Snarky Brides

Confessions?

Anyone want to do this?

I confess that while I'm thrilled that I have a job lined up to start soon, I'm also terrified because I haven't worked in my field for almost a year and I'm afraid that I've lost all of my skills.  I also feel a lot more pressured since I will be doing therapy part time now rather than just case management, which is what all of my prior experience is in. 

Now you go.  

Re: Confessions?

• I confess that some things going on at work have made me really nervous about the future of the company I work for. The morale here is so low that I don't really know what to think. Without going into detail, it's really stressing me out and I want to rip my hair out. I'm so ready for the weekend.
  • I confess I am dreading call from vet re Bo's pathology report.  He's already told us that 90% of oral cancers are malignant so I'm prepared, yet not prepared KWIM?

I further confess that I just made mom's travel arrangements for this summer and I am already not looking forward to the added stress of her visit.
  • Erin - I get it.  Our practice has dropped so drastically that I am really nervous.
  • I confess that I wish I wouldn't have told my mother about my wedding.  I am dreading the stress/drama/embarassment that will come with her flying into town.

imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df14f0ac-786e-41aa-9774-bb9c4e0ead0fPost:0c587db7-5671-433f-a2a0-738fa79f784f">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin - I get it.  Our practice has dropped so drastically that I am really nervous.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It sucks, huh? At the same time, my H makes just enough that I could be a SAHW and we'd be fine. I kind of like the idea. ;) 

</div>
  • I confess that I am so completely jealous of SIL right now. She just found out she's pregnant.
    DH and I aren't TTC until our house is built which is still a few years away. But I would LOVE to be pregnant at the same time as her.
  • To piggy back off Jcb, I would like just once for a vacation not to revolve around family.  Makes me sound like a sh*tty relative, but I'd like it to be just H and me for a change.
  • I also confess that I'm only going to my RFL event tonight because I signed up for it.  I know it's a good cause, but I was so into it last year because we just lost my grandfather and I wanted to honor him.
    imageVacation
  • I confess that I seriously dislike my current job.  I don't fit here, I don't mesh with anyone, and what I wanted from this job to further my career isn't happening.  I feel like all of this is the elephant in the room.  But, I can't quit until things are more lined up with my husband's job.  The stress of all of this is starting to kill me :-(
  • I confess that I will be monstrously disappointed if Ben doesn't get the job he's interviewing for next week.  I know it's just one job, one interview, but I am so desperate for him to leave his current job.  He gets paid crap, works part time but six damn days a week.  It really puts a damper on our weekend travel plans especially in the summer.  Plus the atmosphere there is just not good for him anymore.  He needs something different, but I will probably be more upset than him if this takes any longer.
    panther
  • I also confess that I worry to an irrational degree about my dad's health.  He's perfectly fine other than having mild diabetes, which he didn't tell me that he had for years.  It really hurt my feelings when I finally learned about it and realized how long he had kept it from me.  But I get why he did. because now I worry constantly about him, which is what I'm sure he was trying to avoid by not telling me. And it's so silly to worry this much because he has it under control.  But I can't help it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df14f0ac-786e-41aa-9774-bb9c4e0ead0fPost:8476fb0c-378b-4a29-97e6-a58a465588c7">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also confess that I am using my H's said new job as an excuse not to go to Florida when the rest of my family will be there.  My mom's cray-cray.  I'm not busting in on my brother's house rental.  And I want to spend MY vacation time doing something that my H and I want to do.  <strong>Spening time in FL with cray-cray is not my idea of a vacation.  Makes me feel like such a shiitty daughter.</strong>
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I totally get this. I battle with it every holiday.
  • AATB, I don't get your sig. Can you explain?

Marrin, I hope everything goes well with Bo. It's not easy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df14f0ac-786e-41aa-9774-bb9c4e0ead0fPost:20028793-e610-4e88-bfe9-06cd1c75bb43">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm anxious about this wedding we're going to tomorrow night. It's in H's hometown and while I know a ton of people too, I'm worried he's going to get wrapped up in catching up and I'll end up awkwardly talking to someone I barely know. <strong>Also, I've quit smoking</strong> but I already know it will be hard to resist tomorrow night.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>HELL YES! </div><div>
    </div><div>Have you told your H you're a little worried you'll get stuck talking to a rando? ;p I think it would be easier to resist smoking if you were as comfortable as possible, but maybe not?

</div>
  • In Response to Re:Confessions?:[QUOTE]I also confess that I worry to an irrational degree about my dad's health. nbsp;He's perfectly fine other than having mild diabetes, which he didn't tell me that he had for years. nbsp;It really hurt my feelings when I finally
    learned about it and realized how long
    he had kept it from me. nbsp;But I get
    why he did. because now I worry
    constantly about him, which is what I'm
    sure he was trying to avoid by not
    telling me. And it's so silly to worry this
    much because he has it under control.
    nbsp;But I can't help it.nbsp; Posted
    by LP11509[/QUOTE]

I totally get this. I found out by accident that my mom had a lump removed from her breast years ago. They never told us. My grandma her mom died of breast cancer. It runs in my family . It pissed me off that they didn't tell me for so many reasons.

My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer when I was in college. He called and told me that the only reason why he told me is because my sisters made him.

Parents don't get it sometimes.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df14f0ac-786e-41aa-9774-bb9c4e0ead0fPost:c0f31be8-bc8d-43c9-bb3d-23be32321ea7">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I seriously dislike my current job.  I don't fit here, I don't mesh with anyone, and what I wanted from this job to further my career isn't happening.  I feel like all of this is the elephant in the room.  But, I can't quit until things are more lined up with my husband's job.  The stress of all of this is starting to kill me :-(
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
    Joy, you could just quit and become a professional science blogger. Like a female, modern Bill Nye. I think that would be FUN!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My confession - I'm scared shiitless of the class I'm teaching in the fall. So far I've received great reviews from this semester, students saying how much they learned, how much they enjoyed everything, how they loved the discussions etc - but this is all online. I feel like I did it right this time, but being in the actual class already has me so nervous.

I'm really good at faking confidence during book events, but more is at stake with the class. And, this is an entire semester versus just 1 event. What if I sound like a moron speaking in front of everyone? 
  • Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Rachers - way to go on quitting!!  If you get tempted think of this (this will be me in about 10 years btw):

• It's from a movie, Sesh - one of my faves, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df14f0ac-786e-41aa-9774-bb9c4e0ead0fPost:8422ba86-81a5-42c4-9920-0ad52dc5e66b">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]One of my best friends is in the "new relationship" glow with a guy she feels she's getting serious about and I just can't bring myself to be happy for her.  But when I tried talking to her about it, she got super defensive.  To make a long story short, she just started dating a guy while he's in rehab for drugs.  She's being all naive and "He's off drugs!" about it and I just think she should at the very least wait until he's out of rehab before persuing anything. Plus the fact that she's lied to me about it until I pieced it together and directly asked her makes me think she's probably lied to other people to. I want to be excited for her when she calls me excited, but I'm really worried about her.  But I'm staying out of it because when I expressed concern once she made it clear she didn't want to hear my concerns.  But I feel like a bad friend.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]<div>I totally get this. I do. I rarely talk to my BFF, mother of my Godson, for similar reasons. I just can't take her drama and she isn't done with it yet. I would say I appreciate her commitment to her marriage, but she isn't really committed. I think she doesn't see a way out. She cheats every chance she gets. 

</div>
  • I confess I am judging the sh!t out of my brother saying no to standing in for my dad and walking me down the aisle.  I get that there would be some traveling involved and it would cost him some money, and I get the whole we can't judge others on how they spend their own money.  But if the roles were reversed, I would do it for him.  I'm his sister and since my dad can't be there on my wedding day, it would be really nice to at least have my older brother there for me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:df14f0ac-786e-41aa-9774-bb9c4e0ead0fPost:b7ba914a-42d6-4732-bccf-cdebd61c31de">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I am so completely jealous of SIL right now. She just found out she's pregnant. DH and I aren't TTC until our house is built which is still a few years away. But I would LOVE to be pregnant at the same time as her.
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

My confession is similar.

We aren't trying yet either and we have talked about waiting another year, but it feels like EVERYONE I know is getting knocked up.
  • I drank too much wine last night and have a vicious hangover.
    Once my work is done, there is a good chance I'm leaving early.
    Commence flaming.
  • I'll confess that I've just found it hard to be happy for people in general these days.  I don't knowwhat the heck is going on with me.  Also, I'm expecting an engagement announcement in the near future of someone VERY close to FI and I think I would rather poke my eyes out then hear about it.  There is no engagement yet and that's all I hear about... yeesh.  Yes, I'm a horrible person, I know.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df14f0ac-786e-41aa-9774-bb9c4e0ead0fPost:dec96993-48e9-4dd1-810f-ac0962914e5f">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My confession - I'm scared shiitless of the class I'm teaching in the fall. So far I've received great reviews from this semester, students saying how much they learned, how much they enjoyed everything, how they loved the discussions etc - but this is all online. I feel like I did it right this time, but being in the actual class already has me so nervous. I'm really good at faking confidence during book events, but more is at stake with the class. And, this is an entire semester versus just 1 event. What if I sound like a moron speaking in front of everyone? 
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    Sesh, if you can fake it well enough for 2 class sessions, I think you will build a rapport with your students. I see your teaching style to be more of a conversational one, rather than a lecture, so I think that you will get more comfortable with each other as the class progresses. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df14f0ac-786e-41aa-9774-bb9c4e0ead0fPost:ea710c99-6f25-46e5-82ac-8eb0afe135ac">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Joy, you could just quit and become a professional science blogger. Like a female, modern Bill Nye. I think that would be FUN!
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>I've met Bill Nye! He was at the opening of a hospital unit back when I was in HS and I went.  There is a picture out there somewhere of me and one of my friends with him, and it looks like he is fondling my ass in it (but he's not).  But this was before the days of digital cameras and I lost the picture.  Sad panda. </div>
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    Last summer H and I moved up north to live close to his family and I really don't like it here. Part of it is our current living situation and the fact that we are so busy with work and working on the house that we just don't have time for anything else. I guess it's just not what I thought it'd be like. H has friends here, he grew up here, his mom lives here, he has a bunch of family his age but we don't ever see any of them. We see his mom once and a while but to be honest she isn't my favourite person ever. She's super nice, she just has really different ideas about things. The whole situation just depresses me and makes me wonder if I made the wrong the decision. It sucks. 
  • Sesh, I find that professors like yourself, ones that truly care about their reviews and the opinions of their students, do the best. The cocky and overly confident professors are usually the least favorite. I'm sure you'll do great!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I had a total freak out yesterday afternoon. I went shopping for a dress to wear to that wedding in may and everything looked like a shapeless sack on me. It depresses me more that I can say that despite counting my calories, weighing all of my food and working out 46 times a week since jan/feb, I've not lost more than a pound or two and it always shows up again seems to when I work out more too, but my measurements aren't vastly different. I'm still the same size I was when I decided months ago I didn't want to be this size. I don't want to go to the wedding anymore cause I'm so embarassed by how I look but I know I can't bail cause of that : I came home and cried yesterday I was so upset over it.
  • I also confess that I have a split end picking problem.  Curse the person who introduced me to picking them back in HS!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards