Snarky Brides
Options

Air your Grievances!

Re: Air your Grievances!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:33a621f9-fa01-4ead-8757-474fd5a01ead">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : You could, but it seems as though she's not the one who wants the maypole, her FI is.  In fact, she states she does not want the Maypole.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

Ah true. Although I got the idea somehow that it was the costs involved that made her not want a maypole, not the actual idea of it LOL. For some reason I instantly thought of a greased pole that people have to climb, like they have at Ren fairs and stuff...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:a268e48b-6103-4416-ab19-a4ca11e99841">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame this troll. So lame. <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_unlimited-budget" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_unlimited-budget</a>
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you, Belle :)

AATB, I'm super glad you got your dress and everything seems to have worked out in your favor, but really, girl?  For all the freaking out you were doing here I was really surprised to find out how little contact you had with the store throughout the process, and how little effort you seemed to be putting in overall to get it.  I had a distinct feeling from all of your posts that you were sticking your head in the sand and just hoping it all worked out for the best.  Again, I'm really glad it did all work out, I was just a bit surprised.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Also, I thought it was weird people got annoyed on E at Calypso for posting about MA politics. I am pretty sure most regs there know there are a crapton of Boston/MA posters on the E board. It is not a big deal or anything, but it turned up my crank a bit to see that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:c14bb4ee-d6e0-42fb-9fe8-92f7ade1986d">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Exactly. And I remember the whole story that was told in the original OP, in uncomfortable detail, about this poor girl's family history and the events of her suicide attempt. But I couldn't quote or share it to prove people wrong because it would have defeated the purpose, you know? That's why reading the thread before responding is always a good idea.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. I wanted to say, "Well, we know all about this student's family life, parental details, and the circumstances of her suicide attempt, as well as what grade she's likely in and can probably figure out what school she goes to." And she's a <em>minor</em>. But obviously we can't GIVE those details because we don't want to be MissCourtney...
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Can I just say that as hard as I am trying not to get annoyed by Mica(sb one).  Her posts lately have irritated me.  I dont know why or have any specific examples, but I find myself seeing her name and rolling my eyes.

But she is trying I guess and will probably figure it out.

Now the other Mica is another story.......
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Eye to eye, Mery.

And Meg, random but you are now officially from Connecticut! Wow, didn't notice that until just now.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:c3ed15a4-2ef8-464a-a051-93f253307e4e">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you, Belle :) AATB, I'm super glad you got your dress and everything seems to have worked out in your favor, but really, girl?  For all the freaking out you were doing here I was really surprised to find out how little contact you had with the store throughout the process, and how little effort you seemed to be putting in overall to get it.  I had a distinct feeling from all of your posts that you were sticking your head in the sand and just hoping it all worked out for the best.  Again, I'm really glad it did all work out, I was just a bit surprised.

Thanks - truthfully, I'm surprised too.  I'm normally not like that but for some reason when it came to really confronting them, I clammed up and wanted to cry.  It was shitty.  But I fully accept this err, flame?  I've been told on here that I need a bigger set of balls, and that's completely true.
    panther
  • Options
    Speaking of Calypso, I flame her for making me cringe at her every post.
  • Options
    I have one.

Playtnt*** rubs me the wrong way big time. She went all BSC like a year ago and then comes back around like nothing happened (unless I missed an apology or something). And it just seems like every time she posts that everything is doom & gloom and woe is me. I get the impression she wants people to feel sorry for her. All. The. Time.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I feel like telling Unlimited Budget girl that rich people don't get rich by having unlimited wedding budgets. Even if your budget is $1 million, it's still a budget. And if it IS $1 million, you certainly don't need people with 4 or 5 figure weddings telling you how to spend it. Plus, unlimited budget doesn't mean you don't even try to get deals or negotiate.

We've had that dicussion round these parts before. I think most of us COULD spend $100-$200k on a wedding if we were forced to. ;-) But it would be hard to fathom spending more than that. However, people who routinely have those kind of parties (like on My Super Sweet Sixteen) know who to go to and how to do it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:e9fb0af0-0cc7-49c1-8352-f6e658baf456">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I just say that as hard as I am trying not to get annoyed by Mica(sb one).  Her posts lately have irritated me.  I dont know why or have any specific examples, but I find myself seeing her name and rolling my eyes. But she is trying I guess and will probably figure it out. Now the other Mica is another story.......
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't know what it is either. I am instantly irritated by pretty much everything she writes. I just figured it will pass eventually.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:523cf84f-fc7f-4199-a1be-5f18df03b7d5">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eye to eye, Mery. And Meg, random but you are now officially from Connecticut! Wow, didn't notice that until just now.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

I KNOW! Sad sad day. Thenest asked me to update my info so I did, not thinking how I would lose my Boston location awwwwwwww.

And yeah, Belle, not too many people are Calypso fans so maybe that's why they jumped on her.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:0f73bba2-b9b7-4691-882a-facd129b043c">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like telling Unlimited Budget girl that rich people don't get rich by having unlimited wedding budgets. Even if your budget is $1 million, it's still a budget. And if it IS $1 million, you certainly don't need people with 4 or 5 figure weddings telling you how to spend it. Plus, unlimited budget doesn't mean you don't even try to get deals or negotiate. We've had that dicussion round these parts before. <strong>I think most of us COULD spend $100-$200k on a wedding</strong> if we were forced to. ;-) But it would be hard to fathom spending more than that. However, people who routinely have those kind of parties (like on My Super Sweet Sixteen) know who to go to and how to do it.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Haha - I would have to have a gun to my head.  It makes me a little sick when I see those on TV.  The whole overdone wedding is kind of tacky, IMO.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:04ddee5a-4a7b-4a51-b92d-01336910d2d7">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We should tack M&R from CC ( dog thread ) up there next to MISSCOURTNEY, LC.  That was a whole long thread of ridiculousness.
    Yeah I saw that one too and cringed through about half of it. And felt sorry for her poor dog the whole time.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    This is kind of a general grievance, but it upsets me that people think that just because you tell someone how it is, you have to be bitchy or mean about it.  I can tell someone my opinion or even call them out without being nasty.  I don't have to sugarcoat things and I don't have to be a huge biitch.  Nor does it mean I hate that person.  They did one thing or even a couple things (or hell, even a pattern of doing a certain thing a certain way) that rubs me the wrong way, doesn't mean I hate them and want them to go away.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:0f73bba2-b9b7-4691-882a-facd129b043c">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like telling Unlimited Budget girl that rich people don't get rich by having unlimited wedding budgets. Even if your budget is $1 million, it's still a budget. And if it IS $1 million, you certainly don't need people with 4 or 5 figure weddings telling you how to spend it. Plus, unlimited budget doesn't mean you don't even try to get deals or negotiate. We've had that dicussion round these parts before. I think most of us COULD spend $100-$200k on a wedding if we were forced to. ;-) But it would be hard to fathom spending more than that. <strong>However, people who routinely have those kind of parties (like on My Super Sweet Sixteen) know who to go to and how to do it.
    </strong>Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Exactly...which is what gave away the troll status.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:e9fb0af0-0cc7-49c1-8352-f6e658baf456">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can I just say that as hard as I am trying not to get annoyed by Mica(sb one).  Her posts lately have irritated me.  I dont know why or have any specific examples, but I find myself seeing her name and rolling my eyes. But she is trying I guess and will probably figure it out. Now the other Mica is another story.......
    I still maintain the SB Mica is one we flamed pretty heavily here a while back.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I think I know what you mean. I know she got some flak/support in the MC thread for her harshness, but I felt as though it was turned up to that degree to stand out and be "cool." Like, we get it, MC was wrong, but she was also at the end of the other MC thread saying "OMG did you see her new thread?" It's just a little... much. I think there's a difference between speaking out on your own opinions, and just amplifying what others are saying to fit in. Reminds me of that texagj chick on E.

And I feel bad saying this about Mica, because she seems like a sweet person and I know she wants to be a part of the board and is trying to get to know everyone. I just feel like there's a better way to do that than to ally with the flaming all the time.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:c227fa47-0a68-4692-93cf-48e2c37db3d4">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is kind of a general grievance, but it upsets me that people think that just because you tell someone how it is, you have to be bitchy or mean about it.  I can tell someone my opinion or even call them out without being nasty.  I don't have to sugarcoat things and I don't have to be a huge biitch.  Nor does it mean I hate that person.  They did one thing or even a couple things (or hell, even a pattern of doing a certain thing a certain way) that rubs me the wrong way, doesn't mean I hate them and want them to go away.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<3 you. And that's not sugarcoating. ;)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:f05aa999-7847-4e7f-a91b-8adf73769605">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And for the love of blueberry pancakes:
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

This is my new favorite phrase

I don't have any grievances.  I like you all in equal but different ways.
  • Options
    I'm doin' it wrong, but I love that Celles said "for the love of blueberry pancakes" and successfully used "actor-observer bias" in a flame.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:6e08a779-4064-4007-b54d-6eb2820ae7d0">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Haha - I would have to have a gun to my head.  It makes me a little sick when I see those on TV.  The whole overdone wedding is kind of tacky, IMO.
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, I mean theoretically - like if someone was going to give it to you but with the stipulation you could ONLY use it for a wedding. If I had a quarter mil in savings, there's no way I'd use it all on a wedding. I think most people have said, "Oh, I'd rent out a hotel and pay for everyone's airfare, accomodations, transportation, meals for the weekend" stuff like that.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:6e08a779-4064-4007-b54d-6eb2820ae7d0">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Haha - I would have to have a gun to my head.  It makes me a little sick when I see those on TV.  The whole overdone wedding is kind of tacky, IMO.
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

See I disagree.  Just because you spent alot on your wedding doesnt mean it is automatically overdone or tacky.

You dont have to be some spoiled little rich girl or Donald Trumps kid to end up spending 100K on your wedding.

But I do agree that alot of the ones on TV are a little extreme sometimes.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:f7d7e32c-a843-43e4-a60b-aa9a4ff8ba1c">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : This is my new favorite phrase <strong>I don't have any grievances.  I like you all in equal but different ways.</strong>
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

I call bullshit.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:e9fb0af0-0cc7-49c1-8352-f6e658baf456">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:

Same here. Her posts get on my nerves for some reason, and I've yet to figure out why.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:edb890ab-3d6e-483f-8d43-0f431f867c1a">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Yeah. I am at a loss why so many posters on this board don't understand that. And, I do have to defend Play a bit. I know she has been the center of a lot of drama, but I also know she truly has had it rough :(
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure I missed an apology or something, but please tell me you see the "woe is me" stuff all of the time too. I know this isn't just in my head.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:558117b4-143b-4e71-b13e-0fc161c2145d">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Well, yeah, I mean theoretically - like if someone was going to give it to you but with the stipulation you could ONLY use it for a wedding. If I had a quarter mil in savings, there's no way I'd use it all on a wedding. I think most people have said, "Oh, I'd rent out a hotel and pay for everyone's airfare, accomodations, transportation, meals for the weekend" stuff like that.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I know you meant theoretically.... I was just saying I could never see myself spending insane amounts of money for that one day.  

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:f05aa999-7847-4e7f-a91b-8adf73769605">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I realized when I saw Anysunrise's post count shoot ahead of mine that I've been lurking more than I've been posting lately.  I'm still here every day.  I'm just frustrated with a few people -- to the point that I think I delete more comments than I post these days. Here's a couple I've been saving: I don't like how kcullen turned a <strong>thread about IVF on the Catholic Weddings</strong> board into a soapbox for same-sex marriage.  I have issues of my own with the Catholic Church (so much so that FI accuses me of being an anti-theist rather than an atheist), but even I felt it was unfair to assume that an entire group of women who opposed IVF and abortion were also homophobes.  I realize that the Catholic Church condemns same-sex marriage so it isn't exactly a stretch to assume that many of its followers do as well.  Still, in the context of that particular debate, I didn't think kcullen's threadjack was entirely fair or appropriate.  I'm also irritated with her comments in Anysunrise's "Ask me anything..." thread about adults reading children's books.  She was condescending and fairly ridiculous, and I'm surprised it took as long as it did for people to call her on it.  Also, Cupcakesfrosting: If you're going to flame someone for "doin' it wrong," please make sure they're actually doing it wrong.  Otherwise you look like a moron.  And for the love of blueberry pancakes: if you suddenly realize that it was your mistake all along, apologize.  The fact that I understand actor-observer bias ("If you make a mistake, it's because you suck; if I make a mistake, it's an anomaly due to circumstances beyond my control") doesn't make seeing it any less annoying.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    Honestly, I was annoyed with almost every person from SB who participated in that thread, and it's not because I disagree with them. In fact, I agree wholeheartedly. But I also understand people's longheld, deepseated beliefs about what they think is right and what God likes and so forth. It's pretty useless to go tell a bunch of devout Catholics that they're wrong about IVF and same sex marriage. Did anyone really think they were going to make some huge life altering change in any of the posters that were spewing ridiculousness? I'm not saying being Catholic makes you ridiculous, please don't misunderstand. My point is, I think it was really pointless to invade that board. It would have been a comletely different situation if that post had been posted on this board.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:44b8edbd-b641-4b89-a7b6-93b8188452c2">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is also a general grievance but based loosely on the recent MC events and others as well. I think it's kind of dumb for people to get all up in arms when they get ripped for posting crap that they shouldn't post about.  For instance, people that only post negative things about their SO probably shouldn't get upset when people say "Hey your SO sounds like an asshat."  My FI does stupid things or things that piss me off, but I don't post about it, because it's none of the internet's business, and I don't want people turning around and saying "Wow, he's a jerk!"   And, lo and behold, people do not run around calling my FI a jerk.  It's really an amazing common sensical thing, and I'm continuously shocked when people are shocked about the things that are said based on information that THEY themselves give.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

This, so much. Though I suppose where it runs into trouble is when people claim they have no idea their issue is inflammatory or wrong (see: MISSCOURTNEY), which always makes me wonder if that is actually possible. Also, some boards are validation central, so sometimes knowing it's a bad idea doesn't deter people from bringing it here and then being butthurt when it doesn't go over well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards