Snarky Brides
Options

unpop ops

123457»

Re: unpop ops

• Options
    Mara, you're in Indy, right?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I think Walmart is a-okay. I actually bought a dress from there for 12 bucks and it's super cute.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:6eab94ec-3dd2-44c3-ae11-a6a1ddaf3dba">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb, I saved this picture last night for you: 99.99% sure you have pugs.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]
    i do have a pug!! but, cant view pics on my phone so i will look later.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    i worked in an artisan cheese shop for 3 days once and all i learned was that most cheeses taste like ass or dirty feet and that i only like "commercial" cheese. im ok with that because most cheeses are effing rank.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:0a8b84b9-86d3-4e1c-a4b9-f0ccefaf28e3">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mara, you're in Indy, right?
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]
    No, I'm in northeastern Indiana, Fort Wayne.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:0b5befe1-f777-4e63-956d-49e6ab5031bc">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : No, I'm in northeastern Indiana, Fort Wayne.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

And you are coming to see me right!

My popular opinion is I love your haircut.

My son would have starved growing up if it wasnt for Easymac. Poor child.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:0ff60645-c5d8-43f7-a50e-c7c24bc9600f">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : Amen.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I second this Amen and raise you a hallelujah.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:fcca462e-0395-455d-9e6a-9ab889e80acc">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : Yay! I knew I wasn't the only one. And I've noticed that the longer I live in the city, the more I detest it and desperately want to move back out to the country where my neighbors are at least a mile from me. It's a combination of things, but the thing I hate most about this city? The drivers. I swear to you all, they are worse than in NY, Chicago or LA. Promise.

I lived right next to downtown here for years and HATED it. I am not a city girl. Now I live in the boonies and live for dirt lol. I have my lifted truck with big ol muddy tires. I rage so hard when going to town now though. City drives drive me mad. Example.. a few days ago I was driving in town and my truck almost ate a honda. This guy whips out in front of me forcing me to slam on my breaks just to slam on his breaks not 1 mile up and turn without using his blinker with me still behind him. *sigh*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:fcca462e-0395-455d-9e6a-9ab889e80acc">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : Yay! I knew I wasn't the only one. And I've noticed that the longer I live in the city, the more I detest it and desperately want to move back out to the country where my neighbors are at least a mile from me. It's a combination of things, but the thing I hate most about this city? The drivers. I swear to you all, they are worse than in NY, Chicago or <strong>LA</strong>. Promise.

Oh I hate the drive through there on my way to SC! Driving through there makes me want to strangle people.
  • Options
    Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I know you guys are past music and on to mac n cheese but I have to say that some of the music I hear is extremely inappropriate. I heard Rihanna's song on The Today show this morning about S&M sex and I was disgusted. Call me a prude but I don't think people should be singing about sex and it be so mainstream and accepted on morning or afternoon television. My kid loves to watch that show but I have to turn it off if they have the artist that sing like that. I don't think obvious sexual lyrics belong in music that everyone might hear. I heard a song in a store once and had to leave because I didn't want my child hearing the words.

On that note, I am having Feta baked mac n cheese on my comfort food station at the wedding and I'm super psyched about it.

ETA: I should clarify that I am not disgusted by S&M Sex by any means, but more so by the way it is so nonchalantly in the music industry and becoming more popular. I am even more disgusted by parents that allow their kids to listen to that kind of stuff.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

I don't care about Oprah ending her show either.

I love mac and cheese--probably too much.

I'm "meh" about hockey.  My team is the Canucks, and still "meh".  That makes me a bad Canadian, pretty sure about that.

• Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2011
    KD- Yes I will come visit you. Just give me the deets on that day.

Undying- I so know what you mean about the raging. This morning I was sitting at a red light, while the left turn lane had the green light. Three left-turning cars went through the red light, then the light turned green for the straight lanes and out of nowhere, some asshole comes whipping through the intersection to make a left turn and has the gall to flip off the people who were driving in the straight lane, even though they had the green light. And that's not the first time I've seen that happen. It's a pretty regular thing.

ETA: Thank you, KD. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:15104bc9-1b2d-4dbf-b938-d5c8d453f6bf">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]KD- Yes I will come visit you. Just give me the deets on that day. Undying- I so know what you mean about the raging. This morning I was sitting at a red light, while the left turn lane had the green light. Three left-turning cars went through the red light, then the light turned green for the straight lanes and out of nowhere, some asshole comes whipping through the intersection to make a left turn and has the gall to flip off the people who were driving in the straight lane, even though they had the green light.<strong> And that's not the first time I've seen that happen. It's a pretty regular thing.</strong> ETA: Thank you, KD. :)

Ya that's a pretty regular thing here too. Even with the cameras they have up.
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:af84d674-bd85-45ef-9ee2-466edd5bd4ad">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know you guys are past music and on to mac n cheese but I have to say that some of the music I hear is extremely inappropriate. I heard Rihanna's song on The Today show this morning about S&M sex and I was disgusted. Call me a prude but I don't think people should be singing about sex and it be so mainstream and accepted on morning or afternoon television. My kid loves to watch that show but I have to turn it off if they have the artist that sing like that. I don't think obvious sexual lyrics belong in music that everyone might hear. I heard a song in a store once and had to leave because I didn't want my child hearing the words. On that note, I am having Feta baked mac n cheese on my comfort food station at the wedding and I'm super psyched about it. ETA: I should clarify that I am not disgusted by S&M Sex by any means, but more so by the way it is so nonchalantly in the music industry and becoming more popular. I am even more disgusted by parents that allow their kids to listen to that kind of stuff.
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

I love that song, it's catchy as shiit. And I think that's how it should be addressed, if you don't like it, change the channel, leave the store, turn of the radio. I don't think there's an issue with her putting a song out there like that, it's her prerogative as a recording artist. The Today Show having her perform it at 8am or whenever is a bit questionable, but so long as she's not saying any of the words the FCC deems unacceptable or having a wardrobe malfunction, it's technically ok.

Photobucket
  • Options
    I have no issue with music lyrics.  FFS, I am in love with a song right now that's called "My Diick."

*HEY, TK: What if someone's FI/H's name is Dickk?!?!?!*
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:84e5c517-25e8-45ca-9333-ef8ae211a7fd">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have no issue with music lyrics.  FFS, I am in love with a song right now that's called "My Diick." *HEY, TK: What if someone's FI/H's name is Dickk?!?!?!*
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

I listen to a lot of lonely Island and Bloodhound Gang so lyric issues is pretty much out for me. I personally like S&M but I don't play it when the boys are around or I turn it down when it comes on the radio and they are in the car.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-ops?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bdecc144-de00-4112-a51b-c140fc5a380dPost:64c3178f-624b-4e45-a84e-357fbda0963e">Re: unpop ops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: unpop ops : I totally agree. Those drivers are just slowing it up since everyone else is waiting it out. People who cut in (and those that let them) are just making it worse.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm only this far, but I have to disagree. I'm one of those cars that drives until the lane ends.  Why WOULD you merge 1/2 mile before the lane ends? That just backs up traffic even worse. MNDOT has active messaging encouraging people to "use all lanes."</div><div>
    Now, I'm not talking about riding the shoulder and cutting people off or anything.  Just using the ending lane until the end.</div>
  • Options
    I think it's stupid to not use the entire merge lane if it is there. Don't be a diick about it, but it aggravates me when cars stop at the very beginning of a ramp to merge instead of moving up, since it backs up traffic further on.

I don't think our teens are as self entitled as we think they are, or at least, moreso than any other generation at that age (barring maybe our grandparents). I see much more self entitlement in the 25-40 year olds that I work with than the teens at the school.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards