Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Show Off Your Rings!

Re: Show Off Your Rings!

• Options
    Justin told my parents and his family back in November, before he deployed to Afghanistan, that he was planning to propose to me; and everyone kept the secret  for almost 7 months! He FINALLY popped the question while he was on leave in St. Louis on June 5th at the Zoo. He PICKED the ring out and also bought the wedding band that goes with it.. When I saw it I started hyperventilating! Who wouldn't? I still get a little shaky looking at it. The total weight is 3.0 CT, with the 4 Princess Cut Diamonds in the middle and 10 small Round Cut Diamonds around the band set in White Gold. The wedding band to match is 12 Round Cut Diamonds set in White Gold also... He got them at Kay Jewelers while we were in St. Louis; and totally had me fooled.. EVERYONE knew about him proposing but me! :D When we went to the Zoo on Monday he was really shaky and nervous. I remember the time really well because he said he NEEDED A BEER, (it was 10 to 11 in the MORNING). After we got some food and he his beer, we sat down and ate in the Pavillion they had there. He was shaky, sweaty, and blood red! I thought he was getting sick because the malaria pills they'd given to him to take, he'd LOST. After we ate, we walked around a bit more, and not ten minutes later he said he needed to sit down again.. That really scared me, I seriously thought something was wrong. We found a nice quiet path that was lined with benches, and when we sat down, he said he needed to put he sunglasses in his backpack, (the ring was in the sunglasses case). As I sat down on the bench he dropped to one knee and said, "The reason I had you sit down is because I didn't want you to pass out when I asked you to marry me.." Then he opened the ring box up and I started HYPERVENTILATING! Lol.. Of course I said yes after taking a few moments to catch my breath. After all the excitement and huge kiss, we decided to walk around the Zoo a bit more, I felt like I was floating. When we got to the Penguin enclosure it was really nasty.. They were pooping everywhere.. AND, as we turned to leave, an invisible bird from above POOPED ON ME! LOL.. Everyone I've told said that's good luck, so I'm going along with that. We're planning a long engagement so I can get some more school done, (I'm a Junior), and he can get back in the swing of things since returning home from deployment.. We've set the date for May 19, 2012!

• Options
    edited July 2010
    I picked this one out and absolutely fell in love with it, out of all the ones I tried on!

And go figure, when I go to post this, the store's site is down so I can't get a company picture of it. ;_;

I was pretty sure I was going to get that one, but I wasn't sure when it'd be. He'd stopped talking about rings for awhile and more about finances. So I thought it was going to be awhile... which was fine with me. Turns out, he got it!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Got engaged on June 23rd at Niagara Falls, NY.  My FI picked out this beautiful ring by himself :o) it's a 1 carat Solitaire Round cut diamond with 6-prongs on a knife edge plantinum band. I love the simplicity of it. :o)
  • Options

Just got engaged yesterday!  3/4 carat with 1/4 carat surrounding. I love it!

• Options
    Technically "I" picked out the ring, but my fiance doesnt think so and I wont let on otherwise.

I had tried on about 50 rings, and found a few I loved. Relaly wanted the vintage setting. So he and I stopped shopping and put all the wedding talk on the back burner for the summer.

then the morning after my best friends wedding, at a perfect oceanside hotel, we woke up to get ready. He kept insisting there was a rock in his shoe, and when Iturned around he was on one knee (crying, but he wont admit it) with this ring.

It was one of the rings I initially tried on at one store, that they happened to carry at another (same owner).... and it was probably the 2nd of 50 rings I tried on. So he thinks he picked it out himself, but his subconscious knew it was one I tried on and liked. He still insists that its very "similiar" to the originaly rings I liked- but completely different!!

AT any rate, Ill let him think that, because I LOVE IT. Its so different and I always get complimnets--people think it was custom designed.
    I am going to have my band custom made, because I dont want to lose the "V" on the sides,, a puzzle piece band with sapphires  (my birthstone) and diamonds.

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    kjc711kjc711 member
    First Comment
    You'll probably have to click on it to see it big.. but  it is distractingly beautiful. 
    Fiance and I were shopping together, but he picked this one out. I fell in love with it.. and the rest is history!

• Options
    I'm recently engaged - my fiance proposed on June 25 in Disney World. :) I knew the engagement was coming; we had been discussing it for quite a while and had gone together to pick out my ring. I just wasn't sure when, and he couldn't have picked a better place or a better time.

I really love my ring, and I'm glad we picked it out together. I love that it has sapphires in it. Blue is my favorite color, and my promise ring had been a heart-shaped blue topaz ring, so it's nice that I can keep the blue in my engagement ring.

Here's the photo from Helzberg, if you need a better view. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Just got engaged a week ago but I usually post on NEY, just thought I would show off my ring too :) 1 1/4 CT -  14k white gold, near colorless with minor inclusions. LOL. I worked at a jewelry store a while back and I love the specs on rings.

love, love, love my ring. The diamonds are the same on both sides but it just looks like a solitaire on top. He did a great job!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just got engaged on the fourth of July...FI and I had looked at rings together a while ago. I found out after the proposal that he had already picked this one out before then, and had just wanted to confirm his taste. He chose EXACTLY what I would have picked for myself! :) Beautiful white gold with about 3/4 carat diamonds total.

• Options

I picked out the setting and the round cut center diamond was originally from his moms ring. I LOVE the vintage look of it! He proposed at a party I threw for him for his birthday. We were sitting by the pool when I saw my dad randomly walk out..I looked over an saw my best friend with a camera and I knew it was it!!! I was beyond surprised and happy I cried...the poor guy had a speech and I dont remember a damn thing he said....
  • Options
    My FI and I picked out my ring together at Jared. I originally had my heart set on a three-stone ring, but once I tried it on it felt gaudy on my small finger (size 3 1/2). The salesman suggested this one and I fell in love with it! He proposed to me Wednesday night, July 21 in our apartment, so I am freshly engaged!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE mine. He proposed on July 4th with this 2.02 carat brilliant cut solitaire set in platinum. The only thing I told him was that I loved solitaires. :) I will wear it with a plain platinum band. Almost 3 weeks after the proposal and I still can't stop looking at it with that goofy smile. Laughing
  • Options
    trowe5trowe5 member
    First Comment
    We had looked at stores together so that he could get an "idea" of what I liked. All I was really looking at were solitares..nothing too crazy!
    We were in Las Vegas and it was about 2 am....He took me on the very top of the Stratosphere. The whole strip was lit up and absolutly amazing! Next thing I knew, there he was with the box open with a gorgeous ring in it, asking me to be his wife!!! I remember saying, "What is that??!!??" haha..Just because it was so much more, and he picked it out all by himself! I am so impressed with him!! I can not wait until August 27, 2011!! I will finally get to marry my best friend!!!
    P.S. I can't stop staring at my hand!!! Tomorrow will be a month since we have been engaged, and it is like it just happened!! I am such a lucky girl and I love him so much!!
    ~Future Mrs. King!!
    Future Mrs. King!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Just got engaged today. :)

He took me to the park where we first kissed and proposed at that spot.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Mark said were going to Dagles....thats the place where we picked out the ring 3 yrs ago....the first ring the company sent was a bum one and they had to re-cast a whole new ring...but it was well worth the wait! Its official July 23!

• Options
    edited July 2010
    I just got engaged last weekend, on the waterfront in front of about 25 of our friends.  I had no idea what was going on and when I finally clued in I cried my eyes out! 

My fiancée picked the ring out himself and as you can see he has very good taste.  The center stone it 0.6 carats and the remaining 18 smaller diamonds equal a full carat all together.  I love it!

"You gotta love livin' baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass!" - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    bwatonbwaton member
    First Comment
    My fiancée went with his captain from the fire department to have the ring made special for me. This particular jeweler has come through for many people in the fire department previously.Then he consulted with my mom in regards to the cut and the design. He made trips two hours away & had several phone conversations with the jeweler without me becoming suspicious.  He is very clever.
  • Options
    Congrats, ladies! So many beautiful rings here! Here's mine: 2.2 cart cushion cut with a pave band. It was custom-made with a matching band. I love it! It's the perfect ring for me!!
  • Options
    My finance (that sounds so weird!) proposed two days ago, after we went to a Detroit Tigers game. He wanted to propose at the game but couldn't find the right opportunity, so he stuck the ring in the frosting of a cupcake we had bought for dessert at a bakery in Greektown. I was mad he made me wait til we got home to eat any of the goodies, but it was well worth the wait!! He picked it out all on his own, with a few ideas of what I like. I won't take any credit for it because I had never seen this setting before. The center stone is just over a carat pricess cut, with a "kite style" setting and pave diamonds on the side.

I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful ring or a man more perfect for me :)

Congrats to everyone else too!

• Options

This was exactly what i wanted, round cut, with halo and pave settings. My fiance and I had gone and looked at a few rings so i could show him what i was talking about. He did very well on his own! He proposed to me on our trip to the Bahamas!  it was the perfect proposal, i wouldnt change a thing =)
    w
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    My fiance asked me to marry him on July 22, 2010, with rose petals spelling out Marry Me? We picked out the ring together, and put a 1 carat center stone in the middle! Its the most beautiful ring I have ever seen!

• Options
    kmetzger0389kmetzger0389 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Hey guys! I have been engaged since 12-12-09 but I'm fairly new to theknot!

All your engagement rings are absolutely stunning! Congrats to everyone!

Sorry, I dont have a picture of it on my hand (I left my hard drive with all my pictures at work) It's a 2.65 ct black diamond with .43 ct white diamonds surrounding. Black diamonds are less dense than white diamonds, so my 2.65 ct black diamond is smaller in size than a 2.65 white diamond would be. He knew I really liked the black diamonds, but he totally picked this on his own!! It's fits both our styles perfectly!

image. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got engaged on July 5th.  He was very sweet and had picked out his top 10 ring choices.  He then let me browse and we picked this out together.

• Options
    Wow! Everyone's rings are so impressive!
    My fiance opted for a simple, traditional ring, which fits my personality completely. It is a yellow gold band with a round brilliant cut diamond. It is so "me"!
  • Options
    We got engaged on June 13, 2010 in Terni, Italy at Mamore Falls while we were on vacation, on the LAST day. We had taken the vacation with family so the only time we were alone were 2 nights in Rome and when it didn't happen then, I thought it just wasn't the right time for him. Well at the falls I had almost ruined it more than once! He kept trying to take pictures of us but I was totally getting wet so I would take the picture and run off. But he finally got my to a place that still had the falls in a picture and I was not getting wet. I didn't believe him at first, even told him "shut up, don't mess with me baby" but then he pulled the ring out LOL

We had looked at rings before so he knew my style, I love the "vintage" look. The funny thing is that the place he got it from was from a wholesaler in SF, his parents have always shopped there. So we went with his mom one Saturday to the shop, I wanted to look at and try on rings but he was like no, not now plus we've already looked, there's no need. I was a little irritated but whatever. WELL come to find out that is the place he got my ring and he picked it up THAT DAY! While his mom and I were shopping I thought he went to the bathroom but nope! He was getting the ring from the store :)
    Untitled TTC#1 - DX w/ Endo in 2004 - Married 5/21/11 - Stopped BC in 2/12 - Started TTC 6/12
  • Options

He did so well :)) very unique like us
  • Options
    MbnebgenMbnebgen member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    He did it on 4th of July under the fireworks in Port Aransas Tx. Next to the water. I cried.

1 carat Leo center stone with .51 carat lovers knot setting. I love my ring and think my Fiance did a GREAT job!
  • Options
    I love looking at everyones rings!!! My FI and I just got engaged last week and he picked out the ring by himself. He did an amazing job IMHO and I wouldnt change anything about it!!

• Options
    edited August 2010
    We got engaged July 28th!!! I LOVE my ring! and with it being a solitare I have so many options for a band/wrap. Its a half carat heart diamond :)

6/3/2004-The day we met!

7/28/2010-The day he proposed!

6/3/2011-The day I marry my Best Friend and Soulmate!
  • Options
    Truly unique, I think it's def one of a kind. Have not seen any other ring like mine, just like my soon to be hubby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards