Snarky Brides

Ask a Knottie anything!!

Lets do this, Bitches!!

Ask someone specifically or a question for everyone, up to you!

IHO Rayned - whats the worst injury youve ever had?

Go!

(i tried posting this from my phone and I didnt work, so I am sorry in advance if it shows up 8 times)

Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!

• Roxy--where was your favorite place to live?

Nebb--favorite show of all time?
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    fave show is a tough one, i love tv - tie between gilmore girls, sex and the city and mad men
  • nates- are you named after anyone?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Nebb - Can I have the recipe for the brussel sprout/bacon etc. dish?   And also, tell me about your SN...why "Nebb"? (if you don't mind me asking the 2nd one)

• Nebb - How are the tomatoes coming?

Nates - What's your one specific favorite item of clothing?

• whats the worst injury youve ever had?

I dropped an oak tree root on my bare foot a couple years ago. It looked like Raynes' foot, only it was my big toe. Come to think of it, it was the same big toe I have all the issues with now.

But other than that, I haven't gotten hurt a lot. I get bad illnesses rather than injuries.
  • edited April 2011
    I didn't peg you as an SATC girl, Nebb.

Blue--I am, kinda.  My mom is Irish and a bunch of other stuff and she had a really Irish friend in high school, Eileen.  Her sister's name was Noreen and my mom said that it was the most beautiful name she had heard (I hated it for years, FTR). Once she got KU'd, she toyed with a bunch of names but picked this one.

Pirate--that's hard.  I have a lot of dramatic stuff, but I tend to like simple things most.  I have this gray, hip-length cardigan from the GAP that I adore and wear all the time.

Pirate--why do you like NC so much?

ETA: I mean, what is it about NC that you love?
  • Pirate!  Have you started studying for the CPA yet?

Aprovencher, do you get out of school this summer, or are you taking classes?

• Worst injury: a German Shepherd bit me on the shoulder when I was 8. I think you can see the edge of my scar in my sig.

For everyone: Do you like your middle name, if you have one? It seems to be a common thing that parents give their kids heinous middle names, but I like mine. Do you?
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • NebbNebb member
    hah lotsa questions for me!! tomatoes are good, finally getting their real leaves so coming along. gonna move to givver pots once theyre a little bigger. neb is what we joked we would name our kid, everyone gets our lastname wrong and they would probably get the first/last of our kid wrong if we named him neb, which we thought was super funny at the time - neb was oddly taken, so i went with nebb!

brusselspouts are super easy - halve the sprouts and set aside, saute 1 small onion and 4 strips of bacon diced up. mix together in ovenproof dish and roast uncovered at 350 for half an hr, mixing periodically. they get so crispy!
  • Worst injury:
    I fell off of a railroad tie fence (about four or five feet high) and fractured my wrist--it was just shy of a complete break. 

Middle name:
    I love my middle name--Elizabeth.  It's a family name.
  • Worst injury:  this foot thing is the first one thats brought me to seek medical care, but I've burnt and cut myself pretty bad a few times in the kitchen.

For everyone: Do you like your middle name, if you have one? It seems to be a common thing that parents give their kids heinous middle names, but I like mine. Do you?

My middle name is Elizabeth, and I like it.  Dereks' family does 2 middle names after parents/grandparents, and I don't know yet how I feel about that.  Derek's is fine, his middle names are Joesph Donald, but his sister is Joelle Dawn.  Um, no.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't mind my middle name at all. It's Anne, so there's really nothing I can get up-in-arms over. :)
  • Worst injury: Broken back Middle name: Elena ( a-lay-na) and I love it
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Omg Blue. How did you break your back? And I really like the name Elena. When I was taking Spanish in high school, we all had to pick Spanish names for class and I picked Elena.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:25d7dd13-a059-4739-a70d-89ae6b87c595">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Worst injury: I fell off of a railroad tie fence (about four or five feet high) and fractured my wrist--it was just shy of a complete break.  Middle name: I love my middle name--Elizabeth.  It's a family name.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

High-five middle name twin.  Mine's also a family name.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    omg lc! thats scary!!

i love my middle name - courtney elizabeth, i just like having a longass name haha
  • Worst injury - broken leg when I was two.  Some kid jumped on it while I was in a home day care.  Nice, eh?

Middle name - Marie.  Kinda one of those cliche, "everyone has that name" names but I think it goes nicely with my first name.  My sisters and I all have kinda cliche middle names.  My mom was never given a middle name.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:25d7dd13-a059-4739-a70d-89ae6b87c595">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Middle name: I love my middle name--Elizabeth.  It's a family name.
    ZOMG, you, Raynes and ME! My mother's first name is Elizabeth, so I was sort of named after her.

Worst injury- It's a tie between tearing my ACL and horrendously dislocating my shoulder. Though I think shoulder probably wins.

Nates- Where/how did you meet your FI?
  • Nebb- I may be behind, but who is the guy in your sig?

Nates- What's your favorite store for buying makeup or clothes?

For the Canadians- This may sound dumb. After reading "The Help" I started to wonder, did Canada go through the civil rights movement at the same time as the U.S.? I'm ashamed to say I don't know much about Canadian history.

My middle name is Sue, which came from my mom's best friend that had the same last name as us. I don't hate it. but at least I didn't end up as Amanda Lynn. I gave my daughter my childhood best friends first as her middle, causing her name to be 27 letters long. I should have gone with something shorter.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • For everyone:
    If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?
  • I love my middle name, Elise. I wish it was my first, since I hate my first name.
  • NebbNebb member
    hahah lots of elizabeth middlenames!
  • Worst injury: broken collarbone.  There was no cast, just a sling, so the bone moved when I moved.  It hurt to lay down, sit up, etc.  I was 12 and did it on a Friday when school let out...the next week was Spring Break.  I spent it in bed.

Middle Name: Nicole.  I kinda don't care about it. It's common, nothing special and I wasn't named after anyone.  When I get married I'll drop it and use my maiden name as my middle name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Worst injury: I fell on a broken oyster shell when I was 4 and the entire shell went into my leg.  Lots of blood and lots of screaming.  I have a scar the size of a quarter on my leg now.

Middle name: I love my middle name, it's Denise, duh lol.  I was named after my aunt.  I thought about dropping my middle name and making my maiden name my middle but I couldn't do it.  I love it too much.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like my middle name. It's the only one of my names that people don't spell or pronounce wrong.

My worst injury was my ankle a couple of years ago. But I've already told that story.
  • I love my middle name (Rochelle). I once tried to get everyone in my fourth grade class to refer to me by my middle name, but it never caught on. Maybe I'm just too much of a Mehgan.

Worst injury - I fell off a bunk bed and broke my right arm on the bed rail. I've never had an overnight hospital stay, though.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ask-knottie-anything-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:37532643-1428-48e0-a311-a3cc97b774fbPost:900b6f28-6944-4d66-be3a-67e10b64ea65">Re: Ask a Knottie anything!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For everyone: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you pick?

Someplace tropical but FI would melt. I hate cold and he hates hot. I would also love an extended stay in Europe to travel and see everything.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Pirate--why do you like NC so much? Lots of reasons.  There are tons of things to do, our weather is beautiful, the people are friendly.  I like the outdoors and enviromental stuff and love to hike, camp and kayak.  NC has tons of outdoor spaces and parks to explore.  We have black-water creeks down east that are fun to paddle leisurely and look at the wildlife.  We have fast white-water rapids in the mountains that are thrilling to traverse.  Not to mention the white-water center near Charlotte that was used in the Atlanta Olympics.  We have the highest mountain east of the Mississippi, and although our mountains aren't as dramatic as those out west, they're beautiful and full of life and history.  We have amazing beaches, sounds, and estuaries.  We have Native American cultural heritage and German immigrant cultural heritage among so many others. We have some of the oldest towns on the East Coast.  We have battlefields, we have WWII rocket testing sites, we have active military bases.  We have a wine region.  We have 16 public Universities, and many private ones.  There is just SO MUCH here.  When I think of the things I would want to live near, or the things that I would want to have in an "ideal" state.  NC has them. 

I'm admittedly biased because I've only ever lived in NC, but I really can't imagine being happier anywhere else. 

And that became a novel.  Sorry.

Pirate!  Have you started studying for the CPA yet?
    I took REG on the 8th and I've started studying FAR now.  I hate that they're not rolling out scores in waves anymore.  I'll have to wait until June to get my Reg score, and I probably won't take FAR until the beginning of July. 
  • edited April 2011
    If I could live anywhere in the world it would be here in NY, Philly, Dublin or Hawaii.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards