Snarky Brides
Options

WDYT regarding children on a plane

12346»

Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wdyt-regarding-children-on-a-plane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d020c462-dc83-488e-b175-70670687ee4aPost:7930a8b3-ccfc-43d7-819d-69b095622ba3">Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane</a>:
    [QUOTE]How does bringing a pet on the plane work?  You've had the dog in the airport for 1.5-2 hours and then on a plane for however long.  And then the ones that stay in their crates for long flights, do they just go in their crate?  That kinda sucks if so.  
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

H and I just got back from a roadtrip to Florida to see my parents.  On the way down my dog peed and pooped once.  On the way home she didn't use the bathroom at all.  We drove straight through so it took us about 17 hours both ways.  That is a long a$$ time to hold your pee.  I guess since it was unfamiliar territory she just wasn't comfortable going (she is weird like that).

But I think that people shouldn't travel on planes with their pets.  I just don't think it is safe for them and it is most likely a very traumatic experience.  They have kennels and dog sitters for a reason.  Kids, in my opinion, are different.  Yes you can leave them with a sitter, but depending on the age, that may not be appropriate.  Do crying and badly behaving kids annoy the crap out of me?  Yes.  But do I blame the kids? No.  I blame the parents who, 95% of the time, could careless that their kid is being bad or is crying.  Now for the parents who are trying everything in their power to not be "that parent" then all I feel for them is sympathy and thanking my lucky stars that I don't have to deal with that stress.

• Options
    I think most people who bring th eanimals on the plane give them something to knock them out. I read that somewhere, I think.
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wdyt-regarding-children-on-a-plane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d020c462-dc83-488e-b175-70670687ee4aPost:953a6eed-6c43-4e8e-9847-9727d94ef0da">Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane</a>:
    [QUOTE]But I think that people shouldn't travel on planes with their pets.  I just don't think it is safe for them and it is most likely a very traumatic experience. 
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

I moved cross country and flew with my cat. He was given a mild sedative by his vet and slept in his carrier under the seat in front of me the whole time. Nothing traumatic about it.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    **WARNING THREAD JACK** but just to say one thing.

Nates....you look so hottie-pa-tottie in your new sig pic.  I think I am developing a girl crush on you! You look positivly RADIANT in that photo.

That is all.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wdyt-regarding-children-on-a-plane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d020c462-dc83-488e-b175-70670687ee4aPost:4b714e2e-9132-4e9c-aa4e-8415cfc0bd6a">Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane</a>:
    [QUOTE]My uncle takes his dog everywhere.  She's a 12 year old yellow lab with a service dog jacket.  She is not a service dog.  Yep.  She's flown first class God only knows how many times.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I have this pic in my head of your uncle's dog sitting in the seat next to him, panting and looking around, LOL!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wdyt-regarding-children-on-a-plane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d020c462-dc83-488e-b175-70670687ee4aPost:3dadb86c-d68c-4eca-93be-d2b2ce9e0e53">Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane</a>:
    [QUOTE]**WARNING THREAD JACK** but just to say one thing. Nates....you look so hottie-pa-tottie in your new sig pic.  I think I am developing a girl crush on you! You look positivly RADIANT in that photo. That is all.
    Posted by BubbsNBubbs[/QUOTE]
    Well thank you! This was a nice surprise :)  I think I've seen your SN around here from time to time, right?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wdyt-regarding-children-on-a-plane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d020c462-dc83-488e-b175-70670687ee4aPost:e802279e-c380-4dff-8987-8e09e0b15631">Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane : I moved cross country and flew with my cat. He was given a mild sedative by his vet and slept in his carrier under the seat in front of me the whole time. Nothing traumatic about it.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Hmm, then I think a doctor should be at each gate of an airport to administer sedatives to each and every passenger.  This way no one will get annoyed at anyone else and you will get a nice nap.

• Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to Re:WDYT regarding children on a plane:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane:In Response to Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane : I moved cross country and flew with my cat. He was given a mild sedative by his vet and slept in his carrier under the seat in front of me the whole time. Nothing traumatic about it.Posted by salt78Hmm, then I think a doctor should be at each gate of an airport to administer sedatives to each and every passenger.nbsp; This way no one will get annoyed at anyone else and you will get a nice nap. Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

This is why I drink wine when I fly.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wdyt-regarding-children-on-a-plane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d020c462-dc83-488e-b175-70670687ee4aPost:910a57b3-31b5-450d-990e-a753d7d7b00c">Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane : Well thank you! This was a nice surprise :)  I think I've seen your SN around here from time to time, right?
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Yes, I post periodically. :) Not as much as I would like....work time and they expect me to work....jerks! ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wdyt-regarding-children-on-a-plane?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d020c462-dc83-488e-b175-70670687ee4aPost:6b1975d5-e509-41c3-9271-477281afa4ae">Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WDYT regarding children on a plane : Hmm, then I think a doctor should be at each gate of an airport to administer sedatives to each and every passenger.  This way no one will get annoyed at anyone else and you will get a nice nap.
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

They did that in the movie "The Fifth Element" - all the passengers were knocked out for the flight, and woke up when they arrived.  I think that would solve alot of travel issues.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Work blows. Well, my summer job lets me post all day, but other than that, work blows.
  • Options
    Omg.  Baby Salt.  *swoon*
    panther
  • Options
    I get way more annoyed by loud, seat-kicking, climbing around grade school kids and pre-teens.  They have the ability to control themselves (assuming they're developmentally normal) and should be trained in basic manners at this point in their lives.

Little-bitties can't really help acting up a bit as they have no impulse control to speak of and can't understand why they're trapped in a strange, loud, over-stimulating place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards