Snarky Brides
Options

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• Options
    Oh boy... well, I was planning on wearing boots... but I grew up in them on the family farm(if that makes a difference). Now I'm starting to rethink this...
  • Options
    Oh boy... well, I was planning on wearing boots... but I grew up in them on the family farm(if that makes a difference). Now I'm starting to rethink this...
    You know, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
    Personal taste isn't disputable. If you truly love something, don't feel you need to give it up because other people don't. 

And yes, if you grew up in cowboy boots, I think it makes a difference. Because it's something that's authentic to you and your personality, not just some random thing you saw on Pinterest.

There's a lot of anti "Vintage" sentiment, too. Because it got very trendy, and is often done by people who don't even get it, and have no genuine understanding of antique or vintage decor. 
    Doesn't bother me. I love old things, my daughter grew up surrounded by antiques and weird old stuff, one of her grandmas is a collector, the other is a dealer. So she specifically wanted antique and vintage decor at her wedding. It's an accurate reflection of her and her style. 

So yes, think about it,and make sure that you're making choices that are an authentic choice, something that reflects your genuine taste and style. That's different than someone who has never been on a farm but decides to drown their wedding in burlap and hay because it's sooooo cute on Pinterest. 
    I completely agree. And the bolded is so true. I try not to let it drive me nuts.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I would never judge a wedding where the bride and/or groom were actually into farming/horseback riding/outdoors.  What I do judge is when I see people who have never even ridden a horse gushing about how they're "totally a cowboy/cowgirl."  Um, no you're not, and you would totally freak if you even saw manure.  Liking the boots/country music does not make you those things.  It gets really bad when I go to the local country clubs and see guys who aren't from the South suddenly speaking in a Southern accent. Stahp it. 

But if that's who you actually are?  Go for it and rock the boots and country theme.  (I still say no to burlap, if only for the sole reason that it sheds everywhere. So annoying.)

• Options
    AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    levioosa said: cokchivette said: Oh boy... well, I was planning on wearing boots... but I grew up in them on the family farm(if that makes a difference). Now I'm starting to rethink this... I would never judge a wedding where the bride and/or groom were actually into farming/horseback riding/outdoors.  What I do judge is when I see people who have never even ridden a horse gushing about how they're "totally a cowboy/cowgirl."  Um, no you're not, and you would totally freak if you even saw manure.  Liking the boots/country music does not make you those things.  It gets really bad when I go to the local country clubs and see guys who aren't from the South suddenly speaking in a Southern accent. Stahp it. 

But if that's who you actually are?  Go for it and rock the boots and country theme.  (I still say no to burlap, if only for the sole reason that it sheds everywhere. So annoying.)
    ***********************************************************************************************************ETF: Boxes are not showing up in the post so added the stars
    This. I also agree that I hate burlap, and will always say no even if it is "country" or "rustic" or whatever. I cringed when I saw a beautiful, historic ballroom venue near the area FI and I are getting married in decorated with mason jars and burlap table runners on our photographer's blog. Just no. Why would you destroy the beauty of that venue,
    especially when there are plenty of farm venues in the area! 

• Options
    This wasn't on Pinterest but rather on Facebook.  A friend of mine (who is not in the photo) shared it.

• Options
    BrandNewJ said:
    hellohkb said:
    This wasn't on Pinterest but rather on Facebook.  A friend of mine (who is not in the photo) shared it.

WHY

WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS

I just cringed.... Ew.

Why is it a thing to essentially say that you've trapped a person. It looks like he doesn't want to marry her. I will NEVER understand this. 
    That's awful! I have a friend who got married this past summer. Her husband and her are HUGE hunters and for their e-pics they held out a deer antler that said "The hunt is over, DATE" which was cute because her husband wasn't being stung up like a skinned buck.

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    BrandNewJ said:
    hellohkb said:

WHY

I just cringed.... Ew.

Why is it a thing to essentially say that you've trapped a person. It looks like he doesn't want to marry her. I will NEVER understand this. 
    That's awful! I have a friend who got married this past summer. Her husband and her are HUGE hunters and for their e-pics they held out a deer antler that said "The hunt is over, DATE" which was cute because her husband wasn't being stung up like a skinned buck.
    See that's cute because it's mutual between both parties haha. This reminds me of the "bride pulling the groom by the foot" cake topper. I hate it, and truly don't get how it's funny. 
  • Options
    "Great for hunters!"
    Kill me now.
  • Options

This is horrible. He's strung up like a buck about to be skinned. They couldn't have dressed in camo or something? They had to take it this far?

I'd rather see burlap than this.
  • Options
    A wedding program posted on a friend's board. Who actually cares how many dresses you tried on or how many "Big Bang Theory" seasons or movies you watched?????? And I just can't with the "Black Friday Sales" thing.

• Options
    A wedding program posted on a friend's board. Who actually cares how many dresses you tried on or how many "Big Bang Theory" seasons or movies you watched?????? And I just can't with the "Black Friday Sales" thing.

Yep, this falls squarely into "No one cares" territory. I do not need an exact count of how many dresses you tried on. I give no shits.

And you really want or need to broadcast that you had a 13% acceptance rate? "You guys are clearly those who care the most about me and made the trip to this DW. See how many losers did not come."

I'm wondering what the point of the three dogs "not invited" are. Are they the couple's dogs, and they just wanted to acknowledge them while not having them present for the wedding? WTF.
  • Options
    AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @flantastic I had all of those thoughts too. This was the same one that I dropped out as a bridesmaid for (who also had the bride means boss shirts pinned). She still said that she wants FI and I there as guests. I showed this to FI last night and he responded with "I can't wait to go so that we can watch this shitshow!"

ETA: There are SO many etiquette blunders already (and an overall "me me me" attitude from the bride) that FI and I fully expect it to be quite interesting, and it looks like it just keeps getting worse. That's why FI said that. I have directed her here many times and tried to tell her when something was probably not a good idea but it goes in one ear and out the other.

• Options
    There is one part of this photo that really, really, really, confuses me.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    hellohkb said:

I'm confused why his pants are floods. 
    Edit: He has a shirt cuff coming out of the left sleeve and not the right. 

• Options
    hellohkb said:

I'm confused why his pants are floods. 
    Edit: He has a shirt cuff coming out of the left sleeve and not the right. 
    And is that a spoon coming out of the champagne glass?  Wut?

"For my wedding decor, I would like living room furniture scattered aimlessly across the lawn."

• Options
    I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THE MISSING CUFF OR THE SPOON. Thank you for pointing these out to me. I have been too focused on those fucking pants.

• Options
    hellohkb said:
    I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THE MISSING CUFF OR THE SPOON. Thank you for pointing these out to me. I have been too focused on those fucking pants.
    I don't know what this says about me, but I noticed the spoon before the pants.  lol.

• Options

The funniest thing about the spoon is that everything else is so artfully arranged that the spoon in the champagne was probably a deliberate design decision on someone's part.

"Yes, almost perfect . . . the champagne just needs this final touch . . ."

P.S. The groom has the same red and white sticker on his suitcase repeated at least three times, and I see a couple of more sticker repeats, too. If the aesthetic they're going for is "We are quirky and well-traveled," then like, maybe visit more than four or five places? Idk?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options

The funniest thing about the spoon is that everything else is so artfully arranged that the spoon in the champagne was probably a deliberate design decision on someone's part.

P.S. The groom has the same red and white sticker on his suitcase repeated at least three times, and I see a couple of more sticker repeats, too. If the aesthetic they're going for is "We are quirky and well-traveled," then like, maybe visit more than four or five places? Idk?

I agree, but I think the store that sold them that luggage piece might have put those stamps on.  I could be wrong, though.
  • Options
    wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    doeydo said:

I agree, but I think the store that sold them that luggage piece might have put those stamps on.  I could be wrong, though.
    No, I'm with you. It looks like one of those pre-printed "suitcases" you buy at Michael's. (I have a couple of small ones that I use for bathroom storage.) You can even see how the edges of the fake stickers are under the suitcase binding instead of on top of it.

They look sort of like this but with travel stamps:

• Options
    lnixon8 said:

hellohkb said:

This couple obvuously was so dedicated to "travel theme" that the groom faked like he grabbed the wrong mass produced suitcase owned by a man with longer arms and shorter legs than him.

Just one shorter arm of course ;)

• Options
    hellohkb said:

WHY

I can only assume they do it for our amusement. This thread is hilarious!

Also, I want traveling lady's awesome dress. The rest of the photo is bizarre but that one small detail is nice.
  • Options
    I'm apparently facebook friends with one of those people with the photos where the groom is tied up and the bride has a gun on her hip (both in camo of course) that gets featured all the time on those creative STD lists. Every. Single. Time. it gets posted they update their page like a badge of honor. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards