Snarky Brides

You have grievances.

Let's hear them.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: You have grievances.

• Can they be life grievances or do you need knot grievances?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Knot grievances are better
  • edited December 2010
    I have a x-board grievance with that chick who just posted on E asking about how to tactfully indicate that her fiance's half-siblings aren't invited to the wedding, because they're having a no-kids wedding, and his half-sibs are all under the age of 10.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:04f5ea2c-a810-4782-8a3e-27e0549ca36c">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can they be life grievances or do you need knot grievances?
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

Knot grievances are way more fun, but I don't care if you post life grievances.  Then again, I couldn't really stop you even if I DID care ;)

• I flame Nebb for posting Walking Dead spoilers in threads other than Walking Dead related threads.  I don't open Walking Dead threads because I don't want to know what's going to happen.  Now I do :(

I also flame the others who encouraged this discussion in those threads.  Please keep spoilers to threads that have spoiler warnings on them.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Life grievance (warning gross!):

My neighbor (can't tell if it's next door, upstairs, downstairs) is always coughing up random crap in the morning.  I can hear him through the bathroom wall (or vent system).  He sucks stuff into his nose and then tries to cough it up.  It is all morning every morning.  It makes me want to vomit.
  • Cold weather, go away.

Christmas, please slow down.  You did NOT come this fast when I was a kid.  I need more time.

Knot greivance-  I saw an "It's YOUR day..." response yesterday.
    I reacted the same way as you would to a toddler reaching for a hot stove.
      "No.  NO.  Bad!" If I was an arm's reach from her, I would've smacked her hands.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oops, I jsut posted a huge life grievance while you posted this.  I suck.

My only grievances on SB are with 1 of these days, who suggested a truly gross dirty Santa idea.  I mean, going risque is one thing, but her idea was disgusting. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:d21d8dba-2b18-488a-b13f-b7f7fe4dd662">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops, I jsut posted a huge life grievance while you posted this.  I suck. My only grievances on SB are with 1 of these days, who suggested a truly gross dirty Santa idea.  I mean, going risque is one thing, but her idea was disgusting. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

DUDE.  I'm with you!  I mean, I did ask for raunchy gifts but... that... was pretty gross.  I didn't even know what to make of that suggestion.
    panther
  • B! Hi!

Cranberry that's so gross! That would drive me nuts.

I haven't been around enough lately to have Knot grievances. I've only opened good threads :-) I'll try to think back though. Therefore my life grievance is directed at the woman at work who is a "senior director" and therefore can schluff work off on everyone when she already has the smallest workload to begin with. Boo.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:dd237ef7-485c-44ea-9975-14e454b4b3b2">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cold weather, go away. Christmas, please slow down.  You did NOT come this fast when I was a kid.  I need more time. Knot greivance-  I saw an "It's YOUR day..." response yesterday. I reacted the same way as you would to a toddler reaching for a hot stove.   "No.  NO.  Bad!" If I was an arm's reach from her, I would've smacked her hands.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>On that note, I feel like I've seen more newbies lately who come in thinking that all brides have the same attitude towards weddings as they do.  I've seen a lot of responses where they're like 'It's not you'd let someone do that to you on <em>your</em> wedding day, right?"  And then someone responds and they're like, well yeah, actually I did.  It makes me think the whole world must assume every bride is just BSC.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:d21d8dba-2b18-488a-b13f-b7f7fe4dd662">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops, I jsut posted a huge life grievance while you posted this.  I suck. <strong>My only grievances on SB are with 1 of these days, who suggested a truly gross dirty Santa idea.  I mean, going risque is one thing, but her idea was disgusting. </strong>

Where on EARTH was this? Link or CN?

[QUOTE]Oops, I jsut posted a huge life grievance while you posted this.  I suck. My only grievances on SB are with 1 of these days, who suggested a truly gross dirty Santa idea.  I mean, going risque is one thing, but her idea was disgusting. 

I totally missed it! Was it in AATB's Christmas post thread?
    Photobucket
  • well now I wanna hear about the naughty santa...
    I'm pretty good on grievances for TK stuff. I have a life grievance that's TMI, but let's just leave it at I am angry at my internal parts. =)
  • Hi Pixie!  My grievance with you is that you're not around more :)
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:ab61963d-ce68-4739-9d80-9cd136bed8e2">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : Where on EARTH was this? Link or CN?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Yes, I must have missed this.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:84c01fb4-54f8-42db-b98b-9f85a9fb9b04">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Pixie!  My grievance with you is that you're not around more :)
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Haha I accept that grievance :-)
    Photobucket
  • I don't think I have any grievances. The lovefest thread turned my cold, black heart into a warm, glowing love machine.
  • Ok, was that gross because of the name, or because of her choice of paint brush?

It doesn't gross me out, but I have a pretty strong stomach.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:23911f6d-0272-421a-a989-4b7635aeb77c">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, was that gross because of the name, or because of her choice of paint brush? It doesn't gross me out, but I have a pretty strong stomach.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

...I don't think you finished reading :)
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:23911f6d-0272-421a-a989-4b7635aeb77c">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, was that gross because of the name, or because of her choice of paint brush? It doesn't gross me out, but I have a pretty strong stomach.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

Keep scrolling down.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:70c9f147-6a60-4376-adbc-094f07f86d85">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : DUDE.  I'm with you!  I mean, I did ask for raunchy gifts but... that... was pretty gross.  I didn't even know what to make of that suggestion.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

remember:  it;s always my fault.  i DID take the thread in that direction
  • Can I flame CNN for playing that youtube video where the ducks go tumbling because of the wind?  How the hell is that CNN worthy?
  • yeah keep scolling down lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I for real flame TK for being slower than molasses today, when I actually have time to be here. 
  • NuggetBrainNuggetBrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    OKAY.  So I "offically" moved out about a year and a half ago, and because our apartment was an apartment, I told my mom I was going to have to leave some of my stuff there, and that if she ever needed me to come get it to let me know and I'd figure something out.  Anyways, I went to my mom's house yesterday, and went into my old room and EVERYTHING WAS F*CKING GONE.  She cleared EVERYTHING out without calling me to tell me to come get anything that I didn't want thrown out or given away.  NOT ONLY THAT but she went through ALL MY STUFF with my grandma while "cleaning house".  And by "my stuff" I'm including certain...erm, items....that I DID NOT WANT MY GRANDMA TO SEE.  Like an edible thong someone bought for me as a joke on 21st birthday, and a shaky thing that I forgot I even had until my mom mentioned that my GRANDMA ASKED HER WHAT IT WAS.  Not to mention she threw out a doll my dad's dad (who is now dead) gave me when I was younger, and a bunch of poetry I've been saving since high school.  F*CK YOU MOM, I HATE YOU SO BAD RIGHT NOW.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• oh ew! I flame 1ofthosedays for that. DISGUSTING idea and not funny.. just awkward.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:cc35bb92-0738-4310-89a4-665248e4a87f">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Nebb for posting Walking Dead spoilers in threads other than Walking Dead related threads.  I don't open Walking Dead threads because I don't want to know what's going to happen.  Now I do :( I also flame the others who encouraged this discussion in those threads.  Please keep spoilers to threads that have spoiler warnings on them.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I forget that some of that stuff (even stuff from the comics themselves) isnt common knowledge. The show isnt overly surprising to me because of that and I dont think when I talk about it. Im sorry.
  • Damn, Nugget. That's horrible. I'm sorry, I would be enraged right now. Like, Incredible Hulk enraged.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards