Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Scary movie poll!

Re: Scary movie poll!

• Options
    OMG Vogt, I just watched a show with that house on it the other day. That is crazy what happened. We'd so go if I lived near you. I LOVE the new picture, LOVE, I say!
  • Options
    heh the new one. My friend and I snuck into the theater when we were 15 to see it, and were both bawling we were so scared. I wont watch it again.
  • Options
    How much time do you have?  Few scare me anymore - yeah, I know The Shining did when I was a kid :).The most disturbing one was the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre - very little actual blood/gore; all implied. The noise is the kicker.The Exorcist - scary, scary, scary.  My parents also saw it in the theater, and my mom said it was sickening then and absolutely frightening when they left.The original Halloween, to me, is more psychological - I love, love, love it. I even like Halloween II and I like Halloween H20.  Psycho - terrifying.George Romero zombie movies.He Knows You're Alone - the original with Carol KaneThere are parts of several that disturb me and there are types of scenes that get me:  people being snatched suddenly; things jumping out suddenly, children creepy-crawling (like The Grudge), hair-hidden faces (like The Ring).The scene in The Shining where Jack kills Hallorann scares the hell out of me.  The scene in Quarantine where the lady is pulled down and away scares me.  FFF posts are always very scary to me.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the Shining! I watched that one at a Halloween sleepover thing when I was 14 or so. The original. It was also when I lived in Colorado, about an hour from the Stanley Hotel, where they filmed the re-make. I visited the Stanley last summer and was thoroughly creeped out.
  • Options
    If the book is scarier than the movie, I really want to read it. Now we know what you can send me in our next book exchange, Nebb. :)
  • Options
    TY JK. The first time I watched Slient Hill, I though it was stupid but then I watched it again and I thought the special effects are so cool. I watched "the making of" it and it was awesome. Def. very good movie.
  • Options
    I'm with lauren and cew on The Shining. I was watching it with someone else at home at night and had to turn it off midway through and watch the rest in broad daylight, it was that freaky.
  • Options
    How much time do you have? Few scare me anymore - yeah, I know The Shining did when I was a kid :).I knew you'd be answering  this poll!
  • Options
    [i]Salt -- I love seeing Silent Hill on your list! That's one of my favorite scary movies![/i] Yes! *high five* Nebb - I loved 13 Ghosts too. I just love the characters they came up with for the ghosts. The torso freaked me the hell out.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ooh, poor Nebb. It's such a cheeseball film, but I was scared shiitless the first time I saw it too. You know the black death the climbs up the walls? Well, the night it came out, my best friend and I went to see it after work at the mall. It was the first frost, so the back of my car was iced over. I have to drive through a cemetery to get home and there are a TON of trees. So, I'm driving through land of the dead and the tree branches through the frost look like the black death in my rearview mirror.I slammed on my breaks, almost got in an accident, and screamed at the top of my lungs. Until I realized I was being ridiculous :) But I still didn't sleep that night.
  • Options
    Is 13 Ghosts the one where the guy gets chopped in half by the glass door? Because yeah, that movie scared the crap out of me too.
  • Options
    13 Ghosts= one of my Fav movies. The story behind how the ghosts die is amazing.
  • Options
    That show on the travel channel, Ricks? I watched it too. I've heard about this before, but not that in detail. It's only a couple hours (maybe less) from us, so we said we had to go.That medium they have on there is also the one I talk to. She comes on the radio station I listen to, and she said she was completely overwhelmed and won't even go back into the town ever again.
  • Options
    That show on the travel channel, Ricks? I watched it too. I've heard about this before, but not that in detail. It's only a couple hours (maybe less) from us, so we said we had to go.Yep! You have to go, my orders!
  • Options
    The Decent scared the sh!t outta me. I really want to see that Paranormal Activity.
  • Options
    We're definitely heading that way tomorrow. They're only open for 4 hours though, and they don't take reservations over the phone. I'm crossing my fingers that we get in! And at the same time, really really scared that we will and we'll see/hear something creepy! But if I was a ghost, I wouldn't pull it out for Halloween. It's pandering. I'd save it for when the one guy is stupid enough to stay overnight by himself, and then go BSC :)
  • Options
    [i]Is 13 Ghosts the one where the guy gets chopped in half by the glass door? Because yeah, that movie scared the crap out of me too. [/i] That's the one! Maybe I'll rent that one for tonight. My brothers want me to bring some scary movies over to their house!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Cew, the book is waaaaay scarier than the movie.  I got to a point where I had to leave the book in a room besides my bedroom so that I could sleep.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    We're definitely heading that way tomorrow. They're only open for 4 hours though, and they don't take reservations over the phone. I'm crossing my fingers that we get in! A little jealous over here.
  • Options
    COME VISIT! Obviously not tomorrow, but it's open all year. We'll all go together and get the piss scared out of us. I'm sure it will be more fun and less cheesey when it's not Halloween. Oh, and then I can take you to the cemetery with the disappearing steps. You walk up and there's a certain number. You walk down, and it's not the same number. Totally freaky.
  • Options
    I can multitask. And I forgot that your anniversary was on Halloween - Happy Anniversary! (can we see some pics of it again?)And "28 Days Later" Without fail.
  • Options
    I really just cant give up my copy of the shining cew, I love it too much. I will try to scam a copy off my friend whos mom is getting rid of her stephen king and mail it to you if I can!
  • Options
    COME VISIT! Gah, I'd love to! TY BIP. Glad to see you back! 28 days Later was freaky. I can't bring myself to watch 28 Weeks Later.
  • Options
    Ricks, I have so many scary movies, and I like lots of the late 70s/early 80s ones - The Fog, Terror Train, Friday the 13th (yeah, I like all of them) - you name it. I can't believe I forgot Nightmare on Elm Street!! I REALLY liked the remake of My Bloody Valentine.  We bought the original one on DVD (I haven't seen it in ages).   I didn't like the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, He Knows You're Alone, or Halloween.Did you know they're remaking Nightmare on Elm Street? Sheesh.The original Last House on the Left was terrifying (and done by Wes Craven).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Oh, yeah 28 days later was scary. I hid my face. A lot. I did take pleasure in exFI getting so scared he had to leave the room. Even though he'd already seen it once. Hehe.
  • Options
    YOu know what makes me sad?  All the remakes of classics.Missy, does the original Last House on the Left include an awful rape scene and a cheesy ending that ruins the whole movie?  because if not, I want to see it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Okay, you know what was scary bad? The Leprechaun (sp?) Such a BAD movie, but that guy haunted my dreams for a week.
  • Options
    I was about to tell you they are making a remake of Nightmare, but then I read the rest of your post ;P. They aren't even using the same actor as Freddy :( I loved the remake of Halloween and Chainsaw. I am iffy about MBV but I may rent it since you approved!
  • Options
    JK my mom says the rape scene is worse. I refuse to watch movies like this. I liked the first Last House on the Left, but I hated the rape scene.
  • Options
    Its not a scary movie perse, but Hard Candy freaked me out because that chick was psycho.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards