Snarky Brides
Options

Air your Grievances!

Re: Air your Grievances!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:0f359679-4679-474e-9abc-bf6c35881d58">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Most teens do this without the assistance of a book telling them too. At least it might make them feel normal in their crazy hormonal-ness. Now the boyfriend biting neck thing is taking it a bit too far.
    Posted by Belle2Be[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, and I definitely did this. His name was David and he was really bad news. I'm glad I didn't have Twilight around to make me even more emo.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Kcullen, something else you missed on the responses to the HP thread was the intricate knowledge of world mythology and obscure allusions that JK Rowling put into her books. Adults love them because there's a LOT under the surface. I don't think most kids would know that the rival wizarding school "Durmstrang" is a reference to the Sturm and Drang movement in 18th century Germany, for example. And I don't see why my intelligence can be questioned because I read a book that alludes to that kind of stuff.

It's not your cup of tea. Fine. Just say THAT. Fantasy isn't usually my thing, either, except for HP and the Song of Ice and Fire series.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:035043af-be35-4397-a89e-f8d2f1579c7a">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Wow the IVF thing was a WHILE ago.  And I was talking about IVF in that thread thanks, and how some people might HAVE to use it, and how some people would HAVE to use a sperm donor. Sorry if you felt it was out of place but I know many others felt it wasn't. <strong>And I'm sorry I talked about gay people in it, but um I'm gay so I was talking about myself. I can't really discuss me and FI and get around that subject.</strong> As for the Childrens' books comments, I didn't see anyone call me on it, I don't recheck threads500 times a day, and if someone had an issue with it, sorry, it's how I feel.  I consider them children's/adolescent literature not to mention big gross cash cows.
    Posted by kcullen37[/QUOTE]

I feel like there's an accusation here, but I don't want to jump to conclusions and start something unnecessarily.  Are you insinuating that I have an issue with gay people because I criticized your approach to an issue (not the issue itself, which -- for the record -- we agree on) in one thread?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:07937f90-9c96-4c6c-b732-9324b1cc7937">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cullen- The other day you said "I'm so sick of this crazy "Christians" and their irrational hatred of homosexuals. I know they're just internalizing their inability to accept their own same sex attractions and therefore lashing out at those of us who can, but really, grow the hell up or shut the fuuck up." in regards to the gay-bashing school board guy ( link for anyone who's interested ).  I feel like I should set you straight on this. 1.  <strong>Not all Christians are crazy, nor are they all homophobes.</strong> 2.  There are plenty of non-Christian homophobes in this world. 3.  Not all homophobes are closet homosexuals who are just frustrated.  There are plenty of irrational reasons to hate someone without secretly wanting to be that person.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]
    1. Agreed which is why I put "Christians" in quotes as I wasn't refering to the whole lot. 2. Agreed again, I ranting in relation to this man who is "Christian" 3. also true, but there's been scientific studies in which they showed homophobic men getting arroused when show risky images of other men.

I was really cranky that day, so my apologies for the rant.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:e5534573-1e77-4ad3-a59f-cc9274f8614f">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Oh I know, and I definitely did this. His name was David and he was really bad news. I'm glad I didn't have Twilight around to make me even more emo.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

LOL Mine was Josh. He was a drummer. Not bad news, but not remotely interested haha. I actually really like the Twilight books, but I'm not a impressionable teen either, so it's hard to say.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:9971aae4-59d6-4a89-9b83-5f93a56c1a3a">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : My sarcasm did not come across. I'm not taking it personally. *runs to store to buy issue of cosmo*
    Your sarcasm font looked a lot to me like a defensive butt-hurtness font. But yes, reading the Cosmo will definitely put things in perspective :)
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:03358d93-1c3f-4a10-9981-de0c071f472d">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : she's Mormon, and has stated a few times that her beliefs inform the way she writes the behaviour of the characters in her books
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

Oy. Does her particular brand of Mormon include a little crazy? And I'm surprised that she would use her religion--I'm pretty sure some of the stuff that happens in these books don't coincide with Mormon beliefs.
  • Options
    I think we should talk about pitbulls.

Or just dogs in general.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:c4af28dc-4707-4dcb-a1b3-a4684af17b11">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I read, its only Dexter books and trashy romance novels. I read for pure enjoyment of hearing a story. I guess that makes me an idiot. Go figure.   I don't like HP or Twilight, but I don't judge people who do. Taste in literature and art is a very personal thing. kcullen, the judginess is what is being called out, not your opinion on the books. And if the merch gets kids to read, so be it. I remember having a Sweet Valley High Trapper Keeper, and a Babysitters Club backpack. Both were book series that I really enjoyed and having the merch only reinforced it and made me more excited about reading more. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I LOVED the Babysitter's Club books, both series. I read Sweet Valley too, but primarily Babysitter's Club. I always wanted to be Kristi, but connected more with Mary Anne.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:9f297464-8892-4eda-bc28-c85876a85c90">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : I feel like there's an accusation here, but I don't want to jump to conclusions and start something unnecessarily.  Are you insinuating that I have an issue with gay people because I criticized your approach to an issue (not the issue itself, which -- for the record -- we agree on) in one thread?
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Not at all, just explaining why I mentioned gay people in that thread. I dont' know how you feel about us, I haven't seen anything to give me the impression you have an issue with me because of that part of me. So thanks for asking before making that assumption. Sorry if my post was unclear, I'm now juggling flames.

