Wedding Etiquette Forum

Quick! Someone email E!

12346»

Re: Quick! Someone email E!

• how is this thread still happening?I have said it before, and I will say it 100 times more...I don't think schaal meant that she thinks fat people are disgusting. She is purely talking aesthetics, which is TOTALLY different.what is the point of rehashing stuff people have said over and over and over? just get over it and move on.E- you seem like a pretty confident and blunt woman...I actually have a hard time believing that you care enough what people think of you to actually respond to these posts and try to justify what kind of person you are.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • E- you seem like a pretty confident and blunt woman...I actually have a hard time believing that you care enough what people think of you to actually respond to these posts and try to justify what kind of person you are.  It is amazing that only like four people get me.  I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about me, you are right there.  People seem really pissed like they are going to start a lynch mob and I'm here laughing.  My later responses were when I was waiting for him to finish some work things so we can eat together.  I am sure you all care, my no pasta lasagna was really great. 
  • How does one do no pasta lasagna? I'm asking in all seriousness. DH loves my lasagna but this one I can't fathom.
  • It is the South Beach veggie lasagna recipe.  I'll C&P below and it is so good.  He adds meat and a pasta on the side but not me.  Vegetarian No-Pasta Lasagna Serves 4-6  Ingredients: 2 large eggplants 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella 2 (14.5-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes 1 large egg 1/2 cup fresh-grated Parmesan cheese 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped fine 2 tablespoons onion, chopped fine 2 tablespoons dried oregano 2 tablespoons dried thyme 2 cups (4 whole) roasted peppers 1 6-ounce can tomato paste 4 tablespoons olive oil 2 cups spinach (optional) 1 large yellow squash, thinly sliced lengthwise (optional) salt and ground black pepper to taste  Instructions: Preheat oven to 450�F. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in skillet and cook garlic and onion until they become aromatic and begin to brown. Add stewed tomatoes and 1 tablespoon dried oregano. Once tomatoes begin to bubble, stir in tomato paste. Reduce heat to low, add salt and pepper to taste, cover and let simmer lightly while you continue. Slice eggplant lengthwise in 1/4-inch slices. Spread out eggplant on a rimmed cookie sheets sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Salt the slices generously on both sides, sprinkle with thyme, and lightly brush (fingers are fine) with the remaining oil olive. Roast eggplant in oven until tender and slightly browned. If using yellow squash, also roast briefly until soft and pliable. Remove and let cool enough to handle. Reduce oven to 375�F. Meanwhile, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, remaining oregano, and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. In a 12x9-inch baking dish spread 1/4 cup of tomato sauce. Cover with 3 or 4 eggplant slices, then half of the roasted peppers, and then a third of the ricotta cheese mixture, followed by a third of the mozzarella. Sprinkle half the basil over cheeses, and then spinach and yellow squash (if using). Cover with more tomato sauce, eggplant, peppers, ricotta, mozzarella and basil. Top with remaining eggplant, tomato sauce, mozzarella, and any remaining Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for about 15 minutes more or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Remove and let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.  Nutritional Information: 354.18 calories 12.35 g sugar 25.46 total fat (6.82 g sat, 18.64 g mono) 67.48 mg cholesterol 35.4 g carbohydrate16.76 g protein3.55 g fiber754.95 mg sodium
  • Thanks! The eggplant explains it. My doofus won't touch eggplant, so I'll end up making two pans, but it sounds freakin' awesome to me, so I'll definitely have to try it. Just went foodshopping this evening, too. Back to the store for me for some eggplant.
  • 1. On FFF I was called "not too bright" by P2. 2. I do not have a PhD. I never claimed I did. 3. I am totally craving lasagna.
  • I can say that I don't lead a selfish lifestyle::snort:: I think we've all heard about your wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How was my wedding selfish?  Can you explain that please? 
  • Why do you feel you need to prove yourself to me? I doubt you will change how I feel about you. You could be a saint in real life, but youre a biitch online.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't need to prove anything to you but since you asked about my philanthropy projects, I figured why not post one.  Anyway, a lot of people lurk here and if one person sees info about them, then takes an interest, it is a mitzvah. 
  • Hang on, hang on. Now, anyone who's paid any attention at all knows that I do NOT get along with AE. BUT... How people spend their money is no one else's business. And if someone has the money for a kickin' wedding AND philanthropy, then more power to 'em. No one's got any right to say that someone else can't spend a million bucks on her wedding if she wants to and no one should assume that if she does she's not spending additional funds - or time - on more generous pursuits. Everyone on the knot is so quick to point out to a bride bitching about her bridesmaid buying beer instead of shower decor that the bride's got no right to dictate the destination of the bridesmaid's funds. Same goes for the bride herself. And you absolutely CANNOT figure from anyone's online attitude whether s/he's got a tendency toward charitable donation.
  • 1.  Mrs E is beautiful.2.  I don't care how much money she makes, I don't care what she spends it on.  She had a beautiful wedding and it's her money to spend on that.  The same could be said for all of us - the money I'm spending on my wedding could fund something that would benefit my community, but that's none of anyone's business but my own.  Stones and glass houses and all of that crap.3.  I'm glad I read this post this morning.  I get Schaal's clarification on the weight thing.4.  Kati is still an idiot - in the "foolish person" definition.  She doesn't understand why people get flamed, and clearly thinks that we're flaming her because of her looks and her Hahvahd education.  We're not.  PS.  You don't actually know what school I went to or what I do for a living aside from general terms I throw out here and there so wtf?

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards