Snarky Brides

You have grievances.

Re: You have grievances.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:3e8aa4be-023e-4ea5-8964-bcdd66a502e0">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not really going to say anything in my defense.  I know most of you don't get me and I don't get a lot of you... .so I guess that's it?  I'm probably not going anywhere, though, so maybe time will tell.
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be entirely bitchy right now but if you "don't get" a lot of us, then... why do you hang around?  I've posted on a few boards that I just gave up on because I just didn't get the vibe.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:241cb3e5-ea1c-45fe-958d-789a54f52678">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : Ok, I promise I'm not trying ot be a biitch, but what would make you want to stick around in a place where you don't "get" a lot of the posters and you feel like they don't get you either?  I'm curious.  There must be something you like...
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Why are you invading my thoughts and posting them faster than I can?
    panther
  • I don't know that I have a good reason for that.  I guess I like the general convo that's not wedding-related.
  • I disagree with some posts, but I stick around because I like the majority of the discussion.  I don't think it's possible to find a board that I agree with entirely, and I don't think I would like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:2857d30d-928b-41fd-bbcb-08066bf65372">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agree to disagree, I guess.  I found it really gross and a really stupid idea for a white elephant thing.  <strong>Like, someone opening a box of what looked like used tampons would suck all the fun out of the room immediately. </strong> Esp. in a room full of relatives on Christmas, people would just be grossed out and wonder who the hell would think that was funny.
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

ITA with this. I don't think it was a OMG you are going to hell! kind of bad idea, just a way to ruin the party bad idea.
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:52c7ae6a-1d65-4919-9b49-db20e871c1f8">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : I completely agree. It's an exercise in futility arguing with people like that and I don't understand how anyone has the energy or patience for it frankly. I also flame Mara a little for blaming her real estate woes on her realtor. Be an informed consumer and above all else, don't sign a contract unless you know exactly what your getting yourself into. It's not a realtor's job to interpret contract language for you. If you don't have a handle on it, hire an attorney to review it before signing it. It just creates extra stress when you realize you signed off on something that you didn't realize was included. Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with your situation, but don't blame the situation on your realtor, KWIM?
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

I explained this a little more to Bec the other night. I looked back through our contract and there was no set number of days or date regarding when our contingency expired, so how was I supposed to know when it happened? Getting a call the day it expired was aggravating. I'm not blaming our realtor for the fact that our house wasn't getting sold, but more that they aren't really doing their job. H asked her last night how many places she had advertised our house (magazines, rental mags, newspapers). She had advertised in one place in the 4 months we've had our house for sale. And that was for an open house. I just feel like if I weren't doing my job well, I'd be out of a job.

ETA: Also, it seems to me like they'd want to sell the house quickly, because that means more money for them and sooner.

ETAndplusalso: Sorry if this came across as bitchy. I understand why you'd flame me. This whole situation has me stressedthefuckout and making me only use half of my brain- the crazy half.
  • I'll jump on the I don't get MarissaClaire train. And agree about the not backing down when challenged. There's a time to just let it go and she tends to take it several posts past that point.

Nuggs, I'm so sorry! I would be both sad and horrified as well. :(

I mostly have IRL grievances right now. I'm irritated that one of my friends is being kind of douchey to my sister (we have mutual friends) about her birthday. We have a major deadline this week at work and I feel like my head is going to explode. My mom is stressed about Grandma and it's making her act slightly crazy so we feel like we need to be extra careful around her right now, which is hard when I've got my own issues to deal with. You know, life and stuff.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have a grievance with my CW who tried to tell me how to get out of jury duty.  Well, I don't want to get out of it - the courtroom fascinates me, and it's my civic duty to serve.  I don't mind serving, in fact I would like to be called more often.  So shut up with your stupid excuses; I'm not interested.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:8dfd82d7-ea76-4e77-8ca9-d172b0ee977f">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : I explained this a little more to Bec the other night. I looked back through our contract and there was no set number of days or date regarding when our contingency expired, so how was I supposed to know when it happened? Getting a call the day it expired was aggravating. I'm not blaming our realtor for the fact that our house wasn't getting sold, but more that they aren't really doing their job. H asked her last night how many places she had advertised our house (magazines, rental mags, newspapers). She had advertised in one place in the 4 months we've had our house for sale. And that was for an open house. I just feel like if I weren't doing my job well, I'd be out of a job. ETA: Also, it seems to me like they'd want to sell the house quickly, because that means more money for them and sooner.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Well I'm with you on not being happy about her marketing, that's pretty crappy. And if there's no number of days noted in the contract than the contingency really shouldn't expire, where did they come up with this magical date if it's not noted in the legally binding contract? You may wish to have an attorney review it, sounds like they may just be pulling out because they're tired of waiting in which case be sure to get back any good faith deposits you may have put down. The seller should have ensure there was a set timeline for the contingency in the contract if they didn't want it open ended.

I had to fire a realtor when we were house hunting, sometimes they just don't cut it.

ETA: Didn't come across at bitchy at all, just explaining your situation. Like I said in my first post, I sympathize, buying or selling a house is stressful, trying to do both? Double stress!

Photobucket
  • An IRL grievance with my cousin and her husband on FB. Both have cartoons as their profile pics and are doing that stupidass number thing. They are very close to a hide, maybe even delete.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:bd3073f8-679a-4389-876d-78fbd726d44b">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a grievance with my CW who tried to tell me how to get out of jury duty.  Well, I don't want to get out of it - the courtroom fascinates me, and it's my civic duty to serve.  I don't mind serving, in fact I would like to be called more often.  So shut up with your stupid excuses; I'm not interested.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

I love that you love jury duty too! Well, I guess I don't know if I love it - but I have been dying to be called for it. I think it sounds so interesting. Most people think I am crazy for that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:6bb2d5d0-058d-46f3-b9f8-66ae9c8ac7c9">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I disagree with some posts, but I stick around because I like the majority of the discussion.  I don't think it's possible to find a board that I agree with entirely, and I don't think I would like that.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

Well I disagree with a crapton of posts.  That, IMO, is totally different from not getting it and feeling like people don't get you.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • KCullen- We already signed the mutual agreement of release from purchase contract for the other house and should (hopefully) be getting our earnest money back soon. We also fired the realtors today. Just have to send back the mutual release from listing contract tomorrow.

I swear, we are going to live in our next house until we die because I don't want to have to sell a house again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:29dd2e5b-233b-4543-aaa5-d41249d33379">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]KCullen- We already signed the mutual agreement of release from purchase contract for the other house and should (hopefully) be getting our earnest money back soon. We also fired the realtors today. Just have to send back the mutual release from listing contract tomorrow. I swear, we are going to live in our next house until we die because I don't want to have to sell a house again.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

So you decided to wait?

• I just have a work grievance, but not one I can share because it would take forever to explain. Suffice it to say I'm worried it will all make me look bad in the long run due to others' mistakes and because no one will listen to me, thre's nothing I can do about it.

I can't wait to just go home and read my new book.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:29dd2e5b-233b-4543-aaa5-d41249d33379">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]KCullen- We already signed the mutual agreement of release from purchase contract for the other house and should (hopefully) be getting our earnest money back soon. We also fired the realtors today. Just have to send back the mutual release from listing contract tomorrow. <strong>I swear, we are going to live in our next house until we die because I don't want to have to sell a house again.
    </strong>Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Totally get you on the bolded part, and I want my next house NOT to be a fixer-upper thanks.

Hopefully you'll find a new realtor who actually works for you and can make the process less stressful on you guys. You know, one who will actually earn their comission. Good luck!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2010
    I have a work grievance too.

I emailed this PR firm today out of DC and asked them politely, "How do I get removed from your mailing list?"  I've unsubscribed I don't know how many times and yet, I still get all their emails.

This bitch writes back, "Click unsubscribe.  By the way, your liberal bias is showing."

WTF?  How does not wanting to receive multiple emails a day about events happening nowhere near where I work, nor have anything to do with where I live, liberally biased?  I'm just a journalist who has no use for your content and don't need you flooding my inbox.

Slore.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:b47152c3-380d-48c4-a0f2-26912fb4b225">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : Well I disagree with a crapton of posts.  That, IMO, is totally different from not getting it and feeling like people don't get you.

Yup.

To add to this: I think people 'not getting you' is completely different from you having a very strong and pretty well known view on things/personality/sense of humor that people understand, but just dont agree with.

There are girls on this board (myself included) who are kind of known for where they stand on certain things, but as long as it doesnt cross the line to arrogance or just being rude/mean, people respect that and agree to disagree. 

It doesnt mean they dont like you.

But when you do cross the line into those other things, people will call you out on it.  And that works for me.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I have an IRL grievance with my family. It's Christmas, why can't we all just get along? Seriously! It's one month of the year. Really, we only are all together for 1 DAY of that month.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:05ddf642-1195-4df5-82bc-b453e2a943f1">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : So you decided to wait?

We are getting a different realtor through another company (the guy who sold us our current house actually). As far as what will happen to the house we wanted, I'm not sure. I don't know how long they will wait before they start renting it out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:b47152c3-380d-48c4-a0f2-26912fb4b225">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : Well I disagree with a crapton of posts.  That, IMO, is totally different from not getting it and feeling like people don't get you.

But some times not getting people fascinates me. I want to know why they think they way they think, why they say what they say.
  • IRL grievance:  For some reasons my MIL seems to think we can't handle hosting Christmas.  I know she means well but every time she sends me an e-mail saying "Let's do this instead so it'll be easier on your guys..." or "I really think it's going to stress you guys out...."  I cringe and count to 10.  I may only have been married for two months by Christmas, but dammit I can cook a stupid turkey!

But considering this is my only MIL "issue" it's not all that bad.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have another grievance.

I think we should save the love fests for the day after AYG instead of the day before.  I think we did it right before a few weeks ago too and it made for a boring AYG since we were all still on the love train.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:ee9e0ecb-cd14-441e-8c4c-8eecd416eee5">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : But some times not getting people fascinates me. I want to know why they think they way they think, why they say what they say.
    Posted by mgmlove[/QUOTE]

I'm certainly not saying she should get the heck out (If I wanted to say that, I would have just said that).  I was just curious what her reasoning was for staying if she feels so misunderstood and doesn't get most of us either.  And the post you quoted was in response to someone else, anyway. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:9432937b-9d9e-4288-97b9-3d0f5f031ae2">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have another grievance. I think we should save the love fests for the day after AYG instead of the day before.  I think we did it right before a few weeks ago too and it made for a boring AYG since we were all still on the love train.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Meh, I wasn't even thinking about that.  I was just in a good mood yesterday and bored so I posted it.  I don't tend to plan my posts around what will be happening in the next couple days. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:0185fcb1-94de-4234-992d-69672fec3ea8">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : Meh, I wasn't even thinking about that.  I was just in a good mood yesterday and bored so I posted it.  I don't tend to plan my posts around what will be happening in the next couple days. 

No I get that.  It just kind of popped in my head cause I remembered the last time.  It was probably a premature grievance, and wasnt meant to be personally directed at you.

There really hasnt been much crazy on the board lately, so thats probably the real reason there is not much to flame.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:9432937b-9d9e-4288-97b9-3d0f5f031ae2">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have another grievance. I think we should save the love fests for the day after AYG instead of the day before.  I think we did it right before a few weeks ago too and it made for a boring AYG since we were all still on the love train.

I can get on board with that. Although, it wouldn't make a difference with me. I don't like to flame people, I'm a wimp.

I'm boring today because of the clusterfvck that is work.
  • AATB - That just infuriated me. I would call that place up and talk to her boss. That's an unbelievably ridiculous and unprofessional thing to say, whether it's deserved or not. She could use a lesson in PR, if you ask me.

Also, the only grievance I have with Marissa Claire is that she said she wasn't going to say anything in her defense but then said several things in her defense.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b30cc41a-1980-46dc-8bed-3016e5690c3bPost:e89dc6d8-b0a4-4fe5-af39-cdc8abd2222c">Re: You have grievances.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You have grievances. : No I get that.  It just kind of popped in my head cause I remembered the last time.  It was probably a premature grievance, and wasnt meant to be personally directed at you. There really hasnt been much crazy on the board lately, so thats probably the real reason there is not much to flame.

Sorry, I got defensive.  What you said makes sense for sure.  I do agree it's just been mostly boring around here.  Don't worry, the holiday engagements should change that. 

• I completely understand Mara's issues. When you're relatively new to the home buying/sellng game, it's really easy to choose a bad realtor and bad realtors are ripe for the picking.

I just have a IRL flame. My grandma sent us a newsletter addressed to Mr. and Mrs. H's full name and it was a newsletter about her cat. And it connected the cat to Baby Jesus.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards