Snarky Brides
Options

I want to share........

Re: I want to share........

• Options
    AATB, noooo!

I can't keep up with the rest of this thread lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:00e1d6a1-5f73-476a-b9ba-571d0955984d">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]What would a TTD motivational poster say?
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

My beauty, though but mean,
    Needs not the painted flourish of your praise:
    Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye,
    Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues
    ~Shakespeare

This is what is on the poster.
    Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:80ec2c27-c1cc-4e61-9673-830af7245f2d">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ : Wouldn't that hurt?  I know paintballs aren't bullets, but they're fired from a gun and they hit hard... 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah,  Lab would definitely be covered in welts for a few days after that TTD shoot.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Nice, Alli!

I'm really indifferent about TTD sessions. Sometimes the pictures look really artsy and cool. But when they're just completely TRASHED like painted, etc. I can't help but think that's selfish. If you don't care to keep your dress, donate it. There are a million organizations that could benefit from it rather than you AWing some photos for your FB friends.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just think it's weird, Lab.  Weird that it's in motivational poster style.  Weird that it's an ode to your own beauty.  Weird that you'd come back to the board you were totally, 100%, completely OVER and DONE with after you got married. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:3050ba9d-a4a6-4e77-8247-88bce104a450">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's just the strangeness of you creating a motivational poster out of your TTD pic and then posting it here without an explanation of 1. who was in the pic (because we don't exactly have a reference for what you look like) and 2. why you decided to use the motivational poster format.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Please refer to my above post.
  • Options
    Alli, you're cracking me up. The war zone wedding is appropriate.
  • Options
    That is my issue. It doesn't sound fun at all.

My cousin suggested hanging it from a tree and letting him shoot it then putting it on. 
  • Options
    Ditto OWN on all of that.  That's exactly why you're getting the WTF treatment here, OP.

MILF- If you think destroying your dress is selfish you'd hate to hear what happened to mine.

I dislike TTD shoots greatly.  They always make me wonder how attention-hungry the subject is.  I know I had more than enough pictures taken of me on my wedding day.  I really didn't need a whole other set taken.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Not sure what to make of the picture so I can;t really critique it. It is interesting. I also like the doc jumping one.

I do understand the leaving and coming back, thing though. I understand it well :)

I for one am nearly always glad to see another face around here, keeps life interesting at SB.

Care to share some more of your wedding pics? The ones you posted before you "left" were nice :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:2c50e572-cc44-4f8e-b1c3-de65b0283aae">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just think it's weird, Lab.  Weird that it's in motivational poster style.  Weird that it's an ode to your own beauty.  Weird that you'd come back to the board you were totally, 100%, completely OVER and DONE with after you got married. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

ok, so I am weird.  Now that, that is established lets move on.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:d5c6cb6c-c5b1-44e5-84b3-cf32b8a481f0">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ : My beauty, though but mean, Needs not the painted flourish of your praise: Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye, Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues ~Shakespeare This is what is on the poster.
    Posted by Labrnr[/QUOTE]

I realize that. Which is kinda weird to be honest. But I'm saying, if there was a TTD motivational poster--what would it say?

Like...

TTD: Because my day isn't over yet, bitches.
  • Options
    Paint, in general though, is a neat idea.

panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:3049a922-d6c3-42a5-bed3-4f82885d6abd">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ : Please refer to my above post.
    Posted by Labrnr[/QUOTE]

You are completely hopeless, aren't you?

I can see in one of your replies you explained, but you did not explain in your OP.  I'm explaining to you why you're getting the reaction you did to your OP, because you questioned it.  Are you following me now?
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:115a22bc-28b8-410a-8e4f-42666f66813e">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto OWN on all of that.  That's exactly why you're getting the WTF treatment here, OP. MILF- If you think destroying your dress is selfish you'd hate to hear what happened to mine. I dislike TTD shoots greatly.  They always make me wonder how attention-hungry the subject is.  I know I had more than enough pictures taken of me on my wedding day.  I really didn't need a whole other set taken.

I disagree.

I look at it as a way to get different and interesting shots of the wedding attire.  Shots that you wouldn't dare do on the actual day because you are too busy and don't want to wreck your dress that day.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:8bf3ec6d-109a-403e-9a90-554d44bc3faf">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ : I realize that. Which is kinda weird to be honest. But I'm saying, if there was a TTD motivational poster--what would it say? Like... <strong>TTD: Because my day isn't over yet, bitches.
    </strong>Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Win.  To me, that's what TTD sessions are all about.  I am really not a fan.

TTD seems AW-ish anyway, and to have one with a quote about your natural beauty is . . . well . . . extremely narcissistic. 
  • Options
    So you said you have had two TTD sessions already. And H wants to have another one involving paintball?

You need to move on, my friend. Move on.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, what OWN said.  It's a little "huh?" for you to kind just wander in when you were gone, forever, bye.

Having said that.  I like the dock one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:52a5bea6-d2eb-40f0-8e42-e4aa38fccc1b">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ : I disagree. I look at it as a way to get different and <strong>interesting shots of the wedding attire.</strong>  Shots that you wouldn't dare do on the actual day because you are too busy and don't want to wreck your dress that day.
    Posted by Labrnr[/QUOTE]

Yeah see, I just don't care about the clothing.  That's not what it was all about for me.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:115a22bc-28b8-410a-8e4f-42666f66813e">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto OWN on all of that.  That's exactly why you're getting the WTF treatment here, OP. <strong>MILF- If you think destroying your dress is selfish you'd hate to hear what happened to mine</strong>. I dislike TTD shoots greatly.  They always make me wonder how attention-hungry the subject is.  I know I had more than enough pictures taken of me on my wedding day.  I really didn't need a whole other set taken.

I'm tapping my fingers in anticipation, B.

I just don't get the complete DESTROYING of the dress.

OWN, don't try to bring logic in this thread. No place for logic here.
  • Options
    TTD: Because I couldn't wear it just once!

Another view on the issue at hand

7. Torosaurus may have been a species of Triceratops.

Recently, several dinosaur genera have been reinterpreted as different "growth stages" of existing dinosaurs. This appears to be the case with specimens of the two-horned ceratopsian Torosaurus, which some paleontologists argue are the remains of unusually long-lived Triceratops males whose frills continued to grow.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:8bf3ec6d-109a-403e-9a90-554d44bc3faf">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ : I realize that. Which is kinda weird to be honest. But I'm saying, if there was a TTD motivational poster--what would it say? Like... TTD: Because my day isn't over yet, bitches.

oh, I have no idea.  I am no professional, that is why I want opinions.

Thank you for the opinions I got so far.  like I said above, I wasn't going for a motivational poster, but I guess that is what it is?
  • Options
    OWN and I are completely on the same page here.  Everything she said up there, read it twice and pretend my name is next to it the second time.

I really don't understand how 2 TTD sessions are not enough and someone could possibly be considering a third.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    TTD = NMS.

How many artsy-fartsy wedding photos of myself can a girl possibly have?!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:69afe914-6f6d-4c9a-83ae-a060bdf52ef2">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ : oh, I have no idea.  I am no professional, that is why I want opinions. Thank you for the opinions I got so far.  like I said above, I wasn't going for a motivational poster, but I guess that is what it is?
    Posted by Labrnr[/QUOTE]

Honestly, yes. That's what it looks like. Maybe you could lose the frame.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:cffaf1e9-a5b9-4ba7-9030-9a96158d80eb">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ : You are completely hopeless, aren't you? I can see in one of your replies you explained, but you did not explain in your OP.  I'm explaining to you why you're getting the reaction you did to your OP, because you questioned it.  Are you following me now?

no, and I really don't care to.  I am not interested in reading why I should or shouldn't post a particular way. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:ff3e893e-2cf3-4185-875e-31186b9d49e9">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ :   I'm tapping my fingers in anticipation, B. I just don't get the complete DESTROYING of the dress. OWN, don't try to bring logic in this thread. No place for logic here.

I'm quite sure my dress is rotting away in a landfill somewhere.  I'm 98% positive my FIL threw it out.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    I tend to agree that TTD sessions are a bit weird. I had NO desire to put my wedding dress back on ever after the big day, and I think if the dress has not been eaten up by the day itself, it is nice to donate it. I donated mine because I got the idea from another Knottie and because I did not want to pay to clean and preserve it. My sister, however had an expensive dress that was beyond anything like that because it WAS trashed the day of the wedding. She had the wildest outdoor reception in the history of the state, but it was great fun.

Instead of TTD, I would prefer for "extra" pics, a pre-wedding photo shoot with the groom, known in some parts as the "revel". It breaks the "not seeing the bride" tradition, but it yields some amazing photos, I think.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aec174a1-3e6a-4fc3-9cc7-3f9e59b084c5Post:435ddd3d-28a0-411c-93de-88b3a85d28d6">Re: I want to share........</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want to share........ : I'm quite sure my dress is rotting away in a landfill somewhere.  I'm 98% positive my FIL threw it out.

Well, that sucks. But as long as you didn't splatter paint all over it and wave it in the face of an underprivileged girl who can't go to prom while you hysterically laugh, I will forgive you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards