Snarky Brides
Options

Tell me what makes you happy

Re: Tell me what makes you happy

• Options
    Hehe, that's funny KD and sesh... pet wars!

Adamar- what makes you think an albino animal is different? Is it like a runt with physical things or is it mental? (just curious)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:0918ef5d-5ecd-4e98-a386-dfe7782ae034">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : uh, no. We've gone back and forth a few times and obviously nothing's changing. bfd. We disagree; I'm saying I agree to disagree because continuing to argue is pointless.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

I think you are missing the point.  Its one thing to agree to disagree if I say I like apples and you say apples are gross.  But on something like this?  Its fine to drop it, but its not ok to throw out little digs and implications and then bow out of the discussion. 

Thats like if I walk up to you and tell someone to GFY and then say "and im done talking about this" and walk away. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:8a3ce23e-3d31-45d5-b9e2-5ad1c4c85e87">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : Seriously there is nothing better than a good pet sitter.  Ask at your vets office that is how we found ours.  <strong>And you think getting someone to take care of your dogs is expensive girl wait for those child care costs.  Holy crap. </strong>
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

nah. I've got my 19 year-old sister.  Built in baby-sitter. She's already asking when she can babysit.  I told her it's a package deal though- baby and two dogs. ha
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:1d7ca840-e1ef-4f4f-a65c-1b335d2d0b0e">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : Good heavens are you ever sanctimonious.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Dude. You'd have to know this thread was going to be corny just by the title. Why did you even bother coming in here to say that? Steph's post was worded kind of assholey, but I can't say I don't agree with her.

My happy things:
    Beer
    Eyeliner
    Puppies
    Marshmallow fluff
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:f9b8db4a-6094-4a30-8518-ea85f56888fc">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha, kd and red - Whisky has a weird system. If we are on the couch, he only cuddles with H (if both of us are there). He will sit right in front of H on the floor and stare at him until he gets into a position he deems worthy, then will leap up and cuddle with him. But in bed, he curls up next to my head all night long. I'm not sure what his reasoning is.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats the weird thing, he sleeps between my legs all night. He's weird. I threaten to get my own cat when he chooses H over me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:86f23be5-abf2-46f8-af87-f71cd607f0ec">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : I think you are missing the point.  Its one thing to agree to disagree if I say I like apples and you say apples are gross.  But on something like this?  Its fine to drop it, but its not ok to throw out little digs and implications and then bow out of the discussion.  Thats<span style="font-weight:bold;"> like if I walk up to you and tell someone to </span>GFY<span style="font-weight:bold;"> and then say "and </span>im<span style="font-weight:bold;"> done talking about this" and walk away. </span>
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

That's hardly what happened. It's not like I refused to respond/explain when people called me on it. I did. You guys obviously thought I targeted nebb. I said I didn't (and I honest to god did not mean just her.)  There's really nothing else to be said? We disagree. It's not a big deal.  You guys think I said something meaner than I intended. It's hardly the first time that's happened to me. I've learned to just say "ok. We disagree."  I'm not really interested in continuing to 'defend' myself when it's obviously not going to make a difference anyway.

And, nebb, it's not 'sanctimonious' to just say I dont' feel like continuing to argue. I said I was just as involved in the lame conversation. I hardly think saying "agree to disagree and move on" is sanctimonious.
  • Options
    I think you're missing the reason why I'm taking issue with what steph said mara.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:77bd2d6b-e4db-4391-bd1b-4d4938e35c94">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hehe, that's funny KD and sesh... pet wars! Adamar- what makes you think an albino animal is different? Is it like a runt with physical things or is it mental? (just curious)
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

She can't see in bright sun because her eyes are so light.  She has skin issues.  She's on meds because she pees at night.  She's a little nuts, but I'm not sure if that's because she's a dobie or if it's from being albino.  I like to call her our little genetic mutant.  She's a sweet dog, but I'll try and steer clear of albinos in the future.  Baloo actually has some genetic stuff too.  His legs look like they're put on backwards and he had double dew claws (my vet said that was the most difficult dew claw surgery she's ever done).  He's on a joint supplement because of his legs.  I love my dogs to death, but they come with a load of issues (I've also got a dachshund with back problems).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:1f0b055f-5218-424d-94ee-e55809addf5f">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : That's very cool.  I was so lucky when my daughter was a baby my mom was retired.  It is so nice to be able to really trust your day care provider and not worry if your baby will be ok.  By the way do you know if it is going to be a boy or girl yet?  I may or may not know someone who knows how to crochet hats. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

haha. No. I think I can find out at like 16-20 weeks? I dunno.

And yeah, I totally agree. My sister has actually worked in day cares (with her certification and stuff) for 3 years, so she knows what she's doing too. (Probably more than me.)
  • Options
    adamar- double dew claws? that sounds awful.  Does he have the normal amount of 'regular' toes/claws still?
  • Options
    Sex and carbs.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Steph, you said you wanted to stop arguing, yet there you are!  still arguing. You have been extra combative lately and it's getting old. 

Nebb, even if Steph wasn't directing it at you, she's right. You've been quite the Debbie Effing Downer lately

And Blue,  Just STFU.  I'm sick of this high and mighty vibe you are constantly giving off.  It's like you think you're better than everyone else all the time.  It's annoying.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:999e6551-192f-4731-978c-680148d44e53">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : That's hardly what happened. It's not like I refused to respond/explain when people called me on it. I did. You guys obviously thought I targeted nebb. I said I didn't (and I honest to god did not mean just her.)  There's really nothing else to be said? We disagree. It's not a big deal.  You guys think I said something meaner than I intended. It's hardly the first time that's happened to me. I've learned to just say "ok. We disagree."  I'm not really interested in continuing to 'defend' myself when it's obviously not going to make a difference anyway. And, nebb, it's not 'sanctimonious' to just say I dont' feel like continuing to argue. I said I was just as involved in the lame conversation. I hardly think saying "agree to disagree and move on" is sanctimonious.

Then there is a huge disconnect between what you think you are saying and what you actually say.  And ill leave it at that, because you are right, its not the first and wont be the last time it happens.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:ba3a3c11-d140-44fc-b354-a45582012119">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]adamar- double dew claws? that sounds awful.  Does he have the normal amount of 'regular' toes/claws still?

Yep.  It was pretty weird-looking, but his feet look normal now.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Yup. I know. I got caught in a Catch-22. Oh well. I'd rather keep 'arguing' to defend myself. 

But, hey. Glad you felt the need to make an ae to say how you feel.  Kudos to you for that.
  • Options
    Adamar- aw, poor pups. I didn't realize she was a Dobie (her coloring almost looks like a weimaraner, so pretty).
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:dafe0708-cda0-445a-8249-13e0e22485b9">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph, you said you wanted to stop arguing, yet there you are!  still arguing. You have been extra combative lately and it's getting old.  Nebb, even if Steph wasn't directing it at you, she's right. You've been quite the Debbie Effing Downer lately And Blue,  Just STFU.  I'm sick of this high and mighty vibe you are constantly giving off.  It's like you think you're better than everyone else all the time.  It's annoying.
    Posted by JudgeJudy13[/QUOTE]

Well, hello, Judge Lame Ass.  How lovely of you to address the objects of your dissention with an AE.  Kudos!
    panther
  • Options
    Oh snap!! I just got schooled by judge judy.
  • Options
    Well at least we can all agree that Judy is lame?
  • Options
    I wonder if that is Princess Toadstool redone.  Loser.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Why are all the trolls lately from Upstate New York? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:559a4dac-2421-45d9-9d3b-37ffaa4e7088">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are all the trolls lately from Upstate New York? 

I think someone wants us to think it's B.  But I'd give her more credit than that, tbh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:559a4dac-2421-45d9-9d3b-37ffaa4e7088">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are all the trolls lately from Upstate New York? 

OH SNAP... I wonder if they are all who I'm thinking of.

This got real fun, real fast.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:54a25447-2fbf-4f54-9400-8099c3e367e8">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : <strong><u>I think someone wants us to think it's B.</u></strong>  But I'd give her more credit than that, tbh.

I think so too
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pooping makes me happy.

(you're welcome)
    panther
  • Options
    Hey. Know what else makes me happy? New office supplies. Seriously. It's a good thing I'm not in charge of buying them for our office.
  • Options
    I'm late to this, but I can't resist adding to the puppy-fest:

Her dented ear cracks me up.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:54a25447-2fbf-4f54-9400-8099c3e367e8">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me what makes you happy : I think someone wants us to think it's B.  But I'd give her more credit than that, tbh.

That.

OOR when you type in the zip code 12345 it comes up as USNY.
  • Options
    I dig new office supplies too.  It makes my fucking day when I get a new reporters notebook or OMG NEW PENS.  New pens are the absolute best.  Whenever I get a new pen I can't help but sign my name on everything.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-me-what-makes-you-happy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:991320bd-97d9-4acb-8eae-c5b0554226abPost:dafe0708-cda0-445a-8249-13e0e22485b9">Re: Tell me what makes you happy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph, you said you wanted to stop arguing, yet there you are!  still arguing. You have been extra combative lately and it's getting old.  Nebb, even if Steph wasn't directing it at you, she's right. You've been quite the Debbie Effing Downer lately And Blue,  Just STFU.  I'm sick of this high and mighty vibe you are constantly giving off.  It's like you think you're better than everyone else all the time.  It's annoying.
    Posted by JudgeJudy13[/QUOTE]
    How dare you besmirch the name of Judge Judy with this AE bullshit.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards