Wedding Etiquette Forum

Quick! Someone email E!

Re: Quick! Someone email E!

• I am the first to admit that I'm a pop culture failure.I mean, I'd never even heard banana phone until Friday.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Sorry P2...just read the comment you made about not expecting a tip for bad service, and it should be earned with great service and a great attitude. Agreed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ... although she was a teacher/bartender who worked weekends at an event venue. Wow, who has time for etiquette? She was actually quite snobby for someone who worked at a DIY  venue. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I love seeing teachers outside of school it is like seeing a dog walk on 2 legs.
  • Sorry to butt in but this really annoys me:When the waiter gets my drink order, and food order, and never. ever comes back to the table (manager brings the drink, or cook, yes, cook brings the food - that, btw - was ordered incorrectly - NOT prepared incorrectly), then no, they did not earn a tip. And that's what I was bitching about. Do you realize that a large portion of your tip goes to the manager, bartender, hostess and kitchen staff? I waitressed to put myself through university, and every restaurant I worked at, there was a mandatory ~5% tip out. That means that I would have to pay 5% of my SALES to the tip pool. Some places I had to tip out another 1% to the bar. This is not a percentage of tips I received.. it was based on sales, so if someone didn't leave a tip at all, I had to pay 5 or 6% of your bill out of my own pocket. Also, sometimes a server can't give great service because of decisions managers make (like giving servers sections that are too big) so the managers sometimes pitch in to help. And they get tipped for it. Rant over.
  • pumpkin2, you can't possibly deny the comment you made that if people wanted more money than they made waiting table, that they should get a better job.You said it, I didn't
  • I disagree. The day my kin folk let me start wearing tampons so I didn't have to go live in the tool shed a week out of each month was the coolest thing I got to do in my life.DED
  • Yes. My husband shares his tips. Every table gets 2 waiters, a busser, a food runner, a sommelier. And the tips are also split with management and the door hosts and the bartenders. That is how a restaurant works. If your waiter has a bad attitude, then adjust tip accordingly. If your food came out not cooked to your standards, or too slowly, often this is not your waiters fault at all, but the kitchen staffs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Now I have to google banana phone.
  • Right, but Wading, sing it out loud "Ima sucka fo' cornrows and manicured toes" vs. "Ima sucka fo' cornrows and pedicures."It ain't ghetto enough. Cubs, it's not because it isn't "ghetto enough" - it's that it doesn't rhyme.
  • yah, I did say that. I'm not going to deny it. Generally, it's not good servers who earn their well-deserved tips that complain about shitty tippers though. I have a problem with bad servers who expect good tips. Especially if they have to tip out. You'd think they'd be working harder to earn a better tip. Seriously not getting in to this argument again.
  • Generally, it's not good servers who earn their well-deserved tips that complain about *** tippers though. Actually it's the good servers who get shiitty tips who complain, because they deserve better and have to tip out a flat percentage regardless of the shiitty customers they have. My best tips came from people who appreciated good service, not from people who looked down on waitresses or thought they should get a better job.
  •   Time is not money for me, but for a trader it is.  I undertsand exactly what Mrs. E was trying to say.  P2 is a spazz and I think she's mentally ill.
  • I'm pretty sure that was outta line, Diggity. I'm also pretty sure you don't know me, at all....and accusing someone of being mentally ill is aboslutely un called for. Also, I wasn't the one to "spazz" out. MrsE was. Thanks.
  • P2, for someone who claims not to give a cr*p how much MrsE makes, you managed to repost the $9800 figure about eleventy billion times.  Honestly anyone in this post who pretends they wouldn't love to make close to $10 grand in 10 minutes is full of sh*t. 
  • If you can say whatever you want P2, so can I .  I call it like I see it!
  • No one's pretending that they wouldn't like to also do it.   People are just saying that stating that you are able to in not really necessary.
  • Colleen, I don't disagree with you on that.  But this response from P2 is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've seen today:I, for one, am not in the slightest bit jealous of you or your life, home, career, or $9800 commission. I don't get jealous. I really don't. And saying that others are jealous of what you've got is beyond absurd. I hope you feel better about yourself by saying that. Thou dost protest too much.
  • P2, for someone who claims not to give a cr*p how much MrsE makes, you managed to repost the $9800 figure about eleventy billion times. Honestly anyone in this post who pretends they wouldn't love to make close to $10 grand in 10 minutes is full of sh*t.::facepalm::

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Of course, who wouldn't want to earn $9800 in commissions (before taxes and fees, remember) in 10 minutes? Does it make me jealous, no. Does it make her a shallow biitch for forcing down everyone's throats? Yes.
  • Kati - my fff about you is absolutely correct. You try waaayyyy too hard to "fit in" here.
  • Um, actually, for some people money doesn't really make the world go 'round.  So yeah, count me in as someone who doesn't care how much money I make in 10 minutes.  Allow me to extend that to anyone else.  I don't care how much money you make in 10 minutes either.But, dear Katie, none of that is the point.Commence to calling me a liar.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Saying "Damn I  wouldn't mind making $9800 in 10 minutes"  doesn't make one jealous.jeal⋅ous   /ˈdʒɛləs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [jel-uhs] Show IPA Use jealous in a Sentence –adjective 1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his rich brother.  No one resents E for making the money, they disagree with her including the info in the post.
  • My apologies for the messed up formatting on that C&P
  • GAWD, Colleen.  Way to wonk up the thread. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • I can't believe I just read this whole thread. I could've been making $9800.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• You`re the one who flamed yourself for your Mom paying off your cc debt and your 20 k wedding, or something like that.    No wonder you see nothing wrong with someone dropping their earring figures.
  • bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    colleen, it was a $30k wedding. GOSH, get it right!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards