Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Show Off Your Rings Here!

Re: Show Off Your Rings Here!

• Options
    sockmisersockmiser member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Just got engaged yesterday! We are hoping for a May 2014 wedding which is crazy soon, but hopefully we can pull it off.
    We had looked at rings together so he knew what I like but he picked this out totally on his own and it's perfect.
    I love antique style rings with all kinds of details but they are usually very big and flashy which isn't my thing (I have very small hands, too), and this one is perfect. It's so pretty and delicate and I have not stopped looking at it.
    Plus, we are both super environmentally and ethically conscious so I didn't want a blood diamond or mined gold and this ring is a certified antique so virtually no environmental or ethical footprint =]
    I'm so happy!

Congrats! It's beautiful! I really like the idea of an antique. We are shooting for May as well, so you are not alone! Most people I have talked too seem to think its is so soon... I'm of the opinion that the world will not end if we don't get the perfect venue or flowers. All I really want is him! Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I'm a little late :) But this post is still active so it's okay!  I was engaged in San Francisco on vacation with FI on May 17, 2013...... wedding date is March 16, 2014 (his birthday is March 18 and mine is March 19) :) 

cushion cut  1.8ct center, .65ct band/halo :)image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Engaged 7-28-13 at Atlantis in the Bahamas. Love my radiant center stone!! He picked out the diamond and setting with zero help! I absolutely LOVE my ring!!!
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Show off your ring!:
    My husband had my wedding ring custom made for me, it has two bands that connect to my center stones, he thought I wouldn't need a wedding band because I had the two bands on my ring...boy was he wrong.

We spent months looking for a wedding band to fit my ring without having another one custom made, we were lucky and found on at Littman's; in the end I ended up with not one, but two wedding bands.

Beautiful rings! All, I have a question about rings and need LOTS of opinions... My boyfriend and I are discussing engagement rings, and he was under the impression that the engagement ring is just taken off during the ceremony and reused as the wedding band... I assured him while anyone can do what makes them happy, that is NOT the way 90% of couples do it,,, there is an engagement ring AND wedding band, or just the wedding band... Now my boyfriend is a worldly, intelligent, far from naive guy, but he seems to feel everyone he knows does it this way...(They dont, I think he sees womens rings fused together, and assumes they are one?) Time to straighten him out ladies! In this country anyway, wouldnt most of us brides not be ok with reusing the engagement ring as a  wedding band? Or am I wrong? (Lol... I KNOW that Im not!) Would love to hear your opinions!
    Posted by buddec
    LOL...we have the same engagement ring :)

imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    I love pearl - my birthstone. Here is my engagement ring. 
  • Options
    His mom and sister stalked my wedding Pinterest board for months! I am so glad, I absolutely love my ring! imageimage
  • Options
    My Perfect Ring!
  • Options
    Yay! We got engaged last Wed, Sept 25. He proposed at home in our dining room. There were flowers, a bottle of my favorite champagne and the ring out on the table. I was so surprised. When I asked him why he decided to do it on a random Wed night, he said "I just didn't want to wait anymore" (awwwwww!) My heart melted and of course, I said "YES!"

My ring is a replica of the Tiffany Legacy setting. I've adored this ring for years and he had it made by a designer here in Austin. They couldn't replicate it exactly but the changes they made to it were minor and I love, love, love it! The center stone is a 1.8 carat cushion cut stone and the rest of the stones are about a carat total. 

• Options
    GrrArghGrrArgh member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2013
    We got engaged Feb 21st 2013 we are getting married for time and all eternity in the LDS Memphis Temple on January 11th 2014 and couldn't be happier!
     imageimageHe did such a remarkable job picking out my ring. I love the kite set stones on the sides and all the delicate milgrain that highlights the 3/4 Asscher center stone
  • Options
    Finally "officially" engaged! We got engaged on friday (oct 4th) he did a great job and I cant stop smiling
  • Options
    We got engaged first September 28 and he gave me a really pretty James Avery ring, and then yesterday, October 6, we went out to our favorite bar and sat at our favorite table and he proposed with the ring that we picked out on Saturday at Robbins Brothers, its so pretty! :) its a Scott Kay solitaire band that has a pretty side profile, with a half carat center stone that was my moms
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Here is my beauty.....

I was engaged in Barbados on our 3 year anniversary: August 21st, 2013

• Options
    Engaged on September 25th, 2013. FI wanted to get me a non-traditional ring and this is what he came up with. It's ebony, white gold and malachite.

• Options
    I don't know why I can't see everyone's pictures... I assume it's because I am on a Mac...

But anyway, my fiance and I got engaged about 2 months ago, on July 27, 2013. He took me to the place where we had our first date and got down on one knee and everything. It was surreal and took me by complete surprise!

Here's my ring... it's a .77 ct cushion cut diamond ring on a band that is shaped like an infinity symbol.
  • Options
    1920's antique ring. Perfect for this lady who loves vintage.
  • Options
    Just happened last night!

Ring is Titanium with a moissanite center and two sapphires on each side. The band is engraved with a "scroll script" which looks like either scrolls or an infinity sign. =D!!!
  • Options
    ladybuginl0veladybuginl0ve member
    First Comment
    edited October 2013
    Married 5 years this month!

ladybuginl0ve
  • Options
    We just got married July 27 and I dont remember ever sharing our bands so here it they are :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We got engaged June 6th 2013 on the Big Island of Hawaii.  We were hiking through an old volcano crater and we decided to stop for a second and take a rest.  He suggested we take a picture so he set up the camera on a rock and set the timer.  As the time is ticking 10..9...8... I'm waiting for him to come over and stand next to me as I'm already posing.  I see him from the corner of my eye next to me and I go to put my hand around him but I see him kneel down. "3...2..." I look down and he asked me to  marry him.  "1...click!" & of course I said yes.

Wedding is set for October 3rd, 2014 at Wiens Family Cellars in Temecula, California.

• Options
    We got engaged June 6th 2013 on the Big Island of Hawaii.  We were hiking through an old volcano crater and we decided to stop for a second and take a rest.  He suggested we take a picture so he set up the camera on a rock and set the timer.  As the time is ticking 10..9...8... I'm waiting for him to come over and stand next to me as I'm already posing.  I see him from the corner of my eye next to me and I go to put my hand around him but I see him kneel down. "3...2..." I look down and he asked me to  marry him.  "1...click!" & of course I said yes.

Wedding is set for October 3rd, 2014 at Wiens Family Cellars in Temecula, California.

That picture is awesome! What a great idea. 
  • Options
    Well I missed this board when I got engaged last October... Since my wedding bands just came in and we tried them on together one time so I could make sure the fit and of course grab a picture I though I would share the set.   

I am still to this day beyond obsessed with my engagement ring and wedding bands now (can't wait to wear all of them together)  The ring I always wanted by Neil Lane!

Wedding May 3rd  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It is from Verragio. He did good. :)
  • Options
    We got engaged last month.  Just started planning.  Here is my ring.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eeeek! I still cant believe i'm engaged! Been together since 2006 :) Getting married in 2015! 
  • Options

My fiancé and I have been together since 2005, got engaged on April 10, 2012, and are getting married on August 1, 2014!! BEYOND excited!!

And congratulations to EVERYONE else! :D

• Options

My beautiful ring ..he picked out all by himself :)

• Options
    Love Mine it is soo different! Getting married in may can not wait to wear this!!

There are some gorgeous ring on here ladies!
  • Options

This is a bit belated, but I got engaged mid-August. Attached is my ring, which I still can't stop looking at!