That would be sweet if I could do that literally, while on a unicycle.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:d946e9bb-495c-49a4-bd11-8561e6bbbdf6">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I accept any and all flames and I understand why I'm getting flamed. In hindsight, I made a severe lapse in judgment and at some point I started getting defensive because, well, I don't know, I was just being generally grouchy and dumb. I'm sorry I kept going on and on, and what MC was absolutely inappropriate. And I would probably support anyone who anonymously (or not) reported her to her principal.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

See, this is the Mara I "know" and like. To me you have always been a down-to-earth, intelligent and funny poster and yesterday's MC threads just seemed so out of character for you. (Of course this is all based on what I know of you from an internet forum etc etc etc)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:c25fd490-ec46-417b-9149-c70a19d492a2">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Haha. I actually did like the Da Vinci Code.<strong> I was extremely disappointed by the movie, though.</strong> I haven't not read any of his other books, so I can't comment on those.
    Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]

All I had to see was freaking Tom Hanks cast as Robert Langdon and I flat out refused to go see it.  I'm sorry, but Hanks with a horrible half-mullet is NOT my idea of a distinguished, attractive professor.  NOT AT ALL.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:82f94a2b-c9bc-4e26-b03c-b854ea3c0629">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Dan Brown hurts my organs, because I am an art historian.

I think that's ONE of the problems I had with his "ideas." Ugh. (Art history was one of my minors in college.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:75f206f9-9198-46f9-9c14-273f16185ca6">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kcullen, something else you missed on the responses to the HP thread was the intricate knowledge of world mythology and obscure allusions that JK Rowling put into her books. Adults love them because there's a LOT under the surface. I don't think most kids would know that the rival wizarding school "Durmstrang" is a reference to the Sturm and Drang movement in 18th century Germany, for example. And I don't see why my intelligence can be questions because I read a book that alludes to that kind of stuff. It's not your cup of tea. Fine. Just say THAT. Fantasy isn't usually my thing, either, except for HP and the Song of Ice and Fire series.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know that. Very interesting. I do know she did put a LOT of work into those books, though, which to me, makes them that much more impressive.

Oh, and I get what you're saying about the rehashed ideas and all that in The Da Vinci Code. I think I was a teenager when I read it and not all that worldy. It was an interesting story at the time. Who knows if I would still love it, now. I could re-read it to find out, but I don't really want to. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:56bf792e-4c54-4875-82fb-cb04ba127226">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Oy. Does her particular brand of Mormon include a little crazy? And I'm surprised that she would use her religion--I'm pretty sure some of the stuff that happens in these books don't coincide with Mormon beliefs.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to remember if anyone in Twilight drinks alcohol. 

Blood is okay, but alcohol is a taboo.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:e5534573-1e77-4ad3-a59f-cc9274f8614f">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Oh I know, and I definitely did this. His name was David and he was really bad news. I'm glad I didn't have Twilight around to make me even more emo.

I am glad that I was well into my late 20's when Emo became cool.  I dont know if as a teenager I would have been able to deal with that.  In high school I loved the uber-alpha males.  If everyone was emo it would have been slim pickings for me.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:03358d93-1c3f-4a10-9981-de0c071f472d">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : she's Mormon, and has stated a few times that her beliefs inform the way she writes the behaviour of the characters in her books
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

As in... she also married young so she could get some!
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:516a296f-8a3a-4483-bda2-6c9d202a12f4">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : 1. Agreed which is why I put "Christians" in quotes as I wasn't refering to the whole lot. 2. Agreed again, I ranting in relation to this man who is "Christian" 3. <strong>also true, but there's been scientific studies in which they showed homophobic men getting arroused when show risky images of other men. I was really cranky that day, so my apologies for the rant.</strong>
    So you still believe that all homophobes must be closet homosexuals.  That's awesome.All your "studies" prove is that <span style="font-weight:bold;">some</span> homophobes are gay.

You can't apologize for something, while simultaneously defending it and expect that apology to be taken seriously.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:516a296f-8a3a-4483-bda2-6c9d202a12f4">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : 1. Agreed which is why I put "Christians" in quotes as I wasn't refering to the whole lot. 2. Agreed again, I ranting in relation to this man who is "Christian" <strong>3. also true, but there's been scientific studies in which they showed homophobic men getting arroused when show risky images of other men.</strong> I was really cranky that day, so my apologies for the rant.

I get aroused when I see risky images of women, but it doesn't mean I'm gay or even bisexual. It means I think the female body is beautiful and I desire another human in a sexual way.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:bb0dfef8-4f63-4a56-94e1-abbf7210a9ba">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : All I had to see was freaking Tom Hanks cast as Robert Langdon and I flat out refused to go see it.  I'm sorry, but Hanks with a horrible half-mullet is NOT my idea of a distinguished, attractive professor.  NOT AT ALL.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

DED.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:ac312a53-f191-40c2-a8f1-251632d6d8fe">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we should talk about pitbulls. Or just dogs in general.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Then I'll just rant some more about M&R's post on ChitChat. *rages*
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:026284e3-9a5c-447b-9901-b0bc77611d64">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Twlight is delicate ground for me when it comes to menfolk.  Because first I thought RPatz was hot but then I realized that his version of "tortured and sensitive" translated to "emo and stalker-ish" in the movies, so then I thought that Jacob was hot but then I remembered he's like, 12, and I fully expected Chris Hanson to show up at my door with a camera crew all "WTF, lady".  So then I thought Emmett was hot, but the actor's name in real life is Kellan and my little brother's name is Kellen and I'm sorry, but that's just gross.  And Jasper's hair in the first movie ruined anything having to do with him for me going forward, and that pretty much leaves nobody.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]
    haha I love this. When I first saw Movie Edward, I was like, uh, yuck? WTH?
  • Options
    Also, almost every one of the 150+ books I own right now has a half naked man on the front of it, and the title includes one or more of the following words : Duke, Scoundrel, Earl, Viscount, some variance on Seduce, Lord, Devil, and/or some time of day or year (ie Winter or Midnight). 

AND I AM NOT ASHAMED.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:d2382037-86ee-4c14-a2a5-c998b2697a2e">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Add The Hardy Boys, Goosebumps and Fear Street books to the mix.
    Posted by lilianne22[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, and the ultimate: Choose your Own Adventure!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>I didn't get into the scary ones, but CYOA was the shizz</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:99862f94-383b-4a22-856c-f7ba1ab47669">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like tacos.  I love box kitty.  I enjoy the use of the word stupid when someone is in fact, being stupid.  I don't like when conversations turn into twilight ones. <strong> I ike Tom Hanks</strong>. I think the idea that intelligent adults shouldn't be reading fluff or light books to be hilarious.  Sometimes you just want to read Lipstick Jungle and take a night off.  I guess I missed the memo where intelligent people had to be proving their intelligence AT ALL TIMES.   stupid.
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

I'd like to ditto all of this except the bolded part.  And add that I love East and I wish she'd come play more.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:c3cf856c-7ea3-4aa7-8292-53f881a118ab">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : I am glad that I was well into my late 20's when Emo became cool.  I dont know if as a teenager I would have been able to deal with that.  In high school I loved the uber-alpha males.  If everyone was emo it would have been slim pickings for me.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Same here. But on the plus side, I probably would've been a virgin for a whole lot longer :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:d67ba828-7aed-45d1-8e4d-47771c2e7116">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : So you still believe that all homophobes must be closet homosexuals.  That's awesome.All your "studies" prove is that some homophobes are gay. You can't apologize for something, while simultaneously defending it and expect that apology to be taken seriously.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

No, I said also true as in I agreed with you, then mentioned tha study, and made no mention of it applying to ALL homophobes

Photobucket
  • Options
    Choose Your Own Adventure books were the greatest things ever.  I fully admit to cheating if I picked a bad one and died.  I'd go back and choose the other option instead.  And immediately feel like someone, somewhere would know I cheated.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:00914e73-cb8d-4889-94a9-92b68929960b">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : Oh, and the ultimate: Choose your Own Adventure!!! I didn't get into the scary ones, but CYOA was the shizz
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

CYOA were awesome!  Yeah, I went from Babysitters club in elem school to Fear Street in middle school.....gotta love those awkward teen years.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:da821c14-11d0-4080-9ef2-48a2a389013cPost:a907aa5f-fec1-4c77-8e21-86b20f720ded">Re: Air your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air your Grievances! : I couldn't get through the Dan Brown books but Charlaine Harris, much like Stephanie Meyer, is entertaining to me even if it is poorly written. The basis for the story is interesting, it's the execution that is lacking (in my opinion).  Harris's characters never really evolve over time and just get stuck in the same situations over and over again. But I can read one of her books in a night and when I'm really stressed out I like to read about how pretty Eric is and how oddly funny Pam is.
    Posted by Bubbalub[/QUOTE]

I think my biggest problem was I read the whole series in about a week, so half the book was repeating the prior book (because I'm assuming normal people don't read them so close together maybe?). But I'm all for reading about a life that isn't my own and not affected by stupid politics or this busted economy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards