Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• I'm in a fashion swap Facebook group and someone just announced they're going to a "Victorian redneck" wedding.  I don't even... what?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsdee15 said:
    I'm in a fashion swap Facebook group and someone just announced they're going to a "Victorian redneck" wedding.  I don't even... what?
    ETA: Oh, FFS.  I was trying to add the image of Swedish Chef saying "Vurt da Furk."  Won't work.  Alas, the moment has passed.

• mrsdee15 said:
    I'm in a fashion swap Facebook group and someone just announced they're going to a "Victorian redneck" wedding.  I don't even... what?
    So does that mean everyone's supposed to wear Victorian dresses made out of camo?
  • allispain said:

mrsdee15 said:
    So does that mean everyone's supposed to wear Victorian dresses made out of camo?
    They mentioned going with plaid and petticoats.   I just don't even know what that means.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsdee15 said:
    I have no idea, but I'd love to see pictures.
  • mrsdee15 said:
    allispain said:

mrsdee15 said:
    They mentioned going with plaid and petticoats.   I just don't even know what that means.
    imageDoesn't everyone have one of these laying around?
  • I'm picturing this, but it's more hipster than "Victorian redneck", which ISN'T EVEN A THING.

• This wasn't on Pinterest but rather on Facebook.  A friend of mine (who is not in the photo) shared it.

I actually thought this is really hilarious. Not that I think it's appropriate for a wedding or anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The funniest thing about the spoon is that everything else is so artfully arranged that the spoon in the champagne was probably a deliberate design decision on someone's part.

"Yes, almost perfect . . . the champagne just needs this final touch . . ."

P.S. The groom has the same red and white sticker on his suitcase repeated at least three times, and I see a couple of more sticker repeats, too. If the aesthetic they're going for is "We are quirky and well-traveled," then like, maybe visit more than four or five places? Idk?

This is the kind of couple that has enough money to travel to Asia or Europe and they go to the same place in Florida every year. 

Those people make me want to puke and swing wildly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• this is what google found

Oh, sweet jesus... that's not even Victorian. That's 13th century.
  • I tried to open the link and my internet browser crashed. I guess it speaks for itself. Lol.
  • edited February 2015
    I'd like to share another photo I found while browsing a Facebook Wedding "for sale" page:

1. I can't read these signs.
    2. Bless Your Tits?
    3. Please mustache some treats for later...?
    4. Chevron....
    5. SIGNS

edit, because HTML

•  
    I'd like to share another photo I found while browsing a Facebook Wedding "for sale" page:

2. Bless Your Tits?
    4. Chevron....
    5. SIGNS

edit, because HTML

OMG.  That mustache one is so gross.

It says: Please flavor savor some treats for later. 

Ewww. 

• levioosa said:

2. Bless Your Tits?
    4. Chevron....
    5. SIGNS

edit, because HTML

Ewww. 

How the fuck did you get that
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    levioosa said:

2. Bless Your Tits?
    4. Chevron....
    5. SIGNS

edit, because HTML

Ewww. 

Have you never heard of a mustache being referred to as a "flavor savor" before?  I was like, "No, it can't be!"  But then I realized it rhymed, and that is what our world has come to.  "Please treats for later" makes zero sense.  Throwing the flavor savor in there makes more sense, but it's still stupid if that's what they're trying to do.  

• levioosa said:
    larrygaga said:
    levioosa said:

2. Bless Your Tits?
    4. Chevron....
    5. SIGNS

edit, because HTML

Ewww. 

Have you never heard of a mustache being referred to as a "flavor savor" before?  I was like, "No, it can't be!"  But then I realized it rhymed, and that is what our world has come to.  "Please treats for later" makes zero sense.  Throwing the flavor savor in there makes more sense, but it's still stupid if that's what they're trying to do.  
    I thought it was Please "stash" some treat for later...I have never heard of this "flavor savor" thing before.

• levioosa said:
    larrygaga said:
    levioosa said:

2. Bless Your Tits?
    4. Chevron....
    5. SIGNS

edit, because HTML

Ewww. 

I guess I have but it's so obscure I never thought about it! You're just a genius. \

Sherlock. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• MollyandDMollyandD member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    larrygaga said:
    levioosa said:
    larrygaga said:
    levioosa said:

2. Bless Your Tits?
    4. Chevron....
    5. SIGNS

edit, because HTML

Ewww. 

I guess I have but it's so obscure I never thought about it! You're just a genius. \

Sherlock. 
    I'm going to have to disagree and go with the person who said it means "please stash some treats for later."

This is too gross, and I honestly don't think it's what the couple meant. 
    Well it won't show the link I tried to post. Look up flavor savor in urbandictionary.com. 
  • Wouldn't it have to be flavour saver - as in "saving" it for later? In any case, I agree it's probably meant to be "stash" ('stache).
  • I can't believe I missed that..."Stache" some treats for later...

Still stupid as all fuck though...
  • Kahlyla said:
    Wouldn't it have to be flavour saver - as in "saving" it for later? In any case, I agree it's probably meant to be "stash" ('stache).
    That makes more sense.  And yeah, saver.  I was a little out of it last night. I hate mustaches so it's still gross to me.  

• levioosa said:
    Kahlyla said:
    Wouldn't it have to be flavour saver - as in "saving" it for later? In any case, I agree it's probably meant to be "stash" ('stache).
    That makes more sense.  And yeah, saver.  I was a little out of it last night. I hate mustaches so it's still gross to me.  
    Hehe - I didn't mean to snark on a typo or anything, I was just extra confused at first. I always joke when my husband has a crumb or something in his beard that he's "saving it for later", lol.
  • So I was looking for some ideas for my 1 year anniversary.  These are a few of my least favorite things.

Pretty sure these people don't even play Scrabble: 

Banner AND heart hands:

Holding up a chalk board sign really awkwardly while kissing:

Hey honey, let's set up a weirdly elaborate picnic in the park.  Not to enjoy food, just to pose, because why WOULDN'T we have a side table outdoors?  SO tired of picnic photo shoots:

I seriously don't understand why you want to pay a lot of money to someone to take a professional picture of you with your head chopped off.:

This trend of people being photographed while holding photographs is just too Inception for me:

I could keep going, but I'll stop for now.  I've actually loved using Pinterest for a LOT of things.  Confession:  Mostly alcohol.  But the wedding sections of Pinterest are dark and deadly places.

• These are all pretty contrived, but I think in the heart-hand/banner one the husband was caught in the act of trying to run away.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• antoto said:
    So I was looking for some ideas for my 1 year anniversary.  These are a few of my least favorite things.

Banner AND heart hands:

Hey honey, let's set up a weirdly elaborate picnic in the park.  Not to enjoy food, just to pose, because why WOULDN'T we have a side table outdoors?  SO tired of picnic photo shoots:

I seriously don't understand why you want to pay a lot of money to someone to take a professional picture of you with your head chopped off.:

This trend of people being photographed while holding photographs is just too Inception for me:

I could keep going, but I'll stop for now.  I've actually loved using Pinterest for a LOT of things.  Confession:  Mostly alcohol.  But the wedding sections of Pinterest are dark and deadly places.

The side-table picnic reminds me of people at Ravinia. Any other Chicago-area knotties may know the reference--- those people go over the top with picnics! 

Great reference with Inception, hahaha.  

• I'd like to share another photo I found while browsing a Facebook Wedding "for sale" page:

2. Bless Your Tits?
    4. Chevron....
    5. SIGNS

edit, because HTML

Bless your farts?? Really??

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Marzipan13 Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'm fairly new to the Knot.  This had me laughing so hard at my desk, I was crying.
  • arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    antoto said:
    So I was looking for some ideas for my 1 year anniversary.  These are a few of my least favorite things.

Banner AND heart hands:

The side-table picnic reminds me of people at Ravinia. Any other Chicago-area knotties may know the reference--- those people go over the top with picnics! 

Great reference with Inception, hahaha.  
    How many guys out there actually enjoy doing this shit?? And I mean actually says "Yes honey, I'd love to pose in cheesy over-the-top scenes with you! Whoopie!"

Hell, I'm a girl and *I* don't even want to do this stuff!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards