimed waste water) do with the fish when the catch them.  I truly hope they don't eat them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:5fbe9268-83bb-4879-b091-f460ba706143">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here. : Yep I agree red velvet is definitely on the list.  I was also thinking lemon poppyseed and chocolate.  They also have tiramisu, german chocolate, white, yellow, <strong>champagne, pink champagne</strong>, carrot, amarretto vanilla and amaretto chocolate. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Excuse me!? I have never heard of champagne wedding cake, but sounds awesome!

Mine was white chocolate, H's was red velvet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:6192e40b-0f17-4d80-8657-f0a18a2733e7">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate group projects.  I always ended up doing all the work. I really don't know why anyone continues to assign group projects. TELL ME WHY, NATES.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]
    This is as far as I got in reading, so sorry if we're way over this.  I HATE THEM, TOO. I even hate assigning them, but we HAVE to.  It's such a PITA.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-chatter-goes-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:23e149f0-6191-4284-b6c4-72bb773caa37Post:a3543136-5cee-4872-939f-a7835bf15da8">Re: Evening Chatter Goes Here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]CM - I love you and your H's new tats!  Jered and I are going to get new tattoos after the honeymoon and I'm so excited! Crash - I'm so sorry to hear about work suckage :(  My heart aches for people stuck at jobs that suck the life - I totally know how it feels. I'm going to meet up with my best guy friend/bridesman after work today for happy hour and I'm hoping I don't gorge on all the yummy food.  I've been doing really well with my diet lately so I don't want to fall off the wagon. <strong>Then I'll probably go home and watch So You Think You Can Dance.  I'm boring.</strong>
    Posted by sherrbearr22[/QUOTE]

That's not boring, it's top 20 night! H and I still need to watch last night's episode, so I am behind, but I love that show. I was shocked that H ended up liking it too, but I suppose the cute girls help that.
  • Options
    Oh mizery :( So sorry to hear about your grandmother.  My grandpa died one year ago today, it's been a sad day for me a little bit too.  *hugs*  I hope everything works out with your dad.

Dot, try all those flavors.  And send me the leftovers.

You guys know what I watch in the evenings?  Days of Our Lives, on the DVR.  Because I'm AWESOME like that.  Good God it's been good lately, too.
    panther
  • Options
    Miz, I am so sorry. 
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2011
    Now I am torn between red velvet and Funfetti. That's my favorite memory from living on campus. Me and my suitemates making funfetti cake..or did we do cupcakes? Idk. but it was awesome

Eta: Miz I'm sorry for your loss. You don't get any kind of bereavement leave?
  • Options
    LDY, it happened before with my last name, too.  And my last name had "asss" in it, so I never understood why people would pronounce it "ace."

Now my last name sounds similar to "rockstar," so I just roll with it because it's badass.

Personally, I love lemon flavored cake so, you need to do that, Dot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, UM.  I hope you can work something out.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm so sorry undyingmizert!

Ok I lied there ar 6 in Seattle. Maybe we will have to go one of the times Edmund has an appointment over there.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Miz - both about your grandmother and work being in your way. They won't understand that you need to leave?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Miz. :(
  • Options
    Miz, I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope your job will be understanding and accomodating.
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear about you grandmother Miz. Hugs going your way!

Taking notes on 5 Guys. Most people love In&Out and I don't really get the fuss.

AATB- I never really get out to the OC but next time I am out there I will definitely have to check it out.
  • Options
    Miz, I love you. I'm so sorry, honey.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our wedding cake was lemon poppyseed and pink champagne. They were heavenly!
  • Options
    This post is making me hungry, between Edible Arrangements, 5 Guys, and wedding cake talk.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    You totally should, Dodgers.  TK Burger is the SHlT and the onion rings are TO DIE
    panther
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    5 guys is delicious! 

I am sorry for your loss Miz. 

I am probably working late tonight and packing/cleaning and I don't know what to have for dinner because we are going OOT tomorrow for my shower so I don't want to get groceries. 

I just finished reading Hunger games and I now need a new book(s) to read this weekend. 
  • Options
    Two more randoms.

H's grandmother sent us an album of wedding pictures that she took. I lurve it :) ...

And that makes me want my professions wedding pictures NOW. But I'm trying to be understanding and patient. Photographers' son has MPS and he's been in and out of the hospital since right after the wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've also have never had In & Out. I went to one with friends but we were only there to get t-shirts.
  • Options
    I don't get how people wouldn't like In-N-Out.  It's like heaven on a bun.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards